Broken Hearts

By rejoiceo

"It's easy to fall in love... ... But it's hard to fall out of it" More

☆☆Prologue☆☆
★★Chapter 1★★
☆☆Chapter 2☆☆
★★Chapter 3★★
☆☆Chapter 4☆☆
★★Chapter 5★★
☆☆Chapter 6☆☆
★★Chapter 7★★
☆☆Chapter 8☆☆
★★Chapter 9★★
☆☆Chapter 10☆☆
★★Chapter 11★★
☆☆Chapter 12☆☆
★★Chapter 13★★
☆☆Chapter 14☆☆
★★Chapter 15★★
☆☆Chapter 16☆☆
★★Chapter 17★★
☆☆Chapter 18☆☆
★★Chapter 19★★
☆☆Chapter 20☆☆
★★Chapter 21★★
★★Chapter 23★★
☆☆Chapter 24☆☆
★★Chapter 25★★
☆☆Chapter 26☆☆
★★Chapter 27★★
☆☆Chapter 28☆☆
★★Chapter 29★★
☆☆Chapter 30☆☆
★★Chapter 31★★
☆☆Chapter 32☆☆
★★Chapter 33★★
☆☆Chapter 34☆☆
★★Chapter 35★★
☆☆Chapter 36☆☆
★★Chapter 37★★
☆☆Chapter 38☆☆
★★Chapter 39★★
☆☆Chapter 40☆☆
★★Chapter 41★★
☆☆Chapter 42☆☆
★★Chapter 43★★
☆☆Chapter 44☆☆
★★Chapter 45★★
☆☆Chapter 46☆☆
★★Chapter 47★★
☆☆Chapter 48☆☆
★★Chapter 49★★
☆☆Chapter 50☆☆
★★Chapter 51★★
☆☆Chapter 52☆☆
★★Chapter 53★★
☆☆Chapter 54☆☆
★★Chapter 55★★
☆☆Chapter 56☆☆
★★Chapter 57★★
58
☆☆Chapter 58☆☆

☆☆Chapter 22☆☆

696 40 10
By rejoiceo

"By the way. . . How come you don't have a bodyguard?"

Marinette looked up at the question Adrien asked. "Well .. . I just feel like I can do everything by myself. I have my own car, pay for everything I need. . . I don't need anyone's help."

"I didn't exactly want a bodyguard in the beginning," Adrien started. "I thought I wouldn't need one, but when my father saw how many females and fans were coming after me, he hired Gorilla here. Have to say, it isn't so bad to have him around."

Marinette smiled a little. "I wish my parents were as caring as your father."

When she said those words, Adrien seemed to look down with a sort of scared look on his face. Marinette asked if he was okay, but he only brushed if off, saying that he was.

Marinette sighed, staring at her fingers. "Sometimes I wonder who my real parents are, and I always wonder why they would leave me to be with those evil and pathetic excuse for parents."

"I'm sure whomever are your real parents cares very deeply about you," Adrien spoke. "And whatever reason they had to leave you, I'm sure they're starting to regret it now."

"Thanks, but I'm not so sure anymore."

They reached the mall and Marinette climbed off the limo. "Thanks again for the ride, Adrien." She could tell people were watching her, and she started getting worried that some were taking pictures as well. She should have been more careful.

As soon as she turned around, a bunch of little girls started circling around her, each holding a paper and a pen, and saying the same words over and over.

"Marinette, can you please give us an autograph?"

"We love all your songs, Marinette. You're amazing. I want to be just like you!"

"Marinette, we love you!!"

Marinette sighed. There was no way she could say no to these cute little girls. Bending down she took a pen from one of the girls and started scribbling her name on each papers in her neatest handwriting.

"Thank you so much, Marinette."

"You're the best!"

Marinette watched as they ran away to where they came from, before she finally started heading inside the mall.

She had told herself that she needed more clothes especially for school, and that was what she mostly came here for. She started walking over to the girls section, going through the nice beautiful clothes they had.

She grabbed a fitted turtleneck, before turning her attention to a short flared skirt. Before she could move onto another clothe, some girls caught her attention.

