Broken Gamer (Abused Reader X...

By Crashbexpert

F/N L/N was adopted by the Xiao Long Family. He has no knowledge of his birth parents but he know one thing... More

'O Gamer Mine
The Paths
Crystal's Dreams
Scarlet Blade
Family Trouble
Strength Test
Schnee Sisters
Instant Dungeon
The First Floor
Demon
Parallel Sin
Father
Change
Mistral
DLC Options
Farewell
Separation
New Hosts
Loop
Escape
Remnant
One Year Later
Beacon
Initiation
Survive
Reputation
It Begins
Unnerving

Change

6.2K 164 140
By Crashbexpert

"I read many of the DLC suggestions. Gonna be honest, some of the ability requests are redundant and pointless. I can point them all out, but I won't. Some DLC options I'm not familiar with and if I have to spend hours to research them I'm not doing it. Just letting you all know now so you don't have expectations and get disappointed."

I loitered around in Blake's home, which was massive, "Master..." Sylph began.

"Not now..." I whispered to her as I heard Blake walking in.

"I got some tea." She said carrying a plate with cups.

"Thank you." I said as she sat down and placed them on the table. I took my cup and began to drink it, "Nice." I mumbled.

"So... Your parents..." She began.

"My step mother was kind, step dad... Not so much." I said.

"What about your real parents?" She asked.

"Never met them." I said.

"Master... lying is bad." Sylph said.

"Not like she'll believe me. My real dad is the Primordial embodiment of Order." I spoke to her.

"I'm sorry... But dad is trying to let you stay here." She said.

"How are you doing?" A woman asked walking in the room with a tea pot and cup in her hands. Blake's mother, and she looks to be as kind as Summer.

"Fine. Nice to be in a safe location for once." I smiled.

"I told Ghira that I'm alright with letting you stay. The White Fang has some members that are more hesitate." She said sitting down and pouring herself some tea.

"Would be nice to live safely for once." I smiled.

"Master you need to continue your training." Star added.

"Dungeons are a thing Star." I replied.

"He's right." Ember stated.

"We'll convince them. So don't worry." She smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Belladonna. I'll be sure to behave while under your care." I replied.

"That's great to hear." She beamed.

"So where is he sleeping mom?" Blake asked.

"We have a spare room I'm sure." Kali spoke.

Why don't you ask her to sleep in Blake's room? They might let you~ Shinoa cooed.

"Don't make me hurt you." I spat.

You're such a bully. She imitated a cry.

"I hate you." I mumbled.

It was nice to speak to them and relax. Not worry about anything but just what to say next. I'll stick around for a bit and see what I should do, laying low is a good idea as well. Still not sure what my real father expects of me... Guess I'll just train to prepare.

***

I have been living with the Belladonnas for four years. I have been a decent friend to her as best I can. I have been keeping myself away from the political struggle of the White Fang. I have more pressing issues to deal with so I spend my time doing any and all quests. Recently I was given the option to add modifiers to quest to increase the difficulty with better rewards based on the modifiers. Two years ago I started with D class modifiers and worked my way up. I am currently able to complete A class quest with one S class modifier.

Despite my ability I do any quests I can and put modifiers on them. Sometimes I can only get D class quests from the people in Menagerie like my current quest. I was picking up some groceries for Kali, Blake's mother. I added a time limit modifier which demands me to complete the quest in thirty minutes. Its not nerve racking difficult but it boosts experience rewards by 50%, so why not.

"Shinoa any Quests you got for me?" I asked.

"Hmmm... Aside from going into the desert not really. The best I can see is A class." She replied.

"Guess I can do that later then." I replied. The only time S class quests are available are ones tied to my ability to make a dungeon. Though I haven't had one in like four months. So I just opted to put an S class modifier to simulate an S class Quest. The faunus keep their distance from me and just basically tolerate me since Ghira is the one who took me in. The only ones who voice their discontent with my existence is certain White Fang members. Though its just a bunch of fanatical members so I don't really care. I returned home with the items on Kali's list and gave them to her.

"Thanks F/N." She smiled.

"Anytime." I replied as I glanced at my level. I was level 20 but my class was now a Beast. Upon reaching the max level I was able to reset my level back to one but with better skills and stats. I did fell weaker for the moment but not that much weaker. I can probably guess being Level 1 Beast was similar to a Level 50 Human, "Kali I am gonna go for a walk." I called out to her.

