UN-RAVEL : The inner strength...

By sparkleofnight_22

When you are clueless about your PAST, Sceptical about your FUTURE, What will you do? If you ask me, I WILL L... More

PROLOGUE...
INTRO-CUM-CHARACTER SKETCH....
UN-RAVEL 1.... Hye!!! I am Zamira....
MALHOTRA'S MANSION...
MALHOTRA'S MANSION 2....
UN-RAVEL 2... NOBODY...
UN-RAVEL 3.... FIRST SIGN OF AFFECTION....
UN-RAVEL 4.... SURREAL....
UN-RAVEL 5.... MY OWN SHARE OF DOUBTS....
UN-RAVEL 6.... THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT EVERYTHING TODAY....
UN-RAVEL 7.... RAINBOWS & UNICORNS....
UN-RAVEL 8.... WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER....
UN-RAVEL 9.... I MEAN BAD BOY.... ISN'T SO BAD....
INTRODUCING NEW CHARACTERS....
MALHOTRA'S MANSION 3....
DHAWAN'S MANSION....
UN-RAVEL 10.... NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS....
UN-RAVEL 11.... YOU TWO ARE TOO DAMN, HOT....
MERRY CHRISTMAS šŸŽ…....
UN-RAVEL 12.... LET'S LEARN GUITAR....
UN-RAVEL 13.... BAD OR GOOD....
UN-RAVEL 14.... DARK HELL HOLE....
UN-RAVEL 15.... FRIENDS....
UN-RAVEL 16.... SHE IS MY DAUGHTER....
UN-RAVEL 17....
UN-RAVEL 18....THAT'S HOW I FEEL....
UN-RAVEL 20....
UN-RAVEL 21.... MY HOPE....
UN-RAVEL 22.... RISE AND FALL....
UN-RAVEL 23.... HAZE....
UN-RAVEL 24.... ROCKY DAY....
UN-RAVEL 25.... NEW DAWN....
UN-RAVEL 26... FORTIS FORTUNA ADIVUAT....
UN-RAVEL 27.... I AM STRONG...
UN-RAVEL 28.... GUNS & FIGHTS....
UN-RAVEL 29.... FIGHTING OUR EVILS...
UN-RAVEL 30....
UN-RAVEL 31.... PERIOD....
UN-RAVEL 32.... MEMORIES....
UN-RAVEL 33.... FROZEN MOMENT.....
UN-RAVEL 34....
UN-RAVEL 35....
UN-RAVEL 36....
UN-RAVEL 37.... THE FAMILY TREE....
UN-RAVEL 38.... THE FEUD WITH PAST...
UN-RAVEL 39.... MANIK & NANDANI....
UN-RAVEL 40...
UN-RAVEL 41...
HAPPY DIWALI...
HAPPY GURUPURAB....
PROMO....
UN-RAVEL 42...
NOTE...
Vote...
UN-RAVEL 43....
UN-RAVEL 44...
45.
UN-RAVEL 46.... MUSICAL NIGHT...
UN-RAVEL 47...
UN-RAVEL 48...
UN-RAVEL 49... PART A...
UN-RAVEL 49... PART B...
UN-RAVEL 50...
UN-RAVEL 51...
UN-RAVEL 52...
UN-RAVEL 53...
UN-RAVEL 54...
HAPPY DIWALI...
UN-RAVEL 55...

UN-RAVEL 19.... QUESTIONS??? ANSWERS....

1.2K 105 7
By sparkleofnight_22

UN-RAVEL 19....

QUESTIONS??? ANSWERS....

Manik could feel his nerves jerking as he enters the hospital this time. Every part of him feels different. He walk swiftly upto Zamira's room to find his father and Ansh rambling outside worriedly, for a second he can feel his heart in his throat, ready to come out any second. Reaching out to them he looks with fear in his eyes. His father slightly pats his shoulder, "Relax Manik, Zamira gained her conscious so doctor is checking her." Manik heaves a sigh of relief. After about twenty minutes of examination doctor allowed them to meet Zamira stating she is fine but in dire need of rest.

Her tired body laid limp and the peace Manik had witnessed earlier on her face is replaced by pain. She turns towards the door on hearing the door knob click and a growl of pain leaves her mouth. Her body is covered in so many wounds that a single simple movement makes her shriek. She closes her eyes in pain as tears flow from her eyes towards her ears.

"How are you Zamira?" While staring at his granddaughter Abhinendra Malhotra states, oh how he wish not to see this sight again but the play of fate just has different plans. He cares her hair knowing the pain she is suffering from. She gently nods in assurance.

