Broken Hearts

By rejoiceo

"It's easy to fall in love... ... But it's hard to fall out of it" More

☆☆Prologue☆☆
★★Chapter 1★★
☆☆Chapter 2☆☆
★★Chapter 3★★
☆☆Chapter 4☆☆
★★Chapter 5★★
☆☆Chapter 6☆☆
★★Chapter 7★★
☆☆Chapter 8☆☆
★★Chapter 9★★
☆☆Chapter 10☆☆
★★Chapter 11★★
☆☆Chapter 12☆☆
★★Chapter 13★★
☆☆Chapter 14☆☆
★★Chapter 15★★
☆☆Chapter 16☆☆
★★Chapter 17★★
☆☆Chapter 18☆☆
★★Chapter 19★★
☆☆Chapter 20☆☆
★★Chapter 21★★
☆☆Chapter 22☆☆
★★Chapter 23★★
☆☆Chapter 24☆☆
★★Chapter 25★★
☆☆Chapter 26☆☆
★★Chapter 27★★
☆☆Chapter 28☆☆
★★Chapter 29★★
☆☆Chapter 30☆☆
★★Chapter 31★★
☆☆Chapter 32☆☆
★★Chapter 33★★
☆☆Chapter 34☆☆
★★Chapter 35★★
☆☆Chapter 36☆☆
★★Chapter 37★★
☆☆Chapter 38☆☆
★★Chapter 39★★
☆☆Chapter 40☆☆
★★Chapter 41★★
☆☆Chapter 42☆☆
★★Chapter 43★★
☆☆Chapter 44☆☆
★★Chapter 45★★
☆☆Chapter 46☆☆
☆☆Chapter 48☆☆
★★Chapter 49★★
☆☆Chapter 50☆☆
★★Chapter 51★★
☆☆Chapter 52☆☆
★★Chapter 53★★
☆☆Chapter 54☆☆
★★Chapter 55★★
☆☆Chapter 56☆☆
★★Chapter 57★★
58
☆☆Chapter 58☆☆

★★Chapter 47★★

679 42 74
By rejoiceo

Marinette got her phone out of her pocket, wanting to see if Adrien had sent her a message, or if she could send him a message. But soon she realized no messages could go through between them.

- Blocked -

Adrien blocked me?!

Biting her lip as she thought of the reason why, Marinette stuffed her phone back in her pocket. She then looked up just in time to see Stephanie C, Savannah, Chloe, Alison and Bette walking towards the cabin. There was something with the way Savannah's face was shaped that made Marinette know instantly that something was wrong.

She didn't follow them nevertheless, because it wasn't her business, and she didn't really care about what those girls did. She did see Amelie secretly following them, which made her frown.

Taking her phone out again, she went on Lady-Blog and searched for Amelie's account. When she found it, she clicked on it and sent a little message to her.

☆☆
☆☆3:34pm|M - hey Amelie. Can you tell me why you're following those bad girls?☆☆
☆☆

She saw Amelie stop walking and take her phone out. Then after clicking on a few things on her phone, she put her phone back.

Marinette heard her phone buzz and she knew Amelie had sent her a reply.

☆☆
☆☆3:35pm|A - I'm following them because I overheard them saying that Savannah had a huge secret that she's hiding. I want to find out what that secret is, though I feel like I already know what it is. Come on and join me☆☆

Putting her phone away, Marinette quietly walked over to where Amelie was. The other girls were so close to the cabin now, while the two of them were far behind.

"Look at that, they're going to Alison's cabin," Amelie smirked. "That's perfect. Tiki is Alison's partner. If we pretend we're going inside to see Tiki, they wouldn't suspect a thing."

Marinette nodded along, not saying a word. She started walking towards the cabin the girls had walked inside, letting Amelie lead her.

"Wait, Tiki is over there with Plagg though," Marinette turned around as she pointed at the redhead, who seemed to be talking to her new boyfriend. "If we say we want to see Tiki, that wouldn't make any sense."

"Then we just tell them that we have something to get for Tiki," Amelie shrugged. "I've lied a bunch of times, so this thing isn't all that hard for me."

