Fangs and Claws

By GabrielaR

18 year old Avril is a half vampire-half human girl that in an atempt to meet the only human family she have;... More

Chpt 1. Welcome to the family
Chpt 2. Meeting the Alpha
Chpt 3. kidnapped by my mate
Chpt 4. Intruder
I know I took to long
Chpt 5. La Italiana
Chpt 6. Fugitive Vampire
I apologize
Chpt 8. Cheater
Chpt 9. Father vs. Son
Chpt 10. You're a vampire
Chpt 11. Explanations
Chpt 12. Pack meeting
Chpt 13. Daddy
Chpt 14. Heart attack
Chpt 15. They're coming
Chpt 16. Marked
Chpt 17. Family dinner
Chpt 18. Party crashers
Chpt 19. Vampire attack
Chpt 20. The Bennett's
Chpt 21. Rejected?
Chpt 22. Amy
Chapt 23. Curse, love and tears
Chapt. 24 Plans before the battle
Chpt 25. Nervous
Chpt 26. Mating
Chpt 27. Under her spell
Chpt 28. True enemy
Chpt 29. Deadly encounter
Chpt 30. Recovery
Chpt 31. Goodbye

Chpt 7. Daniel

51.9K 1K 23
By GabrielaR

Avril's POV

I rested my head on the window and let my eyes shut down. I tried to avoid self-pity, I wouldn't let myself break down until I got home.

I opened my eyes and looked around, the rest of the bus was almost empty and I still have to wait half an hour to get to my destination, then I'll had to catch a plane to Alaska, the fastest I put distance between Caleb and I the better.

My heart sank when I thought of his name, the fact that I would never see him again made me want to die, I knew it was stupid, mate or not, to feel something so strong for a guy I just meet a day ago but I couldn't help it; I loved him.

And that was the reason why I left, we couldn't be together, and I didn't want to be rejected, I rather disappear by myself than being humiliated and rejected when he realizes I was a vampire.

When I got to my stop the first thing I did was look for a public phone; I had left my cell in Caleb's car, how smart is that?

Lucky me I stole Josh's wallet and I had some cash, maybe twenty or so.

I dialed my Dad's phone.

"Dad?" I started

"Abby?" I smiled when I heard my nickname, which meant he was in good mood "Are you okay?"

"Does something bad need to happen for me to call you?" I joked

"Well, it is now because you're not with me" he protested

"Calm down daddy, I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself" I sighed "I'm on my way home"

"You are?" he sounded happy "Where are you now?"

"On a bus stop, I was going to take a plane but I lost my passport" I confessed "Can you get me a new one? And a plane ticket? I don't have any money"

"Where is your passport?" his voice was serious "Avril Williams where is your passport?"

My full name. This wasn't a good sign

"Uhm... I kind of leave in a rush and I forgot to get it" I mumbled

"And why were you in a rush?" he inquired "Are you running from someone? Are you hurt? Avril tell me, have a vampire seen you?"

"No, no, I'm okay" I rushed "Dad, really don't worry I'm safe I....

The line went dead and when I turned around I found a pair of green eyes looking at me.

He was tall, dark haired, and well dressed. He was good looking, but what vampire wasn't?

I tensed and my body prepared itself to fight, I gave him a deadly look.

"Back off" I hissed at him

"That how you treat your own kind?" He pretend concern "Daddy should teach you manners"

"No, Daddy taught me how to get rid of creatures like you"

The vampire smiled. It was weird, they have never spoken to me before, and they just try to get on my pants.

"You are a though one, child" He laughed "I'm impressed"

"What do you want?" I asked "And why aren't you... attacking me?"

He tilted his head to the side smirking

"No offense, you have a strong smell, a really good one I might add but I'm not interested" He shrugged "I have a mate"

"A mate?" I repeated

"Exactly, your pheromones don't affect me" he seemed proud of it "And why would I want to sleep with a little girl anyways?"

I raised an eyebrow, he looked like a 24 years old guy, but with vampires you never know, just like my Dad; he looked no older than 25 but he was 50 or so, yeah I know, it's not that old, but did you really think vampires live forever? That's bull; they only get older slower than anybody else.

"You might want to know that there are three vampires waiting at the exit of this place" his voice brought me to reality

"What?" I panicked

"And I don't think you want for they to know that you know about us, right?" he raised an eyebrow

"Of course not" I shook my head

"Then come with me" He gestured me to follow him

I hesitate. I didn't trust him but what if there were actually three vampires waiting for me? I could figth one, but no three.

I knew I could take this dude down if he tried something so I started to follow him.

He lead me to the west exit, there was a McDonalds' right outside. It was starting to get dark; He looked around and took my hand. I pulled away

"Trust me" he asked

I let him pull me to the McDonalds's parking lot. He reached for his pocket and opened a black sedan.

"Get inside" He pointed the back seat "Lie down and don't get up until I tell you to do so"

I obeyed and rested my head on the seat, I felt like a fugitive.