"You should take some rest, kiddo. We will come later." Ansh says with a gentle smile. Before leaving Abhinendra pats Manik's shoulder, "Take care, son." To which he nod.

Manik settles beside Zamira as she turns to look at the roof of the hospital the rill of tears continue to flow. Though he terribly want to scold her, question her about everything and shout at her for hiding everything from him, but his heart wrenches seeing her state, voluntarily his hand reaches upto her and the back of his hand moves along the trails of her tears, she holds his hand abruptly and snuggles it close to her face and breaks down into a loud whimper. He motions himself closer to her and pats her head, placing a gentle kiss he tries to comfort her and leaning in he whisper, "Shh.... Everything is going to be okay." By now he is sitting on the bed with her and her one hand is snuggling his hand close to her face while the other is holding the edge of his sweatshirt.

"Shh.... Stop crying Zu, you will spoil your health more." His words land on the deaf ears as she winced even louder this time. He lowers himself so he could embrace her gently not to hurt her or remove any wires, instead she wrapped her arms around him and hugs him as tightly as she could. Her wounds did hurt her but pain in her heart overpowered it. She hugs him as her life depends on him and all her pain and misery will drown away if she keeps hugging him. After crying for a good half an hour her hold loosens, only for Manik to realise that she has fallen in deep slumber already. He gently untangles himself from her hold being careful not to hurt her and gets back to the chair besides her. Gently patting her head he stay there looking at her peacefully pained face.

Hours later she opens her eyes and turns to him as all the while he has been looking at her, he doesn't misses a single movement in her body.

"Water." The word comes out rough and dry, nodding gently first, he adjust her bed so that she is in half supine position and then make her drink water slowly with spoon as advised by the doctor she too dinks like a small child and after five spoons she is done.

"Shall I call the doctor." She nods in disagreement, "How are you feeling?" He ask though he knew the answer well. She turns to him and smiles, her smile though tired and weak, did reach her eyes. "My strong, baccha." He say as he kisses her forehead and she nods gently.

After few minutes of silence a nurse enters the room, so Manik moves aside for her to be able to check Zamira properly. After careful examination, asking some normal questions and penning down few things on the cardboard besides Zamira's bed she turns to Manik and answers his unasked obvious questions, "Your daughter is stable for now, Mr. Malhotra. We shall perform some tests in a while and then further procedure will take place. Doctor asked me to inform you that the police officers shall come after a while to take Zamira's statement." I nod.

By the end of the conversation Zamira knew three things.

One a lot of people know about her wounds.

Two she is weak and can't defend herself.

Three and most important one is she has to protect her mom.

What she knows is if you can't work hard then you have to work smart. Though her pounds like hell and feels dizzy under the effect of medicine, she has to think through this. She looks at Manik who just turned to look at her and through her rough throat she mumbles, "Sergeant."

Manik nods, "Yup. The doctors had to file a case. So today the police officers would be coming to interrogate you so they know whom to press charges on."

Zamira clears her throat while thinking intently, "I just fell." She says meekly avoiding any eye contact.

"Well, you can tell that to the officer. Still I suppose I shall tell this to you that Brian saved you and he has testified otherwise." Zamira looks at Manik and blinks her eyes as the memory of Brian saving her flashes into her eyes.

She remembers how he held her head in his hand and his eyes being moist, though she could feel the world spin just before she lost her conscious she felt a drop of water near her eye, it wasn't raining fir sure that means that drop was Brian's tear. Brian is the guy who saved her twice and those girls were nothing but some jealous high school punks. She didn't know either of them well but irrespective of anything Brian has always lent a helping hand to her. Her brain switches to the conversation they had when she had shown up at their place on Friday and how cryptic he seemed to be. Above all is his bad boy reputation and the way Katherine (Chris's mom) stood by him with hope of seeing a better person and how had her face enlightened into a free spirit on knowing Brian had helped Zamira. If she was confused earlier, she isn't now. Brian doesn't deserves to be wronged irrespective of whatever he had done in past that she is unaware of. What she knows is he wants to change and that's enough for her.

Within half an hour to police officers enter her ward. One of the is short with thick eyebrows, round face, stiff looks, pale colour and dark brown hair, while the other one is tall with strong demeanour, fair complexion, placid looks yet an attractive young officer.

"Hello... Miss. Zamira. If I am not wrong." The taller officer asks and Zamira nods in agreement, "I am Officer Mathew Maconic and he is Officer Robert Smith."

