Relentless (Jasper Hale) {UND...

De IThoughtUSaidWeast

Nixie Dovers was the flame that lit Jasper Hales fire. With one task in mind Nixie didn't expect to fall for... Mais

Hello(:
Tragedy Strikes
Into the Life of a Protector
I.O
I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
Hero Hair
"Sup Eddy"
The Cullens
What the Hell?
We All Have Our Secrets
"I'm Sorry"
Eddy to the Rescue
Protectors out of the Bag
His Salvation
Shark-bait Hoo Ha Ha
" I Didn't See Them"
Life With You
"I Told You So"
The Bee and Her Honey
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
New Moon
Happy Birthday Old Hag
Mending Broken Pieces
Hollow Eyes
"You're Pathetic"
The Pack
"Slowly Release the Clutch..." *CRASH*
Love Squares and Marshmallows
An Eye for an Eye
"Freaked Out Yet?"
"I'm Sorry I Failed You"
Visions
Let's Go Home
Bonus Chapter #3
Eclipse
Cast
Ice Cream Date
With Guilt Comes Pain
Unlikely Friendship
"Another Protection Detail?!"
"I Will Love You Forever"
A Decisions Been Made
"Your First Time?!"
Something Wicked This Way Comes
"It's Okay"
Love Will Remember You
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #5
**NOT AN UPDATE**
Breaking Dawn Part 1
God's Work
Flightless Bird
"Something's Wrong.."
The Impossible Becomes Possible
No Tears Left to Cry
You Are The Reason
Clock is Ticking
A Little Hope
Be Still My Beating Heart
"You Weren't Supposed to Leave Me"
Something I Want
Bonus Chapter #6
Bonus Chapter #7
Breaking Dawn Part 2
"How Could You?"
"I Did It"
Forgive Me
Witnesses
"Oh, Brother.."
Mommy Issues
Nixie-1, Fried Brain-1
Battle vs. War
"Just Say the Words..."
"Let's Get F*cking Married"
"You're My Home"
Bonus Chapter #8
Bonus Chapter #9
Alternate Ending
Book 2 of the Nixie Dovers Series

"You're a Real Piece of Work"

11.4K 322 67
De IThoughtUSaidWeast

  "It doesn't matter what is in front of her.
Because of who's behind her."
                                                    -Roderick Klimek

   A yellow car sped down the road, 2 occupants inside anxious to get to their destination while the other sat, munching on a hotdog she had bought at the previous gas station.

  "Do you really think now's a good time to be eating" the backseat occupant asked, eyeing the passenger who had shoved the whole half of the hotdog into her mouth.

  The protector swallowed her food, rolling her eyes at the human. "Shut up backseat driver and focus on the scenery, maybe we'll see some cows."

  The human huffed, slouching in her seat as she stared out the windows, watching the greenery pass.
                                           ***
  "So, I'm guessing you didn't rent this car" Bella joked from the backseat.

  Alice let out a chuckle, "I figured you wouldn't be opposed to a little grand theft auto."

  "Not today" Bella agreed, clinging onto her seat belt as the car took a hard lurch to the left.

  "Holy shit Alice" Nixie yelled, grabbing the wheel from the vampire as she let go, staring at the road ahead. Nixie steered the wheel, making sure to go loosely around the sharp turns while Alice was still unmoving in the drivers seat. Finally, the vampire grabbed the wheel back.

  "What did you see" Bella asked after calming heavy breaths from their almost crash.

  "They refused him" she uttered, frowning at what she saw.

  "So?" Bella asked, wasn't that a good thing?

  "He's gonna make a scene. Show himself to the humans" she informed.

  "No" Bella exclaimed, "when?"

  Nixie let out a groan from her seat, Eddy you're so fucking dramatic dude.

  They ignored the protector, "he's gonna wait until noon, when the sun's at it's highest."

  Bella's leg bounced in the back seat, sticking her head between the 2 in front, "God, Alice" she breathed, "you gotta hurry up" she encouraged.

  "There's Volterra" Alice spoke, catching Nixie and Bella's attention.

  The car raced between buildings, Nixie leaning over the center and honking the horn at people in the way.

  "Nixie" Alice hissed, only making the protector lay her hand on the horn again and hold it there for a good 10 seconds before Alice pushed her away.

  "Are we even supposed to be driving down here" Nixie asked, eyeballing the alleyway literally full of people.

  "Why are they all in red?" Bella asked, running her hands stressfully through her hair.

  "San Marco's Day Festival" Alice answered. "They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city. It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself."

  Nixie snorted, "how ironic" she muttered as she sat in a car with a vampire, on the way to save a vampire, who is going to be killed by a group of vampires. But there are no vampires.

  Bella smacked the seat she was on, "we have five minutes" she stressed, struggling to keep her cool.

  "I know Bella" Alice soothed, "just breathe."

  "Ah shit" Nixie hissed, eyeing the police that were blocking the road.

  Bella didn't even wait, exiting the car and pulling Nixie out with her, "Alice" she begged.

  "Bella, you and Nixie are the only ones he can't see coming" Alice breathed. "If I go, he'll read my thoughts. He'll think I'm lying. He'll rush into it."

  "Where do we go" Nixie asked, pulling Bella away from the car.

  "He'll be under the clock tower" she informed, "go!"

  Nixie dragged Bella away as the police continued to knock on Alice's window.

  The 2 girls raced to the clocktower, Nixie shoving people out of the way so she could stay in step with Bella. They got caught at an intersection on buildings, Nixie sniffing the air before grabbing Bella's hand, "this way" she called.

  "C'mon Bella" Nixie encouraged, pulling her protected up a flight of stairs, "we're almost there."

  "Oh fuck me" Nixie whined, pushing her way through the parade and knocking over some of the entertainers. She pushed Bella in front of her so she stayed in her sight.

  Nixie watched as Bella hopped into the fountain, trudging through the water as she ran through it. "I'll meet you there" Nixie called, running around the fountain. "These are new shoes" she muttered, she was not ruining them in the water.

  The bell rang above them, Nixie pushed herself faster, not even glancing at the man she just shoved into the fountain. She watched as Edward removed his shirt, stepping out of the shadows.

  Bella was making her way to him, just 5 more feet.

  Nixie looked down at the child next to her who was gasping at Edward, the kid went to yank her mothers cloak but Nixie stuck her foot out, knocking the child's feet out from under her. The little girl hit the ground and instantly started crying, drawing the attention of everyone around her and removing the eyes away from Edward. Nixie raced forward before the child ratted her out.

  She entered the room that Bella shoved them in, spotting the couple happily embracing. "Eddy man" she spoke, drawing the attention of the vampire. "You're a real piece of work."

  Edward felt his head drop, gasping when the protector wrapped him in a tight hug.

  "I'm glad you're okay" she admitted before stepping back. "Tell anyone I said that, and I'll kill you" she threatened.

  Edward laughed at her words, he missed Nixie and her ability to make any situation lighthearted.

  The moment was cut short as a door opened to the right of them, catching their attention.

  Nixie eyed the 2 men that were making their way over, obviously they were both vampires, it wasn't even the red eyes that gave them away. It was the arrogance they wore like a medal, they had an aura around them that Nixie assumed they used to make people around them feel small. She already didn't like them.

  "I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen" Edward spoke, hoping they would leave.

  "Aro wants to speak with you again" the big one retorted.

  "No rules were broken" Edward argued.

  "Nonetheless" the little one hissed, "we should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue."

  "Fine" Edward growled before addressing his mate. "Bella, why don't you go enjoy the rest of the festival with Nixie."

  "The girls come with us" Sasquatch snarled.

  "No, you can go to hell" Edward spat, taking a step in front of the girls.

  The argument was interrupted by the sound of a lock breaking. Alice stepped through the now broken door "Come on guys" she smirked, "it's a festival. You wouldn't wanna make a scene."

  "We wouldn't" they agreed, being approached by another from behind.

  "Enough" the new voice commanded, removing their hood and allowing Nixie to see that this one was a girl. Obviously more powerful than the other 2, and much more confident.

  "Jane" Edward greeted, bowing his head in acknowledgment and fear.

  The blonde smirked at the atmosphere she created, "Aro sent me to see what was taking so long." She said nothing more, turning and making her way back the way she came from. No one dared to not follow.

  Edward held Bella's hand tightly while Alice walked in front of Nixie, covering her from view.

  Nixie bounced in the elevator, ignoring the glare she was getting from the Sasquatch vampire when she stepped on his toe. She had a feeling whatever was in the room they were going to, was way worse than her stepping on Bigfoot's feet.

