twenty-one

Smitten

--------------------

Split jumps?

Perfect.

Turns?

Perfect.

Catches?

Wonderful.

The coach couldn't help but smile when she saw the flawless routine. The music finally came to a stop and Min and Jisol did their final pose, complementing each other with their arched backs.

The sound of clapping surprised the two girls, especially Min. They quickly got up and saw the coach smiling proudly as she clapped. The reactions of the other rhythm gymnasts were baffling as they never thought they'd see the coach clap for Min.

"That was beautiful. Did something good happen to you Min? Because you're literally glowing." the compliment pasted a smile on the female's face.

For the past week Min had been eating healthy and working out to shave off any extra weight while striving to be fit. As she worked out, she helped Yohan with his physiotherapy as well and he can walk a small distance without his clutches now.

It's not much, but at this rate Yohan would be able to get back into training for the competition.

"Her love life is blooming." Jisol pointed out with a cheeky smile and everyone around ooo'ed in unison.

The coach laughed as well and Min swore she never saw the coach any happier. Min was always the black sheep and sometimes she wondered how she even got the scholarship. She always felt ashamed whenever she did her routines with Jisol because Jisol was perfect.

"Keep this up and I will give you a solo." The girl widened her eyes as she looked at Jisol, flustered. Jisol returned her reaction with another smile as she felt nothing but proud for her bestfriend.

The two girls walked peacefully towards the cafeteria, the weather was great, the air felt fresh and it was just two of them on the tracks.

"You're really happy huh. That smile hasn't gone away since just now." Jisol pointed out when she saw Min smiling to herself.

"Ahh, is that right? No wonder my cheeks are starting to ache." Min dropped the smile as she massaged her cheeks with her finger, causing Jisol to chuckle. The latter quickly placed a hand over her shoulder and hugged her from the side.

"I'm glad you're happy."

"Ya if anyone sees this they might think you have a crush on me or something."

"Well not gonna lie, I do like you more than Yohan." Jisol winked playfully but before they could play around any further, a pair of hands pushed them away from each other, making space for one to fit in between.

"Please Jisol, I don't want anymore competition. Seungwoo was enough." Min recognized that voice immediately without even having to turn. Her heart began to thump rapidly and the undeniable feeling of butterflies filled her stomach.

The sight of Yohan without clutches and is dashingly in his uniform made her so happy. Perhaps that was why Min was determined to do well in rhythm gymnastics, so that she could make him proud.

"Hi." That one awkward word caused them to chuckle endearingly at each other. Yohan's eyes turning into creases before he covered his face in embarrassment. Min on the other hand crouched down, utterly shy from this new experience.

"Aigoo...look at those two. Utterly smitten for each other." Hangyul muttered as he shook his head.

"Min are you going to abandon me now that you have Yohan?" Jisol whined before she pouted. Min laughed and quickly got up from the floor before running towards Jisol and hugging her.