One in a Million

By celestinegabrielle

She's an author engaged to a business-minded guy, a man who never paid attention to her. She wasn't happy, sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Finale
Bonus
🌟
Coming Soon
New Story Publish

Chapter 30

5.1K 155 19
By celestinegabrielle

[Lisa's POV]

We are here now in the hospital. Jennie's still unconscious and Leo is still not found. Jisoo and Rosé are still in the mall trying to find Leo. We also already reported it to the policemen.

"Your wife is under so much stress. She's pregnant. It is very dangerous for her to encounter such. But she's already okay. We'll just have to be more careful in her condition now. Luckily, she just encountered bleeding but the baby is safe" the doctor said.

It was a relief for me knowing that Jennie and our baby is safe. But I still can't keep completely calm knowing that we haven't found Leo yet.

God, please don't let anything bad happen to Leo.

I silently cried myself in the corner of the room. Then, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hello there, Lisa?" The man from the other line said.

That voice, holy shit!!

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO LEO?! WHERE IS MY SON?! YOU'RE SUCH A DEMON!! GIVE ME BACK MY SON!!" I yelled over the phone. Luckily, Jennie wasn't awaken. But I don't mind any of it now. This man is really getting into my nerves.

"What? What are you saying? Leo? What happened to Leo? Happened to my grandson?!" He asked. He's voice are getting frustratedly worried.

"Don't act a fool! You get him! You get my son!!" I yelled more.

"Seriously, Lisa. I know how much you hate me right now but I would never do that to you, never to my grandson!" He tried to explain but I didn't believe him. "I-I'll go and find him. I promise I will return him to you" he continued before hanging up the phone.

If he isn't with my dad. Then who captured Leo?

"Leo? Leo?" I heard Jennie said. She's already awake. Luckily she did not hear what my father and I talked over the phone.

"J-Jennie, please keep calm. We're still looking for Leo" I said to her, scared and terrified on how it will affect her. Will it affect her and our baby more?

"Jisoo and Rosé are still in mall looking for him. Your mom and dad are also looking for him. Mom and Marco are reporting it to the policemen.... and ... and dad too is looking for him" I said to her. Making the last part almost a whisper.

"Your dad?" She asked. Though her face still looked annoyed on me, at least I'm happy that she's more casual to me than before she passed out.

"Y-yea... I hate to admit it, I hate him. But he called- at first I thought it was him who took Leo. But he isn't. He said he'll find Leo. I hate to admit it but I know he has connections. And he can easily track our son. I hate to get a help from him but if it's for Leo, I'll do whatever it takes" I explained. Eyes teary.

My dad has comnections with him. He's been part of a big Mafia group - that's what I heard about him from other people. But some say he's living a low profile now, tho, he still has huge connections. I just hope that he can find Leo for now. The rest of our story can be dealt with after.

*Phone rings*

An unknown number again.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Lalisa Manoban?" The woman said.

"Y-yes.. It's me---"

"Are you the parent of Leo Jensen Manoban?" She asked.

My face suddenly brighten up, is this a good news already?

"Y-YES! DO YOU KNOW WHERE IS HE? PLEASE, PLEASE RETURN HIM TO US" I said desperately.

"Yes, I found him outside the mall. He said he was following a woman and a kid named Lincoln but they didn't notice him. Then, we found him crying and he said he doesn't know how to return to you. Luckily,we made him remember your name and he said that you are a great doctor so we tried to track your number through the internet. Thank God that you are well-known. He's with us. We can return him to you" the woman explained.

Finally, I felt a huge relief. Leo's safe.

"T-thank you! Where are you? We'll go there. Please. Thank you so much"

"I will send you the address" the woman said.

"Who was that? Do they know where Leo is?" Jennie asked as soon as I hang up the call.

"Y-yes. They sent me the address. I'll go get him. You just take a rest here, okay?" I said and kissed her in forehead.

"Lisa, I want to come with you." She said with a worried face.

"But, Jennie---"

"Please? He's my son too. You cannot avoid me from getting worried" she said sadly and I cannot argue anymore.