"Hello. Officer." Zamira says precisely trying to manage for her words to not depict her pain but she fails at it badly.

"Can you please leave us alone sir." Officer Robert says to Manik who nods in agreement.

"Please let him be here." Zamira pleads to the officer taking hold of Manik's one hand and judging from the situation and finding Manik's presence to be harmless the officers agree.

The taller and fair officer Mathew begins to interrogate Zamira, "Will you please tell us your full name for the records."

Zamira nods, "Zamira. That's my full name officer."

Passing a scrutinizing look officer nods in agreement as he pens down the name and continues, "Will you please tell us what happened yesterday at your school, which lead you to be in this condition."

Zamira nods, "After break I had a free period so I was going to library. I decided to go from the ground as it's a shot cut. When I reached the" Zamira as continuous speaking dried her throat and Manik offers her water she takes a few sips painfully and then continues, "When I reached the end of ground, it's a bit isolated especially at that time of the day. Four girls cornered me and we got into verbal argument and soon it turned into a fight."

"May I know the name of the girls."

Blinking her tears back which were result of extreme anger as that time had clouded her memory again she tells him the answer to his desired question, "Malina Collis, Alexis Dorian, Erica Janie and Phoebe Tomkins."

"Well, Zamira we had a conversation with your doctor and she informed us that you have been tortured before this too. Will you please tell us something about that."

Zamira knew this was coming, but she even knows she isn't ready for it. Her heart sinks to the pit of her stomach and Manik looks at her in astonishment as she presses his hand with so much of pressure that his palm starts to pain and the area where her finger nails come in contact with his skin blood rushes there and leaving the veins it drops out slowly. Zamira could herself feel her nail beds pain and even after being in so much pain she couldn't help pressing Manik's hand even tighter and if she exerted bit more pressure one thing Manik knew for sure is he will have broken bones in his hand. He knows that this isn't an action out of pain but furry.

Bitting her lips Zamira speaks as per she had planned in her mind from the warning she had received earlier, "I was in an abusive relationship." The words seemed so foreign to both Manik and Zamira but were believable for the police officers. Zamira didn't realise what she had exactly said till she could hear her own voice vibrate in her ears. It felt like something abstract had taken a concrete shape.

She turns to look at the officer trying to judge by their expressions, whether they bought her lie or not, they seemed sceptical at first and then to counter their doubts the again question her, "Can you give us a name and address."

Zamira nods, "Will Peter. Block 3A, East Bromwich, Stanfield Road."

"Well did you press charges against him." Officer asks scrutinizing her.

"Nope. I left him and made peace with my life. He is a psycho and I didn't want his reflection in my life."

Officer nods as he notes down the address, " Alright. One last question and then we shall leave you." Zamira nods as her grip loosens over Manik's hand, "We have been trying to contact your mother but she isn't on the receiving end. Would you tell us about her whereabouts and any other number."

Zamira takes a deep breath this didn't seem to go easy on her at all, every question and everything is a memory of either the vulnerable past or the pathetic life she is leaving and almost every word she is saying is a lie. How is she supposed to manage all this. The inside of her body burns as of somebody is pouring avid on her and she feels being corroded by it.

"My mom has left me forever and I don't know where she is. All she said is she isn't coming back ever."

"Oh..." Expresses the officer, "Do you have someone else...."

Zamira cuts him before he can complete and crudely says, "There is no more information I have for you. Now if you don't mind please leave me alone." Officer sighs but he nods and both of them leave.

Zamira turns towards Manik she says pleadingly, "Please leave me alone for a while." Manik nods as he gets up to leave.

"Press the emergency button if you need anything." Zamira nods restless to be left alone.

As she hears the clack of the door she hits her palm to her forehead, tears flow down her eyes out of frustration. She rubs them furiously.

"What the hell!!!" She shouts to her own self and coughs hard clutching the sheet over her. The hospital setting, IV machine, ECG and all the wires connected to her, the innumerable lies she spoke, her wounds everything irks her to no ends and above all is the pain she feels in every cell of her body. She tries getting rid of the wires but fails miserable she doesn't even has that much strength in her. Bringing her legs close to her she hisses in pain and more tears flow down her eyes. She falls back on the headrest and this time without fighting her tears. After few minutes of frustrated crying and growling she takes painful yet fast breaths to control her racing heartbeat. She turns to look at her hand there are clips attached to her fingers she circles those clips on the bed sheet and then strikes her two fingers together a muffled chuckle leaves her mouth followed by a sigh as she looks at the roof.

