Hostage

By Chaymurphy

[Highest ranking:#238 in romance,#407 in death] A hostage without chains. That was the weight of the crowns w... More

The Monroe Party
The Monroe Party (II)
Drowned
The Talk
Guarantee
Truths
The Price.
The Invitation
AUTHORS NOTE
Death Is All Around You
Gone, Gone, Gone!
Broken
The Bright Side
Together Forever
Here's To Family
Ready When You Are
The Announcement.
Wide Awake
What's your Story?
Marshall Arts School
Ruby
The Fortune Teller
Strangers.
The Best Friend
A New Life
The day it all began
Additional chapter
Gone
Envelope
Secret Admirer
Imperfect Illusion
Oxford university
Words
Reopening scars
Thinking Out Loud
Another Gone
The Detective
Back To The Start
You Don't Belong Here
Party At O'Riley's
Stuck In A Nightmare
Anything In This World
The Perfect Moment
I Still Care About You
Foreigners
School Trip
Revealing Secrets
Bahamas
Lowkey Talking
Moments
Does He Make You Happy?
Vana IllusΓ­on
Revenge Stunt Gone Wrong
I Thought That We Were Forever.
Lost
Favourites
I Choose You.
Comouflage
Love Is Sacrifice
Bad For You
Bandanas
Truths Come Out.
Nothing Else Matters
Hickey(s)
Fuck Family
The Beginning
Make Things Better
If I Tossed A Coin
Just Maybe
A Whole New World
Monster
The Second First Time
Hot and Cold
On The Rocks.
This Isn't Netflix
Because He Loves Us
Ruled Off
A Step Closer
What Tells A Story More Than A Painting?
It All Goes Downhill.
The Sad Reality
Whiskey And Kisses
If You Love Me
Certainty
One Step Forward,Ten Steps Back.
A Piece Of You
Hades
One For All
Hurting
The End Of It All
The End Of It All (II)
If I Have You
Unconditional Love
Psychotic Jason
Redemption
10:20AM
Dre Lives On
Final Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter II
Bonus Chapter III
Bonus Chapter IV

Everyone Has A Story.

1.4K 72 4
By Chaymurphy

Jason's POV

"You have arrived at your destination. "

I let my eyes survey the small neighborhood the moment my Audi R8 came to a steady spot in front of a small bungalow.

My eyebrows creased as I glanced down at my GPS tracker and then back at the apartment.

Had I entered in the wrong address?

Reaching for my phone, I retrieved Ruby's text message and then read through it one more time.

I was pretty sure I was in the right place.

So what exactly was it?

I turned my attention back to the apartment in front of me,letting my eyes take in the white craftsman bungalow in front of me.

A small garden adorned the side,where an oddly familiar Mercedes Benz was parked.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding and then ran my index finger across my left eyebrow.

She was here.

It was a classic house,I couldn't take that away.

But Eleanor Kent was one of the world's best fashion designers. And Ruby,well, Ruby used to be one of the most sought after ballerinas two years ago.

So what was she doing in a place like this?

I flicked my tongue and then shook my head, reminding myself that I was only here because I needed a break from the real world.

I couldn't have myself get bothered by anything else.

Pulling my seatbelt off,I alighted from the car and made my way to the front door. I climbed up the short flight of stairs and then reached for the doorbell. I pushed it slowly and pursed my lip, tucking my hands in the back pocket of my jeans. I could feel my feet tracing circles on the porch through my air jordans.

Drawing in a deep breath, I bit down on my lower lip and then forced the corners of my lip upwards into a smirk.

Because that was what I did best.... faking it.

The door opened partially almost immediately and Ruby stepped out,her hair parked in a loose ponytail, strands of her hair framing her face.

I furthered my gaze,taking in the sight of her in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black tube top.

Aside from the party and the dinner at my house,this was the first time I'd seen her in something other than her school uniform and unlike the other times I'd seen her,she wasn't wearing any make-up.  Today, I could see the small cluster of freckles that adorned each side of her cheek. Today, I noticed her eyelashes.. long, blonde eyelashes that contrasted her light brown hair.

I felt my eyebrows crease.

Ruby Kent was indeed full of surprises.

I could feel her eyes take me in too, finally stopping on my left arm. I followed her gaze and then felt a smile crawl it's way to my cheek.

She'd never seen my tattoo before.

"You know,if you're done undressing me in your head, I'd like to step away from the sun now. " I smirked.

She raised her eyes instantly, her gaze locking with mine. Her eyes watched me curiously, intently and  suddenly,I felt like she could see right through me...like she could see the broken pieces inside of me.