Alison, Chloe, Savannah and another girl Marinette didn't know that well were sitting, testing out some couple of shoes. The girls didn't seem to notice her as she walked a bit closer to them. She had decided to ignore them, as it wouldn't be a good thing to get herself in trouble with these girls, but she couldn't help it, as she had heard her name fall out of the lips of one of the girls.

Marinette hid though, so they wouldn't see her. She then listened closely to what they were talking about.

"I swear, she almost didn't sign me up," Savannah was saying.

"Geez, I can't believe Marinette would do that. I mean, sure she's Gabriel's assistant, but she doesn't have the right to decide who signs up for the competition," Alison rolled her eyes. "Her not almost signing you up is just such a low move."

"Whatever," Savannah laughed. "She must have thought that I would be a huge threat to her. She must have thought that I would win the competition, which I will. That's probably why she didn't want to sign me up. I had to convince her to sign me up, which was totes not fair!"

Marinette clenched her fists, listening to Savannah's lie. Savannah didn't have to convince her or anything. Now she was sure that Savannah was the one who pushed her down the stairs.

"Anyway Steph, you said you had something to tell us?" Chloe looked over at the new girl.

"Yeah Stephanie, you've been keeping quiet this whole time," Savannah poked the girl's shoulder. "What's up?"

Stephanie Tilda? No wonder the girl looks familiar. She goes to my school and is even in some of my classes. I just never pay attention to her. I never knew she hanged out with Savannah, Alison and Chloe. Marinette reminded herself.

"So, you know about the boy I was telling you about?" Stephanie spoke up, and the others nodded. "Well, I saw him right in this mall. I was just too nervous to approach him."

"What was his name again?" Alison asked, but didn't really seem interested in Stephanie's story.

"I think it was. . . Nino or something," Stephanie nodded. "Yeah it was Nino."

"Nino?" Chloe shook her head. "Girl no, you can't go for him. He already has a girlfriend."

"G-girlfriend? Who?"

"I'm pretty sure it was Alya," Savannah shrugged. "Though, I wouldn't know anything. I don't really pay attention to them anyway."

Stephanie gulped, looking nervous. "I've been crushing on Nino now for almost 2 years. I had just been too nervous to approach him, and now he has a girlfriend?!"

"Like I said, I'm not too sure," Savannah said again. "But he and Alya are so incredibly close. I did hear that Nino confessed to her. Girl, I don't think you have a chance."

"Sava! Don't give the girl false hope!" Alison slapped Savannah's arm. "Listen Stephanie, join us and trust me, we'll help you get Nino."

"You're not going to do anything to Alya, right? I want to get Nino fair and square," Stephanie replied.

"Please," Alison rolled her eyes. "I am a master at making people become couples. Stick with us, girl and trust me, Nino will be all yours. Alya won't be able to do anything with us by your side. We're going to make Nino realize what an amazing girl you are."

Stephanie blushed. "T-thank you."

Marinette started crawling away from them. Gosh, Alya never told me about her being in a relationship with Nino! But if that's all true, then I have to warn her of these girls. I have a feeling that they'll really mess up her relationship!

When Marinette was sure she was far away from the girls, she continued her shopping again. When she was sure she had all she needed, she headed to the front and stood in line to pay.

Wait. . . Stephanie said Nino was here. If he is here, does that mean Alya is here with him? Well, if that's the case then I better look for them.

But she didn't have to look, because Alya and Nino found her first.

"Marinette, you're here too!" Alya walked up to her. "Nice to see you here."

"Alya, how have you been doing?"

"Worse," Alya sighed. "Ella and Etta are still missing, but we do have much more people looking for them now, so I'm really hoping that they'll find them."

Marinette was brought back to when she saw Etta being taken away by an unknown man. If I tell her about those girls, would she feel even more troubled?

No! Alya is a strong girl, plus I'm sure it would be helpful to know about the girls. She needs to protect her relationship with Nino.

"Listen Alya. . . What's your relationship with Nino?" She began with the simple question first.

Alya blushed. "We're dating, but we're not officially together yet."