"Don't stay out too late." She replied.

I looked at the quests Shinoa has available for me. The A class quests available are just go to the desert and kill a number of Grimm. Different species were listed as I read them over, "What modifiers do I have?"

D Class Modifiers X5

C Class Modifiers X8

B Class Modifiers X3

A Class Modifiers X10

S Class Modifiers X5

"So there are three A class quests available. Kill 20 Deathstalkers, Kill 10 Hatchling Theramortem, and kill 10 Taijitus." I said to myself as I reached the edge of the City. Modifiers take effect the moment the quest is accepted and do not end until the quest is completed. Certain quest need to be turned in to be completed but these are given by the system so I don't have to worry about that, "Okay lets give all three one S class modifier. Lets add triple mana consumption when using spirits, Magic attacks do 80% less damage, Aura protection is at 0."

"You sure about that master?" Sylph asked.

"Yeah can't rely on you girls forever. My strength isn't anything to scoff at anyways." I said as I looked at my abilities.

Swordmanship 10/10: Allows one to learn skills with bladed weapons and increase proficiency with them. Mastering this skill shuns all other melee weapons.

Longsword Mastery 8/10: Specialize in Longsword skills shun all other bladed weapons for increased damage and special skills exclusive to mastering Longsword.

One-handed Longsword 5/10: Skill exclusive to those who shun all bladed weapons besides Longswords. Skill increases movement speed and allows free hand to do certain tasks.

"Alright lets get this going." I said as I entered the desert. The heat wasn't really hindering me due to my gamer ability. I unsheathed my sword and glanced at it as I walked. I regularly clean and sharpen it to keep the quality up. The issue with these quests is looking for these Grimm.

****

Taking my blade out of a Deathstalker I sigh, "All this walking and only Deathstalkers. I have been wandering for a long time..." I mumbled.

"We should head back and search at a different direction." Crystal said.

"Sounds good to me. Maybe ill find more Grimm on the way back." I replied as I began to walk back the way I came. This deathstalker was the last for the quest so my magic attacks no longer have an 80% damage reduction. Luckily deathstalkers aren't that troublesome for me after constantly hunting them down for four years. To ensure the blade of the longsword didn't rust from constantly cutting up Grimm I ran a rag across the blade to keep it glistening in the sunlight. With Menagerie in the horizon a breath of hot dry air entered my lungs, the sound of children laughing in the distance echoed in the distance. Glancing around noticing a small oasis about five minutes from Menagerie, a group of young kids playing there, "What are they up to?" I questioned as my blade enters its sheath.

Menagerie being so close my legs wanted to rest for a moment. Though the detriments from the modifiers are something I need to get rid of as soon as I can, "Shinoa."

"Hmm?"

"Any ideas on where these Theramortems and Taijitu's are?"

"Theramortems? You mean Hatchlings right?"

"How low do I have to look?" A deep sigh escapes from me as I didn't want to look for such small creatures in a vast desert.

"How low? They are as big as deathstalkers dude."

"Wait what?" The ground began to quake as I hear the kids shout and scream. My eyes shifted to their direction as the sand exploded into the air. A massive hairy arachnid rose from the ground, its noticeably two large eyes glared at the kids. Fangs oozing a thick viscus liquid from it. Its size, comparable to a goliath, towered over the kids.

"That is a Theramortem I think their mom... I could be wrong... wait where are you... oh right the children."

My legs sprinted through the loose sand as I hurled myself towards the oasis, "Sylph, Candice, Ember!"

"Yes." They shouted in unison. Electricity began to arc between my palms as my fist was engulfed in flames. To keep the heat from expanding out I used wind to create enough pressure to compress it down towards my palm. My palms began to split and cauterize rapidly as the energy of the lightning and fire mixture reacted violently. I stood in front of the kids getting between them and the spider. Pressing my arm forward against the resistance of Sylph's wind tunnel and the air around the world. The elemental mixture exploded forward with a deafening sound that vibrated his bones and organs. The force of the explosion forcing him back and a sharp agonizing pain shot up my elbow towards my shoulder. The sand around us lifted upwards spreading all over the area as I closed my eyes to prevent them from getting blinded by both the explosion and debris. I turned to the kids and was ready to grab them and run. Though as they laid flat on their back on top of the sand, their eyes filled with awe.

