Falling For My Best Friend (K...

By arabella949

A Katsuki BakugoxOC book. Akari Sasaki has a rare quirk that allows her to manipulate elements. Join her on h... More

Main Character & Authors Note
Chapter One: Orgin
Chapter Two: What it takes to be a Hero
Chapter Three: Roaring Muscles
Chapter Four: What I Can Do for Now
Chapter Five: Rage, You Damn Nerd
Chapter Six: Deku vs Kacchan
Chapter Seven: Bakugo's Start Line
Chapter Eight: Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida!
Chapter Nine: Encounter with the Unknown
Chapter Ten: Game Over
Chapter Eleven: All Might
Chapter Twelve: In Each of Our Hearts
Chapter Thirteen: Answers Revealed
Chapter Fourteen: That's The Idea, Ochaco
Chapter Sixteen: In Their Own Quirky Ways
Chapter Seventeen: Strategy, Strategy, Strategy
Chapter Eighteen: Calavary Battle Final
Chapter Nineteen: The Boy Born with Everything
Chapter twenty: Victory or Defeat
Chapter Twenty One: Battle On, Challengers!
Chapter Twenty Two: Bakugo vs Uraraka
Chapter Twenty Three: Shoto Todoroki; Origin
Chapter Twenty Four: Fight On Iida
Chapter Twenty Five: Todoroki vs Bakugo
Chapter Twenty Six: Time To Pick Some Names
Chapter Twenty Seven: Bizarre! Gran Torino Appears
Chapter Twenty Eight: Hero Killer
Chapter Twenty Nine: Climax
Chapter Thirty: The Aftermath of Hero Killer; Stain
Chapter Thirty One: Listen Up!! A Tale From The Past
Chapter Thirty Two: Gear Up For Final Exams
Chapter Thirty Three: Katsuki Bakugo; Origin part one
Chapter Thirty Four: Katsuki Bakugo; Origin part two
Chapter Thirty Five: Encounter
Chapter Thirty Six: Game Start
Chapter Thirty Seven: Two Hero's Part One
Chapter Thirty Eight: Two Hero's Part Two
Chapter Thirty Nine: Two Hero's Part Three
Chapter Forty: Two Hero's Part Four
Chapter Forty One: Wild, Wild Pussycats
Chapter Forty Two: Kota
Chapter Forty Three: A Night of Tragedy
Chapter Forty Four: The Aftermath
Chapter Forty Five: Attempted Rescue
Chapter Forty Six: Symbol of Peace
Chapter Forty Seven: One For All
Chapter Forty Eight: End of the Beginning, Beginning of the End
Chapter Forty Nine: I Love You (Lemon)
Chapter Fifty: Moving Into Dorms
Chapter Fifty One: Create Those Ultimate Moves
Chapter Fifty Two: The Test
Chapter Fifty Three: Save The World With Love
Chapter Fifty Four: Provisional Hero License Exam
Chapter Fifty Five: A Talk About Your Quirk
Chapter Fifty Six: Deku vs Kacchan Part Two
Chapter Fifty Seven: A Season For Encounters
Chapter Fifty Eight: Unrivaled
Chapter Fifty Nine: The Scoop on U.A Class 1-A
Chapter Sixty: Princess (Lemon)
Chapter Sixty One: Overhaul
Chapter Sixty Two: Boy Meets...
Chapter Sixty Three: Fighting Fate
Chapter Sixty Four: An Unpleasant Talk
Chapter Sixty Five: GO!!

Chapter Fifteen: Roaring Sports Festival

1.3K 30 8
By arabella949

Class had just ended so I was grabbing stuff and shoving it in my bag when I heard Uraraka's voice.

"U-Um, why the heck are you all here?" She asked to the horde of students outside our classroom. I walked up standing next by her crossing my arms.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida asked with his hand gestures.

"Why are you blocking out doorway? I won't let you hold us hostage?" Mineta asked them.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots. We are the class that survived a real villain attack" Katsuki said as he walked by, I stood behind him as we all stared at one another.

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it extras!" Katsuki told them rudely making me laugh.

"You can't walk around calling people extras just because you don't know who they are!" Iida told him freaking out.

"So this is Class 1-A" I heard a voice say, a guy with purple hair made his way threw the crowd "I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass".

"Is everyone in the hero course delusional, or just you?" He asked making Katsuki growl.

"How about as beautiful?" He asked me, making steam practically blow out of Katsuki's head. I didn't respond only glared at him.

"How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs. I wanted to be in the Hero course, but like many others I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life" he explained to us, Katsuki just made a 'Tch' sound.

"I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports Festival the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room." He said freaking out my classmates behind me.

"Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I am here to let you know that if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot from right under you. Consider this a declaration of war" he declares to us which pissed me off even more.

"Hey you! I'm from class 1-B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains, and I came to see if that was true, but you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us!" Another guy said, great more people hating on us.

"Talk all you want! It'll just be more embarrassing when you're KO'd" he yelled at us, Katsuki turned while grabbing my hand and pulling me through the crowd.

