Between Ties

By kimmyxad

"Don't go inside! Stay!" She said, holding her hand up to show me her palm and then I leaned over the balcony... More

Prologue
1. Chang's Restaurant
2. Noisy Neighbor
3. Reintroduction
4. Answers
6. A Game Worth Playing
7. A Little Too Fast. A Little Too Quickly
8. New Man In Charge
9. Comfort Between Friends
10. I Got You
11. 0104
12. Goodnight Maverick
13. The Kiss of Death
14. Intruder
15. The Calm
16. Pillow Talk
17. Cough Up
18. The Return of The Emerald Dress
19. Blackout
20. The Soul Realm
21. Him and I
22. Long Overdue
23. Couple Stuff
24. Daddy's Home
25. Fallen Angel
26. Jack and Rose
27. The Secret Keepers Society
28. If Im Being Honest
29. Creep
30. Surprise Surprise
31. Gone
32. Let Me Save You
33. Daddy Issues
34. Everythings Fucked Up
35. New Plan, New Deals
36. Kanga-ROOK
37. It Wouldnt Be Nixon Without A Little Nixon
38. When Worlds Collide
39. Jackett
40. Roses Are Red
Epilogue

5. From Me To You

132 6 0
By kimmyxad

Rhyett's Point of View

He parked in front of my tall apartment building, the car came to a complete halt as he dropped me off from the sweetest date ever.

We had gone to a very empty, lowkey restaurant somewhere fancy. It was a night of good food, great conversation and we even slow danced in the middle of the floor as if we were in some romance movie. I truly felt like Bell from Beauty and the Beast. It was honestly perfect and Xander's a complete gentlemen, if I may add.

I've never met anyone as well mannered and put together as him. He was charming and like something out of a fairytale. He had a dashing smile and eyes like the a blue, calm, enticing ocean, with perfectly placed blonde hair and he was built like a soccer player.

I bit my lip nervously as I stared at him from the comfortable, heated passenger seat of his very nice sports car, I think it was a Porsche I don't really know cars, but it was nice.

He was nice and nothing like the boys from Cali. Very far from it.

"Well..." I said "this is me." I pointed my eyes at the building, smiling awkwardly and then he said "yeah it is." In a smooth tone.

"I had a good time." I nodded,

I wondered if he was going to kiss me and to be fair I was kind of waiting for it,

I mean the date was amazing, we connected, we flirted, we-

"Yeah me too. Don't forget the leftovers and your dessert." He said as if a light bulb went off in his head as he had remembered and then reached in the back for it to then place the takeaway boxes in my hand.

"Thanks." I smiled, waiting just a little longer, almost giving him an extended chance.

"Yeah, I'll see you at school? Tomorrow I'll get you if you cool with that?" He smirked, brushing his hand through his hair.

"Of course I am." I turned my body to open the door with my one hand, rolling my eyes at how nerve wrecking this was,

And then I climbed out of his car and shut the door as I was now standing in the cold night air, the coldness similar to the feeling of wondering if he didn't want to kiss me because he just didn't like me like that.

He then buzzed down his window and yelled "Do you want me to walk you up?" As I turned around and then I glanced at him, swallowing.

"Nah I'm good. I'm a big girl I'll see you in the morning." I smiled forcing myself to be flirtatious but I was actually confused as fuck "Goodnight Xander." I ended off and then blew him a kiss as I turned towards the front door of my building entrance just as a slight breeze had danced through my hair and then swam down the empty street to whip through the leaves, making me clutch my arms to create warmth.

I pulled out my phone after putting the takeaway boxes on the counter of the front desk as I was greeted by Ms Winkle, the woman who worked there.

"You okay Rhyett?" I heard her ask as I walked towards the elevator in a light daze and then I turned to say "yeah, boy drama but nothing big." I laughed snapping out of it and then I changed the subject.

"Hey, Ms Winkle...can I leave those boxes there, a friend of mine is going to come get it in a few. His names Maverick, hazel eyes, floppy dark hair, looks as if he hates the world." I shrugged laughing, "you'll know what I mean when you see him. He'll come around in probably ten minutes."

She chuckled listening to me, shaking her head at the teenage youth and then responded "No problem. I'll make sure he gets it." I smiled at her words and her kindness before walking off, just wanting to go to bed,

I need to rest, and more importantly I need to get out of these damn jeans.

I pressed the button after entering the elevator, and then unbuttoned the top button of my pants as I exhaled in bless from the pressure releasing while the lift carried me to the 7th floor and I then decided to wake Mav's up,

I had to,

A deal is a deal.

Maverick's Point of View

"Thank you." I texted her with the boxes in my hand, and then placed it onto my kitchen countertop before opening my fridge to grab a soda, whistling the song of a happy Maverick.

Tonight, we shall feast!

My phone vibrated on my countertop and then I shut my fridge door before leaning over to read it "no problem" she responded almost instantly and then I noticed her walk into her lounge as she noticed me,

We both waved.

I then grabbed my dessert box and a spoon before walking towards my balcony glass door in order to slide it open and let the night air in.

I probably should have put a shirt on, but I didn't expect it to be this cold, let's hope my sweatpants could keep me warm enough.

She was confused but did the same, stepping her way outside, bare foot wearing the silk shirt she had worn on her date, with no jeans. The shirt was long enough to cover her body but I could still see half of her thighs and her smooth legs.

"How was your date?" I asked and then stood by the ledge as she followed my movement.

I didn't have to scream at her, the road that separated our buildings was narrow and it was quiet at night so we could hear each other perfectly clear over the space that divided us.

"It was great actually." She admitted but didn't seem too excited when she had said that. I probably shouldn't ask why, so I chose to leave it alone.

