UN-RAVEL 37.... THE FAMILY TREE....

Hye, peeps how are you guys doing?
I hope everyone is safe and sound. Thank you soooo much for your love in the previous part. Here is the next part don't forget to tell me how is it.

UN-RAVEL 37....

THE FAMILY TREE....

Night rolls by and Yuvaan convinces the elders to let the elder kids have a night out without telling the details all he said is that they wanted to Yoga Relaxation Therapy.

@MANIK & NANDANI....

"Manik...."

"Nandani it has been a long day you should rest." Manik says pulling the bed sheets.

"No Manik I can't rest. J need to talk to you."

"Nandani please can't we just get over it. I don't care why you left. All I care about is today. I like having my family together. I like having my kids with me. So please....."

"Why are you running away from me Manik?" Nandani asks pulling him towards herself and maintaining a firm eye contact which Manik avoids.

"I am not running away...."

"Bullshit. You are. So tell me." The strength in her words makes Manik look at her.

He tries speaking but even avoids speaking at the same time.

"Manik.... please tell me." Nandani pleads to him.

"Nandani.... I can't." He says looking away.

"Manik please talk to me. At least project your hurt on me."

"You know Nandani I can't please let go off me."

"I did once before and trust me I have never regretted anything more." Manik closes his eyes out of mental exhaustion. "Manik please.... please talk to me. Your silence is haunting me. I know I deserve it. Rather I deserve so much more...." Manik shuts her mouth by placing his hand on her lips without looking at her his hand slips and his forehead hits her shoulders.

"Nandani.... I can't. Try to understand. I know that you wouldn't have taken the decision in haste and would have a very solid reason for it. And as comforting it may sound honestly it's scary. I know the reason because of which you came back in my life and it's terrible. I am not strong enough to hear the reason for what made you leave me. I am not strong Nandani." Raising his head from her shoulder he looks into her eyes tired. "I don't know whether I have it in me to hear you or not. I couldn't save you....."

"Manik you are not to be blamed." Nandani says firmly.

"Really." Manik mocks back.

"They didn't kidnap me because of you Manik. They kidnapped me because of my dad. Because of what he did and because if what you continue to do." Manik looks at her surprised and his ears involuntarily being alert along with his mind.

"I didn't tell Zamira but they told me that you work for Indian Army and I suppose they weren't lying Manik."

"What else did they tell you?" Manik asks a bit horrified and tensed.

"They told me about the Operation Avadah. I don't exactly know what that is." Nandani asks a little confused.

"Continue....." Manik says and Nandani nods understanding it might be confidential.

"My dad served in the army, you know that but what I didn't know was that he worked for a special force"

"The ATCF." Nandani nods as Manik says it before her.

"Right. The Anti -Terrorist Control Force. He worked within India. And as those people told me you work from here for the same force. That's the reason they needed some dragon file." Manik nods.

"That makes me feel better though." He says making Nandani chuckle. "What?" He asks looking at her.

"Right. Work for India, Die for India. Your motive didn't change."

"How can it Nanadani? How can it?" He says looking into the air. "My dad lived and died for India. It would be an honor to do the same."

"Will you tell me something about it."

"The less you know better it is."

"No Manik I don't care. I am done running from my life. I am done housing the fears that I got from my mother. The moment I saw Zamira yesterday I knew it the more I will run, the more I will be haunted and I decided I will stop running. I want to know what happened to you. What got you in this? I am scared but not scared of being beaten or hurt. I am scared of losing you all again. For years I never knew what pride my parents and grandfather had left me with but during this time I realised they just didn't leave me with fears rather left me with a reason to live. They left me, with my Country. My name isn't my recognition, my country is. Manik I can't explain how I feel being their daughter now especially after I saw Zamira, being so brave. I realised that I had let them down. Let you all down. I never had that courage in me. And believe that's more scary.  More scary then anything else in the world. Knowing that you have let every person you have ever loved, down. Moreover Manik I have hated army, I have hated my country. I have seen people living in the luxury, not caring about anything at all; they got because of my parents. Because they gave their life away for them, those thankless, worthless people but honestly I have been more thankless and worthless then them Manik. I saw Zamira having the worst time of her life because of me but I saw her come back because of you. Only if I had the courage to be my father's daughter as much courage as she has, then I might not have let all of you down. I am scared to face my own father, Manik. I don't know what can be worst. Knowing that I am not even good at being a mother, the right for which I fought so much. I took Zamira away thinking I could protect her but I failed her. I just couldn't protect her. They beat her in front of my eyes. You know they asked me things I knew everything about but I just couldn't say. I just couldn't say. Not even if they would have killed her." Nandani breaks down in tears.

