AUGUST , riverdale (ii)

By -natalics

warning this book ALSO sucks completed cover by ceiestiaiobrien book 2 in the emilia chronicles Emilia and Sw... More

Before You Read
CAST
1: Labor Day
1.2: Labor Day
2: Fortune & Mens Eyes
2.2 Fortune & Mens Eyes
3: As Above, So Below
3.2: As Above, So Below
4: The Midnight Club
4.2: The Midnight Club
5: The Great Escape
5.2: The Great Escape
6: Manhunter
6.2: Manhunter
7: The Man In Black
7.2: The Man In Black
8: Outbreak
8.2 Outbreak
9: No Exit
9.2: No Exit
10: The Stranger
10.2: The Stranger
11: The Red Dahlia
11.2: The Red Dhalia
12: Bizzarodale
12.2: Bizzarodale
updated cast;
13: Requiem for a Welterweight
13.2: Requiem for a Welterweight
14: Fire Walk With Me
14.2: Fire Walk With Me
15: American Dreams
16: BIG FUN
16.2: BIG FUN
17: The Raid
17.2: The Raid
18: Jawbreaker
18.2: Jawbreaker
19: Fear The Reaper
19.2: Fear The Reaper
20: Prom Night
20.1: Prom Night
21: The Dark Secret of Harvest House
21.1: The Dark Secret of Harvest House
22: Survive The Night
22.1: Survive The Night
Thank You

22.2: Survive The Night

1.5K 42 5
By -natalics

"Wait, I still don't get it." Archie says. "Chic got red hair because Penelope's pretending that he's Jason Blossom?"

"Can we explore the craziness that is Oedipus Riverdale after we get the antidote and out of these damn woods?" Veronica groans at Archie. I look up at the red head, pursing my lips as we walk hand in hand.

"Maybe figuring out how all of this is connected is exactly what we should be doing." Jughead says.

I nod. "Jugheads right." I shrug. "Hal, my mother, Chic, they created this unholy trinity with direct links to everything bad that has happened in the last three years." I explain.

Jughead points to me in agreement. "It's like Jason Blossom's death begat the Black Hood, which begat the Gargoyle King."

"But the Gargoyle King existed before Jason was killed." Veronica says.

"Then it's a case of a serpent eating its own tail. It's a vicious cycle of never-ending madness that turns back on itself over and over again until someone breaks the chain." The boy with the beanie says.

While we're walking, Sweet Pea had finally ran to Thistle House. Cheryl and Toni were gathering up the Serpents and the Poisons. "Toni! Cheryl!" He shouts, falling to his knees.

The pink haired gang leader turns around. "Sweet Pea?" She rushes to his side. "What the hell are you doing out here?"

He pants heavily. "Emmy. Jug, all of them are out there."

Nana Rose wheels over, her eyes watering. "Emilia, my baby." She cries. She grabs onto Cheryl. "Bring her back to me." She begs.

"I promise, Nana." Cheryl whispers.

Toni looks around. "Poisons! Serpents! Let's ride!" She looks down at Sweet Pea, holding out a hand. "Lead the way."

We approach another station.

Only one of us left.

"Looks like it's my turn." Betty whispers.

"Hey," Jughead says. "I love you."

She looks up at him. "I love you too." She says, kissing him. I hold Veronica in my arms as she leans on my shoulder tiredly. Betty approaches the rock, unraveling a box.

Which holds a gun.

We all look up, the Black Hood creeping closer. Betty takes the gun, holding it to her side. Hal takes off the mask, looking at his daughter. "You know how this has to end." He says coldly. "You have to kill me, Betty. That's your heart, that's your truth. You can't deny your destiny."

Suddenly, they pull their guns on each other. "Don't make me do this, please." She says lowly.

"Either kill me and get the antidote, or I will kill you and your friends." He snaps. "You have till the count of three." Veronica and I share a worried look. "Either shoot me or I'll shoot you."

"One."

Archie slips away, moving towards another direction.

