Lost - A Greyson Chance Love...

By Mockingrey

Beautiful, clever and close to perfection as they say. But in every good story, there'll always have to be a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 9

1.9K 42 7
By Mockingrey

     "Ashley, goodbye. I'm sorry for everything I've done. Mommy's going with Him now. I love you."

     These words were all I heard behind my mind. Thank goodness, it was just a dream. 

The morning came and rays of the sun started peaking by my bed. I looked at my clock and it was 6:58AM. I rapidly blinked my eyes to ease drowsiness. I slowly lifted up my head and back to fix this messy room. I just realized that all my canvases, paintings, brushes, sketchbooks and pencils are all over the place. I stood up to fix my disastrous bed. Consequently, I picked up my materials and put it on my beige treasure chest. When I opened my wardrobe, it was a complete haywire and topsy-turvy. I released the scruffy clothes and started ironing it. I have to remind myself that Mary and Linda aren't here so I need to do chores. Next I did was to wash my smudgy clothes. I really don't know how to do this but whatever. I just put the white-colored and colored separately inside the washing machine. Is that enough?

     "I see you've been working hard lately," grandma praised while helping me.

     "Well, I have to. I'm not that spoiled brat anymore," I said with all my confidence. I know that I'm already growing up that's why I need to know and learn these kind of tasks.

     She rubbed my shoulders and said, "Keep it up, Tamia," and I replied with a smile.

     After that, I went by the backyard to hang my wet clothes and let it dry under the heat of the sun. While doing the work, euphonies just came out of my mouth. 

     ♪♫ "We lie beneath the stars at night, our hands gripping each other tight" ♪♫

**

     The afternoon came and it was extremely hot. I was asking for rain to at least, lessen the sultryness. So I decided to pull out my bicycle from the garage to stroll around the place for some fresh and cool air. Being a person who loves nature, I enjoyed spending my leisure time being with His creations. 

     I was just wandering around when I saw Chase sleeping under a tree. It's weird because I usually see him working and working around the winery. I usually see Chase as guy who's sweaty, carrying crates of grapes, holding a bucket of cow milk or trays of chicken eggs but now, he looks so innocent and...handsome.

     I tiptoed towards him. I was staring at him, got lost by his angelic face. Then I looked back to where I'm going because he might caught me.

     Then he grabbed my arms and pulled me a bit closer to him. It startled me. 

     I hit him playfully and said, "I thought you were asleep!"

     "You woke me up. You kept on walking by the crispy leaves. How am I supposed to stay asleep?" he defended. I tried to escape from his grip but eventually, failed.

     "Whatever, Chase," I said grumpily in a joke manner.

     "And you were staring at me. How am I supposed to sleep with that? It bothered me," he added.

     "So you weren't asleep? How did you know that I was looking at you?" I said with a clever tone.

     "So it's true that you were staring at me?" he answered back. I laid my back on the rough skin of the tree beside him.

     Bam.

     "Uhhhh," I don't know what to say. "No, there were uhmmm squirrels around you. I was just trying to shoo them away," I said. What a lame excuse. Great, Tamia.

     He started bursting into laughter which made me curious about what's on his mind. What's so funny? I know that my excuse is lame but it's not that funny. 

     "What's so hilarious about what I said?" I asked. I hit him playfully once again.

     "Summer is the hardest time for squirrels that's why they seldom go out of their habitats," he said. I'm embarrassed. Once again.

     How can he know these things? I feel so dumb.

     "Uhh... I know that! I like squirrels, I studied about them before," I pretended. 

    He nodded showing that he believes me. But it's obviously pure sarcasm. I let it go.

     "Anyway, you have no work today?" I asked while playing with my hair.

     "Hmmm yeah. Mr. Vaughan said that I should get some rest. And so I did but you disturbed my sleep," he said grumpily. I felt guilty.

     "I'm sorry!  I better go now. Just go on with your sleep," I said as I stand up from where I'm sitting but he caught me again.

     "Oh uhh, see you whenever!" he cheered. I shook off his hand that's holding my arm.

     "See you," I said as I walk towards my bicycle. I looked back at him and he covered his face with a fedora hat.

**

Later that afternoon, I biked all the way from the hacienda to the 'urban part' of Edmond which is just 6 blocks away. I entered this huge huge but old library. And there on the counter was a doyen man with salt-and-pepper hair with large glasses on. He's wearing a plaid polo and suspenders. He looks kinda creepy because of the wrinkles on his face and looks so grumpy because of his eyebrows that are almost attached with each other.

     As I walk across the counter, I bid "Good Afternoon" to him and he replied with a welcoming nod and smile. He wasn't that in affable after all.

     The library was empty. And by 'empty', I meant that there's no other person around except for me and the old man. I strolled around and the books were all dusty and filthy. And the shelves were full of Jane Austen, William Shakespeare and Alice Maynell novels. My favorites! 

