Roommate || Kim Yohan

By kryptoniteee

"When Yoon Min is desperate for that scholarship to the point she'd live in the boys dormitory, many would th... More

author's note
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six (final)
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2
Epilogue - Part 3
2MEN

twenty-three

2K 100 22
By kryptoniteee

Trophy

--------------------

"Hmm let's see..." Yohan smirked before pulling the strings to her hoodie till only her lips were visible. It has almost been a semester but Min still wasn't used to hiding herself just to get to her room.

Min couldn't see because the fabric of her hoodie was blocking her eyes, so Yohan took this opportunity to steal a kiss from the girl. "Ya!" Min nearly shrieked before she took the hoodie off. Her heart can never get used to this adrenaline, every kiss with Yohan felt breathtaking and Min thought that she die of hyperventilation each time they did it.

"This is literally the 100th kiss I gave you and you're still this flustered?" the male teased before pinching her cheek. No words could describe how much he adored her, which was why he was going to do his best tomorrow.

To make her proud, to achieve his gold medal just for her. That gold medal wouldn't mean anything to him if he didn't get it for her.

"Honestly, I'm so whipped for you." Yohan admitted before taking her hand in his, interlocking their fingers. He brought their hands up and looked at her delicate fingers as though he was studying it.

"Why do you keep looking at my hand like that nowadays?" Min asked curiously, thinking back on the number of times Yohan just stared at her fingers, his eyebrows furrowed once in a while to indicate that he was thinking very deeply.

He simply shrugged and looked away, swinging their hands together as they walked into the direction of the dorms. Things got cut abruptly when their hands bumped into someone that was standing behind them.

"Kim Yohan." Upon hearing that demanding, deep, menacing tone, the male turned around immediately, the sight of the person in front of him proved his thoughts right.

Min turned around naturally to face the owner of the voice, surprised to who she sees.

Even though she didn't know much about Taekwondo, she knew that this man was a part of the director's board for Korea's Taekwondo association. Many thoughts filled her mind at that instant, like the way this man called out Yohan's name like that, the fact that he's standing here in the middle of the tracks at this timing.

The way Yohan stared at the man, and Min could only conclude one thing.

This man is Yohan's father.

"Let's go to the nearby cafe." The man suggested and Yohan said nothing and followed behind him quietly, his hand still holding tightly onto Min, pulling her along.

Yohan's father stopped in his tracks and turned to look at Min, his piercing gaze intimidated her and she took a small step back. "You should go."

"No she's coming with me." Yohan said firmly before pulling Min closer to him.

--------------------

"Here, you like this a lot." The older male tried to smile as he pushed a plate of cheesecake towards Yohan. He didn't show any reaction and this honestly scared Min a little.

The last time she had seen Yohan this cold was when she had set him up with Jisol mistakingly. If looks could kill, Yohan would already be a murderer. Sure he's a naturally cute guy that smiles like a bunny, but when he's this mad...it's the end game.

"When I was a child yeah." The atmosphere turned awkward again and Min honestly thought she was going to pass out from this thick intense air. The man turned his head to look at Min before looking back at Yohan.

"Your girlfriend?"

"Oh i'm actually just his frie-"

"She's my girlfriend, yes." To prove his point, he interlocked their fingers and their hands naturally rested on his knee, in open plain sight as if he was provoking his father.

"Enough young man. I'm not accepting such atrocious attitude coming from you. You better do well for tomorrow's competition. How many times have I told you that having a damn motorcycle is going to put you in danger? See what I mean? You injured your leg and wasted precious time when you could be training-"

"When I could be training, wasting precious time. Is that really all you see? Am I really just a trophy to you? Well guess what, behind that golden plated skin, I am your son and I have my dreams too. I got a motorcycle because you wouldn't bring me to places when you have a hired chauffeur. What's wrong with that? And when you knew I got hurt, you only care about the competition that you didn't even bother to ask me if i'm okay?"

Yohan's grip on Min's hand got harder and harder after each word he spat out. But Min endured it for him, since it felt like he had held those words in for a long time. He stood up, pulling Min up as well.

"Please don't come tomorrow. I don't think I will do well if I see your face. If you want me to get a gold medal, do me a favor and don't appear in front of my eyes." Min's eyes widened at those harsh words and before they both knew it, the older man stood up and raised his hand, slapping Yohan across the face.

