One in a Million

By celestinegabrielle

She's an author engaged to a business-minded guy, a man who never paid attention to her. She wasn't happy, sh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Finale
Bonus
🌟
Coming Soon
New Story Publish

Chapter 21

7.3K 179 62
By celestinegabrielle

[Jennie's POV]

"Have you already told Lisa?" Jisoo asks. Right now we are here in our house with Irene and Seulgi. It's their freaking day off but Lisa's at work. You know, doctor's duties.

This is why I never wanted to be a doctor. Not that I don't think that it is a good profession but I always liked to make a good time for myself and now, for my growing family.

"Tell her what?" I asked in confussion.

"About your family... I remember her getting confused when you told her you're gonna introduce her to your family. Remember? You told Leslie that your mom died?" Jisoo answered reminding me of the time when we had an argument about her telling me that I never knew how it felt to lose a family. It somehow reminded me of the pain of my mom's memory.

"I haven't told her yet. We haven't talked about it. She never asked and I never opened up" I answered in a calm tone but honestly, I felt bad. It's like I'm hiding something from her. Not that it's a big deal or what. But she's already a huge part of me now and her knowing more about me and my complicated situation in our family is something I should've told her already. Now, in this phase of our relationship.

"She never asked because she's waiting for you. She's waiting for you to be ready but she's already confused" Jisoo answered making me furrow my brows.

"And how did you know about that?"I asked.

"Duuh? Rosé told me. She said Lisa is always in her office whenever she doesn't have a patient and keeps on asking. Jackson even said he recommended Lisa to hire someone to background check on you but Lisa refused. She said it is so unnecessary and it's not like you're hiding some criminally insane things from her" Jisoo explained making me shock.

"Oh my God.." is all I can say. I promise I will tell her when I got the right timing, when I'm finally ready to open again the closed part of me. When I'm finally healed.

"Don't worry, Jen. You don't have to worry. Lisa is such a good person and she knows how to handle things. Just don't make things rough between you just because of this" Jisoo added while tapping my shoulder.

"Jisooyahh! You're stressing Jennie. How about we go to the mall? Buy more baby stuff?" Irene said making us divert our attention to her.

"Sounds good" Seulgi answered.

"Sounds good if you'll be the one to pay" Jisoo said crossing her arms above her chest.

"No worries, chicken. As long as Jennie would feel happy. And this is for our soon to be playmate too" Seulgi answered making us giggle at the thought.

As soon as we are all ready to go to the mall, I grabbed my phone from my bag and dialed Lisa's number.

"No answer?" Irene asked after noticing how long I have been trying to call her.

"Yea. Probably busy" I said while putting my phone back to my bag.

"You know doctors" Irene responded.
.
.
.

We got to the mall in no time. One reason: because Jisoo is a hell of a crazy driver. This is why Lisa never wanted me to ride with her as much as possible.

"Let's go to the Baby's stuff! I'm so excited for this. Especially now that we already know the gender" Jisoo and Seulgi squeeled and left me with Irene while they went fast to the shop.

"I wish Seulgi is also up for having our family now" Irene uttered making me look at her. "She never opened up to me about having a family. I wish she would be like Lisa at times. We've been together for too long but never entered a conversation of having our own family".

"You know what, I also did not expect Lisa for this kind of thing. Knowing her, being the dork she is and most of the time childish. I honestly thought she would run away first thing when I was about to tell her I'm pregnant but turns out like she's more excited about it than me. You know, sometimes they just don't talk about it but they want it" I answered Irene making her nod understandingly.

"You're so lucky about having her though. The last time we met she was really into you as I look at it. And even her ex is around, she managed to keep it tight with you. You know, if you get what I mean, most of them can't hold into place when an ex lover is around. But she is so calm and I can see that she's really inlove with you" Irene said making me smile in realization.

She's right, nothing that Lisa did hurt me... or at least hurt me on purpose, I must say... she always keep it tight and right. She's always afraid of me getting hurt and I can't be more grateful of having the father of my child be someone like her.

"... or not" Irene added making me furrow my brows as I look at her.

"What?" I asked out of confussion.

"Hey, uhhh... Jendeukie, let's go this way" and that's when I realized Jisoo and Seulgi are back. And what's weird? They seem to hide something from me. Something I think they are avoiding for me to see or know. What the actual fuck it is?

"Jisoo? The baby shop is there. Why would I go to that direction?" I asked pointing to the direction opposite to the baby shop we're originally heading to.