The two of them stepped inside the cabin. They heard water running in the kitchen, and heard voices in Alison's bedroom.

Amelie walked towards the door and pressed her ear against it, listening very carefully to what was being said on the inside.

"How could you even have that sick thought?! You dare disguise yourself, not afraid of the consequences if you ever got caught?!" It sounded like Chloe's voice.

"I still can't believe it! Here, get that stupid wig off!" Next came Bette's voice.

Amelie looked over at Marinette and gave her a thumbs up. "Just like I suspected!"

"Who do you think you are, Lila?!"

Amelie smirked, knowing she got all the evidence she needed to know clearly that Savannah was indeed Lila Rossi.

"Hey!" Stephanie C. approached out of the kitchen holding a tray of different types of snacks. "What do you think you're doing?! Are you eavesdropping?!"

Amelie rolled her eyes and opened the door. The girls inside gasped, and quickly shut their mouths, not wanting anyone else to hear what they were saying, but not knowing that Amelie already knew.

"I just came here to get something for Tiki," Amelie shrugged. "Come on, Marinette, let's get it."

Marinette followed Amelie inside the room. Savannah had a frightened look on her face, and unbelievably still had her wig on. Bette and Chloe looked amused, while Alison and Stephanie C. were wondering whether the girls heard anything or not.

"Oops, seems like it's not here," Amelie pretended to look under the pillow on Tiki's bed. "Huh, weird, Tiki told us it would be here, but it's not."

"Well, I guess we better get going," Marinette chuckled silently at the great idea Amelie had came up with. She and Amelie turned around and walked out of the room.

"Well, I'll see you later, Marinette. Gotta share the news to someone," Amelie laughed. But before she could start walking away, Marinette grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Marinette, what's wrong?"

"Was it you that took a picture of Adrien and I?" Marinette went straight into it, not wanting to waste any time.

"Huh? Oh... No, it wasn't me. See, at that time, Bette asked me if she could borrow my phone and I said yes. I know we've broken up our group, but that doesn't mean we've broken up our friendship," Amelie shrugged. "Later on she told me she was the one who took pictures. I haven't been on my phone that much so I didn't even bother deleting the pictures."

Plus they gave me signs that my ship was sailing, she added to herself.

"Oh, well that makes sense. Adrien had gotten into trouble because of me. Because Bette posted those pictures online. Can... Can you tell Bette to stop doing that?"

"Fine, I'll try," Amelie nodded with a promising smile, before she took off away from Marinette.

Marinette sighed and started walking towards Tiki, looking desperate to talk to any of her friends.

"You've been ignoring me though!" Tiki was shouting at Plagg, and with her curiosity to find out what was happening, Marinette didn't walk away.

"I know... I'm sorry. I mean, I haven't been ignoring you. I've just been busy," Plagg spoke. Looking at his face, Marinette could tell he was desperately trying to search for a lie to get away from Tiki.

Tiki then noticed Marinette. "Oh, hey Marinette." As soon as the words rolled out of her tongue and left her mouth, Plagg's eyes went wide, and he was about to run away but Tiki grabbed ahold of him.

"Can you just tell me what's going on?"

"Oh, trouble in paradise?"

"Paradise my butt!" Tiki grumbled. She could see how Plagg was furiously looking away from them, and looked desperate to leave. "You never tell me anything now! What? I thought we were good."

Plagg bit his lip in shame as Tiki started walking away. Marinette looked up at him with a glare.

"Plagg, I seriously don't know what's going on in that mind of yours, but stop raising Tiki's hopes like that, just so you could crush it! If you're not serious about being with her, then leave her. Tiki doesn't deserve someone like you!"

Plagg looked away, not wanting to look at Marinette with his guilty face. He muttered an apology, hoping Marinette heard him, but it didn't seem like it as Marinette turned around and marched away as well.

I just keep messing everything up.

He sighed and started heading back to his cabin, but before he could even reach there, he caught a sight that made him clench his fists and grit his teeth.

Tiki and Nathaniel were standing next to each other, way too close to each other. Tiki seemed to whispering something in his ear while Nathaniel was just nodding his head off.

