Relentless (Jasper Hale) {UND...

By IThoughtUSaidWeast

Nixie Dovers was the flame that lit Jasper Hales fire. With one task in mind Nixie didn't expect to fall for... More

Hello(:
Tragedy Strikes
Into the Life of a Protector
I.O
I.I
I.II
I.III
I.IV
Hero Hair
"Sup Eddy"
The Cullens
What the Hell?
We All Have Our Secrets
"I'm Sorry"
Eddy to the Rescue
Protectors out of the Bag
His Salvation
Shark-bait Hoo Ha Ha
" I Didn't See Them"
Life With You
"I Told You So"
The Bee and Her Honey
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
New Moon
Mending Broken Pieces
Hollow Eyes
"You're Pathetic"
The Pack
"Slowly Release the Clutch..." *CRASH*
Love Squares and Marshmallows
An Eye for an Eye
"Freaked Out Yet?"
"I'm Sorry I Failed You"
Visions
"You're a Real Piece of Work"
Let's Go Home
Bonus Chapter #3
Eclipse
Cast
Ice Cream Date
With Guilt Comes Pain
Unlikely Friendship
"Another Protection Detail?!"
"I Will Love You Forever"
A Decisions Been Made
"Your First Time?!"
Something Wicked This Way Comes
"It's Okay"
Love Will Remember You
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #5
**NOT AN UPDATE**
Breaking Dawn Part 1
God's Work
Flightless Bird
"Something's Wrong.."
The Impossible Becomes Possible
No Tears Left to Cry
You Are The Reason
Clock is Ticking
A Little Hope
Be Still My Beating Heart
"You Weren't Supposed to Leave Me"
Something I Want
Bonus Chapter #6
Bonus Chapter #7
Breaking Dawn Part 2
"How Could You?"
"I Did It"
Forgive Me
Witnesses
"Oh, Brother.."
Mommy Issues
Nixie-1, Fried Brain-1
Battle vs. War
"Just Say the Words..."
"Let's Get F*cking Married"
"You're My Home"
Bonus Chapter #8
Bonus Chapter #9
Alternate Ending
Book 2 of the Nixie Dovers Series

Happy Birthday Old Hag

12.5K 362 48
By IThoughtUSaidWeast

Bella lied in her bed, soft snores leaving her lips as her dreams were haunted by the one thing she couldn't run away from, time. Her body writhed in agony at her thoughts but she couldn't seem to wake herself from the never ending torture. That is until a certain raven haired protector flung her door open with such brutal force, the door handle left a slight dent in the wall.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DE-"

Bella sat up with a gasp, eyes frantically looking to her hands. Seeing no wrinkles, her wild eyes rested on her best friend who'd barged into her room and was currently screaming at the top of her lungs.

" -AR BELLLLLAAAAAAA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, YOU OLD HAAAAAAG."

Charlie walked in behind the protector, letting out a chuckle at the girls words before greeting his daughter, "happy birthday Bells" he spoke, a pink tint making its way to his cheeks.

Bella let out a sigh, but thanked her dad nonetheless before glaring sharply at Nixie who was still yelling about her being an old hag.

"Gosh Bells, what the hell are you gonna do now, 18, holy shit, you might wanna invest in some anti-aging cream it's about that time." Nixie rambled, trying to get a rise out of the birthday girl, and judging by the glare she was receiving, it seemed to be working.

  Bella let out a scoff at Nixie's words, taking another look at her non-wrinkled hands, "what about you Nix?" She questioned, "you've been 18 for a few months already, I'm sure you're gonna need that anti aging before I do" she threw back.

  Nixie let out a loud guffaw before wrapping her arm around Charlie's shoulder and sending a smile towards Bella. "Ah Bella, that's where you're wrong, see unlike Charlie and I, who age like perfectly fine wine, you're gonna age like milk. You'll be goin strong for a while, beautiful and all that shit, until one day out of nowhere you look into the mirror and instead of that spring chicken look you had the night before, you're gonna look like a wrinkly old ball-sack."

  Bella's eyes about popped out of their sockets, gasping at her best friends words before unwillingly letting out a loud cackle. "Oh my God Nixie!" She yelled, still laughing, "my dads in here!"

