Unrequited Love ✔

Da swritess1

52 CHAPTERS. (COMPLETED) Savannah Isabelle Romano is a 25 year old doctor who spent her entire life being abu... Altro

COPYRIGHT
PROLOGUE
CAST
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
NEXT UPDATE
PLEASE READ!
CHAPTER 29
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
Let's Reach 800?
CHAPTER 32
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
UPDATING SCHEDULE
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
Author's Note
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL
Author's Note
Matters Of The Heart
BONUS CHAPTER (PART I)
FUN FACTS

CHAPTER 45

20.4K 559 41
Da swritess1

ADAM'S POV:

Three months later

"Good morning, Mr. Avenetti." Brandon greeted as soon as I set a foot out of my private elevator.

"Morning, Brandon." I replied looking ahead.

"You have a meeting with Costellos today at 11 regarding the construction of new hotels and after that you have to meet your father at his favourite Chinese restaurant for lunch. A few documents that require your signatures and that's about it." he informed.

"Alright. I won't come in after lunch. Bring those documents in my office in five and my usual cup of coffee." I stated and entered my office.

"Yes, Sir." he said and left.

Stepping inside the office, I was met with a big portrait picture hanging off the wall opposite to my desk. I sighed looking at it and settled behind my desk. Another smaller frame was sitting proudly on my desk. The picture looking right back at me as if taunting me. Taunting me for losing the most precious human in my life.

I shook my head to avoid dwelling in my miseries once again and continued to check my emails. A minute later, Brandon knocked before coming inside with a file and a mug of coffee.

"Thank you, Brandon. You may leave." I ordered and he nodded his head before opening the glass doors and walking out.

The rest of the day went as scheduled and I reached home around two in the noon.

When Isa left, dad was utterly disappointed with me and lost once again. Just like he was when mum passed away. There was no doubt that Isa played the role of an Avenetti women extremely well. She binded us all together and I fucking love her for this. And so many other reasons.

That day was hands down the second most worst day of my life after mum's death. I hated being alone, not being able to hold her, comfort her, have her here in our house and not being able to do anything for her.

I visited Nate thrice ever since and talked my heart out. Told him how sorry I was for everything I have ever done to hurt her. Confessed to him that he was right, that I love her sister. With everything in me.

And I will wait for her.

Sighing, I stripped out of my clothes and stood beneath the shower that helped me everytime. After about twenty minutes, I put on a pair of sweatpants with a t-shirt and walked downstairs.

Her scent has obviously faded by now. Even Mrs. Cooper misses her a lot. I would trade anything just to see her smile, to get her back and above all to remove all the sorrows from her life.

My Isa.

I opened the door to her painting room and a small smile instantly tugged at my lips. When I first stepped in here after she left, which was a week later, I saw a huge gift wrapped in a golden paper with a red bow tie around it. I was curious to see what was inside. So I walked closer and saw a small white colored plain card glued to it.

'Merry Christmas Ronan'
-Isa.

I was surprised to see a neat writing given that she is a doctor. When I tore open the wrapping paper, I was in awe to see a beautiful painting. A painting of us... on our wedding day. It was one of the pictures we took when the photographer took us to the back garden for a couple photoshoot. We stood facing each other with her left hand on my chest, our eyes locked with one another's, my arms encircled around her waist and small tendrils of hair decorating her oval shaped face delicately. Her ring was shining brightly due to the sunlight and the entire scene looked almost surreal. It was the gift she meant to gave me that night.

I hung that portrait in my office and framed another picture we took when we went out for dinner after she came home safely from the awful kidnapping incident and put it on my office desk. She looked gorgeous in a red colored dress smiling at the camera with her eyes twinkling in happiness.

I looked around to admire her work for I don't know maybe... the billionth time? Staying inside for another hour or so, I went to the kitchen and saw Mrs. Cooper cooking dinner.

"What are you cooking tonight?" I asked her.

"Lasagna." she replied turning around to smile at me.

I hummed and grabbed a carton of apple juice before pouring it in a glass and going to my study to get some extra work done since I won't be going to office tomorrow.

***

The next morning, after shower, I slipped into a casual blue jeans and with white button down shirt and drove to my parent's house but not before giving food to Bella and Ace.

Today was Drew's engagement party. And I had to be there for supervising the arrangements. He was finally tying the knot with his University fellow, Samantha. He even introduced her to Savannah while she was here.

After ten minutes, I reached the house. The ceremony was taking place in the same hotel where our engagement party was carried out. I hated going there. It reminded of how I once had a precious gem but was not worthy of it.