"Why...." Manik asks astound.

"They wanted the key to the NOC list Manik. I know where it is. On his death bed dad made me swear that even if i have to die or kill or let my loved ones go, I won't let anyone have it because if anyone ever got their hands on it they will ruin India."

"Where is it?" Manik asks.

"In India. I can take you there." Nandani says, "But.... the reason I couldn't give it to them isn't because I promised my dad. It's because I couldn't let get India ruined Manik. I can't be responsible for that."

Manik takes Nandani's hand in his to console her, "Manik I was very scared, very much scared. I couldn't see Zamira go through what she was going through. She use to be so scared that every night she use to wake up shouting. She started having panic attacks. Her entire body use to tremble. She has suffered so much because of me."

"No Nandani she hasn't suffered anything because of you. She hasn't." Manik says trying to comfort her, "Umm.... I am not supposed to read her stuff.... but...." Manik moves his hand in his hair.

"You read her diary." Manik nods, "I too did." Both giggle.

"She is a real patriot. She loves India so much. Her words show her love, Nandani. That fearlessness, that hope, that radiance. That girl has everything in her. She is a true soldier. She knows how to fight back. And honestly I couldn't have put that in her."

"Runs in her blood Manik. It runs in her blood." Manik nods.

"So do you know what a NOC list is." Nandani nods.

"It's the list of every spy India has in every country with their real identities, fake identities, locations and personal information."

Manik nods, "Right. Our parents and many soldiers have protected it with their lives Nandani. It can't get in wrong hands. The drive has to be kept safe at all costs. Those spies will be executed if the wrong people get their hands on it and we will have to disavow them."

"So when did you start working for the army." Nandani asks.

"Once you left I wasn't in a very good condition. Dad thought that the best thing to do will be to send me somewhere where my mind can get off all this. So he sent me to his former colleague Lieutenant Colonel Dhurandra Pratap Singh. He lived in Shimla and trained individuals combats, self-control and few other things. Cabir, Dhruv, Mukti and Alya came along. They refused to leave me alone. I was a civilian always have been so recruiting me without a ceremony and doing all undercover work was easy. As Cabir, Dhruv, Mukti and Alya were with me they were my team too. Five years back I joined the ATCF department. Our work was to eliminate terrorist cells. A year later our country and few other countries signed the Anti -Terrorism Pact, according to which we all work against terrorism together. ATCF became an Internation force. We trained for 6 months and then had an opportunity to choose our consignments. I choose to come here in America. I train recruits and keep an eye and do stuff. You shouldn't know about. I choose this field so that I could keep Fab5 out of trouble. They had a family with them to protect. So they mostly don't know about all my assignments." Nandani nods. "That's my story."

Nandani, "What did you mean by very good condition?" Manik looks at her confused.

"Not now. Some other time." Nandani nods.

"Since we are getting everything out. So tell me why did you leave." Manik asks finally sighing.

"Will you be able to take it."

"I don't know but on second thoughts Zamira too has questions and I don't want to keep her in dark. She is patient and that doesn't means I test it." Nandani nods.

"Were you angry on me." Manik nods.

"A little. You know I can't hold on to anger for too long when it comes to you."

"Shall I tell it to both of you together."

Manik shrugs, "I don't know. You choose."

"How much does she even know about us?"

"Ummm.... little bit. She knows about Rishab what happened to him and how you came to be a part of our family."

"Where is she anyways?"

"Wait I will call her." Manik says and rushes towards the door.

"Manik....." Nandani's voice stops him half way and he turns to look at her, "Just want to tell you I always trusted you and...... and....."

