thirty-five

Closure

--------------------

"You guys don't sleep together like this when you're at school right?" There was nothing more threatening than an asian mom with a wooden stick in her hand, pacing back and forth between the couple who was kneeling on the ground apologetically.

Yohan got flustered but tried not to show it as he maintained his hard stare on the ground. He figured that if he had looked right into her mother's eyes, she would be able to see through him. On the other hand, his girlfriend lets out a ridiculous scoff, denying it very naturally.

What did Min tell her mother about the incident exactly?

The male hoped that Eunsang wouldn't be smart enough to piece the information Yohan had spilled the previous night, or even if he is that smart, he would be quick witted enough to keep it a secret.

"Stand up." the older lady's voice came out firmly and the two obliged without hesitation and stood up while stealing glances at each other.

Min's mother stood in between them on purpose before ordering everybody to leave the living room so that she could talk to Yohan privately, in which he got slightly fearful. Many ridiculous thoughts passed through his brain in a second, like what if she asks Yohan to break up with Min?

"Yohan." Min's mother began.

Deafening silence followed suit before she heard Yohan literally gulp a lump down his throat. Just as she was about to continue, the male quickly interrupted, eyes screwed shut as though he was afraid to see her reaction.

"I'm very very sorry for everything mother, I mean Mrs Yoon. I'm sorry that I couldn't come earlier to save Min and failed to protect her. I know it's hard to ask for forgiveness but please do not ask me to break up with your daughter I really wouldn't know what to do without her I really really love her."

Yohan didn't dare to open his eyes but the continued silence was killing him. Why isn't she saying anything? Frustrated and curious, he peeks by slightly opening an eye, only to see the older lady in front of him laughing.

Now both his eyes were wide open in disbelief and confusion. "Why...are you laughing?"

"Because, I never thought of asking you to break up with my daughter." The look of amusement was still evident on the older lady's face. Yohan could only drop his jaw awkwardly before nodding to himself with a mental note that he had probably looked like an idiot the whole time.

"But with that, i'm reassured. Thank you for being with my daughter, even though she can be a handful." She lets out a hearty laugh which surprised Yohan for the first time since the only expression he ever saw on her was a frown.

He disagreed with her statement about Min humbly. "Oh no, i'm the one that's not good enough. Min is perfect to me."

"You sure know your way around your words do you, young man?" And with that she scoffs jokingly before patting him on the shoulder, delighted to know that her daughter has a reliable boyfriend.

--------------------

"Come back to school. They are releasing you from your suspension." Yohan lets out a small grunt in response to his father as he looked down to his feet, kicking the small pebbles on the ground. The disappointment overweighed the delight since this meant that he wouldn't be able to see Min until who knows when.

As ridiculous as it sounded, he actually enjoyed spending time with Min rather than doing taekwondo. Yohan was a taekwondo enthusiast and he had never thought of quitting besides the time he got passionate in being an idol.