eight

Love at first sight

--------------------

[ yohan. ]

When she laughed at me, I found her awfully familiar. It felt like an electric pulse that kickstarted my heart because I swore I saw that smile before.

"I am Yoon Min, I'm a girl and I am your roommate."

Having a girl as my roommate? Is that supposed to be normal?

"You have got to be kidding me." I blurted out without thinking, only to find it pretty rude afterwards. The girl in front of me lets out a pout, scratching her head because she probably doesn't know what to do know.

Yoon Min...Min...? Min....

All realization dawned upon me. She was the girl I fell in love with at first sight. She's that...rhythm gymnast!

She's going to be my roommate?

Oh god.

What.

Holy-

My body acted upon my nervousness and I spun her around and pushed her out of the room. Slamming the door and putting my forehead against it.

3 years ago

"Hey i'm going to the toilet." I informed the rest of my friends before heading towards the back of the stadium. This festival was making me nervous. Heck it has always made me nervous, I always got my silver here, escaping gold from just a point.

My ears perked up to some music that was softly being played right behind the toilet. Out of curiousity I decided to just look at the corner of the wall.

I swore I stopped breathing.

She was dressed in a light pink costume, her hair beautifully bunned and the side of her hair was curled and stuck on at the side of her face. She turned on her toes, letting the string follow her turn till it looked like it was circling her.

My face instantly turned hot.

I didn't know why I was acting this way. I've seen plenty of rhythm gymnast throughout my years attending this festival. What makes her so special?

Before we both knew it, she ungracefully fell, and I being the dumb dense guy, immediately ran up to her and forgetting that I was looking at her secretly in the first place.

"Are you okay?" I asked, keeping a distance in case she's totally creeped out by me.

"Oh...yeahhh." she lets out a chuckle, probably finding her fall stupid. She tries to get up again but falls due to a sudden sharp pain in her ankle.

"Oh no. Don't tell me." she gasped before feeling her ankle. Her facial expression came out rather confused and I immediately knew what was the problem.

"Can I help? I think I know whats wrong." I offered. She looks up at me hesitantly for a while before nodding eventually. She extended her leg towards me and I carefully placed my hand on her ankle.

I moved her foot around and looked at her face, making sure she wasn't in any pain. I pushed her foot downwards before pushing it back up quickly. "Try to walk." I asked her and she stood up perfectly fine like nothing ever happened.

"Oh wow. Thanks!" her eyes turned into creases as she smiled at me, making me go into some heart frenzy all over again.

"Uhhh...d-do you want some muscle relaxant spray just in case?" I didn't know why I stammered but I hope she doesn't think too weirdly of it.