The sound of the tight slap silenced everybody in the cafe.

"How dare you speak that way to me?" Yohan didn't bother to stay still any longer. He stormed out of the cafe, feeling as though his insides were about to explode.

Min quickly chased after him back into the school campus. Yohan began to run around the tracks, yelling out into the field, desperate to spill every single frustration out. She felt her heart ache, seeing him in such an anguish state.

I thought he was going to ask me if I was okay. Yohan wanted desperately to hear those words, to hear his father asking him if he was fine, or cheering him on for his competition tomorrow. But it was never that case.

He was just a golden trophy to his father for him to brag about and when the trophy turns rusty, he'd just throw it to some polishing service to do the work.

"Come on." Yohan mumbled exasperatedly to himself. His vision started to blur from his tears before he dropped onto the ground, the feeling of sadness overwhelming him.

Min laid on the floor next to him, her hand found his and squeezed it tightly, hoping that it would give him some sort of comfort. She was bad with her words so the only thing she could afford to support him with is her presence.

After a while on the ground, she got up and attempted to pull him up. "Yohan you need to get some good nights sleep for tomorrow! Plus are you going to miss out on my performance huh??"

Yohan heaved a sigh and when he got up, Min quickly buried her face in his chest and hugged him tightly, her hand patting his back soothingly.

"Its okay, everything's going to be okay."

--------------------

"Are you still sad?" Min pouted in the mirror as she blow dried Yohan's hair, loving the feeling of ruffling his soft locks. The male brought up a small smile to assure her before shaking his head. It almost feels as though someone punched him in the gut whenever he remembered the moment his father slapped him.

Yohan felt slightly regretful to say the words he had been holding in for so long. It was rude and he stood by a strong set of principles to always respect his elders, but there was no way he could feel okay if he had continued to keep it in.

He just wished that he could be on good terms with his father, and that his father could see him more as a son than an achievement. "I just feel like...a bad son." Yohan mumbled softly.

Min sighed as she turned Yohan around to face him, her thumb caressing his cheek where he got hit just now. "I think he felt bad for hitting you like that. Maybe he will come around soon? You know how fathers are usually bad at being affectionate right? I don't think he just sees you as a trophy, if not he wouldn't be so hurt when you spoke to him like that..."

Yohan looked down, feeling even more regretful now. Maybe if he didn't attempt to embark on the idol path, none of this would happen.

"Listen, tomorrow you're going out there to do your best okay? Not for your dad, not for me, but for yourself. As an elite taekwondo athlete, i'm sure you have high expectations for yourself right? So forget everything that happened today and just shine, like how you always do." Min's words of encouragement finally brought a genuine smile on his face as he nodded subtly.

"Anyway I think you're the coolest when you're on the ground sparring."

"I thought you found Hangyul cooler than me." Yohan reminded as he looked back on that day when she complimented Hangyul. Oh how jealous he was.

"That's because Jisol already complimented you!" Yohan let out a whine, making Min chuckle at his cute antics. Deep inside, she was glad that he was back to his cute normal self again. She had felt so relieved when she saw him smile to her words of encouragement.

Yohan had no idea how fast she had to phrase her words in her mind because she sucked at consoling people.

"Alright go to bed!!"

The male obliged to her words and quickly jumped into his bed before looking at her.

"Come here." Yohan said as he had his arms wide open. Min wasted no time in snuggling into the crook of his neck with her arms around his torso. They both know how much she loves to cuddle. "Hmm this feels nice..." Min mumbled, the vibration tickling Yohan's neck.

"Sweet dreams princess."

[ a/n: its x1's 100th day anniversary today!! Lets hope mnet brings us some good news soon ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 70 20
"Hi, My name is Kim Taehyung and I'm your roommate" What will you do when you find out that your roommate is the most popular guy in college? This s...
19.3K 785 11
where SOONHOON are not hiding their relationship but no one takes them seriously 😉 It's a short soonhoon fluffy fanfic with smut. please read at you...
11.9K 421 25
Kang Yeseul is a rhythmic gymnast studying at the sports university of Korea Cho seungyoun is a soccer player studying at the sports university of K...
1.3K 113 21
「🌠」 ❝see all the stars up there and the city below us? you deserve it all.❞ all jungsu wanted was to make seungmin realize that he was good enough...