thirty-four

Hand in hand

--------------------

min.

Sand? The sound of the ocean waves made me look up and I finally begin to register just where the hell I was. The beach. I scrunched my toes and true enough, I could feel the sand falling in between the gaps of my toes, making me think this is all real.

This was the day where I went to the beach with Yohan and Hangyul. This was the day I had my first kiss with Yohan. Had everything that happened afterwards been a dream? I allowed my fingers to collect the windy breeze as I eyed at the people around me.

Just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, I placed my finger in my mouth, tasting the saltiness of the ocean that the air had carried around. I then proceeded to pinch my cheeks real hard, but no matter what I did, I was still in the same place, wide awake.

Everything was a dream?

I'm back to the beginning?

I spot Yohan and Hangyul talking to their seniors before sighing in relief. At least they're here with me, well since I have a chance to start over, I ain't screwing myself up again.

But wasn't today the day I met Jaekwon—

"Hello." a whisper in my ears sent shivers down my spine.

I whipped my head around and saw the bastard that made my life a living hell. The only thing I wanted to do right now was to slap him so hard across the face like what he had did to me, but I knew I would get into trouble, especially when his father is part of the school's director board, so I held myself back.

"Kang Jaekwon. I'm here with my boyfriend. Get out of my face." I spat as I backed away slowly. My ferociousness had him appalled as he cocked his head backwards, as though he wasn't expecting me to say that.

Of course he didn't. He thought that I was a vulnerable prey.

Jaekwon lets out a scoff, finding it all too pathetic before he turned to look at me again, this time with that same menacing glare. It took all the strength in my body to not cower in fear.

I have to stay strong.

Jaekwon began walking closer to me, and all of a sudden I find myself frozen, literally. It was as though my body was not under my possession, I couldn't move an inch and could only look at the monster in front of me.

"Boyfriend? Look around, Yoon Min. Its just you and me." Jaekwon glowered before he flashed me a sick twisted smile which made my stomach churn. When I am able to finally turn my head, I notice that everyone in the beach had disappeared into thin air, even Yohan and Hangyul.

Just as I began to panic, I finally realized.

This is all a dream.

People don't just disappear.

Yoon Min, wake up.

I clenched my jaw, my anxiety increasing by the milliseconds as Jaekwon came closer and closer. I need to wake up before he reaches me, please, Min. Wake the fuck up.

My tears started to fill my eyes as rage started to take over me. All I want is to wake up from this nightmare. I screwed my eyes shut, my fists clenched and my nails were digging into my palm as I chanted in my head to wake up.

I let out a big exhale, not knowing that I had been holding my breath in for who knows how long. However, even though I was facing the ceiling of my room, relieved that my journey with Yohan wasn't a dream and that Jaekwon would not be able to hurt me anymore, I still wasn't able to move.