Relentless (Jasper Hale) {UND...

By IThoughtUSaidWeast

Nixie Dovers was the flame that lit Jasper Hales fire. With one task in mind Nixie didn't expect to fall for... More

Hello(:
Tragedy Strikes
Into the Life of a Protector
I.O
I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
Hero Hair
"Sup Eddy"
The Cullens
What the Hell?
We All Have Our Secrets
"I'm Sorry"
Eddy to the Rescue
Protectors out of the Bag
His Salvation
Shark-bait Hoo Ha Ha
" I Didn't See Them"
Life With You
"I Told You So"
The Bee and Her Honey
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
New Moon
Happy Birthday Old Hag
Mending Broken Pieces
Hollow Eyes
"You're Pathetic"
The Pack
"Slowly Release the Clutch..." *CRASH*
Love Squares and Marshmallows
An Eye for an Eye
"Freaked Out Yet?"
"I'm Sorry I Failed You"
Visions
"You're a Real Piece of Work"
Let's Go Home
Bonus Chapter #3
Eclipse
Cast
Ice Cream Date
With Guilt Comes Pain
Unlikely Friendship
"Another Protection Detail?!"
"I Will Love You Forever"
A Decisions Been Made
"Your First Time?!"
Something Wicked This Way Comes
"It's Okay"
Love Will Remember You
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #5
**NOT AN UPDATE**
Breaking Dawn Part 1
God's Work
Flightless Bird
"Something's Wrong.."
The Impossible Becomes Possible
No Tears Left to Cry
You Are The Reason
Clock is Ticking
A Little Hope
Be Still My Beating Heart
"You Weren't Supposed to Leave Me"
Something I Want
Bonus Chapter #6
Bonus Chapter #7
Breaking Dawn Part 2
"I Did It"
Forgive Me
Witnesses
"Oh, Brother.."
Mommy Issues
Nixie-1, Fried Brain-1
Battle vs. War
"Just Say the Words..."
"Let's Get F*cking Married"
"You're My Home"
Bonus Chapter #8
Bonus Chapter #9
Alternate Ending
Book 2 of the Nixie Dovers Series

"How Could You?"

6.5K 194 36
By IThoughtUSaidWeast

"There's something about
a woman with a loud
mind that sits in silence,
smiling knowing she can
crush you with the
truth."
-r.g. moon

  Nixie's hand held Jasper's tightly, his cool fingers clasped with her warm ones helping keep her calm. She held her bottom lip between her teeth unable to contain all her excitement and bouncing in place while her mate stared at her in amusement.

  "What's got you so giddy" Jasper teased, smile widening at the wide eyed look she gave him.

  "Jas" she breathed, "I know this may sound bad but I've never felt so.... so free." She shook her head at his questioning look, "I love Bella but ever since our connection broke I haven't felt the impending danger every moment of the day while Bella spent time with Edward. There's no warning, no tingling, all I feel, is me." Her green eyes stared into his honey gold and she let out a happy sigh, "and you."

  Jasper didn't react at first, thoughts racing as he processed her words. He knew Nixie felt a connection with Bella, but he never considered the impact it actually had on her. It must've been hard, walking around while always feeling on edge because her protected spent every day with supernatural creatures causing the connection between the 2 to always go off. He gave Nixie a smile before leaning down and placing a kiss on the crown of her head.

  Nixie went to say something but footsteps approaching the back door alerting everyone of Edward and Bella's return.

  Jake came in first, the wolf instantly making his way over to his imprint and giving her a smile, the action eliciting a small coo from baby Renesmee.

  Nixie watched as Bella and Edward slowly crept into the room, Bella receiving many smiles and greetings from the vampires. Her red eyes traveled the room, pausing on her daughter for a second before landing on her former protector. Nixie didn't even have time to blink before she was lifted into Bella's almost crushing embrace.

  "Good God Bella" Nixie laughed as she hugged her back, "I'm not used to you not being so.. fragile."

  Bella laughed at her friend's statement before releasing her, she stared at Nixie before smiling, "thank you."

  Nixie shook her head at the sentiment, "don't thank me Bells, just go see your daughter."

  Bella's head snapped towards Rosalie who had just turned around, giving her a full view of her baby girl. Bella's face went slack as she was mesmerized by her beautiful child, gulping as she reached for her.

  Everyone watched as Renesmee settled in Bella's hold before reaching for her mother's face, her small hand resting against Bella's cheek as their memories flashed in front of them. "What was that" Bella gaped as the vision finally ended.