"Two."

Betty clicks her gun.

Hal opens his mouth-

BANG.

Veronica and I gasp as Hal falls to the ground. His fingers shot off. He gasps in pain, breathing heavily as Betty lowers her gun.

"I will never be like you, Dad." Betty snaps.

"Enough!" My mom says, revealing herself. "Good God, Hal. You can't be trusted to do anything. You were a terrible serial killer, and you still are today. Useless." Suddenly, she pulls out a gun.

BANG

This time, he's dead.

Betty screams as she falls to her knees, Jughead and I quick to catch her, Veronica rushes over as we force her to look away.

Archie snatches the antidote. "And what do you think you're doing?" Penelope snaps.

I stand. "Claiming our prize." I shout. "We won, didn't we?"

Jughead looks at her. "We survived the night. We proved that we're better than this town." He yells.

She nods. "That may or may not be true." Clearly not happy with the outcome. "Kill them. Kill them all!"

Jughead pulls Betty up as I grab Veronica's hand. "Come on!"

I turn around. "Archie!" He jumps over, grabbing my other hand as we run.

As the sun rises, we continue to run from the masked men. My heart pounds against my chest. Archie trips, landing on the ground.

"Archie!" Veronica and I scream. We rush to help him up. I look to my right to see trucks and cars pulling up.

The Pretty Poisons and The Serpents.

Cheryl stands tall. "Take cover!" She shouts. The five of us rush behind her truck as the Poisons shoot their arrows.

"Ronnie, here." Archie hands Veronica the antidote, who after gives it to Betty. I look up at Cheryl as she puts down her arrow.

"Poisons, CHARGE!"

I watch in amazement as the Poisons and Serpents attack the Gargoyles. She looks over at us. "All clear." She smiles.

The five of us all stare at one another, breakout out amazed laughs. We stand on our feet, wrapping our arms around each other.

We did it.

We survived the night.

I rush to Cheryl, hugging her tightly. "I was supposed to save you." I laugh.

"Nothing could stop me from protecting my twin." She smiles.

"Cheryl." Betty rushes over as well. "Cheryl, Why aren't you at the Farm?" She asks. "Where's my mom?"

"She sprung me from that Jonestown-like nightmare and told me to find you. Edgar was planning to ascend tonight."

"Oh, my God. We have to save her."

I grab Betty's hand "Come aboard, cousin."

"Get in." Cheryl says to the rest.

We speed to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, running to where Ascension would be held.

"Kevin." Betty says as she opens the door. My eyes widen at the sight. Kevin Keller, sits in the middle of the room, surrounded by white outfits. His face tear stained.

"They left me." He cries. "I wanted to go, but they said that someone had to stay behind to explain what happened."

"What did happen?" Archie asks.

"The worthy ascended, of course." Kevin snaps.

"Who did? Where's my mom and Polly?" Betty asks.

He looks up at her. "Gone. Everyone is. And we'll never see them again."

Betty's eyes widen as she turns to Jug, hugging him tightly. She lost her family. All in 12 hours.

I walk inside Thistle House, Sweet Pea standing up. "Emmy," He sighs, wrapping his arms around me. "Thank God, Cheryl saved you."

"As if my little sister wouldn't have been rescued by moi." Cheryl coos, leaning against the door.

I laugh, "Thanks again, Cher." I smile.

"No problem, Em." She smiles.

I look back at Sweet Pea. "And thank you. For helping them."

He shakes his head, smiling. "I had to." I return the small smile, looking down. "Hey, someone will be more than excited to see you." He says. He walks up stairs and soon comes back down, Victoria in hand.

"My sweet baby," I coo, my eyes watering as I take her in my arms.

"Put her on the ground." He says, smiling.

I raise a suspicious brow, placing her down. Slowly, Tori lifts up her legs, placing them on the ground. She pushes her self up, on her hands and knees as she crawls forward, then falling into my arms.

I let out a sob. "Oh my god, when did this happen?"