And I hated it.

I hated that I was feeling this way.

Pulling my hand out of my back pocket,I ran my finger across my eyebrow and then  cleared my throat.

As if on cue,she blinked and then looked away,her cheeks turning a slight shade of red. I watched her bite down on her lower lip and then take a step backwards, further into the house.

"Come in." She said after a few seconds. "But don't touch anything." She added cautiously. I raised an eyebrow as I followed her in and then watched her disappear behind a blue door.

Slouching,I tucked my hands in my pocket and took some time to examine the interior of the house.

For such a simple house, I had to admit the interior design was quite impressive.

It wasn't adorned with expensive stuff like most of the houses I'd been too recently.

Two grey carol sofas were placed on each sides of the living room.

My eyes moved from the macbook on the small glass centre table,to the framed pictures on the wall.

There were four people in the picture and I was quick to recognize Eleanor and Ruby.

The older man,I figured had to be her dad.

The other guy in the picture looked just about our age...or maybe a few years older.

On another picture on the wall, I could spot Ruby in her all blonde glory with Tyler standing right next to her. I noticed Emery,Brie,Damon and Liam were in the picture too.

I narrowed my eyebrows and then looked away the moment I heard her footsteps approaching.

"So uhm-" She rubbed her hands against the fabric of her jeans.

She was nervous, I could sense that.

I realized then that she was alone.

Where was everyone else?

"Where do we start?"She ran her fingers through her hair. I moved towards the sofa backed up at the other end of the wall,directly opposite to where she was standing and then sat.

I had no idea whether it was an intentional move or just an impulsive one.

"I don't know Ruby Kent. " I gave her a boyish smile. "You tell me."

Flashback

The night of the Monroe Party

6:25

Keenan 's POV

"Come on in."

I glanced up from my laptop the moment I heard the door to my Audi study open.  I watched Paul walked in, his left hand suspended midair. I could see the landline in his hand as he approached my table, an exhausted expression on his face.  He sighed.

"You're stalling. " He said after a few seconds.  I raised my eyebrows and then exhaled.

"I'm working. " I corrected, turning my attention back to the file in front of me. I reached for my pencil.  "The investors from Venezuela come in tomorrow.  I need everything to be perfect.  Did you talk to Jason about the VVIP suite in paradise hotel like I asked you to?" I traced my lip with my index finger and then exhaled.

Paul watched me for a few seconds, his eyes narrowed.

"I did. He said it'll all be ready before then. " He said, glancing up at the wall clock.  "The party starts in an hour. " He added, although it was more of a remainder of what was to come. I signed and then pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Of course." I breathed.  "Of course. If you don't mind Paul, I'd like to get back to work now." I dismissed him.

He opened his mouth to say something and then  paused, as though he was rethinking his actions. Slowly, he raised the landline in his hands and then clicked his tongue. I followed his gesture and then raised an eyebrow.

"She still hasn't stopped calling?" I asked. He exhaled and then nodded.

"I already called the police department.  They should be able to do something about it soon." He turned his head sideways to brush something off his shoulder blades.  I slouched down into my chair and then creased my eyebrows.

She'd said something terrible would happen tonight.

She'd said we would make mistakes...all of us.

Did she know about Andre?

Was Andre's turning himself in going to turn out to be a mistake?

Would it put him in danger?

I didn't know who this woman was but she knew something....I had a strong feeling in my guts that she knew something.

I'd just been too preoccupied in my thoughts to see it earlier.

"Paul. " I muttered slowly,sitting up. "Call her back.  Tell her to meet me at the party. Tell her I'll be wearing a blue suit and a volto." I told him.  Paul stood still for a few seconds, confusion clouding his expression.

"Keenan-" He started.

"Just trust me on this. " I stood up and then grabbed my coat from the backrest of my seat. I took a few steps towards the door and then halted.

"What was her name again?" I whirled around.  "Grace?"

"Gloria." Paul corrected me.  "Gloria Hastings. "

"Gloria Hastings. " I repeated as I walked out of the study.

Short A/N: Please vote and comment and share.

Till next time.

Love,Chay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 77.8K 57
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
158K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
236K 11.6K 65
Trevor Jenkins, a reclusive individual, appeared to have everything he wanted in life as the only son of a millionaire. However, behind the picture-p...
664 109 32
//DISCONTINUED// // C R I N G E // During the car ride home... wait- home? That prison that holds me captive is my home? So not only do I say tha...