Not knowing what he was doing, Plagg started walking up to them. Nathaniel seemed to get angry when he saw Plagg approaching them.

"Tiki!" Amelie then started walking towards them. "It's okay. No need to work on Alya and Nino now. I checked up on them, and they seemed to be happy with each other."

"Oh okay, that's good," Tiki blew a sigh of relief. "Alright Nathaniel, seems like everything is good. I don't need your help anymore."

"Why did you ask Nathaniel for help?" Plagg blurted, making Tiki look over at him. Why him and not me?!

"And why do you care?!" Nathaniel shot back, seeming to hate Plagg's presence.

"Hey, it's okay!" Tiki shouted. She didn't like the attention. "I just asked Nathaniel for help because it looked like Alya and Nino were having problems."

"Why ask him though?! I mean, he's not that close to either Nino or Alya. But I'm very close to Nino," Plagg pointed out, and Tiki had to admit that he had a very strong point.

Tiki shrugged though. "Maybe it's because you didn't look like you wanted to talk to me. Or you didn't look like you wanted to be around me!"

Nathaniel folded his arms with a smirk. "You're ignoring her?! Oh, how bad. I thought you liked her. Or what? Do you still have your crush on Marinette?!"

Plagg grimaced at the words, while Tiki looked around, uncomfortably.

"I don't like her!"

"Sure, but the looks you still give her says otherwise," Nathaniel seemed to have him pinned down.

"Oh, are you just still angry that you're never going to have a shot at Tiki, because she doesn't like you back?!" Plagg laughed to himself, knowing that he got him now as he saw Nathaniel's face change.

"Guys, stop it!" Tiki yelled. "You two make me sick and you're so full of yourselves! I don't want to see any of you right now. Amelie, let's leave."

"Damn," Amelie muttered as she started following Tiki away. "How lucky of you, Tiki. You got two boys clinging after you. I got none."

Tiki sighed. "I'm not even sure anymore. I don't like Nathaniel in that sort of way, and I have a feeling that Plagg still likes Marinette, no matter how much he tells me he doesn't."

"Huh, this is interesting," Amelie was smirking. "Well, since I am the queen of ships here, I'll help you. I did notice Marc staring at Nathaniel while Nathaniel and Plagg were arguing. And then he ran off."

"Yeah, so?"

Amelie rubbed her hands together. "Amazing. I have two ships on my hands now. I may need help. Tiki, you go back. I have to talk to someone that can be able to help me."

"Fine! Bye." Tiki waved and started heading to her cabin.

Its not fair. One guy, I don't even like. The other guy, I like, but he has feelings for someone else. Plagg is so unfair. How can he treat me like this?!

Ugh! It's better I end everything with him before things get worse!

💘💘💘

"Adrien, please get the door."

Adrien let out a low sigh, before standing up from the couch and walking to the front door. He had been sitting on that couch ever since he got home, imagining what his friends and others were doing. Having fun, celebrating parties.

He unlocked and opened the door, seeing Emilie outside. He allowed her in, knowing that Emilie was now very close to Gabriel.

"Adrien? Aren't you supposed to be at your field trip with your friends?" Emilie frowned as she walked inside.

"Yes, but I...decided to come back a little early," Adrien gave her a fake smile as he closed the door.

Emilie didn't look like she believed him one bit. "Where's your father?! I must speak to him."

"He's in the living room," Adrien pointed towards the living room, although Emilie seemed to already know where it was, as if she had been here before.

"Gabriel?" Emilie entered the living room. Then her face changed into an angry look as she started walking towards Gabriel. "What did I say about staying inside all day, doing work?!" She grabbed the paper he was holding. "How many activities have you done outside today?!"

Gabriel seemed to give her a look that said, you're lucky you're cute, or else I would have... "I picked Adrien up from his field trip. Does that count as an activity?"

"No! And I should have known you picked him up for your own reason." Emilie sighed. "I told you... Take a break from your work, and then when Marinette comes back, we'll start planning the designing competition."

"No need," Gabriel looked the other way. "I'm firing Marinette as my assistant."