"Uhhh... they said there are more good finds over there" Jisoo answered making me more confused. Why? Hello? She's pointing a hardware shop. What could I find there?

"What? You're weird... what are you---" and there it is, the reason why they are pushing me away from this direction.

It's Lisa... with a girl across the table of a resto.

"What the actual fuck?!" I cussed in frustration as I marched to where they are.

"Jen, stop!" The three of them stopped me but I was in enraged to fist fight them just to be able to get to where Lisa is and that fucking girl she's talking to.

"Shit! Jen. Don't fight back. It might hurt the baby" Irene said stopping me from fighting Jisoo and Seulgi.

"What do you want me to do?! Stand here? Get a pop corn and watch my baby's dad flirting with another girl?!" I said bursting into tears.

"Geez, Jen. It's not that we caught her making out with the girl. Think we should approach them calmly? Lisa might have a good reason for doing this" Seulgi explained.

"What the fuck is that freaking good reason?! Is this why she's not picking my calls?!"

[Lisa's POV]

It was 3:00 PM when I got out from my shift. Normally, I will call Jennie and tell her I'm coming home but today I thought of going to the mall and buy her the Thai noodles she always always loved. And of course, I bought some baby stuff for our Leo - yes, he already has a name which I just thought few minutes ago.

"Hey chipmunk? If Jennie calls, please tell her I have a patient. I'm here in the mall buying her some foods she love and some baby stuff for my buddy" I called Rosé as I know Jennie would be calling anytime soon to check on me.

"Good afternoon, may I have your order please?" The service crew said and I immediately gave her my order.

"Thank you, please patiently wait while we are preparing your food" the service crew added after I paid the bill.

"Lisa?" I heard a familiar voice. The voice I always hear before.

"Chaeyoung?" I was shocked when I saw her. She really is here in Seoul. Well, not that I'm surprised because she really is a Korean too. It's just that I did not expect her so much to be around especially that she loved staying in Australia when we were still schooling back then with Rosé.

"Yup. So nice to see you. Heard you were here so I decided to come back" Chaeyoung said as she gestured me to take a seat on one of the nearby dining set of the resto.

"Y-yea... I'm here" I managed to say with confusion. What does she meant when she said she decided to come here because I'm here?

"What brings you to Seoul?" She asked smiling as if she's assuming I'm up for her.

"Uhhh... you know, family matters" I replied showing her the bag full of baby stuff.

And suddenly, her expression changed.

As if she was shocked.

As if she was hurt.

"So...." she replied not knowing what to say.

"Yea..." I answered knowingly without waiting for her to complete what she has to say.

"Baby stuff? Didn't know you're going to be a father of a kid" she said while chuckling sarcastically.

"Yea... I honestly did not expect this too. This early. But I was delighted to know I'm becoming a daddy of a little man" I said while giggling on the thought of our first born.

"Okay..." she chuckled more, "So tell me where did you meet the mother? From a random hookup if I'm not mistaken?" She laughed mockingly making me ignite in anger.

"Nope..." I answered her straight, ready to defend my Jennie. "My little man is never a product of a random hookup nor an accident of bumping into a pussy" I continued with a straight face making her lose her composure as if she's nervous of hearing the next things I'm about to say.

"The mother --- is someone I really love. The woman I cared the most other than my mom. And she's not a whore like what you were thinking." I said making her blood drain from all over her whole face.

"But I am your first love, right?" She asked me in a desperate tone. As if she's expecting me to love her again.

"Yes..." I answered and that's when I saw a relief in her expression.

"And how about her?" She asked again.

"You mean, Jennie? Jennie Kim?...... She, she's my one true love" I answered making her stop. "THE Jennie Kim--- she's not just the mother of my child. She - she's the woman who changed my whole life. Made me the person I am now. The person who helped me be better. And I love her more than the words can say and I wouldn't trade Jennie and our son for the world" I finished making her shut.

"I can't believe you, Lisa" she murmured.

"Can't believe Lisa? Why?" I flinched as I heard that sound of a voice. I can't be mistaken---

"Jennie?!" I said in horror. Jisoos, how in the fucking world did she know about this whole accidental meet-my-ex thing?

Damn, Manoban you should start buying tent now. Someone's gonna camp outside tonight.

"Surprise!" Jennie said in the most most sarcastic way that it could terrify even the cold bodied dead people underneath the ground.

