five

Close Contact

--------------------

"Alright alright settle down everyone. The real ice breaking is just about to begin." a senior yelled through the megaphone. Everyone had already checked their class so all they needed to do was to find the signboard that had their department and their class number.

Holy shit everyone is so pretty. Min gulped, looking at the girls in her class. She plopped herself onto the grass as she sat all the way at the end of the line. The class right next to hers was the beginning of the Taekwondo department, and Min thought that Yohan would be seated near her since that always happened but she couldn't see him anywhere at all.

"This orientation is pretty crappy..." the guy that sat down next to her as he was talking to somebody else. His husky voice rang the biggest bell in Min's head as she turned to look at him. It was deep-voice dude next door.

Is my life being turned into some wattpad fiction now. Min mentally rolled her eyes, feeling sick and tired of school life already. Maybe things will get better after a semester, or so she hoped. "Hi." the guy beside beamed as he smiled, totally different from his intimidating self the other day.

He looks gangster without even doing anything.

"Hi." Min greeted back awkwardly. All around she was just kind of an awkward potato.

"Shitty orientation right. Everyone thinks i'm from weightlifting. How does this school even roll and like where do they get the idea that guessing departments was fun?" he complained as he shook his head. The guy in front of him nodded furiously with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Right?! People think i'm an ice skater. It hurts my gymnast pride." Min chided as she couldn't help but agree.

The seniors had to take care of administrative issues so the freshmen sat in the glaring sun for about 20 minutes before the games began. Within the 20 minutes of talking to deep voice dude, Min concluded that he was safe to talk to and wasn't an asshole nor a creep. She also learned that his name is Hangyul.

For the first game, two classes had to be paired up with each other and since the rhythm gymnastics major had an odd number of classes, the last class had to pair up with the first Taekwondo class. Some guys were smirking and some girls were squealing because well, they probably found some eye candy to interact with.

Everyone quickly formed a huge circle and had to hold hands with each other. Min on the other hand had a slow sense of reality, so before she knew it, she became that last girl that had to hold hands with a guy. "Goddammit." she cursed under her breath. She looked at Hangyul and he shrugged, putting his hand out to her.

She reluctantly puts her hand in his before holding the other girl's hand. Soon, they later learned that they would be playing that stupid hula hoop game where everyone has to go through the hoop without releasing hands.

"Isn't this middle school orientation things? Can't the seniors think of anything better really?" Hangyul groaned in annoyance.

"I know right!" Min agreed enthusiastically since they were both on the same page of anti socialism.

--------------------

Next up was a game of dodgeball and the classes had to mix up again, which Min felt that it was a pity since she and Hangyul communicated on the same frequency. Heck she enjoys talking to Hangyul more than Yohan since Yohan was always either nagging at her or annoying her.

Some kdrama moment happened to the girl next to Min where the dude acted as a human shield for her. Well she couldn't blame him, that girl looked like a goddess. After that girl was eliminated, Min was all alone.