  Nixie joined in on Bella's laughter, tears building at the edges of her eyes when she got a look at Charlie's beet red face as he shuffled awkwardly in the corner, only making her laugh harder.

  As soon as the laughter had quieted, Charlie shoved the gifts he was holding into Bella's face, attempting to steer the conversation.

  "I thought we agreed no presents" Bella whined, begrudgingly taking the gifts from her dad's hands.

  Charlie scoffed, "well the one from me isn't even wrapped so that doesn't count" he defended, handing her the camera he'd purchased.

  Bella smiled at her dad's sneakiness, grabbing the camera out of his hand, "that's actually great" she admitted, "thanks dad."

  Charlie shrugged off his daughters thanks before handing her the other gift, "it goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated" he thought for a moment before correcting himself, "well.. she coordinated me."

  Nixie watched Bella rip the wrapping paper off her gift, impatiently waiting for her to finish so she could give her the one she bought.

  "It's to put your pictures in from senior year" Charlie explained as Bella eyeballed the empty photo album. The man let out a sigh at his own words, "Senior year. How'd you get so old so fast?"

  Bella quickly defended herself, "I didn't. It's not that old."

  Sensing the actual panic in Bella's voice, Nixie shoved her wrapped gift into Bella's face, distracting her from her apparent mid life crisis. "Open mine Bells! I didn't agree to the no gift rule so here!" She watched as Bella tore the wrapping and opened the box, gasping as she spotted what was inside.

  "Oh my God, Nixie!" She spoke, mouth hanging open as she gingerly reached inside the box and removed the gift for Charlie to see as well.

  In Bella's hand, sat a beautiful crystal pendant that was clasped onto a gold chain. Upon closer inspection, Bella realized there was a form of liquid inside the crystal. It was stunning and it was 100% real, she couldn't even imagine how much this must've costed.

  Nixie smiled at her best friend, reaching forward and grabbing the necklace, "here" she offered before clasping the necklace around Bella's neck. It fit perfectly, hanging just low enough to be hidden beneath Bella's high collared shirt. She felt Bella's arms reach around her and bringing her into a tight hug. "Thank you Nixie" she whispered. And Nixie felt the warmth that filled her heart as she hugged her best friend back, "love ya Bells."

  Bella gave another quick squeeze before releasing Nixie from her grasp, "love you too Nix."

  Charlie coughed, breaking up the best friends moment before he pointed towards Bella, "hey Bells, hate to burst your bubble but I think I spot a gray hair comin in."

  Nixie laughed as she heard Bella gasp, hurdling herself off of her bed and in front of the mirror, frantically searching her head for the gray hair as Charlie left the room giggling.

"That was a good one" Nixie chuckled.
                                           ***
  Bella and Nixie exited the orange rust bucket once they parked in the school lot. Looking over, Nixie spotted Bella's group of friends and pursed her lips. She loved Angela, and Eric was nice enough, but she still didn't love the idea of spending anymore time with Mike and Jessica. Spotting her handsome southerner a couple rows down, she whispered happy birthday to Bella once more before skipping over to her mate. Noticing his back was turned, Nixie's steps got a little faster before she leaped onto Jasper's back, latching her legs around his waist and swerving her head to the side and placing a kiss on his cheek. "Good morning" she cheekily stated.

  Jasper didn't even hear Nixie approaching so when she had launched herself onto his back he hastily wrapped his hands around her thighs, holding her up. He let of a chuckle before turning his head and placing a proper kiss on her lips, ignoring the eyes on them. You'd think with them dating for a few months short of a year, people would find something better to gawk at, but no, they still stared at the duo as if seeing a couple for the first time. "Good morning darlin" he spoke, his southern drawl causing butterflies to erupt in her stomach.

  Sliding off Jasper's back, Nixie moved in front of him as she smiled, "are you excited for tomorrow?" She quizzed, barely able to contain her excitement.

  Jasper jokingly pondered her question, "hmmm, what's tomorrow again?" Already knowing the answer.

  Nixie rolled her eyes, "you know way tomorrow is ya doof!" She half yelled with a small giggle.

  "Nahhh" he teased, "I think I need a reminder."