"What?" I asked. My eyes shifted back to the spider which was nowhere to be seen, "Where did it..."

"Master your arm!" Sylph screamed forgetting that she could speak in my head. My gaze shifted to my hand which was also missing along with my forearm. My bone poking out and splintered as it smoked and my flesh torn in numerous areas. Blood oozing from the gaping wound.

"Shit..." Ember as she began to use her abilities to stop as much of the bleeding as she can.

"You idiot hide it before the kids notice!" Granite shouted. I pressed my arm against my chest as Aqua began to slowly heal my injury.

"Where did the damn Grimm go?" I mumbled to myself as I shifted my gaze around, "Did it burrow?" Star manifested in in front of me and began to kick some of the sand.

"Found it..." She said pointing at a thin prong of its leg, "Oh there's some over there as well." She said pointing at a lone eye in the distance.

"So..." I began.

"Its as dead than Tai's sex life." She mumbled.

Hidden Quest Complete!

S Class

Kill Theramortem

Rewards: XP.

Level UP!

Level: 34/150

"I just wanted to let you know... I am a little wet right now." Shinoa mumbled.

"Soooo... You kids alright?" I asked as my forearm was beginning to regenerate.

"That was so cool!!" A rough skinned child shouted. A group of Faunus began to arrive as they noticed me standing, surrounded by children as they began to overly emphasize my attack, "Look at the crater you left behind!"

"Oooo. That was not part of the plan." I whispered.

"Nat 20 in a nutshell." Shinoa replied.

"What happened here?" Ghira asked, "I hear a loud explosion and sand begins to fall from the sky..."

"This human came in and saved us by killing a Theramortem in one attack!" A boy with budding horns on his head shouted.

"It wasn't that grand I am sure...." I began still hiding my damaged limb from everyone.

"A Theramortem? This close to the city?" Sienna spoke.

"Is that bad?" I asked.

"F/N..." Ghira said pulling me to the side as I covered my arm under my jacket, "Theramortems are dangerous and rare. Only six of them have been seen period with two being here in Menagerie."

"Oh... Well shit..." I mumbled.

"Was it really a Theramortem?" Sienna asked the kids.

"There is a piece of it there..." A girl, with a tail surrounded by thick hairs, said pointing at the eye sitting in the distance.

"That is definitely a Theramortem eye..." Sienna mumbled staring at the eye in the distance, "One attack did this?" She asked glancing about noticing more torn limbs from what remained of the Grimm as they began to dissipate into the air.

"Yes Ms. Khan." The girl replied.

"So. I am just gonna head back and..."

"You killed a Theramortem. You must be compensated especially after saving those kids." Sienna said.

"Oh no need. I am just glad they are safe." I replied.

"Really? A human like you save a bunch of Faunus children out of good will?"

"F/N Is a very kind human. He can't help himself in protecting others." Ghira said patting my back.

"Is he now?" She asked.

"I'm gonna go." I said pointing at the city.

"Alright. I'll deal with everything here. Try to keep out of trouble for the rest of the day." Ghira ordered.

"Yeah I think I'm done with my walk." I replied as I entered the city.

***

Sienna glanced at him as he walked away then back at Ghira, "Why did you take him in again?" She asked.

"He had no where else to go." He replied as he began to scan the area and the damage.

"Why didn't you just take him to an orphanage?" She asked.

"He saved my daughter. Had to repay him somehow." He replied.

"So he got something out of helping her?"

"I took him in out of pity and because I wanted to. He... really didn't have a choice in the matter." His voice tailing off.

"Why?" Sienna asked her interest peaked.

"That is not for me to say. Just know when you take over he still stays with me as long as he needs. Kali and I agreed to make sure he can support himself when the time comes."

"Of course." She nodded.

***

I sat alone in a table as people passed by me. I hid my arm and glanced at it under my jacket, "Yeah that's really bad..." I mumbled.

"You suffered worse." Shinoa said.

"Yeah, but its gonna be a while for it to heal." I sighed.

"What is gonna take a while?" Sienna's voice rang from behind startling me.

"Oh you know... Adrenaline to dissipate. " I said. She hums as she grabs a seat across from me, "Can I help you?"

"My name is Sienna Khan..."

"I know we met before." I replied.

"We did?" She questioned.

"Yeah. I tried to greet you once after Ghira had a meeting with you and other members. You kinda walked away from me."