"Mary said it happened the night she got her." He chuckles. "She got it all on video."

I scoop Tori in my arms. "The doctors weren't sure if she was just behind because she was a pre-me or if something was wrong," I choke out.

Sweet Pea shakes his head. "She's doing fine." He grins.

Nearly a week later, the five of us are at Pops, Archie holding Tori as I lean against his shoulder. "Wait. Back up. Your brother's alive. And he's an FBI agent?"

"It's our half-brother." Jughead corrects.And it's pretty crazy, right?"

Betty leans over. "Oh, and my mom is also working for the FBI, undercover at the Farm."

"What?" Me and Archie say at once.

"Actually, that kind of tracks." Veronica laughs.

I sigh. "What about you, Vee?"

"Yeah, Any word about your mom?" Betty asks. Hermione had just gotten arrested, thanks to our father.

"She's trying to cut a deal with the DA, but in the meantime, Smithers is my legal guardian." Veronica explains, smiling.

I lean forward. "Thank god I have Nana." I sigh.

"Guys, let's make a vow." Archie says. We all look at him. "Another one. We've got senior year ahead of us. Let's enjoy it. Let's vow to be done with death cults, and murder mysteries, and gremlins."

Jughead chuckles. "It's gargoyles." He addsz

"Our senior year could be the last time we're all together in the same place. And I don't want to let anything ruin that." Archie says.

We all look around "Agreed. I'm in." Veronica smiles.

"I'm so in." I chirp, kissing Archie's cheek.

" Me too." Betty says.

Jughead sighs. "Well, it sounds a little dull, but sure." He jokes.

"Let's toast." I smile, holding up my drink.

"To the future." Archie says.

CLINK

SPRING BREAK (3rd Person
POV)

Betty, Archie, and Veronica all stand by side. Archie holds a strange beanie, as well as a gold necklace with an E. They all were only in their undergarments, watching as a fire burned.

"Archie." Betty says for the third time. Archie looks over. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yeah."

She looks at the fire. "We have to burn all of our clothes, including Jughead's beanie, and Emmys necklace." She orders. Emmys necklace, one nobody spoke of, but was given to her by Jason a year before he died. She wore it everyday, not many knowing the story. She often wore it with the Cartier necklace Elio bought her, which had been lost before hand. "We'll wash off the blood in the swimming hole." Veronica doesn't say a word. "After tonight, we never speak of this, ever. Not to each other, not to our parents. No one. We finish our senior year and graduate, and we'll go our separate ways. That is the only way that we won't get caught." She looks up at the red head. "Do it."

And he does.

Emmy's POV

CLINK

We all pull our drinks away, smiling. "Friends forever?" Betty hums.

The remains four of us smile. "Friends forever." We say in unison. I smile at Archie, who kisses Tori's cheek. She squeals, causing us all to laugh.

We were finally at peace for the first time all of junior year.

I smiled at my daughter, who was going to be one in eight weeks. I caress her cheek, my green eyes adventuring her brown ones.

And who would've thought,

My would've life changed forever on a warm night in August.

_

i changed this part from the serpent jacket to a necklace because it made more sense to me. i know it doesn't seem to have much meaning but i will try to incorporate it in season 4😂 it was that or a red scrunchie HAHA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.9K 26
It's been a whole summer since she left, but now, Lola Carter is returning to Riverdale, and she's not taking crap from anyone. She's lost a lot - al...
36.6K 1.2K 42
š—™!š—¢š—– š˜… š—š˜‚š—“š—µš—²š—®š—± š—š—¼š—»š—²š˜€ Riverdale, the town with pep. Or so it was before Jason Blossom was found dead. And now, two newly formed best f...
13.8K 356 52
Senior year was supposed to be magical, the best time of their lives. But when Jughead transfers to Stonewall Prep and video tapes start appearing on...
345K 8.3K 26
maybe soul mates just do not exist... riverdale / seasons two - three sweet pea celestialpetsch 2019 ...