"Okay, we'll settle the bill immediately and take you out of here. I'll leave you my phone so you can contact the woman who found him okay? Don't think to much. He's fine" I said assuring her.

I immediately settled the hospital bills. The doctors are hesistant to let Jennie be discharged so suddenly but I insisted and assured them Jennie's safety since I am a doctor too. Luckily they let me after hearing that I can assure her safety.

We immediately went to the address sent to us by the woman. We also called our friends that were looking for him and also our parents. We even sent them the address given to us and asked them to let a some group of policemen to follow us just in case of emergency.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

And that was it. The relief I've been longing for the past few hours. Hearing Leo calling us again. Seeing him completely safe and sound. It's more than enough for us.

"Leo!" We welcomed him, running as we get off the car.

"Mommy, daddy... I'm so sorry. I know I upset you and made you worry but I was too scared. I'm really sorry mommy and daddy. Forgive me please" Leo cried. He's sobbing so hard and it makes our hearts swell seeing him look scared and worried at the same time. Afraid of us for getting mad at him.

I can't blame him. He's just a kid and he barely sees kids that he can befriend. That moment that Diana and her son walked away made us focus more on the kid. We totally neglected Leo that time and it's frustrating for our part as his parents.

"No, no... don't cry Leo. Don't be scared. Mommy and Daddy are not mad at you. Okay? We're just so worried. If there's anyone we should blame here, it is us. Okay? Don't cry baby. Please?" Jennie comforted our sobbing kid.

There's a very rare time that we see him cry badly. It's when he's done so wrong or when he's scared as hell. And this time it is both.

"Hey little buddy. Don't cry, okay? We're not mad and we are happy to see you safe and sound. And we're also proud to know that you we're able to recall my full name and tell the people who found you that they can track my contact information online. That's just a good job. You're so brave and intelligent, buddy" I tried to sound cheerful as I talk to him.

His face lit up immediately as soon as he heard those. Jennie smiled too after seeing his face brighten up.

"I love you mommy and daddy!!" He squealed and hugged us tightly with his small arms spread out widely.

I can see how Jennie giggled at the sudden action from our son. I'm glad she's fine now, out of stress and worriness from missing Leo.

"He's really your buddy, Lisa" she said nonchalantly. I'm happy that she's starting to talk to me again but, 'Lisa' she just called me Lisa again instead of honey, baby, love or what so ever endearment that we have.

"Honey, I'm sorry... please? Have you forgiven me?" I asked solely.

"Let's talk about it later, Lisa. Let's take Leo out of it. And just take this time comforting him so he won't be traumatized" she replied coldly. I guess she haven't forgiven me yet.

And Jisoos, that kid is not my son! Please,Jennie I hope you will believe me soon.

We thanked the woman that found Leo and even offered her to at least have a dinner with us just to thank her for keeping Leo safe but she refused it and said that it was really the right thing to do and we shouldn't worry about it.

We got home immediately after it. The whole ride was so quiet, actually. Jennie not saying a thing and Leo being sleepy head throughout the whole ride.

"Lisa, Jennie... How's Leo?" Jennie's mom asked immediately upon seeing us.

"He's fine mom. He's safe and sound" Jennie answered.

Everyone sighed a relief upon hearing the news. Actually, our friends and family are all here is our house today. Even Jackson is here.

"What really happened, Jennie and Lisa?" It is actually disappointing that you almost lost Leo. I think that will not happen without a deep reason" Jennie's mom asked.

Then Jennie looked at me, not a mad look, but a worriedly questioning look. I know that look- she's being cautious if she should tell everyone. Afterall, she's still caring of how would I feel. If ever I'll feel bad if everyone would know about Diana and Lincoln.

"Eomma, I think we'll just keep this between me and Lisa" she answered calmly before looking back at me.

"No, Jennie. I don't want your parents think that I'm doing things against their will. I promised them that I will never hurt you. We just got married yesterday and I wouldn't dare breaking that promise..." I said. But honestly, I'm so scared of how will they react after this. And even I, I don't know how would I react on this either. "It is my fault, I guess.... this morning, Leo met a kid. He's Lincoln. He's cute -has big doe eyes, long legs, plump lips..."

