Rain

By mistybooklover

Emily knew all the little tidbits that made him so obviously Mark Sloan. She knew he was allergic to coconuts... More

Initiation
Noah
Dead Baby Bike Race
Brother Dearest
Boys Are Stupid
Sticking together
Christmas
Bar Talk
Code Black
Mark Sloan
Text Me
Routine
Her Prince and the Ball
No one's loved me like that
Do Better
Blueberry Scones
Trust
Apologies
Angel
Qualified
Promise
Forbidden
Crash into me
Recovery
I want you
The Return
The Decision
Family
Mass Gen
Mrs Shepherd
We arent all alone in the dark
Shadows
The perfect day
A light in the dark
The building collapse
Aftermath
Mercy West
I saw what I saw
Camping
The box
The Letter
Sloan Riley
Break up
Chickenpox
Valentines Day
Consequences
Avery
House party
Scrubcaps
Change
Three kids and a cat
Happiness
Aria
First Years
Finding a way
It's how we operate
Song beneath the song
Welcome to the family
Maternity leave
Richard
Andrew
Revelations
Trying to get back to that moment
Secrets over coffee
Midnight
(S)he's good to you

Dr Montgomery-Shepherd

6K 149 7
By mistybooklover

"If I stuck this fork into his thigh, would I get in trouble?"

"Not if you make it look like an accident." Meredith grinned as Emily and George walked up to their table.

"Hey," they greeted as their interns chorused their own greetings. Emily sat down next to Meredith and Izzie, picking up a fry, "Heard you got in on the tumor removal," she addressed Cristina.

"Yeah," Cristina affirmed as George stole a chair from another table.

"Thank God, man. I'm drowning in estrogen here," Alex muttered as George saw Meredith's downcast face. Asking if everything was okay, he sat down. Emily grinned at the brunet's concern, sharing a look with Izzie.

"Shepherd's a jackass,"

"Got him there," Emily laughed, popping another fry into her mouth. The other interns stared at her, and she realized her slip up, "What? It's true."

"Really? I think he's kind of great," Izzie opined, chewing. She smiled at the thought of the neurosurgeon.

"He reamed her out in front of Bailey," Cristina told them, pointing a lazy finger at Meredith.

"Why?"

"'Cause he's a jackass."

"Oh." George threw his tray onto the trash, letting it clatter as he faced the table again, "Well, bad days are... bad. Maybe tonight, uh, if, you know, if you drink alcohol, I mean," He stuttered. Emily sighed at his nerves, taking a drink through her straw. Alex rubbed his cheek, leaning back at the brunet's nervousness. Meredith stared, but no emotion showed through her green eyes. "We could - all of us, I mean, go out and drink alcohol... because of the bad day." The blonde forced a grin as her pager beeped. As she left, Alex nearly let out a remark before quickly being shut up by George.

"It's okay, George," Izzie comforted, rubbing a hand up and down his arm as Cristina let out a held-in laugh. Emily turned her head to her shoulder to hide her large smile.

"That was funny and embarrassing, on a whole new level, George," Cristina leaned back, laughter reverberating from her mouth. Scoffing, Alex threw food into his mouth. "You don't have a chance,"

"Cristina," Izzie hissed as George's face flushed even more. "Damn," Two pagers started beeping as Alex and Izzie checked their waist. "Let's go."

"And then there were three," Emily mused. "And I'm going to make it two. You guys have fun with the tumor. I'll try to make it," she added. She grabbed her tray, stacking it on the trash can, "but this guy fractured his legs and I have to check his casts," The brunette shrugged, tying her curly hair back up into a ponytail. She heard their farewells as she entered the hospital again. Taking the elevator, she arrived in the Ortho wing.

Arriving in the room, she opened the chart. Glancing at the bed, she watched as the man shifted in bed. "Mr. Turner, I'm just going to check your casts. Are you experiencing any discomfort..."

.

"Derek!" Emily called out and regretted it as soon as it came out of her mouth. The attending looked in her way, a shocked George beside him. "I mean," she stuttered, "Dr. Shepherd,"

"Yes?" He paused as she paused.

