Bound ✅

Od TheOmoope

Halima Aliyu's style is pretty simple: Live life to the fullest and be successful while at it. She deems her... Viac

TheOmoope's note
Before the Before
What We Didn't Know
Slowly Understanding
For real
Moving On
White Envelope
Au-Pair
Gazebo Perfect
Painfully
Car Ride
Back Story 1
Giveaway
Fair Meeting
Winner
Gbas Gbos
London
Milo
Parte after Parte
BackStory 2
The Incident
Salep
Aftermath
Edgware
Leaving London
Back to Basics
Sperm Bank
Trouble Knocks
To decline or To accept
Being Mrs Abubakar
Being Mrs Abubakar (2)
The Citation
Abaya Galore
Date Night
Q and A
Big Day
Unshackled
Asylum Patients and Tuwon Madara
Future Husbands & Wife Beaters
Haves and Have Nots
Hanny's Jamal
Chocolates and Rings
Therapy
Chief Planners and Fairytales
Reaping Karma Fruits
Defining Punishments
#TheHJFairytale
Lawyering Up
On Becoming Halima Aliyu
Bridesmaids and Confetti
Bridal Boxes and New sisters
Hanny's Actual Baby
Photoshoots and Expressions
Big Fights and Small Fights
'Aure Na Ke So'
Cake Tasters
Halima's Anger
Please Read.
Catching The Bride or Not?
A Girl has a new name
A Tale of the Broken
Heartless
Jariyah Et Maryam
DCoS
DCoAS
The Public Relations Officer
Ms.
Prague Visit
Their Honor(s)
New Story alert
A Red Letter Day? Or Night?
Aisha and Mustapha's Divorce
No Words
Jariyah's Birthday
Lab Technicians
Finale

Back Story Three

3.7K 653 47
Od TheOmoope

"Rise and shine birthday girl. Today is a special day."

Halima gave up the pretense of sleeping and woke up to the smiling faces of Jariyah, Summayah  and little Lubna who was trying to climb her bed- unsuccessfully.

"We know you're awake. Happy Birthday. Here's your breakfast in bed." Halima put her hands to her mouth in unsuccessful surprise at  the trolley filled with food that was wheeled over to her side from the door. She'd known when Summayah sat in conference with Jariyah the previous night.

"You guys, thank you so much." Summayah waved her off and put a small bed top table over her laps. Halima stopped her and jumped out of bed to brush her teeth.

"Summy, what time should we expect Muhsin and his parents?" She watched Lubna pad into her ensuite to watch her do her morning business. After brushing her teeth, she shooed the two year old out of the bathroom and locked the door. At that age, they were terribly inquisitive.

"They're coming at three. Mummy says she can't help because Daddy has physio this morning till around twelve pm. When they reach around three, they'd be plenty of time to get daddy in bed for his rest, and Jamal to reach here." Halima's heart skipped a beat in fear and then some excitement.

"Jamal is coming?" Her voice echoes from the ensuite. Summayah stole a fry off the table she'd set and chewed before replying.

"And my aunt who lives in Devonshire too. She's on the train as we speak." Halima's hand that was guiding her toothbrush shook in fear.

She spat out some foamy toothpaste before replying Summayah. "Why everyone?" Summayah rolled her eyes at Halima's question before slapping Jariyah's hand off the hash browns heaped on the plate.

"Obviously because he is coming to see my parents. Who dates someone with the hope of marrying for over six months without seeing their parents?" Halima rinsed out her tooth brush and came out to answer.

"Obviously Abuja boys." Summayah laughed really hard and flopped unto the bed. Lubna, having no idea why they were laughing, padded out of the bathroom to laugh happily in reply.

Halima sat at her food and tucked in her large nightgown material under her knees.

"So, what are you going to ask cook to prepare for your Captain to eat? What does he like?" Summayah had this non-chalant look in her eyes as she thought.

"Nigerian food obviously. It's just, I don't really know what he likes, seeing as we've only gone on like three or four dates?" She waved her hands to show the inconsequence of her reply.

Halima chewed on two fries after handing some to Lubna and Jariyah to eat. "So, you don't know what he likes?" Summayah hissed in reply.

"I do." She drew on the word to show some hesitation.

"I just cannot you know totally give a pointed answer. So I said to Cook, 'just make Jollof rice and roasted chicken and fish'." She rolled her eyes as she finished speaking.

"Some people I know would be afraid of their military partners." Summayah rolled her eyes again prompting Halima to throw a fry at her. Jariyah was learning things from her.

"You of all people should know I'm not anyone. I'm too much of myself to be anyone else or afraid of anyone else."

*****

"He just sent me their location."

She after looking through her phone set it down on hee dresser. Halima quickened her hands as she rushed her hair. Mummy had shouted at Summayah when she returned with her husband from his physio about her looks. She said 'i wonder what family would see you like this and think you're a good fit fpr their son.'