"Did you just describe Leo?" Jackson asked eyeing my son who's peacefully sleeping in my arms.

"No --- that's Lincoln, Lincoln Manoban" I said and it actually earned a gasp from everyone. My mom even looked mad as well as how Mr. Kim looked at me.

"Lisa, are you telling us he is your son too?" Mom asked warily.

"I don't know mom. When I look at him, it's like I see myself. But I don't remember making another woman pregnant" I said.

"Who's the mother?" Jisoo asked.

"It'a Diana, Diana Flipo" I replied.

"Jisoos, DIANA?! Lis, this is trouble!!" Chaeyoung said, frustrated.

"What? So you know her Rosie?" Jennie asked. I know ot makes her madly worried that all our suspicions are true.

"Of course I know her, Lisa know her too...She's my friend, a french supermodel" Rosie said.

**Flashback**

"Hello, Chaeyoung?" I uttered when the person answered my call after 2 rings.

"Hey Lis, what's up?"

"Let's go get wasted. Pick you up at 10 tonight?"

"Yea, sure... I would also like you to meet my friend, Diana"

***

"So who is she?!" Jennie cussed in frustration.

"She's my friend who had a huge crush on Lisa, who tried to fuck with Lisa" Rosie said. Honestly, I don't know what to say. It's like if I utter a word, then Jennie would literally choke me to death.

"Tried to fuck with Lisa?!"

"Yea. Just tried... Lisa was so drunk that night. Diana tried to fuck with her but Lisa pushed her too hard in the bar saying that she wasn't you and she'll never fuck her" Rosie explained. Really? Did that happen? I know I'm so messed up that night but at least I did something good.

"Really?" Jennie's voice soften.

"Yea... so you have nothing to worry about that kid. He's not Lisa's" Rosie said and I felt so much relief that I even mouthed 'thank you' to Rosie.

"Then why is he a Manoban? Why does he look exactly like Lisa? Why is the girl terrified when she saw Lisa?" Jennie questioned continuosly. Actually her questions are the same as mine.

"He's Lisa's brother" mom uttered making all of us shocked.

"M-my brother?" I asked stuttering at the thought of it.

"Yes... I don't know Diana. But some news came to me that Landon - Lisa's father- got married to a new girl other than the woman he chose over me. They said it was a french supermodel and I guess that is Diana. Some news also said that he had a child with her which I think is that Lincoln" mom explained.

Whoa. So this is why that kid literally looks like me? He's my brother? Geez, my dad is too old for Diana! How could he marry a woman same age as me?!

[Third Person's POV]

As soon as the woman took Leo back to Lisa and Jennie safely, she immediately grabbed her phone and called someone.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Boss, the kid is already returned to his parents. Safe and sound" she said.

"Okay, that is good. Thank you. I will send the money to your account immediately" the man from the other line said.

"Uhhh-- boss, I hope you wouldn't mind if I ask. But,why did you have to hide this from your daughter? I mean, you found her son and it was already your chance to get closer to her if you will personally return her son to her. Why do you have to hide from a far when she and her wife picked him up here?" She questioned her boss continuously.

"You know, I did a lot on her. I know how much I hurt her before when I left them. I regret everything. And now, my daughter is so livid of me. If I will personally return Leo to her, she will think that I planned it or that I am the one who took him. I don't want to make my image on her get any worse. Especially now that they met Lincoln. I know sooner or later she'll know that Lincoln is her brother.... and that would just disgust her, because I married a woman just the same age as her" the man explained. He's voice started cracking as if her will just burst into tears.

"But, you only have a very limited time to get in-touch with your daughter again..."

"I guess I'll just die being the father she hated the most" he said before hanging up the call.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 250 16
" Till death do us part.." (Y/n) is still not over the death of her husband, Shoto Todoroki. How will she react seeing her husband, whom died two yea...
460K 12.4K 36
Midoriya gets hit by an unknown quirk (are we sure he doesn't have a bad luck quirk?) and when they ask the person who did it, our hero finds out he'...