"I see... Sorry about that."

"Its fine... Should have guessed that would happen. The White Fang aren't really keen on me being here." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Why didn't you take the reward for the Theramortem?" She asked tilting her head slightly.

"I don't help people for money. I do it cause I want to. Besides the kids deserve to have a good childhood."

"I hear you saved Blake as well."

"Yeah. Some idiot was gonna shoot her so I blocked the bullet. Thank god for auras." I chuckled again.

"Ghira took you in afterwards. Why is that?" She asked. Her gaze looking into my arm as I shifted it deeper into my jacket.

"I didn't have a good... Childhood."

"... and your arm? Why are you hiding it?"

"Oh... Killing the Theramortem didn't come without a cost." I said burying it under my arm.

"Do you need medical attention?"

"No no I am good. I just need some time." I replied.

"Why would a human protect a faunus?" She asked.

"Why not?"

"I just never met a human like you."

"Not all humans are the same. Some just want to help others and some have better things to do that cling onto their hate and resentment." I replied.

"I just..." She began.

"Its fine. I don't expect you to trust a random human. I just think we can be more productive if we all get along. I should head out and rest, got to make sure I recover." I stood up and held my arm in my jacket tightly.

"You sure you don't need medical attention?" She asked gazing at my jacket as a stain began to manifest.

"No no. I promise it will heal by tomorrow." I replied as I walked away.

"I'll hold you to it." She mumbled as she sat alone watching me leave.

***

My attempt to sneak my way into the Belladonna residence was going well. Until I remembered that Faunus have an acute sense of smell, especially cats.

"What is that smell?" Kali asked as she entered the room.

"Kali... I was just... Heading to my room, you know to...."

"Why is there a red stain on your jacket?" She glared at me.

"I..." Shinoa help!

"Sorry babe you're kinda fucked."

"What happened to your arm!" She said stomping towards me.

"I was..."

"Show me." She demanded.

"Okay, but I did it to save innocent kids." I pleaded as I stalled for a bit.

"Show me." She ordered.

"Okay but let's keep it between us..." I pleaded.

"Keep what between you two?" Blake asked as I was about to show Kali my injury.

"So much for a peaceful night." Ember mumbled.

"Fuck me..." I mumbled knowing that I was about to get an earful. I wasn't scared of them by any means, it's just annoying to have them yell at me, "I Saved some kids from a Theramortem and blew my hand apart." I said as I revealed my arm with only a small bit of splinted bone exposed. It definitely healed a decent amount, wish it regenerated faster. It wasn't even two seconds before I began to get smacked by both Kali and Blake.

"How the hell do you do that!" Blake shouts.

"Blake get some water and rags." Kali spoke and Blake quickly ran off still shouting at me.

"I'm happy to know you saved children from a dangerous Grimm, but did you really have to blow your arm off?" Kali asked.

"I am fine. Really. I just..."

"Shut up or I swear I'll drown this in alcohol." Kali threatened. I noticed the door opened and Ghira was coming into the house. Seems he heard her threat and saw my arm being damaged. He slowly backed away and closed the door silently without her noticing. Fucking Traitor...

"I got the rags and medkit." Blake said, "How did you even do this?"

"I was on a walk and saw some kids playing in the oasis out in the desert. Then this Theramortem appeared and was about to kill them. So I just... Leaped in and blew it up. I didn't think it would be that bad or strong, but I guess I was full of adrenaline and didn't realize I used more power than I expected."

"Fucking idiot." Blake said as she began to wrap my arm in the rag.

"Like I said. Good that the kids are safe, but seriously do it in a safer manner." Kali demanded. They began to nag at me as they bandaged my wound. They had me promise I would be more responsible and careful with my powers. While they do know what I am capable of, I decided to keep my spirits hidden.

After they calmed down, took thirty minutes of absolute nagging to blow off steam, I was sitting alone with Blake as she glared at me, "What?"

"You're so reckless." She spat.

"That recklessness saved your ass." I replied.

"Yes, but you didn't lose a limb." She argued.

"Fair point..."

"If you're gonna be that reckless why don't you..."

"Blake I said no. I supported the White Fang when it was peaceful, but all this violence? I'm human Blake." I said.

"I am not saying that you kill people. I am just saying we can accomplish so much if you help. You're strong enough to keep the White Fang from going too far." She replied.