"Hey! Don't you ignore me!" He yelled at us again.

"Dude where are you going? You got to say something. It's your fault they're all hating on us Bakugo" Kirishima told him, Katsuki stopped looking back slightly at our class.

"These people don't matter" Katsuki told him.

"Huh?" Kirishima asked confused.

"The only thing that's important is that I beat them" Katsuki finished and began to pull me through the crowd once more.

"Hey! I'm coming for you!" The guy yelled at us one more time making me laugh at his stupidity.

"Damn Katsuki, I bet Kirishima is freaking out right now about how manly that was" I tell him laughing making him smirk

~One week later~

The Sports Festival was a week away, we've all been training ourselves during school and after. Every day after school Katsuki and I would help each other train and practice new moves. Currently at school I was practicing lifting and shooting boulders at a wall. I was panting and sweating but I was decreasing the time exponentially.

"Akari" I heard a voice say, I looked over to see my Dad.

"Oh hey, did you see that I could hold more boulders now!" I asked him as I drank some water from my water bottle.

"Yes but you need to practice another element now" he tells me and began walking as I followed.

"Well I have been practicing air and water with Katsuki after school each day" I say confused by what he was meaning.

We walked towards the middle of the training grounds where I noticed a huge bonfire was lit, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Wait no, I can't do this at school I can't contain it well. What if I accidentally hurt someone?" I ask him looking at all my classmates around me.

"Well that should give you motivation to control it more, you don't want to hurt your friends so contain it" he said simply making me sigh.

'There's no way on changing his mind on this' I thought to myself and began to walk towards the flickering light.

"Hey guys! I think Kari is gonna use the fire part of her Quirk!" I hear a voice say, I watch as my classmates stop to look. I can't blame them for being curious, all week they've been seeing me use all other elements except this one. Not even Katsuki or Izuku have seen me use it. I take a deep breath and take off my jacket since its not fire proof.

"Yeah take it off!" I hear Mineta scream but I manipulate the earth from under him up making him go flying.

I close my eyes breathing slowly and get in a stance. I raise my arms upwards towards the heat and begin my pulling the flames to my hands. I could feel it getting warmer so I open my eyes and yank the fire towards me. Orange flames cover my hands and up to my forearm making me take in a shaky breath. I turn my back to the bonfire then get into a fighting position.

I begin by shooting out small waves of flames towards the building in front of me. I then try to increase the power by drawing more from the bonfire behind me and start turning in a circle to make a ring of fire around me. Once the circle is complete I punch my fists aggressively which shoots massive flames out, scorching anything it touches. I can feel my skin start to burn meaning I'm overusing it. I slowly move the fire from the circle and from my arms, to in between my hands making a large ball of compact fire. I stare on it focusing then shoot it at a nearby tree making it explode and leave it smoking.

I bend over, exhausted and wanting to throw up. I look at my hands to see they're tinted pink from being almost burned. I looked up to see nothing but black charcoal around me but is interrupted by clapping and cheering. I look around to see my classmates cheering for me and giving me compliments. I blush at the extra attention and walk towards my Dad.

"Happy now?" I question him slightly annoyed.

"You need to extend the time you're able to manipulate it so that doesn't happen" He tells me referring to my stinging hands.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna go get some burn medication from Recovery Girl now" I tell him and he nods.

As I walk away, a few pairs of eyes linger on me. Todoroki obviously doesn't use his fire often, so he of course is staring at me. Katsuki and Izuku are practically wide eyed since I've been friends with them for fifteen years now and they've never seen me do that before. I keep walking ignoring their stares, hoping I won't have to use it in the Sports Festival.

~Later That Night~

Katsuki and I were focusing on training without the use of Quirks tonight which meant doing some intense exercises. I was panting, I had just finished another mile but smiled when he handed me some water.

"So that fire today huh?" Katsuki brought up, making me roll my eyes, I knew he was going to ask me about it.

"I hate that part of my Quirk, everything around me gets burnt to a crisp" I tell him shrugging my shoulders.

"Well it looked pretty damn cool at the end with the ball of fire" He tells me, making me laugh.

"Come on lets do some hand on hand combat" I tell him getting in a fighting position.

"What? I'm not going to hit you" he said laughing like I was joking.

"Come on, I bet you can't even get a hit on me?" I challenged him making him smirk.

"Well you asked for it" he replied matching my fighting position.

I quickly punched my fist out but he blocked it and threw one at me but it was blocked as well. We continued on like this for a while until I finally got a blow into his side, making him back away a little. He smirked like he was planning something then came at me full speed making me scream a little when he tackled me to the ground.

"Katsuki!" I yell at him laughing, he laughed as well.

'Ah his cute laugh' I thought to myself as I blushed a little.

Katsuki was laying on top of me, both his hands on the sides by my head supporting him up. Once our laughing died down we laid there for a moment just looking into each others eyes. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as I thought about how close he was to me. Katsuki slowly was lowering his head so my lips were aligned with his. I could feel his breath on mine because of the close proximity. Right when I thought he was going to kiss me he pulls away and gets off me.