"And the outfit?" I raised a brow and then her eyes lit up as she laughed "Yeah he actually said I looked beautiful, I think he really liked it." She smiled "thank you once again."

"It's a pleasure." I said genuinely and then opened the box and yelled "you're fucking joking! This is exactly what I asked you to get! I can't believe you got this for me and you didn't even take a bite out of it!" I was shocked because if it was me I would have definitely taken a bite out of it. I wouldn't be able to resist.

I shoved the whole thing in my mouth, realizing that the spoon I had brought along was for nothing.

"You're a animal!" She laughed and then I almost burst out in laughter but I had held it back so that I didn't have food flying everywhere.

"In the sack?" I spoke with my mouth full and then swallowed "I've been told." I said playfully as I still had dessert in the corners of my mouth and then she rolled her eyes smiling, as I wiped it away.

"Oh, shut up!" She joked.

"Did you kiss?" I asked with a cocky grin on my face and then leaned on the balcony with my arms, pushing myself forward interested to know, like I was apart of her little girl group who was dying to know the juicy details.

I was mostly messing but yeah, I am a little nosey.

"Don't even remind me!" She said inhaling deeply and then exhaled "we didn't kiss! But I wanted to! I mean the date was going so well, we were alone in the restaurant, the music played, we danced, we talked about life and we enjoyed great food. We flirted and it was a fucking good date! But then in the car when he had dropped me off he didn't even try to kiss me, he practically just let me go!?"

She was obviously overthinking shit.

"Did I do something wrong?" She was confused "why didn't he kiss me, the date was so great. I thought he liked me."

"Calm down eager beaver," I laughed under my breathe at how dramatic she was "one question..." I paused "the restaurant, was it the one with fancy artwork on the walls and kinda rustic looking?"

She narrowed her eyes "yeeeaaah." She hesitated to say.

"That's the hottest spot right now in New York. Always fully booked, you literally have to make reservations months prior." I said and then she still looked confused.

"He rented out a restaurant for you." I stared at her dead in the eye as she cup her mouth with her hand, taken back what I had just said.

"I'm pretty sure homeboy likes you. Stop tripping." I shrugged "look, he probably didn't kiss you because, that's just not how Xander is, his not the type to kiss in a car. He'll probably do it some place nice and definitely not on the first date." I said trying to reassure her.

"He's everything I'm not." I laughed because I would definitely kiss on the first date, maybe a little more than that too.

"But all jokes aside," I added "he likes you, stop tripping. I really think that-"

"Maverick"
I heard a stern blunt knock on my front door followed by hearing my name in a faint voice that sounded familiar but also didn't and then I quickly looked back into my apartment curiously, cutting off my own sentence midway and then I looked back at Rhy before saying,

"Someone's at my door." In a cautiously tone not expecting any visits at 12am, "Sorry to disrupt our conversation, Ima sort this out then I'll be back shortly." I said and then she smiled.

"Okay." She paused "I'll be here." She walked off heading back into her apartment as she pulled her long hair up to tie it into a messy bun on the top of her head.

Rhyett's Point Of View

Okay, this was getting a little too much now.

Did she just shove him on the couch, I mean what was going on. I shouldn't be watching but I kinda couldn't stop looking.

Her dark long hair rested on her back as she then climbed on top of him, he sat on the couch topless, with all his muscles on display as Beth rested her hands on his shoulder and then went in for a sloppy wet kiss.

Rhy, look away. I thought as I stood in my kitchen giving me a view of his lounge, but I slightly hid myself because I guess it was kinda weird to be staring at them but it happened so fast and I was just confused one minute we were talking and the next Beth shows up and now they're about to have sex.

he literally opened his front door and she jumped into his arms vulgarly and started to kiss him, it was a surprise and totally came out of nowhere I could tell that he was shocked too.

Oh my god, what are they doing now. I should stop watching.

She pulled off her t-shirt to reveal a sexy red lace bra and then he began to kiss her neck trailing his lips down to her chest.

Okay, I'm leaving. I can't see this. I'm going. I'm done. I'm going to bed.

I felt a rush of awkwardness spread over me as I picked up my water bottle and then walked into my lounge and at this point her lips had been in his neck and then I saw him twist it as his eyes had caught mine and boy was it,

Awkward...and weird as fuck,

I buried my lips into my mouth as I made my eyes big and then glanced already awkwardly as I said "yeah okay." To myself as she noticed him looking to the side and then grabbed his face to pull it back to focusing on her but his eyes still tried to see me and then she followed what he was looking at and caught me about to walk into my bedroom.

"Rhy!" She laughed and then got off from him and ran towards the balcony door as I had no choice but to converse with her.

This is just great!

I was dreading this.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, Maverick never closes his blinds. He likes the sun...but oh my god! I'm embarrassed!"

"Hey Beth, no! No need to be! I was just about to go to bed!"

"Oh my god! how was your date?"

"It was good, I just got home actually but...I'm going to bed." I said still feeling awkward and then she laughed,

"Bed?" She turned around to face Maverick "bed does sound good doesn't it?"

"Whatever you want." He shrugged and then she twisted to see me "Well, Goodnight Rhy!" She said cheerfully and then quickly went inside and shut his blinds.

I breathed in for a moment and then tried to shake off what I had just seen,

But who am I kidding I'm officially scarred for life

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113 6 9
It was never clearly abuse but it was never clearly not either. --------------------------- Water cascaded over my back as I hid in the shower. I...
12K 317 34
Matilda Huston is a 25 years old woman with a painful past, living alone and escaping from her abusive past. She moved to Canada a few months back an...
1K 302 26
She looks...there are no words. Her clothe-less body lays stiff on a metal slab, and her head moving back and forth. I could stare at this all day, b...
80.7K 1K 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...