     By the most-end corner of the library, there's this primeval book; very aged and obviously advanced in years. It's title is "The Beautiful and Damned" by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I remember Xander recommending me this book before. I blew on the book and rubbed it a bit to remove the dust. Consequently, I walked towards the counter to let the man stamp on it. I gave him a smile and bid, "Thanks!"

     "Don't leave any scratch or peels, and don't let it get drip by anything," he reminded. "And oh, return it in a week," he added.

     "Alright. Thanks again, Mr..." I read his name slowly by his name tag, "Mr. Enrico."

     Since I don't have anything to do, I decided to start the book in the library. I took a sit in front of the counter. I scanned the book fast to ease the dustiness of each page. Suddenly, a piece of paper fell on the floor.

     I picked it up and shook it a bit. I read it and it says, "Good love will find me."

     I got curious about who wrote it so I kept it on my wallet.

**

     When I got home, Clio was there with her friends by the balcony. They're probably in the same age as mine. As I went up the stairs, all of them started to bid me with their hellos. And I gave all of them the sweetest smile I can let out. There were all so wild and raging. I kinda bowed my head and ran inside the house. 

     "What took you so long to go home? It's almost 6 in the evening," grandma asked.

     "I was in the library," I answered. 

     "Oh. I thought you were in somebody else's house," she said. "Have you eaten your dinner?" 

     "Not yet but I'm starving!" I complained.

     "Hmm, if you came earlier, you would've eaten with Clio and her friends. But I saved you some roasted chicken. It's in the microwave," she alleged.

     "Ahhh yes! Thanks grandma," I said in a felicitous manner while running into the kitchen.

     I was chewing on my chicken, facing the living room, when I heard my phone beep. I pulled it out of my purse and saw that Greyson's calling. I clicked on the green button and said, "Hello?" with all the food in my mouth.

     "Hey," he said. I heard his voice again which made my stomach kinda flutter.

     "How are you? Miss me?" I joked.

     "I guess?" he answered. I almost spat out my food. Did he really tell that?

     I replied with a laugh but I think it kinda sounded sarcastic. 

     "So... Am I seeing you again?" he demanded.

     "Let me think about it," I enounced. "Well if it rains later, I'll call you back and deal with this. Sounds good? Let the nature decide," I laughed. 

     "Ohh, okay then. Guess I'll wait for the rain to pour down," he said in a seraphic manner.

    I giggled but not in a flirty way. "So, I'll call you later. Well, when it rains," I said.

     "Bye! I'll wait for your call," he said then hung up.

     After keeping my phone, I looked up and saw grandma smirking while holding both of her waists. I raised my eyebrows, pretending to be innocent.

     "What's the matter, grandma?" I asked in the best ingenuous manner I could make.

     "I bet you're hoping for a rain," she teased. For a mid-60s woman, I'm not expecting my grandmother ribbing me like this.

     "Oh stop it, grandma," I defended.

     She walked towards me and tickled my said, "I like him for you," she said.

    "Who?" I said naively. But probably, I'm failing on this whole act that I'm making.

    "None other than Mr. Chance, my best buyer in the bakeshop," she said while smiling endlessly.

    "Whatever, grandma!" I opposed.

    "Go upstairs and clean up! I will wash the dishes now," she announced.

    "No, I can do---"

    "Just clean up now," she interrupted.

**

     After cleaning up, Clio called me so she could introduce me to her crazy and noisy friends. The 2 guys were named Jeremiah and Vonne. The 2 other girls were Hayley and Zoe. 

     "I'm Vonne but you can call me later," the guy said and this girl named to be Zoe hit him playfully. I'm betting that they are dating or something.

     I just laughed it out then Clio said, "Don't hit on my cousin. You're not her type, Vonne."

     I'm glad that she knows me well. I don't feel having that Vonne around; jock, football-player and obviously a playboy. Seriously not my type. Oh, and I don't like guys who blab so much. Gross.

     They were talking about the popular kids in school, how frugal Hayley is and such non sense things. Not being picky or anything, but these are not my people.

     I excused myself and went inside the house once again. I ran upstairs to get some peace in me. I grabbed my Mac and watched Doctor Who. I opened my mini fridge and took a hold of my favorite ice cream, Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide. 

     I was on my bed and I didn't know that I already fell asleep.

**

     I woke up and saw the clock that it's already 9:58PM. I looked at my window and a light started to build up so fast from the sky. 

     It's raining.

 ----------

Hi guys! Sorry if it took so long for me to update. So what do you think about this chapter? ;) Leave your feedbacks on the comment section! And also, don't forget to vote and share this to your friends! thanks for reading! ~ Krissy x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382 4 26
Love is so much more and it certainly has the power to inspire change. Talia and Kegan loved eachother a lot but like all love stories, there is alwa...
231 0 42
Grey Montgomery had everything she wanted out of life. She was on the verge of graduating high school and going off to college with the love of her l...
260K 7.1K 35
16 year old Tamia just lost her mom due to a car accident and with her dad half way across the world she is sent to live with her mums best friends a...
942 12 89
This is story is bout a white boy name Matt who was all alone til a girl came in she's black and her name is Titania. But this boy started to have a...