  She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him flush against her before leaning towards his ear, "someones ancient ass is turning 161" she whispered, teasingly biting Jasper's earlobe.(I actually looked it up and Jasper's birthday really is the day after Bella's, I never knew that!) Nixie left a trail of kisses up the side of Jasper's face before greedily meeting his lips. She had went through absolute hell to get Jasper's birthday present and she could barely keep it a secret.

  Jasper didn't oppose to the kiss, matching Nixie's energy as he returned it. Pulling back he placed a hand on Nixie's cheek and kissed her forehead. "It's not a big deal darlin. I've had plenty of birthdays and nothings changed this year except having you, and that's all I need" he told her in all honesty. Jasper didn't care for his birthday, he'd already had 120 of them, what was another year? All he needed was his family and Nixie and his greatest wishes were already true.

  Nixie gasped as if he had shocked her, giving her boyfriend the evil eye and growling, "Jasper Whitlock, if you try to spoil my fun of spoiling you for your birthday I'll set Alice on your ass." Sending him one more glare, she lightly tapped his butt, ignoring the shocked look he sent her, and made her way inside the school.
                                             ***
  Nixie stood at the end of the stairway, waiting for Bella to make her way inside with Edward. Jasper stood beside her, arm thrown over her shoulder as he stared down the hallway, eyeballing the sea of teenagers. Nixie's head perked up hearing a certain broody vampires voice, "how come Jacob Black can give you a gift and I can't" she heard Edward ask Bella. Nixie let out an unladylike snort at his words before resting her eyes on the chain she had bought Bella that was securely wrapped around the brunettes neck. That crystal was more than just for show, it contained a liquid inside that would definitely come in handy one day.

  "Don't be upset Eddy" she teased the vampire as they got closer, "nothing you get her would top mine anyway."

  Edward let out out a chuckle before turning to his girlfriend, "you even let Nixie get you a gift?" He joked.

  Bella gave Nixie a glare before defending herself, "hey, have you tried saying no to Nixie? Okay, it's like trying to convince a bear not to eat you, it's not possible."

  Before any of them could retort at the true statement, a tinkling voice cut in, "Bella!" Alice made her way down the steps Nixie was leaning against. Instead of going all the way down she gripped the handrail before throwing her body over the side and landing in the middle of them. "Happy birthday" she exclaimed as she rushed to give the girl a hug.

  "Alice" Bella hissed, looking around to see if anyone heard her. When no one glanced their way she relaxed and hugged her pixie like friend back. She looked to the gift Alice had shoved her way and sighed. "I thought I said no presents" she protested, but took the gift anyway.

  Alice smiled, "I've already seen you open it, and guess what, you love it" she gloated. "You're gonna wear it tonight. Our place."

  Bella stared at the group, thinking of an excuse in her head. Before she could spit one out Alice cut her off again, "c'mon please" she begged.

  Nixie saw her best friends hesitation and shoved her elbow into Jasper's side. When he looked to her she sent him a wink before nodding towards Bella.

  Catching her hint, Jasper focused on Bella's emotions and threw in a little persuasion.

  "Okay. All right" she caved, ignoring the strange change of emotions.

  "Great" Alice exclaimed, "okay I'll see you at 7:00!" She turned towards Nixie and Jasper and linked her arm with Nixie's and winked at them.

  Bella finally caught on, "Jasper" she complained, "no fair with the mood control thing!"

  Jasper let out a small chuckle, "sorry Bella" he apologized, no sincerity in his voice whatsoever. "Happy.....nevermind" he cut himself off seeing the look on her face. Turning to his 2 favorite girls and catching up to them.

** I don't know if you guys can see the pic but if you can, that's the necklace Nixie got Bella😁 This chapters kinda short but it's just a little filler(; I still can't get over the fact that Jasper's birthday is the day after Bella's, you guys already know what's gonna happen😭**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2.4K 13
"I Understood Why You Left But We Still Found Our Way Back To Each Other." Book 2 | New Moon
11.2K 721 7
Jace is the younger twin to Jasper Whitlock by a minute. Together they join the war with Jace disguising herself to look like a man which wasn't hard...
400K 12.6K 64
What happens when a French high school student gets into some "mischief" with a couple of beautiful vampires? Tatum and Bailey Fernsby have just star...
326K 7.9K 15
"I fell in love with you because you loved me when I couldn't love myself." Book 1 |Twilight|