I'm already sweating monstrously. Not that it is hot here but rather that I'm getting burned under the gaze of Jennie.

"Jen, oh my God... it's not what you think it is" I said trying to explain.

"So, she's Jennie? THE Jennie Kim? The mother?" Chaeyoung asked making me worry that it might get things worst.

"Jisoos, Chaeyoung... stop, please let me handle this" I said as I try to stop them from starting an argument. I don't even know what to do.

"Oh, so this is Chaeyoung? THE EX?" Jennie asked emphasizing the ex thing.

"Jennie, baby... please? Let me explain. It's not that I'm cheating on you" I managed to say even though I'm dying as hell under her deathly stares.

"So you are... Now I see why Lisa is head over heels for you. Nice to meet you, Jennie. You have a very good father of your child here. She's really proud of the two of you. Don't worry, you have nothing to be worried for.... Lisa, Lisa told me how much she loves you and your baby. I can't even imagine her be-father a child but there you are, bringing her the change I wasn't able to put up on her. Lucky you, you're the one true love. Honestly, I returned here in Seoul when I knew Lisa was here. Honestly, I was hoping to win her back... but after I saw how Lisa looks at you, the way she never looked at me like that. The way she tells me in the face of how much she loves you, she never told me that. The way she protects your relationship against me, it's something i cannot ruin. I cannot ruin a family that is growing at heart. And I see that on how Lisa takes care of you. You're lucky, Jennie...... Excuse me, I have to go." And Chaeyoung left us in a swift. Jennie remained silently seated beside me.

"Are you mad?" I asked worrying that this somehow affects her.

"Nope..." she answered calmly which is obviously a relief for me.

And I just nodded. Not knowing what to say or what to ask. Afraid that I might move a plate inside her that would start another argument.

"I'm sorry" she uttered.

"Sorry? For what honey?" I asked in confussion. Hell? She did not even do anything wrong.

"I thought you were cheating on me that's why I barged in. I'm so sorry, Lisa. I should've trusted you more... No, it's not that I don't trust you. I was just scared that you might realize that you still love her more than you love. I'm scared for the growing baby bump in me that he might grow up without you. I'm scared that maybe suddenly you'll come back to her because I know she's been a huge part of your life" she explained and I understood it immediately.

Although she doesn't know the whole story between me and Chaeyoung, Jennie knew she's been a huge part of me in the past.

However, things change. Nothing is consistent until I met her. She should know.

I'm never gonna do anything stupid that would take her and our son away from me. Maybe it was the old me, but not for who I am right now. When I already felt how it is like to live a life in full content.

"I'm not gonna blame you. It's not that there's still something that you should be worried about me and Chaeyoung. I'm not gonna blame you for worrying about our baby and his future. I knew how it is like to grow up with your father running away with another woman. It hurts. It hurts like fuck... but I'm not gonna be like him. I will always and forever stay with you. You are my family now, my life and my everything" I said sincerely.

And blessed me, she smiled again. The smile I always always love. The smile that only Jennie Kim can do that could ignite everything in me.

"I love how sweet you are to each other but oh my gosh, don't make me envy you! Let's just go shopping for baby boy" Jisoo suddenly interrupted which made us laugh.

"Yea, yea... but I already bought some stuff for baby Leo" I said showing them the shopping bags full of baby things.

"Baby Leo?" Jennie asked furrowing her brows.

"Uhh...." I don't know what to say, isn't it sounding good? I mean, I'm Lisa so my son is Leo. That's cute huh?

"I think...."

"Uhmmmm, we can change that honey. If you don't like the ---"

"I think I like that" Jennie squeeled and I was in relief. "But how about adding him with a name starting with J? I mean, I'm his mom so he should also get my initial" she argued cutely.

"Hmmmm... Let's think of a name with a J" I winked in agreement.

***

Any suggestion for baby Leo's second name? It should be starting with a "J" 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 5.4K 10
[COMPLETED] Jennie Kim, a famous singer from South Korea goes on a private cruise to one of the most exotic island of Thailand, things don't go as pl...
142K 4.7K 35
It's been twenty-one years since Jennie let Lisa sit down at her table, twenty since Lisa had almost died, and fourteen since the birth of their seco...
60.7K 1.7K 41
Continuing episode 26 of RTTE! The dragon is gone and Hiccup is determined to get it back. No matter what it takes.
111K 2.5K 51
Alissa Iris De León the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...