  "Is she human" Bella asked as they were greeted by a secretary of sorts.

  "Yes" Edward answered.

  "Does she know?"

  Edward nodded again, "yes."

  Bella blinked, "then why would.... She wants to be.."

  "And so she will be" the blonde male spoke.

  "Or dessert" Jane teased.

  Alice made sure to hide Nixie as best she could when stepping onto the room, glad that the protector wore something that covered her dark runes. She assumed the Volturi would know about protectors and she didn't want Nixie to draw too much attention to herself.

  "Sister. They send you out to get one and you bring back 2" a voice bragged. The boy eyed Bella and what he could see of Nixie before adding, "and 2 humans."

  Okay ew, Nixie thought, eyeing the vampire who spoke as he gave his sister a weird look. Is that even legal? She shook her thoughts away and focused on the vampires that were sitting on the thrones.

  "What a happy surprise" the one in the middle spoke, Aro, Nixie remembered, thinking of Bella's birthday back when Edward explained the Volturi.

  "Bella is alive after all" he rejoiced. "Isn't that wonderful? I love a happy ending." Aro didn't even blink as he gripped Edward's hand, reading his every thought. Images of Bella and Edward's time flashed before him, before stopping on a certain thought. "They are so rare" he voiced, staring at Edward in awe.

  Edward tried block his thoughts, knowing Bella would show up in every one for Aro to see. Thankfully, due to Nixie's status as a protector, she never once showed herself in his memories, hiding in the shadows.

  "La Tua Cantante" Aro breathed. "Her blood appeals to you so much, it makes me thirsty" he admitted. "How can you stand so close to her?"

  "It's not without difficulty" Edward croaked.

  "Yes I can see that" Aro chuckled as he looked at Bella.

  Edward informed them about what Aro was doing and Nixie flinched. She couldn't imagine someone digging through her head and unlocking every thought she once had.

  "You are quite a soul reader yourself Edward" Aro retorted. "Though you can't read Bella's thoughts..... Fascinating."

  He stepped back from Edward and kept his eyes solely on the human. "I would like to see if you are an exception to my gifts, as well" he tried. He held his hand out, encouraging Bella to take it, "would you do me the honor?"

  Nixie watched her protected step up to the royal, shuffling behind Alice and getting closer. She watched as Aro's eyes studied Bella's face before speaking, "interesting."

  Judging by his reaction, everyone knew that he indeed, did not see any of Bella's thoughts and Nixie sighed in relief.

  "I wonder" Aro chimed, catching their attention again. "Let us see if she's immune to all our powers. Shall we, Jane?"

  "No!" Edward snarled, rushing to Jane but being thrown back as his body erupted in pain. His muscles clenched and his body shook at the intensity.

  Nixie watched with wide eyes, Aro wanted that crazy bitch to do that to Bella?! No fucking way.

  "Stop" Bella pleaded, struggling in the arms of Jane's brother. "Stop! Please! Stop!"

  "Jane?" Aro addressed, removing her attention off Edward and allowing the pain to stop. "Master?"

  Edward sighed at the relief, allowing Alice to pull him from his spot on the ground.

  Aro nodded at Jane and she focused her attention on Bella, "this may hurt just a little" she teased.

  Nixie went to step forward but Alice gripped her arm, stopping the protector before she made things worse. She watched as the bitch attempted to work her powers on Bella, only to realize that she too, was having no luck.

  Aro let of a loud cackle, clapping his hands and snapping Jane out of her trance. "Remarkable."

  "So" he drawled, "what do we do with you now?" Aro's fun was cut short by his brother Marcus, "you already know what you're going to do, Aro."

  "She knows to much" the other agreed. "She's a liability."

  "Hmm" Aro sighed, "that's true....Felix?"

  The burly vampire from before stepped up and Edward felt his strength return, "no" he snarled. He turned towards Felix and flipped Bella over his back, shielding her from her attacker before charging.

  Edward tackled Felix, shoving the bigger vampire into the tiles.

  Alice went to help her brother but Demetri, the small blonde from before, gripped her neck and forced her to stand and watch.

  Nixie watched as Felix snarled in Edward's face before shoving him off and launching him in the air before speeding to his falling body. Before Edward reached the ground, Felix gripped his neck and shoved him down, hardening the fall and cracking Edward's cheek at the intensity. He left the injured vampire on the ground and faced the human.

  Well Nixie thought, it's now or never.

