UN-RAVEL 19.... QUESTIONS??? ANSWERS....

UN-RAVEL 19....

QUESTIONS??? ANSWERS....

Manik could feel his nerves jerking as he enters the hospital this time. Every part of him feels different. He walk swiftly upto Zamira's room to find his father and Ansh rambling outside worriedly, for a second he can feel his heart in his throat, ready to come out any second. Reaching out to them he looks with fear in his eyes. His father slightly pats his shoulder, "Relax Manik, Zamira gained her conscious so doctor is checking her." Manik heaves a sigh of relief. After about twenty minutes of examination doctor allowed them to meet Zamira stating she is fine but in dire need of rest.

Her tired body laid limp and the peace Manik had witnessed earlier on her face is replaced by pain. She turns towards the door on hearing the door knob click and a growl of pain leaves her mouth. Her body is covered in so many wounds that a single simple movement makes her shriek. She closes her eyes in pain as tears flow from her eyes towards her ears.

"How are you Zamira?" While staring at his granddaughter Abhinendra Malhotra states, oh how he wish not to see this sight again but the play of fate just has different plans. He cares her hair knowing the pain she is suffering from. She gently nods in assurance.

"You should take some rest, kiddo. We will come later." Ansh says with a gentle smile. Before leaving Abhinendra pats Manik's shoulder, "Take care, son." To which he nod.

Manik settles beside Zamira as she turns to look at the roof of the hospital the rill of tears continue to flow. Though he terribly want to scold her, question her about everything and shout at her for hiding everything from him, but his heart wrenches seeing her state, voluntarily his hand reaches upto her and the back of his hand moves along the trails of her tears, she holds his hand abruptly and snuggles it close to her face and breaks down into a loud whimper. He motions himself closer to her and pats her head, placing a gentle kiss he tries to comfort her and leaning in he whisper, "Shh.... Everything is going to be okay." By now he is sitting on the bed with her and her one hand is snuggling his hand close to her face while the other is holding the edge of his sweatshirt.

"Shh.... Stop crying Zu, you will spoil your health more." His words land on the deaf ears as she winced even louder this time. He lowers himself so he could embrace her gently not to hurt her or remove any wires, instead she wrapped her arms around him and hugs him as tightly as she could. Her wounds did hurt her but pain in her heart overpowered it. She hugs him as her life depends on him and all her pain and misery will drown away if she keeps hugging him. After crying for a good half an hour her hold loosens, only for Manik to realise that she has fallen in deep slumber already. He gently untangles himself from her hold being careful not to hurt her and gets back to the chair besides her. Gently patting her head he stay there looking at her peacefully pained face.

Hours later she opens her eyes and turns to him as all the while he has been looking at her, he doesn't misses a single movement in her body.

"Water." The word comes out rough and dry, nodding gently first, he adjust her bed so that she is in half supine position and then make her drink water slowly with spoon as advised by the doctor she too dinks like a small child and after five spoons she is done.

"Shall I call the doctor." She nods in disagreement, "How are you feeling?" He ask though he knew the answer well. She turns to him and smiles, her smile though tired and weak, did reach her eyes. "My strong, baccha." He say as he kisses her forehead and she nods gently.

After few minutes of silence a nurse enters the room, so Manik moves aside for her to be able to check Zamira properly. After careful examination, asking some normal questions and penning down few things on the cardboard besides Zamira's bed she turns to Manik and answers his unasked obvious questions, "Your daughter is stable for now, Mr. Malhotra. We shall perform some tests in a while and then further procedure will take place. Doctor asked me to inform you that the police officers shall come after a while to take Zamira's statement." I nod.