  "She showed you the first memory she has of you" Edward answered, amazement clearly still present in his tone.

  "Showed me? How?"

  Edward chuckled, "how do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future?" A smile formed on his face, "she's gifted."

  Bella cradled Renesmee in her arms, smile never dimming as the baby stared back. "I've only been out for 2 days?" She questioned, taking note to her daughters physical appearance.

  "Her growth rate is unprecedented" Carlisle informed the newborn, his mind racing with thoughts of the miracle baby.

  Nixie's eyes snapped to Jake as he took a step towards Bella, "all right. That's enough experimenting for one day."

  "Jake" Nixie hissed, her voice mingled with Edward's warning.

  "She's doing great" Edward stated, eyes hinting for the wolf to back off.

  "Yeah" Jake nodded, "let's not push it though." He went to reach for the baby but Bella avoided his reach.

  Nixie quickly took a step forward placing herself next to Bella and the baby as the newborn gave Jacob an angry glare.

  "What's your problem" Bella sneered, arm's instinctively shielding Renesmee from Jacob's grab.

  "Oh" Rose smirked, "do tell her, Jacob."

  "This should be good" Emmett chuckled causing Nixie to give him a look that clearly screamed, "oh shit."

  Nixie saw the look Bella was giving Jacob and quickly spoke, "ooo-kay!" She quickly tucked her hands under Renesmee's armpits and lifted the baby out of Bella's hold. "Dah!" She exclaimed, holding the baby away from her and quickly handing her off to Edward, "take this." As soon as Edward grabbed his daughter Jasper wrapped his arm around Nixie's shoulders and pulled her to him to watch the scene about to take place.

  "Bella" Jake started, sweat forming on his forehead at the look he was receiving. "Look, it's a wolf thing."

  Nixie cringed at the crack in his voice before digging her face into Jasper's chest to hide her chuckles.

  "What's a wolf thing" Bella growled, stepping towards the wolf and getting in his face.

  Jacob didn't respond right away, eyes trailing around the room afraid to look at her. "Umm. You know we have no control over it. We can't choose who it happens with." He could see the snarl forming on Bella's lips and spoke faster, "and it doesn't mean what you think, Bella. I promise."

  "Take Renesmee out of the room" Bella ordered, not caring who got her out as long as she wasn't anywhere near her during her angry state.

  "O-oh" Jake squeaked, eyes watching the door as his imprint was hurriedly rushed away by Rose before things got physical.

  Bella shrugged Edward's hand off before speaking, "Edward don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you."

  "Oh" Jake sighed, head dropping before Bella's hand latched onto the back of his neck and forced his hunched body outside.

  Nixie's chuckles escaped her as she watched Bella throw Jake outside.

  Bella stomped out right behind him, "you imprinted on my daughter?!"

  Jake stood from the place he was thrown and glared back at his friend, "it wasn't my choice!"

  "She's a baby" Bella snarled causing Nixie's to purse  her lips.

  "It's not like that" Jacob defended, eyes looking towards the vampires for a little help. "You think Edward would let me live if it was?"

  "I'm still debating" Edward retorted as he leaned against the railing.

  "Shut up Eddy" Nixie sighed, "you're being a drama queen." She narrowed her eyes at the look he gave her before sticking her tongue out.

  "I've held her once" Bella's voice rang again, "one time Jacob! And already you think that you have some moronic wolfy claim on her?" She took  a step towards the wolf, giving him a hard shove, "she's mine!"

  Nixie heard Edward let out a chuckle and glared at his back, she felt bad for Jake. He didn't choose to imprint on Renesmee and anyone with eyes could see just how much he already cared for the baby. She wanted to tell Bella to ease up, but she knew the newborns emotions were running wild and figured it'd be best to stay out of it and just see how things played out.

  Nixie's eyes traveled towards the woods where footsteps were making their way closer and she sighed as Seth and Leah came running into view.

  Jake's head looked to his pack members before assuring his angry beta, "it's fine, Leah."

  "You're gonna stay away from her" Bella ordered, eyes wild as she stared at Jake.

  "You know I can't do that" Jake responded causing Bella to punch him harshly in the chest and fling him back into the tree behind them.

  Seth and Leah both let out warming growls, backs hunching as Bella took another step towards Jake.

  "Stop her Edward" Esme hissed, eyes staring worriedly at the scene below them.

  "He said it's fine" Edward responded, "she's amazing right?"