"Well, I mean, you are busy, so I'll just leave, now,"

"Dr. Moore, it's fine. Dr. O'Malley was simply updating me on a case." Hesitant, she continued her way up to him towards the elevator. After a pause, George continued his report on the little girl with continuous seizures in her left foot. The neurosurgeon grabbed the scans, looking at them after he pressed the elevator button. Ordering new ones, he turned to Emily.

"Paul Turner, admitted for a double leg fracture after a fall has been experiencing severe migraines and sensitivity to light. Dr. Miller wanted you for a consult immediately after your surgery," she recited, as the elevator doors opened. Derek gave her a tired look, entering the elevator.

"Of course." He blinked his eyes several times, using his hand to lean against the elevator wall.

"I'll order those scans," George told him. Nodding, Derek thanked the intern as Emily entered after the neurosurgeon. "Dr. Moore, can I speak with you?" Sharing a look with Derek, the brunette nodded slowly, leaving the elevator.

"Okay, but make it quick. Dr. Shepherd, I'll meet you in the Orthopedics wing," She turned to the man, who nodded, confused. Waiting for the doors to close, George raised a skeptical eyebrow, muttering. He grabbed her arm, dragging her down the hall, past O.R.s and nurses. Opening the door to the stairwell, he walked in urgently.

"Are you sleeping with Shepherd?"

"What? No!"

"Because 'Derek' is a bit more personal than I'd have pinned your relationship for. And," Coming closer, he sniffed her hair, "you smell like him. So if that's not-" Her finger forced him to shut up.

"I'm friends with Derek. My brother went to med school with him and yesterday he ditched me for Meredith, so y'know, not driving all the way for another hour to my house. He invests a lot in hair products."

"Wait, you know about-"

"Of course I do,"

"Well, okay."

"Okay." She took another step before turning around. "I need coffee, wanna come?"

"Yeah, okay, but I need those scans." They climbed the stairs together. "Is your brother Noah Moore?"

"You going to tell anyone?" She asked curiously as George shrugged. "You can, I don't mind, not anymore. It's just who I am."

"Your brother's fantastic."

"I only hope to be half as great as him." A smile came upon her face as she thought of her brother, oceans away. "I've looked up to him since forever."

.

Emily yawned, opening her eyes. Here she was, in her terribly small bed in her terribly small apartment. Her phone vibrated from where it laid on the floor, plugged into her charger. Grabbing it, she saw a text.

:merediths roommates think im a health nut:

:you kinda are:

:shut up:

:youve been there for seven days:

:so ive been told:

:you gonna tell her about the trailer:

:shes curious:

:maybe i should show up on your bed naked when you do:

:thats not funny:

:ok it isnt but seriously you should tell her:

:im thinking about it:

.

"Dr. Bailey," Emily greeted as her resident and Cristina entered the pregnant woman's room. "Mr. Glass, as I was saying, the treatment options are drug therapy, chemo, surgery, and radiation, but with this stage of invasive carcinoma those are your only options."

"Can I wait until the end of my pregnancy?"

"The pregnancy hormones are likely to speed the growth of the cancer cells and none of these treatment options will allow the baby to survive." Cristina inputted as Bailey looked at the couple with concern.

"Mr. and Mrs. Glass, I know how hard this is for you,"

"No disrespect, but like Hell you do." Taken aback, Bailey bit her lip before continuing.

"You're going to have to make a decision as to how you want to proceed."

"You mean my baby's life or my own?"

"Yes." She paused as the pregnant woman laid back down on her bed, eyes glassy. "We'll have to evacuate the fetus." Exhaling deeply, Mrs. Glass held onto her husband's hand.

"We'll give you two time to decide," Leaving, Emily grabbed the chart, passing it to her resident.

.

"Hey, Mer," Emily greeted.

"Hey,"

"You've been running around with Shepherd lately," The brunette remarked lightly. The blonde gaped, trying to figure out an excuse. "Relax, I know. And for the record, I think it's cute." Pulling her sweater over her head, she shrugged off her pants, putting her pager in her locker.