  The others in the room watched as Felix charged Bella, only to be cut off as a fist met his face and he was thrown backwards. They watched in awe as the tiny raven haired girl launched the vampire 3x her size with just one hit.

  Nixie let out a snarl as Felix stood back up and charged her this time.

  Edward was the one to stop him this time, ramming his body into Felix's. The large man was ready this time, gripping Edward by his cloak and tossing him into the stone bench against the wall.

  He stomped towards Edward, punching his fist through the bench and grabbing the gold eyed vampire by his neck and lifting him into the air. His wrist was gripped by a metal rope and he was forced the let go of Edward when the whip yanked his arm away. He growled at the girl at the other end of the rope, wrapping more of it around his arm before turning the tables and yanking her towards him.

  Nixie released Wanda before Felix pulled her too close, her body stopping just inches from his. She saw his hand making it's way to her face and ducked, throwing her own punch and nailing him in the side of the head. She ignored the growl he aimed at her and threw another punch, this time aiming for his chest.

  Felix caught her small hand in his and attempted to crush it, failing to do so when instead of trying to pull her hand out, Nixie jumped up and wrapped her legs around his neck, giving a hard twist and knocking him off balance.

  With the vampire now beneath her, she gripped his collar and threw his body into Edward's awaiting hands with a grunt.

  Edward and Felix fought, too fast for the human eye to see and Bella was left dizzy trying to watch. She gasped when it finally slowed down, noticing that Edward wasn't winning. She watched as Felix lifted Edward above his head before slamming him down into the stairs, creating a body sized hole.

  Felix gripped Edward's head in his hands, tilting his face to see Aro's. His legs shook when a weight was placed on his shoulders and feminine hands wrapped around his own head.

  Nixie tightened the hold she had on Felix, twisting slightly and smirking at the sound of cracking porcelain. She looked to the leader, waiting for his next call because the minute he ordered Edward's execution, she was ripping his guards head off.

  Aro watched the scene before him, ignoring Bella's cries as he stared at the girl holding his guards life in her hands. His eyes ran over her form, catching sight of a mark that was sticking out from under raised sleeve. "A protectress" he breathed, eyes wide as he finally connected the dots and looked to the human in the room.

  "How extraordinary" he gasped, thinking of what he witnessed today. "You would give up your life for someone like us. A vampire. A soulless monster."

  Bella glared, "you don't know a thing, about his soul."

  Aro chuckled, speaking in a language Bella couldn't understand. "This is a sadness" he mourned, "if only if were your intention to give her immortality."

  "Wait" Alice called, watching Aro step closer to Bella. "Bella will be one of us" she insisted, "I've seen it. I'll change her myself."

  Aro held his hand out for Alice to grab, focusing on the images racing through her mind. "Mesmerizing" he spoke, "to see what you have seen before it has happened."

  Nixie watched as Aro released Alice's hand and stood in front of Bella. "Your gifts will make for an intriguing immortal, Isabella." He clapped, Felix relapsing Edward and Nixie releasing Felix. "Go now. Make your preparations."

  "Let us be done with this" Marcus droned. "Heidi will arrive any moment. Thank you for your visit."

  "We will return the favor" Caius informed. "I would advise that you follow through on your promise soon. We do not offer second chances."

  The group of 4 rushed out of the room before they changed their minds. "Goodbye, my young friends" Aro called behind them.

  Nixie blanched as she watched the group of tourists enter the room and hearing their screams not even 2 seconds later.

  "Let's get the fuck out of here" Nixie demanded, pushing Bella even faster as they exited the church.

  **One more chapter after this one guys and New Moon will be finished! There's no doubt that as soon as I'm finished I'll be working on Eclipse. Finally a book where I can focus on Nixie and Jasper's relationship, YAY!! Thanks for the votes and reads! Love you lots❤️❤️**

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

59K 2K 25
"They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered." [F. Scott Fitzgerald] "Do you hate him? For what he did?" Despite wanting t...
245K 5.4K 17
"For so long I wondered what love, then you showed me how to love unconditionally." Book 1 | New Moon
141K 3.2K 26
'She is kind but strong, And that is where so many mistake her. They interpret her kindness for weakness And force her to show her strength.' •JmStor...
2.9K 216 12
She was someone who was contended in darkness She was fine with it, After all, her whole life was always being with it, she tried to escape it, for t...