UN-RAVEL 4.... SURREAL....

UN-RAVEL 4....

SURREAL....

ZAMIRA'S P.O.V.

The chilled breeze keeps hitting our face as we keep walking towards the house, the nearer we get, the cooler it feels. We are around the turn when I feel an arm pull me towards itself and in the other second I hear the dash of a car and loud collapsing sound follwed. Some of us rush towards the car while the rest stayed back.

But for me, I can't see or notice much as the arm that has pulled me towards itself and crashed me right into it's chest which is rising up and down frantically, seemed strangely warm. The very next second I hear the most concerned and scared voice ever, " Are you alright, Zamira?"

I pull out of the embrace only to meet the worry filled eyes of my father, his body is tensed, while his facial features are scrunched in concern, as he holds on to me securely, his eyes hold only worry for me, while he holds on to me as if his entire world depends on me. For the very first time I see the father in him that I have had always craved for. He strokes my hair away with his hand and presses a kiss on my forehead. While all I could do is to look at him with admiration in my eyes and a smile on my face.

This moment is so surreal.

After a little while Navya ma'am comes to us and in worried tone and questions, "Are you alright, Zamira?"

I look around her to find everyone starring at me with worry written over their features, waiting for my reply, I nod my head and smile at them, "Yes, I am perfectly alright. Don't worry." They all nod agreeing to me, while I look around and confusingly point at the collapsed car.

Cabir sir replies on everyone's behalf, "The driver has been taken to the hospital and he didn't have very sever injury. Looks like the breaks hadn't been working well." I nod.

"She is alright, Manik. Don't worry. You can leave her now." Comes Mukti ma'am's voice, to which Mr. Malhotra nods but keeps holding my hand till we reach house. Everyone continues talking to each other as we approach the house, Mr. Malhotra surprisingly didn't say a word to anyone, neither did I, but he seems quite lost and I am not able to figure out the reason.

"Guys, wait. I need to tell all of you something." Here comes Mr. Malhotra's voice out of the blue and all turn to him being curious of what he has to say and without fuelling the curiosity more he starts speaking.

"Guys, you all have been asking me about Zamira. Who she is? From where she has come? And what not. So I want to tell you guys about her." I shoot my eyebrows towards him trying to keep my poster in a way so that I can see him clearly and it's then I realise that his hand is still in mine and he is actually, sweaty. Breaking my trances he turns towards me and all I can do is give him a blank expression while he smiles at me for the very first time and it feels so genuine. He squeezes my hand in assurance.

"Zamira is Nandani and mine, daughter. She is my daughter." As soon as the words leave his mouth I can hear all of them gasp in astonishment. He turns to me and takes both of my hands in his, "Today when I saw that car speeding towards you I felt as if my heartbeat has stopped. I felt as if I am going to loose a part of me. I am sorry for misbehaving with you and not being there for you. I am sorry for every single second of your life when you wanted me and I wasn't around. I am sorry that you have to go through all your problems without me all by yourself. I am sorry for all the lost years of your life which would have felt so incomplete. I am sorry for all the miseries I have caused you. Please forgive me."

As he says those words with pleading eyes, my eyes tear up. I crash into his chest with my tears flowing more freely then ever. I never thought that he would say those words, my heart falls into the pit of my stomach as I continue to wail and most probably now shouting my wails. I crumbled his shirt into my fist as I questioned him with tears flowing down my eyes.