"Oh, I'm so happy that at least some things are turning out good for you," Marinette smiled, then she replaced it with a warning look. "But listen, some girls are actually after you to ruin your relationship. You have to be careful."

"A lot of girls have a crush on Nino, but he picked me. Listen, I trust Nino with all of my heart. I don't think this will be a problem," Alya turned back to the two bags she had been holding.

"But still, be careful. The girls are Alison, Chloe and Savannah, and the girl that likes Nino is Stephanie. You might know her from our school. Those girls are poison. But don't worry, I'll be here if you need me."

"Thank you, Marinette. Wait! Who's Savannah?"

"Oh, when you didn't come to school that day, a new girl was introduced in our class. Savannah Fleur," Marinette explained.

The line moved again, and soon Marinette found herself in front. Before she could start taking out her stuff from her bags, her eyes widened and she gasped.

"Marinette?!"

"Hannah!"

Marinette wanted to laugh. "You have two jobs? You actually took my advice and now you're working to pay for your needs?"

"Marinette, don't you dare make fun of me," Hannah growled. "I need this money, and if I just asked you for help, you would say no like always."

"Yeah, you're right! I'm still glad you're working though. Honestly, I'm beginning to like you way more than Andy."

When Marinette mentioned his name, Hannah frowned. "Wait Marinette, you left him alone with Stella?!"

"What, don't you trust your man?"

"I do trust him. I just don't trust Stella!"

Marinette sighed. Why do I feel like your trust for Andy is going to end very soon?

"Whatever. Just check these so I can pay and leave." When she turned around, Alya seemed to be busy talking to Nino to notice that Hannah was there.

Hannah hated Alya's guts and Alya hated hers. She banned Alya from coming over to visit Marinette, but Alya didn't seem to care. It wasn't like she wanted to go over to her place and see her adoptive parents, which Marinette totally understood.

"Alright, next!" Hannah called out, after Marinette was done paying and having her stuff packed inside her bags.

I'll just wait for Alya and Nino here. I want to spend time with them.

She watched as Alya and Nino paid, Alya and Hannah glaring at each other most of the time. Just a little far away, Marinette could see Alison, Chloe, Savannah and Stephanie walking to pay for their things as well.

Soon Alya and Nino were done, and the both of them headed outside.

"Hey look, Adrien waited for us just like I asked him to," Nino pointed, surprising Marinette. Just like he had said, the black limo was there, and Adrien was leaning against it, waiting for someone.

The three of them started walking over to him, and Adrien smiled to see them.

"Ah, you guys took a little too long," Adrien complained.

"Sorry Adrien," Nino chuckled. "Anyway," He turned to Marinette. "We were planning on hanging out, wanna join?"

"Totally. I was totally thinking about the same thing," Marinette smiled. She had never done this before; hang out with Nino and Adrien, so it was definitely new to her.

Adrien opened the door for them again like the gentleman he was. Thanking him, they went inside the limo with their bags, before Adrien came inside as well.

"So, where to?" The blonde turned to them, asking.

"Hey, I heard there was a cool amusement park going on 30 minutes away from here," Alya spoke up. "We could go, and maybe by any chance, we can spot my sisters there."

"Don't worry, Alya. I sent more people to look for them," Adrien assured her. "I think by tomorrow, your sisters will be safe and sound with you."

Marinette and Nino nodded along, agreeing.

"So, to the amusement park?" Adrien asked again.

"Yup!" The three of them cried out at the same time, ending up laughing at how childish they had sounded. Soon tho limo started moving and they were on their way.

Marinette then looked behind her as a sudden weird feeling entered her. When she looked behind, she saw a red car. At first she thought nothing about it, but when she looked behind for the fourth time, the same car was still behind them.

20 minutes later, Marinette looked behind again, only to see the same car.

Are they following us?

~~~

Word Count: 2021 (including this)
- Edited -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 467 16
" 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘢 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘴, 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵, 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 "
27.4K 856 30
Niklaus Mikealson x OC
266K 5.5K 31
"All great love stories end in heartbreak." "You can't keep dancing with the devil and asking why your still in hell." "You don't choose who you fall...
15.9K 608 15
"maybe it's because you're all insufferably stupid"