thirty-six (final)

Roommates

--------------------

min.

I flinched when I heard the off tune shriek at the other end of the field. My eyes winced to get a better look at who it is, and it turned out to be Jisol. I felt bad for ignoring her calls throughout my break since I minimized all contact with my friends from school.

The only bridge of communication from me to everyone else is probably through Seungyoun.

I waved my hand at her excitedly, feeling the rage I had earlier on dissipate as though it was nothing, surprising myself as well. That added on to my delight, to know that I was finally able to move on. It's a blessing to know that my body is starting to go into this phase of acceptance.

Jisol sprints towards me across the field, the fastest I have ever seen her since all she does during our trainings is speed walk. I spot Hangyul beside her as well and my smile only grew wider. Oh how I have missed my friends dearly.

I almost tumble backwards from the impact of Jisol's sprint when she crashed into my arms and when she pulled me into a hug, my body doesn't react in a way that it did for the past few weeks.

"I haven't seen you in forever!!" Jisol squealed excitedly after she pulled away to look at my face. The overwhelming feeling of reuniting with my friends almost brought me tears again but I didn't want to cry to this happy occasion.

"Are you officially coming back to school?"

Nodding my head, I begin to think about going home to give Eunsang a great big hug before packing my bags and coming back to Seoul, moving into the female dorms and resuming my rhythm gymnastics training.

The whole process of training and preparing for upcoming events and competitions felt exhilarating, and I can't wait to have that feeling back in my chest.

Hangyul gave me a fist bump when he came close enough. Hearing bits and pieces of news from Seungyoun, I knew that Hangyul had been spending more time with Yohan throughout the past weeks that I've been gone.

To know that my friends had waited for my come back and prayed for my recovery reminds me how beautiful this friendship is, and I am so ever grateful and beyond elated to have met them.

I feel an arm snaking around my waist and tugging me away from Jisol. "How was it?" When I saw the concern in his eyes, I immediately reassured him that I was okay by holding his face and placing a chaste kiss on his lips, with my lips lingering on his for a short moment, I was able to feel him smiling through it, making my heart flutter once more.

"I got an apology from Jaekwon and the settlement money. But you know what was the best takeaway from seeing him? I'm no longer afraid."

Yohan gave me the proudest look ever as he caressed my head gently, knowing that we have finally passed this phase, hand in hand just like how I wanted.

"Anyway, the student union are starting to open registrations for the new year masquerade party this Saturday. Min why don't you come as a celebration for your return to school?" Hangyul intervened the romantic moment and I had momentarily forgotten that Yohan and I weren't alone.

Crap I have to stop thinking that we're in our own world.

A masquerade party? I immediately frowned and sighed.

"Its okay you don't have to come if you feel very stressed about that." Jisol quickly assured me, not wanting the happy reunion to die down so quickly.