I lay there for a moment, dumbstruck at what had just almost happened. I pull myself off the ground now embarrassed. I wanted him to kiss me but he didn't want to. I felt hurt, and wanted to leave the situation.

"I'm going to get going" I say lowly gathering my things.

"Yeah see you later" he replied like he's deep in thought.

I walked home from the awkward situation, trying to think of what exactly was going through his mind.

~The day of the Sports Festival~

After the almost kiss, Katsuki and I were somewhat avoiding each other. I had been training with Izuku down by the beach for the last week since I hadn't hung out with him much. I had told Izuku about my parents and who they really were as well but it didn't seem to bothered by the fact that I was their daughter.

As we were waiting in a room, we all talked about the games and what they might be. The door opened and Iida came in. I stood next to Izuku.

"Everyone! Get your game faces on! We are entering the arena soon!" Iida told us.

"Midoriya" Todoroki said getting his attention, I watched the interaction.

"Hey Todoroki. What's up?" Izuku asked scared, everyone in the class now staring.

"From objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you" Todoroki said making my eyes go wide.

"Uh-Um, yeah" Izuku said agreeing making me even more surprised. This kid has the power of All Might and he still doesn't have courage.

"However, you've got All Might in your corner helping you out. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two, but know that I will beat you" Todoroki told him making people gasp.

"What the hell is with all these declarations of war lately?" I asked annoyed, Kirishima walked up to us.

"Yeah, what's the big deal? Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? And right before we get started..." Kirishima asked putting a hand on his shoulder but was only pushed off.

"We're not here to be each other's friends. Don't forget. This isn't a team effort" Todoroki said and started to walk away.

"Wait a sec, Todoroki, I don't know what's going through your head or why you think you need to tell me that you'll beat me. And yeah, of course you're better than me. In fact, you probably have more potential than anyone in the hero course, that's why you got in so easily" Izuku said but I interrupted.

"Izuku, maybe you're being a little hard on yourself, and us?" I told him.

"No, he's right, you guys. All the other courses, they're coming for us with everything they've got. We're all gonna have to fight to stand out" Izuku said making Todoroki and himself look each other in the eye " and I'll be aiming for the top two".

"Fine" Todoroki relied.

~

Class 1-A and I walked into the arena, the crowd cheered as Present Mic introduced us to everyone, Followed by the other courses.

"Now The introductory speech" Midnight, the R-Rated hero began talking making all the boys drool a little "Silence, everyone! And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugo".

All my classmates shocked at that decision. As Katsuki walked up the podium I watched intently wondering what he's gonna say.

"I just wanna say..." Katsuki began "I'm gonna win".

All my classmates freaked out but I laughed.

"Did you guys think he wouldn't say something like that?" I asked chuckling, boos started coming from all the other courses.

"Why would you be so disrespectful? You're representing all of us!" Iida asked making his hand gestures.

"Not my fault the rest of you were just stepping stones to my victory" Katsuki replied to us with a thumbs down, everyone still freaking out and then went to stand next to me.

"The first fateful game of the festival! What could it be? Ta-dah!" Midnight announces with a reader board above her. The first match said it was going to be an obstacle race.

As Midnight explained the rules I began to stretch wanting to get ready for a fight. As we took our places, I took a deep breath.

"BEGIN!" Midnight yelled and everyone began running, as everyone ran through the door way it was so narrow and crowded nobody could get through. Annoyed I pushed myself up using air and flew over the crowd as Todoroki then began to use his ice making everyone stuck. Almost all of class 1-A avoided it though.

I was running about twenty feet behind Todoroki when Mineta flew above me trying to throw one of his balls at him before getting smacked away but a huge metal robot. Todoroki and I stopped looking at the robots.

"It's those robots, from the entrance exam" Izuku said, I looked at the robots curious since I never had to fight them before.

Todoroki took quick action shooting his ice making a huge wall trapping the robots. He then took off going between their legs. I ran quickly after him realizing he froze them in an odd way making them start to fall, I forced a huge amount of air to keep them up and I easily slide threw before they collapsed. As I made it past the larger robots, I boasted myself up to Todoroki, Smirking at him.

"Gonna have to try harder to get rid of me Todoroki!" I yelled, he only smirked but kept running.

Now I can't use to much of my power now and exhaust myself. This is only the first round meaning I can't waste energy. I looked ahead trying to think of what was to come

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 46K 80
Y/N L/N, an insanely talented 15 year old girl with an incredible quirk. Accepted into UA High School, the best hero school in all of Japan with the...
292K 8.8K 39
The avatar has been forgotten. Who knows how long it's been since then. The world seems different now. People with quirks run the earth. Not tied to...
17.8K 933 82
Ikari Maindo was born to the most evil family on the planet. Being raised by villains altered her brain chemistry- leaving her cold and callous. All...
7.6M 217K 84
y/n helps her best friend, todoroki, get with his crush, momo. only to result in something bigger than expected. Her love life starts getting a littl...