UN-RAVEL 30....

UN-RAVEL 30....

FLASHBACK CONTINUED.....

"Manik....." Mukti ran upto him as he came out of the station.

"Manik sir how is Nandani?" Navya asked worried.

Manik calms them down and narrates the entire story.

"Oh.... my god.... that's too much. How can they do that?" Aliya says frustrated.

"I have no idea but I need to go and meet Nandani's chacha and chachi right now." He says rushing to his car.

"Wait Manik...."

"What Mukti?" Manik asks desperately as he was falling short of time. Each spec waisted meant a second more of Rishab being in that hell.

"Look there are very less chances of his chacha and chachi to agree to get him out. We need another plan."

"Mukti is right Manik. We need a plan B. We need to be fully equipped in case they don't agree."

"What? What can we even do?" Manik says completely out of any other plans.

"Quid Pro Quo." Navya says out of the blue.

"Quid what???" Cabir asks confused.

"Ary it's a law term. It means offering something in return of other. We need to find something so that they can't back off and have no option other then taking their complaint back."

"Like money." Aliya says.

"Better. Blackmail." Mukti smirks.

"But how...."

"Guys Their chacha and chachi gave police a CCTV footage of their house means they have CCTV cameras and if they have been so desperate to get rid of Rishab this wouldn't be their first attempt. They could have done things before too." Cabir explains briefly.

"Awesome. Manik and Cabir you both go and talk to their chacha and chachi. Navya and Aliya you both have to enquire from the people around their house the washerman or servant ir anyone who can give a good solid testimony. While I will stay and hack their CCTV and go through all the footages." Mukti explains their plan of action and all nod in agreement.

"I will come with you." Abhimanyu says.

"No Abhi you should be here with Nandani."

"Manik Nandani can take care of herself right now getting Rishab out is our priority and not taking care of everyone we must do that. And there would be alot of footages Mukti won't be able to do it alone." All nod and leaves towards chacha and cahchi's house.

@MURTHY HOUSE....

"Who are you?" Asks a man in his mid fifties as he opens the door.

"Manik Malhotra. May I talk to Mr. Avinash Murthy."

"That's me. How can I help you?" Avinash says a bit frustrated as he was woken from his sleep.

"I am Nandani's friend I need to talk to you about Rishab."

"I have nothing to say get out." Avinash says rudely and slams the door which is stopped by Manik's hand.

"Alright then maybe you will have a lot to tell the police." Avinash looks at him frustrated and angrily opens the door and let's him in.

"Who is there Avinash?" Calls out his wife Kaveri.

"Nandani's friends."

"Manik." Manik says pointing at himself and then pointing at Cabir "Cabir."

"We need to talk." He says sitting on the couch.

"What do you want to talk about?" Kaveri asks looking at the dispitefully.

"What do you want in return of taking the FIR back?" Manik asks straight forward without wasting any time.

"Nothing because we aren't taking that filthy shit back in our house. After such a long time we got rid of his sister and now that bastard isn't leaving our house. We wanted to get rid of him so we did. We caught him stealing on a camera so we handed him over to the police. We didn't do anything wrong so you can't blame us or force us. Now get the hell out of my house." Kaveri shouts in anger.

"Shut the hell up." Manik shouts back louder then her, "He is just a kid. I will take him with me just get rid of the FIR you don't want him you don't have to keep him but get get him out of the jail."

"No. There si no fun in that." Avinash smirks.

"He is your brother's son and can you hear yourself seriously." Cabir looks at him as if he is seeing the most ridiculous person in the world.

"Ya my perfect brother. Intelligent, charming, apple of everyone's eyes, loving, caring, adorable jackass brother. The man I hate the most in my life. How could anyone even think that I will give roof to his children?"

"Look you had problem with their father it's not fair to take it out on them." Manik tries to explain calmly.

"Ya those glorious bookish words why don't you keep them to yourself Mr. Malhotra. I am tired of hearing them."

"Mr. Murthy I will give you anything you want in exchange just take the FIR back. Please." Manik says controlling his temper.

"Interesting a stranger is ready give up everything for Nandani's brother. What did that little slut give you?" Kaveri smirks finding a place for her gossip.

"HOW DEAR YOU?" Manik barked at top of his voice his eyes ablaze, "DON'T YOU DEAR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HER. SHE IS A LOT BETTER HUMAN THEN YOU HAVE EVER BEEN AND EVER WILL BE."

"GET OUT MY HOUSE. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COME HERE AND SHOUT AT MY WIFE IN OUR OWN HOUSE. GET OUT BEFORE I THROW YOU OUT."

Cabir holds Manik's shoulder and blinks his eyes in order to calm him down and make him understand, "Let's go."

They leave the house all frustrated.

"Mukti did you find something." Cabir asks as he sees Mukti, Abhimanyu, Navya and Aliya discussing something very seriously.

They all turn and smile nodding enlightening the lost hope in Manik, "What?" He asks impatiently.

"Get in the car and will tell you on ride back." Abhimanyu says confidently.

"Anyways meet Dhanya aunty she works for Murthy's." Navya introduces her to Manik who nods.

"Guys I will be with Dhruv and get the formalities done." Saying that Aliya leaves in her own car.

"What is it guys?" Manik asks them again.

"Manik these Murthy's are very cruel. Dhanya aunty will tell you the entire story." Mukti asks her to speak further.

"Sir I work for Murthy's since past 5 years. They were very fine people until and unless Nandani bitya and Rishab baba came. They became very cruel to them. They hated them a lot. I have seen them keep these two in small store room for a very long time. These two kept crying they weren't even given food and when they were given food it used to be bad, stale. Once the kids even fell I'll but by God's grace they were saved. Since a week Murthy's hadn't given Rishab baba anything to eat. That poor kid was very hungry I guess that's why he stole the food."

"Will you tell this to the police." Manik asks.

"Yes sir. Sure. I tried to help those kids but Murthy's always blackmailed me and warned me but this is too much sir. I am sorry I didn't do anything earlier if I had Rishab baba wouldn't have to see this day. I am sorry." She apologizes.

"It's okay." Manik keeps it short as he looks out of the window.

Within next 30 minutes Officer Tahirya Kashyap left Rishab and arrested the Murthy's for violence on a child and Rishab was allowed to leave.

"These are some clothes for Rishab and that's a washroom. Go get him changed." Aliya says passing a smile to Nandani.

"Oh hello she is a girl and he is boy they won't be allowed in the different washrooms. Rishab why don't you come with me." Cabir directs first statement to Aliya and the next to Rishab who turns to look at Nandani and a nod from her makes him go along with Cabir.

"Alright then we will go and order till then." The rest of them leave to order food leaving Nandani and Manik behind.

"Ummm....." Manik clears his throat trying to gain Nandani's attention, "Nandani....."

Nandani turns to look at Manik with tears in her eyes and Manik is taken aback.

"Nandani it's over please don't cry."

"Thank you. Thank you for everything Manik." She says folding her hands in gratitude and looks at him gratefully, "I have no idea what I would have done if you weren't there. Thank you so much. Thank you. Thank you for being there. Thank you for not giving up. Thank you for fighting."

Manik lowering her folded hands says meaningfully, "Anything for family and friends."

Nandani rubs her tears off and walks past him. There was thousand time more gratitude in her eyes then she could have ever expressed.

######

Manik stopped the car in front of the main entrance of the house and Zamira looked at him with moist eyes.

"Is he angry with mom because she left him alone."

Manik nods again, "The day she left Rishab said one thing to me that he truly is orphaned now. That day I promised myself his words will never come true. Since that day till today every single day I hope I kept my promise."

Zamira nods her head and gets out of the car. The first scene in front of her eyes in that Rishab is pacing nervously around mindlessly, worry is painted all over his face. He turns to look at Zamira a bit shocked.

"Zamira..... Are you okay. Where is bhai? Where you guys? It's late." Zamira smiled at him.

"I am fine. Um..... I was with dad we were out doing some stuff. Are you okay."

"Ya I am fine. I had some work with Manik bhia that's why. It's urgent." He said trying to cover up his nervousness, worry and impatience on not seeing them after that call.

"Ohhh...... He is coming in a while." Zamira fills him in smiling at him. "I will leave. Good night mamu."

"Good night." Saying that he looks at her with his jaws dropping down as he realised what she called him and went past him as if it was normal.

"Hi.... Rishab....." Rishab turns to look at Manik who is waving at him.

"Um..... Hi bhai." Rishab replies being in trances.

"Are you okay."

"Ya. Just going to sleep. Good night bhai."

Manik nods being confused by his awkward behaviour, "Good night." He chuckles as Rishab leaves murmuring to himself for his stupidity.

To be continued.....

Hey peeps..... I know this way shorter then you guys expected but I am kinda busy with some stuff right now and I have got some really eager readers so this post is for them.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOTES, COMMENTS AND PATIENCE.

PLEASE KEEP VOTING COMMENTING AND SHARING THE STORY.....

TAKE CARE....

&

ALL THE BEST TO ALL THE ONES WHO HAVE THEIR EXAMS.....

Keep smiling
Stay blessed
&
For now signing off
SHIVIKA.....