The emptiness in the room that she wanted so badly a few minutes ago now seemed to haunt her and as badly as she had wanted Manik to leave her alone for a small outburst, now equally wants him back.

Outside the room as Manik leaves he walks upto the officers for some enquiry and soon the officers leave ensuring him. Next he is encountered by the Principal of Red Fill High who apologizes and ensures to take some strict measures and with the principal are two other people namely Brian and Naumi both had given their statements to the police officers.

Naumi hands over Zamira's school bag to Manik as she had taken it from school the previous day so she though of returning it and along with it she handovers Zamira's cellphone too.

"Mr. Malhotra, how is Zamira?" Naumi asks simply.

"She is conscious and doing good with recovery. Thank you for asking." Manik replies shortly himself.

Brian fidgeting with his fingers mustering enough courage asks Manik, "Can I meet Zamira once."

Manik who in any other situation wouldn't have stand Brian for a second nods in agreement owing to the kindness he had shown, "Thank you for helping her, Brian."

Brian nods, "Consider it as my redemption, Mr. Malhotra." Manik nods.

Brian knocks at Zamira's ward who look expectantly for Manik but smiles seeing Brian there, maybe having him isn't a bad idea so she allows him to enter.

"Hye!" He wishes awkwardly.

Zamira manages to smile, "Hi, Brian."

Brian too smiles back and then piercing his lips says, "How are you feeling?"

"Being punched makes me feel out of the world."

Brian chuckles at her sarcasm, "Seems like punches have activated your sarcastic zones."

Zamira nods chuckling along with him and then with a smile says, "Thank you for saving me. Kinda, always."

"Your welcome." Changing his tone to serious one he continues, "You should have told them about being bullied, everything might not have lead you here."

Zamira sighs, "Ya, maybe. Forget it anyways." Brian nods and an awkward silence takes over the atmosphere as they look here and there.

Zamira is the one to break the ice, "May I ask you something." Brian nods as he sits besides her.

"When I was going unconscious I felt your tear. Why were you crying?"

Brian looks around being a bit embarrassed though he knew few people saw him cry that day but he wishes that they let it slide and here she is asking him being all bossed up. "Umm.... Actually...."

Zamira looks at him and waves the topic off, "Let it be."

Brian looks at her thankfully, "You actually scared the day light out of all of us." Zamira smiles apologetically.

"I think I should leave you to rest." He says standing up.

"Please don't go. At least till somebody doesn't comes. These rooms are haunting."

Brian nods, "I can't agree less. I hate them myself."

Zamira nods and stares outside the window though she can't see much far and Brian looks at the door as they both settle in a comfortable silence this time.

"My mother." Brian says meekly as Zamira turns towards him with a plain look on her face indicating she is all ears, "My mother was killed in a violent attack on the roadside. I was with her barely six years old. I saw her being beat to death just because she asked an arrogant young jock to move his car away. I was frozen to my place. I was so shocked that I couldn't move an inch and when I did I called for help, it was too late. She died on her way to hospital. I hate myself for not being able to save her." He says pushing his tears back and that's how Zamira can relate to him so much. She knows how it feels to see your mother being beaten. Her hand reaches out to his hand, her palm comes in contact with the back of his hand and she rubs his hand. He turns to look at her and sighs, "I was a weak coward."

"And you are a strong boy. You couldn't save your mom because you were a young kid, you couldn't have helped her more then you did. Trust me it's okay to be dazed. Even a level headed adult can feel weak at such point you were still a kid. You did the best you could. How much ever you may have tried you wouldn't be able to defeat those men. One day you couldn't save you mom but today she would be proud of you because you saved me. You have changed and you were able to replace your weakness with power. Don't feel guilty and even if you feel that way don't let it put you down, Brian. I can't be enough thankful of you." Brian nods. While Zamira thinks about what she just said. Was she only trying to help Brian or did these words go for her too. Wasn't she suppose to let go off her guilt. Isn't she try the best. Can't she convert her weakness into strength for her mother. She sighs.

"You are a great person. Thank you." Brian says rubbing her hand.

Zamira nods and forwards her hand, "Can we be friends now."

Brian looks at her and like the previous time he doesn't wish to let go off her this time, though he knows he is being selfish he still doesn't wants to loose a person like her. She is the first one to help him feel lighter and the first person whom he shared his insecurities with. Some bonds aren't old and deep they are just meant to be.