  "Oh yeah" Nixie retorted, "she's gonna look real amazing with Leah's teeth latched onto her." She wasn't worried about Bella actually hurting Jake, she was worried about the other 2 wolves attempting to step in.

  Everyone got silent as Jacob slowly stood, "do you remember how much you wanted to be around me 3 days ago? That's gone now, right?" He was trying to calm Bella down before she attempted to rip his head off.

  "Long gone" Bella confirmed, eyes narrowed as she tried to figure out what he was getting at.

  "Because it was her" Jake answered, "from the beginning it was Nessie who wanted me there."

  "Oh Jacob, you idiot" Nixie whispered as she saw the dark look overtake Bella's features.

  "Nessie" Bella growled. "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness monster?"

  "Hey" Nixie whined causing Jasper to look over to her, "he's really not that bad! He just wants to be left alone."

  Jasper couldn't tell if she were joking or not but by the look on her face, she seemed a little too serious. "The Loch Nes-.. he stared at her before shaking his head, "I don't even know what's going on anymore."

  Their conversation was cut short as Bella lunged for Jacob causing Seth to jump forward at an attempt to protect his friend.

  They watched Bella toss the young wolf away from her, his body hurtling towards the trees.

  "Seth" Nixie gasped, throwing her hand up and watching as one of her portals formed between him and the tree.

  Seth's eyes widened as he flew right into the dark blue void, body twirling in the dark for only a second before he came out of another side falling right onto his sister.

  "Oops" Nixie cringed as the sandy colored wolf landed right on his older sister causing them both to fall. "My bad!"

  Leah shook off the slight pain in one of her paws and instead rubbed her head against Seth's to make sure he was okay. She snarled as Bella's red eyes looked towards them.

  "Seth, are you okay" Jake asked as he ran towards his pack.

  "Seth, I'm sorry" Bella apologized watching the wolf give her the side eye before leaning against his sister.

  "Bella" Jake sighed, tired of their argument. "You know me better than anyone. All I want is for Ness-

  "Mhmm" Nixie coughed cutting off his sentence.

  "Renesmee" Jake corrected, "to be safe. Happy. Look, nothing ever made sense before. You. Me. Any of it. And now I understand why. This was the reason."

  Bella stared at him before letting out a defeated sigh.

***

  "So I've been thinking" Nixie spoke, breaking the comfortable silence between her and her mate.

  "That's always dangerous" Jasper joked earning a small glare from the protectress.

  Nixie let out a chuckle at his words before sitting up from her lying position next to him, "I'm serious Jas."

  Jasper stared at her from his place on her bed, "what's on your mind darlin?"

  A goofy look overtook her face as the sentiment before she shook it away, "I know things have been...weird lately" she started, "but, with finishing up Bella and Edward's new place I thought, maybe you know, if you wanna, you don't have to, I just though-

  "Miss Phoenix, are you asking me to move in with you" Jasper finished for her trying to relieve her of her rambling. He could feel a smile forming at her bashful look.

  Nixie's cheeks were 3 different shades of pink and she finally spoke, "well I know we're not married yet, but I figured we could move in together before then ya know? Just to make sure this is what we're both committed to."

  "Nixie, I'm 100% committed to you" Jasper responded as he grabbed her hands in his. "But I would love to move in with you."

  "Well, I'm just saying what if you don't like the way I fold clothes? Or the way I make my bagels? We have to make sure we can live together before getting married Jas" Nixie stated as she watched his smile slowly get better. "What" she questioned, squinting at his look, "why are you looking at me like that?"

  "Because I love you" Jasper cooed, "Nixie, I don't care how you fold laundry or" he let out a light chuckle, "or how you make your bagels. I want to live with you, nothing in this world sounds better than being able to spend every day with you."

  "So that's a yes" Nixie guessed as she stood on her knees to meet his height. It only took one corner of his lips to lift before she let out a squeal and launched herself at him. The force sent both of them tumbling off the bed, but neither cared as they laughed together from their spots on the floor.

  Jasper stared at her from his spot, her mouth open mid laugh and eyes scrunched, his chuckles quieted as he watched her until her giggles were the only sound in the room. Her head turned to look at him and he was blinded, her green eyes shining as she looked at him, her hair sprawled across the floor underneath her. He sucked in a sharp breath as her lip lifted giving him a full view of her smile, the action causing him to blink a couple times before returning one of his own. "You're beautiful."

  Nixie let out a snort at his words before rolling off the floor and onto him, her face only centimeters from his. "You're sweet" she smiled, "but there's no time for flattery!"

