In the shadows. (H.S) [A...

By Aneesa2580

"There's something in the shadows. It finds you in a cold room. Silhouette against the wall." Elizabeth Rose... More

In the shadows.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 4

23 6 2
By Aneesa2580

Elizabeth's POV:

"There's always something in the shadows, staring at you. You weren't imagining stuff."

These words keep repeating in my head. I don't even know for how long I have been standing here. I can't seem to move. That guy just disappeared into the darkness after saying these words. 

These damn words have raised so many questions in my mind. Does that mean that I wasn't hallucinating? I wasn't imagining stuff? It was all real? It wasn't a figment of my stupid imagination? Someone has actually been following me? There was something in the shadows all along!? or should i say there is  something in the shadows, that guy..?

Most importantly, what does he want from me?

I don't even know what to think right now! What do I do? Who should I go to?
Niall? No, I know that he'll get even more worried than I am and it would make the matter worse. Should I go to the police? I'm not sure.. Christina! I should go to her before he shows up again.

I start to run. I keep running for what feels like hours but in reality, is just a few minutes. I'm totally breathless. For once in my life I couldn't be more glad about Christina's apartment being on a walking distance.

Finally, I reach her apartment and start banging on the door. "Calm down! I'm coming!", I hear her yell but that doesn't stop me from banging at her door. She finally opens the door saying, "Calm down! What, is your ass on fir-", her eyes suddenly go wide before she can finish her sentence as she takes in the image in front of her. 

"OH MY GOD LIZ! ARE YOU OKAY!?", she asks and grabs both of my arms.

"I-I-I don't know..", I stutter as I'm out of breathe from all the running.

"Honey, what's wrong? Come. Come inside," she says as she walks inside of her apartment and I follow her.

 I sit down on the couch and she brings a glass of water for me. After a while I blurt out everything. Looking at her expressions now, it feels like I caught her off guard. She listens to me attentively. However I don't look towards her the whole time. When I'm done I look towards her and she has a strange expression on her face that I can't figure out. She stares at me for a few moments. It's like she's trying to figure out what to say. She opens her mouth to say something but then stops.

The next thing she says completely shocks me and for some reason disappoints me.

"Liz..Are you hallucinating again?" she asks me with a sympathetic expression. What!? Are you seriously kidding me?

"Christina, are you being serious right now!?", I yell at her. "I literally got pinned to a wall by some guy and was told that I was in fact being stalked! What part of 'You aren't imagining stuff' do you not get?" I ask as I stand up from the couch and clench my fists.

"Liz, calm down. I'm just asking. I'm concerned about you. You know that what happened in your past cannot be ignored right.? You have to keep that in mind as well. Look, all I'm asking is that are you sure? Are you completely one hundred percent sure that it actually happened?" she asks and it only fuels my anger.

"Are you fucking kidding me!? Why the hell on Earth aren't you believing me? You don't fucking trust me anymore? Is that it? You think I'm making it up or that I'm HALLUCINATING!?" I yell the last part and run my hand through my hair.

"It's not that, okay! I believe you. I have always trusted you! How can you even think that?", she says as she takes a step closer to me. She holds my hands and continues to speak. "Look, I know that this is scary and that you're all freaked out right now. You need to calm down and let your anger cool down so that we can figure out what to do in the morning. Okay?"

"What do you mean figure it out in the morning? I can't take a risk. I'm going to the police right now! I don't care if you wanna come or not!"

"Liz, If that's what you wanna do then okay. But first hear me out. Please." she pleads. 

I nod as a sign for her to continue. "You have to think this through. Firstly, you have to be completely and utterly sure that it wasn't you hallucinating or imagining stuff. And if you are sure that you weren't, then we also have to think about the second point over here. The place where you met the guy is nearby a bar. There is a bar down the street from there. So we don't really know if he was drunk or he could be high on drugs. Who knows? We can't just assume that he meant what he said. You told me yourself that he was talking very slow and all. And trust me, you're lucky that he didn't take any kind of advantage of you." she explains.

"But.. I don't remember smelling any alcohol in his breath.." I trail off. 

"You see, you were just in shock. Maybe that's why. And you didn't even look at his face clearly. You just know the color of his eyes after all. Look Liz, I'm really sorry for not being there when you had to face this especially considering this fear of yours in the past few months. But we have already studied in psychology that sometimes your brain makes up stuff to keep you distracted or whenever you're alone, your fears get the best of you. So, you have to keep these two things in your mind before taking the next step. If you wanna go to the police, then i totally get it and even if you wanna stay here for the night or for as long as you want to. Even if you feel like calling Niall, i can do that for you. The choice is yours and I will support you. You know that I have and always will want the best for you."

"No. Keep Niall out of this. You know that he'll freak out even more than me after hearing this. And I don't want you two to be treating me like a seven year old. And just keep this between you and me," I say after I have fully calmed down.

"Ahan, we should keep this from Niall but for now only. You know that he'll be mad at me for not telling him. But oh well, I don't really care what he says," she says pouting like a child.

"Okay I should leave now," I say as rush towards the door. But I feel Christina grab my hand.

"Wait. You're not staying?" she asks and I shake my head. "Okay, do you want me to come with you to your place?" she offers with a worried look on her face.

"No, It's okay. See! That's the reason I shouldn't be telling you everything. That God damn look on your face! That pisses me off. I hate it." I say and she chuckles.

"Well it's not my fault that you hate sympathy. Just kidding, don't worry I don't ever feel sympathy for anyone and you know that. You know that you're the only person I care and get worried about. So be thankful because you're my person", she says which makes me smile.

"And you are my person.", I say smiling. "Okay, now I have to leave. I'll see you tomorrow. Byee."

"Yeah okay. Take care and call me if you want me to kick some drunk guy's ass. I gladly will. Byee," she says, smiling as she closes her door.

"It was just some addict, nothing to be worried about," I say to myself.

Okay. So now what?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A.N:

Do vote and comment!

-_-_-_-_-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.8K 81
invasato; possessed or dominated by a strong passion. - "Alice in Wonderland? That's your favorite book." he remarks with his brow arched and his vo...
3.7K 34 11
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
154K 6K 78
✔️ COMPLETE ✔️ From the young troubled woman, struggling to find herself, Meg comes back stronger than ever. With a profession she loves, her husband...
7.9K 353 44
"𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵." "𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘩.. 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩." "𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰...