UN-RAVEL 20....

UN-RAVEL 20....

As the clock ticks an hour past one Ivaan stretches himself out of the bed and turns a little, a while later he is reminded of the day earlier, he snaps his head to look at the watch placed on the table besides him and curses under his breath seeing the time he slept for without even using the washroom he rushes down shouting for his mother.

"What happened Ivaan? Why are you shouting?" Aliya asks him in response to his shouts.

"Mom, you are asking me what happened. Did you see the time I slept for so long and you didn't even bother to wake me up. How can you. Buddy would be alone. And how is Zamira?"

"Shhh....." Aliya pats her son's shoulder in order to calm him down, "Will you please relax and listen to me." Ivaan huffs but nods, "First of all you have been up for too long and not only I but even Manik wanted that you should rest and Manik is not alone Maa, Ansh and Piya are with him. And about Zamira she is in her conscious now. Doctors have advised to keep her under observation." Ivaan nods, "Now you better go and freshen up."

Ivaan nods in disagreement, "No, mom I am already late and I will go. Please..."

"Shut up, you idiot." Cabir reprimands him, "Look because of you I am also here only. Now go freshen up and then we will eat something together and by then everyone will be here from school as well so we all will go together." Ivaan makes a grumpy face but a stare from Cabir helps him to not negotiate with them.

"Now go. I will prepare something for you." Aliya says patting his cheeks lovingly.

Ivaan rushes to his room and freshening up gets ready and soon along with Cabir, he has his breakfast-cum-lunch and then they leave for hospital. They spot Manik at the entrance of the hospital talking to someone on call and all his face gives away is pure frustration.

"Manik. Why are you so frustrated?" Manik turns to look at Cabir stuffing his phone back in the pocket.

"Cabir..." He sighs, "I called up Cadrica." Cabir gives him a confused look, "Umm.... She is Nandani's friend and the lawyer who handed over Zamira's responsibility to me. She doesn't knows anything about Nandani and she even said that she will come to meet Zu and it can be complicated."

"Vovo... Vovo...." Cabir pats Manik's both shoulders with his hands, "You are making no sense Manik. So please explain us what you are trying to say."

Manik huffs and rubbing his forehead nods in agreement, "Today the police officers came to take Zu's statement and she told them few things which didn't make sense to me. Like she was in an abusive relationship and Nandani has left her. I mean how..."

"Wait.... What? What do you mean by that buddy?" Ivaan asks with a scrutinised look in his eyes as if he is trying to hard to understand the situation.

Manik huffs and weighing his options he decides to tell Ivaan something that nobody accept for his mother, Cabir, the doctors and him knew, "Ivaan you need to patiently listen to me, okay." Ivaan nods, "Doctors told us that.... Ummm..... Zamira has been tortured before this incident too." Ivaan looks with wide eyes at him as if somebody slipped floor beneath his feat and he still managed to stand, "The thing is that when today the police officers enquired about it she said it's was just an abusive relationship and when asked about Nandani she said, Nandani left her. Which both clear cut lies."

"Didn't police check about her abuse story." Cabir questions ignoring Ivaan who is still in daze.

"That's the thing. They did and even found it out to be true. About Nandani I checked with Cardiac and she told me that Nandani didn't meet her instead she just had a conversation with her over the phone and now there is no sing of her. About Cadrica she will come to check Zu and might take her out of my custody."