"They already are." I said looking at her.

"Then why don't you stop us?" She asked.

"A human takes down the White Fang because he disagreed with them? Tell me that doesn't sound like the fuse leading to a war." I said, "Also is this because you feel oppressed or are you just chasing after that emo red head?"

"We are not talking about Adam here." She spat.

"My issues come from him so I say he is pretty relevant to the conversation. Blake he assaulted a Schnee Board member." I said.

"He underpaid a bunch of Faunus workers." She said.

"That's enough to beat him half to death? He was a bad person yes, but he wasn't a monster Blake and I have lived with a monster."

"Okay but if you have issues then why don't you do anything to stop it? You have the power." She was getting more agitated as this argument continued.

"I have my own things to worry about Blake. Also I shouldn't have to babysit a political protest. Okay so can we drop this?" I asked.

"Fine. Fine... I get it... Can you at least tell me what has you so worked up that you won't join? You didn't join even when we were peaceful." She asked calming herself.

"I'd rather not... Mostly because you wouldn't believe me." I sighed.

"Okay... I wish you had more trust in me."

"I do trust you. Its just... I don't want you to get involved. You say I'm strong, but with what I have to do... I am definitely not strong enough."

"If it's that bad maybe I can help..." She asked grabbing my hand with her own.

"I have to just get stronger and train harder. That's why I can join and if I am worried about myself... I don't want you to be in danger. I should head to bed. My arm will return tomorrow morning... Please at least consider what I said. I honestly believe nothing good will come from being around Adam." I said.

"I just feel like we understand each other." She said.

"Better than we understand each other?" I asked. She didn't reply so I just left and headed to bed.

"You okay?" Shinoa asked as I laid in bed.

"Not really. Blake is just to love struck to see him for what he is..." I mumbled.

"A bad person?" Sylph asked.

"A monster."

***

As I expected, my arm was fully healed as if what happened yesterday was a dream. Flexing and stretching my arm I sat up and gazed outside the window. It was a bit stiff but moving it around a bit will help. I got myself ready for the day as usual and headed downstairs. Breakfast was good but it was just me and Kali as Ghira was already gone to prepare the change in leadership as Blake was probably out with Adam and Ilia. They don't really like me that much, Adam isn't a surprise as we both voiced our distaste for one another. Ilia just doesn't trust me and hates that I am trying to pull Blake out of the White Fang, "Your healing is really reassuring." Kali said.

"Huh? Oh yeah... If you let me talk I would have said that it was that strong." I replied as I washed my dish.

"Ghira and I decided to leave the White Fang after he steps down. It wouldn't be right after living with you for four years." She said.

"I am actually happy to hear that." I replied.

"I hope Blake will share the sentiment." She mumbled.

"I'm going for a walk." I said as I grabbed a jacket and put it on.

"You better come back with you limbs intact!" She shouted.

"Yes Mom." I called back as I opened the door and saw Sienna as she was about to knocked on the door, "Can I help you?" She glanced at my now regenerated arm and quickly looked back at me.

"No. Just came to make sure you were telling the truth." She said, "I see your arm is fine so... See you around, F/N." She spun around and began to walk away.

"If you want to go on a date with me just ask." I chuckled. She stopped walking and glanced back at me, "What?"

***

I sat in a table with Sienna as she didn't look at me. "I actually didn't think this would happen..."

"Nat 20, bitch." Shinoa chuckled.

"Sooo Why?" I asked.

"Even if you didn't want a reward, I still think you earned a meal." She mumbled.

"Hey Granite seems you have some competition for the best Tsundere." Aqua chuckled.

"Shut the hell up!!" Granite shouted.

"I mean... I'm not getting out of this am I?" I asked Sienna.

"No." She replied.

"Typical..." I sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 335 20
Your name is (Y/n) Xiao Long. You had a family you once trusted for over a year but that began to change when their focus was more on your older sist...
83.9K 730 4
You were born the son of Taiyang & Female Qrow, grew up unloved. At a young age you left a broken home to build a new life for yourself. Even went on...
15K 152 9
(DISCONTINUED) The Nikos family. The family who brought warriors to Remnant. Their legacy is well known around the world, yet the parents of young Py...
948K 13.2K 86
Disclaimer: I do not own Rwby by Rooster teeth, Undertale by Tony Fox, or any of the images, videos, songs or references that are put on this story o...