  "Wh-.." before Jasper could finish his sentence a whooshing sound cut him off and he felt himself free falling. He let out a small *oof* when his back collided with a familiar mattress at his house and he gave Nixie a startled look.

  The protector let out a giggle at the look her fiancé was giving her before placing a kiss on his lips and rolling off him and the bed. "Well don't just lay there" she scolded, "we have people to tell and stuff to move!" The sound of laughter coming from outside let the couple know their family was returning from their hunt and Nixie giddily ran downstairs to greet them followed by a chuckling Jasper.

  Nixie had just reached the living room in time to see Rose taking Renesmee from Bella, the rest of the Cullens entering the house causing Jake to wake from his sleep.

  "Happy Birthday" Alice aimed towards the newest vampire.

  Bella gave everyone a dumbfounded look, "I stopped aging three days ago" she countered.

  "Well, we're celebrating anyway" Alice argued, "so suck it up." The small vampire looked towards Nixie causing the protectress to skip towards them until she reached Bella.

  Nixie held up her hand to Bella offering her a key which her friend slowly grabbed.

  "What's this" Bella asked, looking towards her smiling husband.

  "A surprise" Nixie answered, "Alice will show you." She gave Bella a quick hug before ushering the three out of the house and closing the door behind them. "Well, since Alice has that covered I think it's time to tell them our news, don't you Jas?"

  ***

  "Quickly" Nixie rushed, hurriedly boxing up Jasper's things from his room while he stared at her in amusement. "Jasper!"

  "What" he chuckled, reaching over to help her fit the last book from his book shelf into the cardboard box. "What's the hurry?"

  Nixie gave her mate a bemused look, shoving him out of he way before she began taping the box shut. "Alice will be here any minute Jas."

  "And" he quizzed, not understanding the point she was trying to make.

  Nixie grabbed them closest thing to her, which happened to be one of Jasper's pillows and chucked it at his head earning a surprise laugh. "Just hurry Jas-.."

  "NIXIE!!"

  Jasper quickly tossed the pillow down before giving his mate a wide eyed look, "what did you do?!"

  Nixie's mouth hung open as she stared at the door, she began tossing the boxes into the corner as fast as she could and covering them with one of the blankets by her. Right as she finished covering the last box the door was flung open and she stood up to face the intruder with a smile.

  "Hi Alice."

  Gold eyes narrowed at the protectress, Alice's lip lifting in a small snarl as she pointed at the protectress. "Don't you Hi Alice me!! How could you do this to me?! I thought we were friends!"

  Nixie's smile dropped and she gave her friend a pleading look, "we are friends Alice!"

  "Words" the vampire hissed back, "don't you love me anymore Nixie?"

  The protectress was trying to think of the safest route to go and upon seeing her mates clearly amused face, she smirked. Giving Alice a glance, Nixie pointed her finger in Jasper's direction, "it was his idea!"

  Alice's head snapped in her brothers direction, betrayal coating her features.

  Jasper's mouth dropped as his sister began marching in his direction, her finger jabbing into his chest as she spoke. "How could you possibly move out without telling me?! Who's gonna decorate the house! Who's gonna make sure you have everything you guys need! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!"

  Jasper shook his head as he stuttered out excuses, his eyes trailing to his mate who stood in the corner with his box of books. He went to speak but Nixie shot him a small wink before both her and the box disappeared.

  "I can't believe you Jasper! This is the ultimate betrayal!"

  Jasper's head dropped with a small groan, what a little sneak.

  "Do you even have enough underwear for every day of the week?!"

**I finally got around to editing!! ALSO GUYS just a warning, this book will not be completely compatible with the movie, I will be changing a few things but not enough to where it doesn't feel like Breaking Dawn anymore! Just small things to help the storyline connect to Nixie more and connections to the next story I'll be writing! Thank you for the comments and votes❤️**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 10.3K 16
"You Make Me Feel Alive." Twilight | Book 1
117K 2.6K 44
"Dreams of loneliness, Like a heartbeat, drives you mad In the stillness of remembering, what you had, And what you lost and what you had " * "You ma...
52.3K 1.7K 27
𝗙!𝗢𝗖 𝘅 𝗔𝗹𝗲𝗰 𝗩𝗼𝗹𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗶 Ellory Cullen is the youngest in the Cullen family, she had been turned by Carlisle upon her mother's request afte...
245K 5.4K 17
"For so long I wondered what love, then you showed me how to love unconditionally." Book 1 | New Moon