"Adam." Dad called as soon as he saw me.

"Dad." I smiled and hugged him.

He hugged me back and pulled away after patting my back, "How are you?"

"Fine. How are you? Did you take your medicines?" I asked.

"Yeah, I did. I feel a lot better now." he smiled at me.

"Where is Drew?" I asked looking around.

"Sleeping." he replied rolling his eyes.

I shook my head and sighed, "I am just gonna go and check the arrangements. If you need something, let me know." I said.

"Adam." he called.

I turned around and looked at him, "Yes, dad?"

"She will come back." he said with a sad smile tugging at his lips.

I gulped and turned around without a word. I knew dad missed her a lot. So did Drew. Ever since she left, we all have been miserable in one way or another. I did not know where she was nor did I try finding out. I respected her privacy.

I don't even know if she came to the hospital or not. I was just... just holding on to the small ray of hope.

At around five in the evening, I picked up my tux from our usual store and made my way back to our home. Bella and Ace came running to the door making me chuckle. It was an everyday thing now. Even though they couldn't express it, I knew they missed their mother. I often found them sleeping on Isa's bed.

After getting ready, I checked the time to see it's six already. It will take almost half an hour to reach that hotel. Giving myself a once over, I picked up the keys, wallet and phone from the nightstand and climbed down the stairs.

"Mrs. Cooper, I am heading out now please take care of those two." I said pointing at Bella and Ace.

She chuckled and bid me goodbye. Petting both the puppies one last time, I headed out.

Reaching the grand hotel, I walked inside and saw that the hall is already swarming with people. I saw Drew standing with Samantha and walked over to him.

"Adam." he grinned and hugged me tightly.

"Hey. Congratulations, bro." I said patting his back.

I grinned at Samantha who looked absolutely stunning in her champagne colored mermaid dress.

"Congratulations, Sam. Welcome to the family, officially." I congratulated and pulled her in for a brief hug.

"Thank you, Adam. I absolutely love the decor." she gushed looking around.

"Thanks." I nodded at her and excused myself to greet other people.

I saw dad talking to some business associates and went to stand beside him. The party was full in swing and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves a lot.

Now it was time for the ring ceremony so I walked towards Drew who looked utterly stressed.

"Cold feet?" I joked.

He chucked and shook his head, "Nah. Its not that." he stated.

I took the ring box out of the inner pocket of my suit jacket and extended it towards him. He shook his head and looked at Sam who looked equally distressed.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking between the two of them.

"Can we wait for a bit more?" Sam asked fidgeting with her fingers.

I frowned and cupped her right cheek, "What's going on? Are you okay? Did he say something to you?" I asked in concern.

"No. Just fifteen more minutes, please." she smiled reassuring me.

I nodded skeptically and clutched the small velvet box tightly in my hand.

"What's wrong?" Dad asked coming to sit next to me on a bar stool.

"They asked to wait for fifteen more minutes before exchanging rings." I told.

He knitted his brows and looked in their direction. Sam's parents were listening intently to what she was telling them with her fingers intertwined with Drew's. After a minute, smiles lit up their faces and they nodded in understanding.

"Do you know something?" I asked dad.

"Honestly, I have no clue." he shook his head.

Before I could say something, the hall doors opened once again making everyone go quiet and my head whipped around to see a beautiful lady walking inside looking directly at Sam who wore a sheepish smile on her face. I could only see her side profile from where I was sitting.

I looked back at the lady and noticed that she was pregnant but the puffy dress she wore, covered it pretty well. Her hair was tied in a high ponytail with curls at the ends. She actually was really gorgeous in that dress and diamond studs.

I averted my eyes with a frown and looked at Drew to see him already eyeing me with a smirk. I showed him the finger and gulped the rest of my drink down.

Let the ceremony begin.

Here's a another chapter for you guys. Hope you like it.

Vote and comment. Have a fantastic day. ❤️

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

49.5K 1.3K 30
COMPLETED✅ When Tatiana gets stood up by her groom, Ace Black, whom is her rapist by the way, she gets married to his older brother Silas. Watch them...
224K 12.3K 48
After getting betrayed in love, the happy bubbly soul Diya turned cold and lost trust. She started working at her father's office and tries to forget...
1.8M 75.1K 104
Pushing him away from her, she screamed at him ; " This wedding was an option for you.. But not for me.! You really think that if given the opportuni...
unwanted bride Da Manika

Romanzi rosa / ChickLit

300K 9K 21
"Hey baby come to me. I am your rightful husband. come here kitten."he said. "I am telling you, don't you dare to come closer to me. This marriage is...