Halima had rushed her own bath and dressed in a black abaya, she was plaiting 'shuku' cornrows on Summayah's head.

"I wonder why you even weaved my hair, it's not as if I'd be worried of he didn't marry me or ask for my hand in marriage. It just further cements my peaceful lifestyle." Halima laughed as she carefully separated strands of hair on Summayah's scalp.

"I'm happy you're not worried." They heard a booming voice and steps come up the stairs and Jariyah rushed from her perch on her aunt's bed to the door.

"Daddy!" She jumped into her father's arms. At the same time, Halima pulled the hijab she'd pooled around her neck over her hair and patted it kn place all in one fluid movement. She'd anticipated this visit.

"Brother." He swaggered up to his sister and cupped her face.

"Dummy." Summayah growled at him. He raised his left hand. "Alright. Summy." She smiled.

"Happy Birthday Halima." Halima smiled, said thank you and stepped back from his sister's hair. She was done.

Summayah stepped to the long mirror standing in her room and moved her head this way and that in fromt of it.

"Na wa oo. Sis, once we get to Abuja, you're becoming my resident hairdresser straight up. I don't know why you left such a job to take care of this dumb head's kids." Jariyah repeated after her immediately and Halima pursed her lips at Summayah before walking out of the crowded room to check on sleeping Lubna.

"You should stop by and apologise to her immediately. Don't drag it." She intoned to her bother quietly.

"I know. I even bought a gift. I was only trying to get a ride out of her that day, it only went out of hand." Summayah rolled her eyes and pinned up her scarf.

"Thank you for coming. I'm grateful." He looked at her amusingly.

"Becoming soft now are we?" She picked a perfume bottle from her dresser and he ran off.

When he reached the door to the room Lubna and Jariyah shared, he knocked softly and looked in to see her looking out of the window in deep thought.

"Halima." She turned to look at him

He set Jariyah before replying her unasked question.

"I'm sorry for the other day. I promise not to get you angry in a long time from now. In Sha Allah anyways." Halima didn't reply, only stared at him for a few seconds before nodding.

He walked back to the door and at the back of Lubna's bed, brought out a box.

"I hope I'm not too presumptuous. I saw things you liked on Facebook and bought them in hopes you'd like them. Happy Birthday." Halima took it hesitantly bit didn't open it. She only placed it on Lubna's changing table.

"Thank you Sir." She turned and Jamal rolled his eyes to the heavens.

*******
"Welcome."

Halima heard  Mummy and Jamal greet as she walked Summayah to the kitchen quietly, she saw reflections of the visitors from the mirror that shone outside the living room.

"They are here." Halima nodded and pulled back the sleeves of her abaya to rinse the tea service set. Mummy had put her in charge of it since she found out Summayah couldn't do it to save her life.

"They are seven. That's three more than we planned, plus Jamal Mummy and Aunty Zaina. That's ten." Halima calmly nodded. The Captain's family didn't know that bringing more people than they said they were bringing was not courteous.

"Bring more teacups down." Summayah complied quietly and Halima began to rinse them with piping hot water.

"We'll carry them in together so we don't look clumsy." Summayah nodded and clasped her hands in waiting.

"Let's go." They lifted two different trays and took tea to the living room. At the door, Halima looked at her Hijab one last time before she followed Summayah in.

The room went silent as they walked in. Each person concentrating on taking the little teacups teh two girls offered.

"Thank you." Halima nodded and stopped a second. She'd know that voice anywhere, wherever she heard it. It was the voice that spelled doom for her and turned her life upside down. She raised her head and confirmed it was him. She looked round, and saw his younger brother. Then his mother and their Major General father. The ceramic tray she was holding fell and all the teacups poured their content onto the Persian rug.

But that was the least of Halima's worries. She thought as she slipped into oblivion was, had her problems reached her here from Abuja?

********

So, hello everyone 👋🏿 *waves from under a rock*

How is your week going? Work should be over for the year na shouldn't it? So we all have time for reading💃🏾💃💃🏾💃🏾

Anyways, y'all are so close to finding out what the incident is and how much of it had affected our girl's life. I know, I know. 😩😩😩

So, prepare for more tea. Yes! More on the way. See y'all when i see you.

TheOmoope

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

4.9K 872 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...
37.6K 4.5K 51
Copyright 2022© All Rights Reserved. Aria Tayyu Safwan, a twenty four year old Turk came to Nigeria under unfortunate circumstances. Despite having a...
27.2K 5.3K 62
The second of the BFFs series. *** Sa'eed Abba Sulayman gets married to Halima Audu Kalshingi, the love of his life since childhood. But he has mad...
14.3K 815 66
Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out that her younger sister is secretly marrie...