"He's just not telling me anything." Her green eyes full of annoyance, she grabbed her bag. "And he sleeps at my house every night and I don't know what he does on his days off! He needs to tell me something,"

"And he will. Just wait it out, Mer. He will." Upon seeing the blonde's disgruntled expression, Emily sighed and said, "He came in second in his med school class. Second to Mark Sloan, his best friend. My brother came third." Tongue poking her cheek, she added, "My brother's Noah Moore, so... I guess it's kinda a big deal." Making sure her sweats were on securely, she slipped on her shoes. "You know they say patience is a virtue, right?"

"Whatever." Emily chuckled, heading for the door when Meredith called her name again. "Hey, Em. Thanks, by the way." The brunette shrugged with a smile and left, tucking a curl of hair behind her ear.

.

:addison keeps calling me:

:did you answer:

:no:

:you should:

:i know:

.

"Derek, let her go,"

"No!"

"You should have told her about Addison. Before you got involved, you should've," Emily insisted, her grip like iron. "You should've been honest. You should've told her."

"I didn't know, I didn't," He hissed, breaking out of it and following after his ex.

"That doesn't mean you're innocent!" she exclaimed but he showed no signs of hearing her.

.

"Dr. Montgomery Shepherd," Emily greeted stiffly when she saw the redhead at the coffee cart. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Derek staring after Meredith. Ordering her own coffee, she watched the ginger pour cream into her own drink.

"Doctor..."

"Moore." At this, the attending smiled. Gripping her coffee, she turned to the intern.

"Noah's little sister. Yes, of course. He told me you worked here,"

"Yeah. And I'm going to be professional here, Dr. Montgomery Shepherd, but you hurt Derek. And hurting Derek hurt Meredith." That made the OB/GYN pause. "That's none of my business, I apologize."

"What's your point, Dr. Moore?"

"My point is," She heaved a sigh, "my point is that they were happy. And a lot of people liked them together, and like them as people. I respect you, so I'm warning you as a co-worker, and as your subordinate." With a nod, she grabbed her coffee and left.

.

"Ten Judy dolls? Gross,"

.

"Can't believe we're with the Shepherds," Izzie muttered as the doors opened, revealing the N.I.C.U.

"I can," Emily replied as they walked into the room the baby was in. Clearing her throat, she greeted the two doctors. This was going to be one Hell of a day.

.

As they argued for what seemed like the millionth time, Izzie made an excuse to leave, leaving Emily alone with the Shepherds. Betrayed, she gawked at Izzie who smiled apologetically. As the neurosurgeon left, the woman turned to her intern, seemingly shocked she was still here.

"Dr. Moore,"

"What is it that you need?"

"Monitor her stats and page me if she gets worse. I don't care what Derek says. I am fighting for her,"

"Of course, Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd, and for what it's worth, I'll fight too." That put a smile on the redhead's face, as small as it was.

"Thank you,"

.

"How are her labs?" Emily asked as Izzie wrote on the chart.

"Not good," the blonde informed, looking up briefly. The brunette frowned, glancing at their attending who was still by the baby's beside,

"What'd Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd say?"

"We might as well get ourselves reassigned."

"Maybe we could try in the morning?" She suggested, walking to the window.

"Maybe. She has a good grip,"

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

.

"Meredith," Emily wrapped an arm around the tear-stained blonde. "Come on, let's visit Cristina," She glanced over her shoulder, seeing Derek standing by himself. He seemed frozen in the spot after Meredith kissed him. "Then we can sleep, or we don't. We stay up all night and regret it tomorrow. Anything is better than out there."

"Okay," the blonde muttered. Resting her temple atop the shorter woman's head, Emily led her to her best friend's bedside, letting her sit down.

"Okay," she repeated. "I'm going to run labs and I'll be back soon." Nodding, the green-eyed woman settled herself down and stared at her friend's unmoving body. Watching, Emily left, her hazel eyes trained on the petite woman at all times.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 15.6K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
738K 27.2K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
363K 13K 57
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
86.4K 3K 51
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...