He started the car and we started moving. I smiled peacefully; I hoped I could get home soon.

"Thank you" I whispered "Even when I don't know why you're doing it"

"You're welcome" he murmured "I have a mate, remember? You learn something when you have a girl around all the time.... I would feel terrible if I let those guys get what they want, they would take you and hurt you. I will die if something like that happen.... to Annie"

I remained silent, his voice was so tender so full of love when he said her name, I almost feel jealous; I wondered if Caleb thought of me in that way, if he was sweet every time he said my name, well, I never paid attention to him before so I wouldn't know.

"Are you going to tell me your name?" I asked hoping for a distraction

"Does it matter?" he cooked an eyebrow "I saved your life"

"It does, I don't want to think of the "guy" when I think of you" I said "I'm Avril, by the way"

"I know" he murmured

"You know?" I sat up "How?"

"Didn't I tell to lie down?" he yelled in worry.

"How do you know my name?" I pressed "Tell me the truth, why are you helping me?"

He sighed frustrated and stared straight ahead. I got mad; he was hiding something from me. I crawled from the back to the empty front seat

"Ey!! Are you crazy?" He exclaimed "You'll get us killed"

"Stop crying and tell me who you are" I demanded

He hesitate, he seemed thinking on what he would say

"My name is Daniel" he finally said "I'm the new Vice President of the Blood Bank corp."

Blood Bank was a, well a blood bank; that was how many vampires feed, the blood was processed so it would be more nourished than regular blood, that way you could last longer without drinking a single drop. The factory was in Alaska, in my home.

"Oh my God" I gasped

"Yeah" he nodded "Your Father is my boss"

Caleb's POV

Monster, Paramore's song filled my car. I was driving to the next big town, just one hour of travel; I was almost there.

I just got a call from one of the trackers; they saw her taking a bus to Fairfield. Ten wolves were with me, they were running in the forest; I just took the car to bring her back, I couldn't make her ride my back on the way home.

I reached for the annoying sound. It was her cell phone, a photo of a man with blonde hair and the same shade of gray eyes as her flashed. He looked young, at least 26 but it reads "the old man" on the screen. I growled and answered the phone

"Abby, honey I'm not mad at you just tell me where...."

"Honey?" I growled jealous "Who are you?"

The line went silent a few seconds

"Answer me" I ordered "I swear I will kill you if you lay hands on my mate"

"You're mate?" he sounded shocked "That's not possible... why wouldn't she tell me..."

"It seems that you know about us" I hinted "What are you?"

"Where is she?" he ignored my question "Is you the one she's running away from? What did you do to her?"

"Me? I protected her from all the bloodsuckers after her" I snap "I just want to where are you hiding her"

There it was, silence again for a few seconds

"Bloodsucker..." he muttered "If I'm not mistaken, for your way of speak; you must be a wolf"

"It seems you're smart" I mocked "Now you tell me who you are, why did you called my mate honey?"

"Jealous?" he laughed "I can't believe she's the mate of a wolf"

I growled at the phone, this was pissing me off but he seemed to laugh more

"How is Marcus?" he asked suddenly

"Marcus? What do you know about Marcus?" I demanded

"I guess that answer my doubt" he muttered sadly

"Doubt?"

"I knew she would find a way to scape to meet him" his voice sounded... proud? "She's a Williams after all"

I frowned. This guy was crazy or bipolar, and it bothered me that my mate was keeping secrets from me, it hurts.

I heard click and the line went dead; dammit I didn't get info from him.

"Hello?" I exclaimed

I stopped the car near the bus station and I went through her phone. I know it wasn't right but hey, I was desperate.

I was lucky she didn't have it blocked. She didn't have any contacts just that guy and another girl, there was a lot of music and pictures. I watched her pictures with a smile on my face, she looked adorable in all of them. Of course there were some that made frown, like one of her with the guy who called her; she was on his back grinning hugely, in others they hug each other or playing around.

I felt as if I might kill somebody when I found one of her kissing his cheek and hugging him, he has blue balloons of happy birthday in his hand.

My chest pained, I couldn't bear to see her with somebody else. I would die first.

Somebody reach for my mind and I flinched, I was so distracted

"Alpha?" Cameron called

"What's wrong?" I asked

"We found her"

I started the engine again, how could I waste so much time?

"Where?" I asked

"In the Hotel Lumier" He rushed "And Sir? She didn't came alone"

"Who's with her?" I reeved the engine and drive off

"She came with vampire"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 8.2K 15
Since the death of his claimed mate, the only thing that's kept Kane's heart beating is his quest for vengeance. His contempt for rogue vampires runs...
201K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...
877K 40.5K 45
Humans didn't know vampires existed, yet they live among them just because they don't make themselves known doesn't mean they are not there. *** Onl...
3.5M 128K 33
I sighed, walking towards him. "Look, big man. I know who you are and I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do." I said before leaning in and kissin...