"What?! Why?"

"Because I figured... She would be a distraction to Adrien and Adrien will be a distraction to her," Gabriel decided on that answer. "It makes sense. If Adrien distracts her, she won't focus on her work."

"This..." Emilie grabbed his face and turned him around so he would be facing her. "This is about the kiss she and Adrien shared, isn't it?"

"No!" Gabriel quickly exclaimed.

"And you drove him back from his trip because you didn't want him near Marinette, right?"

"No!" Gabriel said once again.

"Gabriel! Why are you so stubborn. For goodness sake, Adrien is 17. Why can't you just let him live his life the way he wants?!"

Gabriel didn't answer. Instead he looked down to face the floor, as if whatever he said to answer her question would come out wrong.

"What... What are you afraid of?"

"A lot of things, actually," He spoke in a low voice. "I'm afraid of being alone. What if Adrien grows, goes to live his life and forgets all about me? I mean, sure, I have Gorilla and he's a great guy, but he barely speaks and he makes a bad company.

"What if he becomes reckless and does things he's not supposed to do? Or what if he gets hurt, just like I did? I just don't want him to end up the same way as I did..."

"Well..." Emilie took a seat next to him. "Maybe if you be there for him just a little more. Maybe if you become less strict? And besides... I've never heard Adrien complain about what a horrible dad you are."

"He's probably keeping all of his hatred for me inside of him," Gabriel let out a bitter chuckle.

"No, I think Adrien really adores you."

"No, he doesn't! I let my feelings get the best of me, and I haven't been there for him like I should. I make rules that he doesn't even want to follow. Why would he think I make a great dad?"

"But that's just you thinking of the negatives instead of the positives," Emilie pointed out with a shrug. "What about the fact that you took care of him for 17 years. Look at him, he's all healthy, no sickness. And you make the rules because you care about him.

"I understand that you want him to live a great life," Emilie continued, "but you can't take the one he likes away from him. What if he starts getting sad everyday, and it probably might even lead to something more. What if then, he really starts to hate you, and he would be just like you, moody and grumble."

"I'm not moody and grumpy!"

"Really?!" Emilie laughed. "That's weird, because you always look like that when you show up to work."

"Well..."

"But do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

"Yeah," Gabriel nodded. "Firing Marinette would probably be a bad idea. I need to make it up to Adrien."

"Now that's the spirit." Emilie looked up. "Huh, weird. They say it's very hard to change your mind, but wow, did I find that too easy!"

"Pfft, whatever!"

"Hey, can I ask a question?"

"What?"

Emilie turned serious all of a sudden. "Why did you allow Nathalie to work for you even though you knew seeing her face would hurt you?"

Gabriel looked down at his papers still on the table. He pretended he was shuffling through them while he was actually thinking of a perfect way to answer the question.

"Well... If I had disagreed, she would have probably thought that the only reason why was because I still liked her. I'd be embarrassed if she knew I still...haven't lost feelings for her yet, and she would probably make fun of me for it."

"Exactly what are you trying to say?" Emilie frowned.

"Even though it's not the truth, I want to show her that I have zero feelings for her left. I figured that maybe if I agreed to let her work in Gabriel, it would show her exactly what I wanted to show her."

"Hmm..." Emilie stood up from where she was sitting, before facing Gabriel. "Well, I have another way you could show her that you've lost feelings for her... And I possibly might even have a way to make you fall out of love with her."

"Really?" Gabriel looked interested. "How?"

Emilie smirked as her hands went up and rested on Gabriel's cheeks, making his cheeks flush red. She then leaned closer to him as she whispered two words, before slamming her lips against his.

"Date me."

💘💘💘

Word Count: 2781 (excluding this)
- Edited -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 17.1K 69
"she can have you" "can you not do this right now" "and why not, you got me out here lookin' dumb" "we're not together though so how" "bi- you know w...
166K 5.4K 10
"I get what I want, when I want it and the way I want it. And let me just say I won't go easy on you"
266K 5.5K 31
"All great love stories end in heartbreak." "You can't keep dancing with the devil and asking why your still in hell." "You don't choose who you fall...