twenty-five

Me After You

--------------------

The final round commenced immediately with everybody at the edge of their seats. It seemed like the two athletes couldn't wait to get this over and done with, highly exhausted.

With their last splurge of energy, they did their best and Yohan was a few points below his opponent. If the guy before him was tough, Kwon Soonyoung was even tougher to beat and for a moment, everybody thought Yohan was going to lose.

"Please..." Min begged silently as her hands were tightly clasped together, her fingers digging into her skin from anxiety. Even Jisol, who was used to seeing Yohan like this, was sweating from the suspense.

Soonyoung accidentally came too close, allowing Yohan to do a spinning head kick and snagging 4 points. The opponent tried to do a head kick as well but missed Yohan by a literal hair. He hooked his leg and earned a point by kicking Yohan's back.

Min gasped when Yohan got unexpectedly kicked by the arm, another point going to the opponent as Soonyoung tried to catch up but after what felt like an eternity, the timer hits zero and the entire stadium roared with cheers and claps.

Yohan thrusted his arms up in triumph with the brightest smile plastered on his face before going to Soonyoung and giving him a pat on the back. "You are very very good. I hope we will get to compete against each other again." The blonde hair athlete said as he nodded in approval of Yohan's skills.

The kendo competition went on as scheduled and the festival ended shortly after an hour with the award ceremony. Min's jaw dropped when she saw the whopping $10,000 cash prize that Yohan was holding onto when the presenter gave him his gold medal, wondering if that was why he's so determined to win.

When the festival officially ended, Min didn't waste any time in running to wherever Yohan is, and the male did the same. The two were inseparable as she jumped into Yohan's arms gleefully. The joy they shared was indescribable and it made their hearts jump weirdly.

"Let me look at your face..." Min mumbled as she pulled away to see if he attained any bruises from that head kick. "Any longer and i'm going to deadass vomit on you, Yoon Min." Surprised by the sudden voice, they both pulled away to see Seungyoun standing behind them and giving them the look.

Oh shit, he doesn't know about me and Yohan too. "You." he pointed straight at Min before presenting a bouquet of flowers from his back. His eyes darted to Jisol who was coming to Min's side and smirked. "That was a beautiful performance..." he paused.

"—sorry bestie but let me." Seungyoun plucked a single flower from the bouquet before giving it to Jisol. She widened her eyes, not knowing whether or not to accept this small gesture.

"You're art itself. I'm glad you held your chin up high." Seungyoun genuinely smiled, pushing the flower forward in hopes for her to accept it.

Jisol found this utterly cheesy and flustering but she accepted the flower anyway, not wanting to seem rude. She turned to look at Min to see that her best friend was just as confused as she was. "—you're not allowed to ask me anything because...what's this?" Seungyoun raised an eyebrow as he pointed at Min and Yohan.

"Oh uhh..." She didn't know how to introduce Yohan yet since they weren't officially dating yet.

"I'm her boyfriend." Yohan announced nonchalantly. Naturally, Min snapped her head to look in Jisol's reaction, quite scared but she was on her phone, texting.

Before Seungyoun could even react, Min's mother and aunt appeared, giving her a big hug. "Happy birthday dear...i've missed you so much." Min's mother said as her hug around her daughter tightened. Due to the distance between Seoul and their hometown, Min couldn't really go back home very often, maybe only once a semester.