Taking her hand in his he nods, "You know I am a bad boy and I have done something really bad in past."

Zamira nods, "Yup. I do. But that's least of my concern. I really don't care."

Brian, "Just don't hate me."

"I don't think I can." He nods.

"Well, I will call Mr. Malhotra then." Zamira nods.

"Hye. I didn't know he was your father btw." Zamira looks at him being shocked and then her mind goes back to the burse who had earlier come to check her had addressed her as is his daughter.

She turns towards Brian and managing a smile says, "Yup. Long story."

Brian nods taking the cue that she doesn't wants to discuss it, "Take care." Zamira nods.

Brian leaves the ward and informs Manik about Zamira waiting for him and he nods leaving towards her ward and thanking Brian once again for his help.

Some dynamics have changed that day and few others were going to change. Dropping Naumi at her place Brian enters at his own house only to find his father waiting for him and as soon as he enters Andrew turns towards him. Though Brian had expected to be scolded for his late arrival but today Andrew had something else on his mind. He points towards the couch and taking a cue, Brian settles down.

"How is Zamira?" Is the first question Andrew asks him.

"She is better." Brian says awkwardly.

"How are you Brian?" Brian looks at Andrew being shocked and then manages to say, "Fine." Andrew nods.

"You know whatever has happened in past can't be forgotten, Brian." Brian nods.

"I know dad and please that's the last thing I want to talk about right now."

"I know... I know..." Andrew sighs, "You know what Brian, I have decided to forgive you." Brian looks being shocked at Andrew who nods.

"For what I did for Zamira."

Andrew nods in disagreement, "I won't say that is one of the factors but there are other reasons too. I know what you did is wrong but I guess everyone deserves a second chance and you seem to have earned it, Brian. I have seen you change into a better person. You have left your old habits and I am glad."

Brian nods, "Thank you." He says getting up but Andrew holds him back and continues looking into his eyes, "Are you reminded of mom." Brian looks at Andrew with a layer of tears in his eyes and then he turns to look at other side.

Andrew presses his shoulder, "It's okay, Brian."

"I am a bad person and nothing can change that." He tries being rude.

"No." Andrew says feeling offended, "Not at all. You aren't bad. You never were, you never will be." Brian turns to look at him, "Look what you did is wrong but past can't be changed and we are humans we can change ourselves and about your mom, Brian I told you back then, I am telling you now and I will repeat it, till you don't understand completely. It wasn't your fault. Baby, she loved you and she will never like you blaming yourself for her death. That was somebody's evil you had nothing to do with it."

Brian's eyes tear up as he brings himself to speak, "When I saw Zamira her head was bleeding just like mom's, I thought she would die. She was injured just the way mum was and everything was just same. For sometime I felt like that five years old, weak and wrecked." He rubs off his tears trying to control himself, he is anything but controlled.

Andrew takes his son in his embrace trying to cajole him and that's the moment he realised after turns of events in past how much far they had drifted. There use to be a time when Brian didn't really mind sharing his part with him but today he felt awkward, hurt and he is weak in the moment to hold his own self up and if he isn't so vulnerable he might have not shared a thing.

Patting his son's head he says softly, "Everything is going to be okay."

Brian tries taking in as much as comfort and strength he could from his father as that's what he needs after everything. He know he has made mistakes or blunders in past but he really wished to be the small kid who can get away just saying a simple sorry but now being forgiven by his father and having accepted Zamira's friendship, the introduction of this affection makes him feel both good and scared at the same time.

Both pull out of the hugs and chuckle uncomfortably.

Andrew getting up without making an eye contact, "Umm.... I guess you should freshen up."

Brian, "Ya, you are right. I will." Saying that he walks.

"Umm.... Are you okay now." Andrew asks.

"Much better." Brian says with a smile.

To be continued....

Keep smiling
Stay blessed
&
For now signing off
SHIVIKA 😊....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 3.4K 23
Their love story began like any other. The good girl and the bad boy hated each other at first and then slowly fell in love. But everything came to a...
244K 11.4K 41
HELLO EVERYONE!!! THIS IS A STORY OF A BADBOY... AND HOW HE FELL IN LOVE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND... AND CHANGED COMPLETELY.... I WELCOME YOU ALL TO JOIN...
I found love By Kanantayal

Mystery / Thriller

72.6K 5.2K 39
Hi everyone, this is my first story so please adjust with me. This story is of a girl who became mature earlier than her age. The girl who carved f...
239K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...