"And what Mrs. Murthy Malhotra."

"I missed us. I missed you. I want you to know I am sorry and I love you." Tears roll down her eyes as she says those words.

Manik walks back to her, "Hye.... Nandu...." Nandani looks up at him, "I missed you too." Nandani smiles as he rubs her tears off, "And even today you have me. You have the best friend and your husband. I love you kiddo." Nandani chuckles with tears in her eyes and through her arms around Maniks neck. "But please be patient with me I need time Nandu.... a lot of it. I guess." Nandani nods.

"Thank you Manik. Thank you." Manik nods and ruffles her hair.

There is pain and then there is understanding, there is love and then there is faith, there is hope and then there is belief, there is trust and then there is respect. Life is somewhere in between all of it. You might find pain, love, hope and trust in a relationship but you will only find understanding, faith, belief and respect in friendship and marriage. It's an amateur thing it's knowing that there is going to be pain, hurt, hopelesness, betrayal and yet staying because you know all of it will not last long because you understand lowering your ego, you understand that mistakes would be made, that you would be hurt by each other, it's knowing that two different people can have different opinions but still not hate each other and it's not important to find middle ground always sometiit's you have to respect each other and their thoughts and the way they do things, because that is what maturity is. That is the difference between a girlfriend and wife, a boyfriend and a husband and most importantly fake temporary friends and permanent real friends. Manik and Nandani's relation had more then just immature fights, their relation had gone through brutal test of time. While Manik always wanted Nandani to come back but was it just to project his rage on her or to love her. He had the power to look beyond the terrible times of life, beyond their mistakes and failures. He knew it wasn't entirely her mistake, he knew he too failed at some points in his life. But was it what happened in past that mattered was that going to reflect their today and future or were they going to get past it and deal with their problems. Boss up and face life. Know that pain they have put each other through can only be healed by them together. Because pain was loneliness and the cure is togetherness. It's not easy but nothing has ever been easy for them.

"Uoohhh uoohhooo....." The duo turns towards the door where Zamira is fake coughing to get their attention. "Umm.... sorry didn't mean to disturb two of you but I have to go."

"Weren't you suppose to go in two hours."

"Yup. But I was getting bored so thought of going right now."

"I want to talk to you." Nandani says in tensed tone.

"Is everything okay." She asks feeling the situation to be a little tense.

"Ah..... do you want to know why you didn't know Manik for so long." Zamira looks at the duo biting her lips and nods.

"After Rishab came into the family Maa and dad decided that I should get his custody officially. But the problem with it was that I didn't have enough money. At that time Manik had graduated so he had started a start up, it was small. He wanted to do something on his own. He offered me a job as his assistant-cum- legal adviser." Nandani starts narrating as they all settle down. "I joined and he paid me well. Honestly, I didn't know at that time that he paid me out of his own pocket. The money he made he gave half of it to me as I needed that to show a stable and profitable job. And vola I hot the custody. I was very happy." Nandani looked at Zamira and Manik trying to judge from their expression what exactly they were upto. "Well... Then I met his mom."

"His mom? You already met her." Zamira says but obviously.

"Yeah that's what I thought but the Malhotra family is kinda more complex then that Zamira." Nandani says sheepishly.

"Let me explain." Manik says and takes a paper and pen seeing which Zamira huffs. "My family aka The Raghuvanshi Clan ruled the Maharashtra region ages back. Like literally an era back. The Raghuvanshi Clan had split into various other families The Malhotra's being the major ones. Accept for that we have Rathore's, Rawat's etc etc etc.... So my great grandfather Omkara Raghuvanshi Malhotra had three sons Shaurya, Naveen and Kavesh, Shaurya RM is my grandfather while Kavesh RM is his cousin....."

"Hye... hye.... cut it short. Please....." Zamira says a bit irritated by the long list so Manik nods a little disappointed because he had to learn the entire family history and he didn't spare a single chance to tell anyone but his own daughter didn't seem to have interest in it.

"So my grandfather had three sons too, Nachiket, Sumair and Abhinander. Gen. Nachiket RM is my bade papa, Major Sumair RM is my father and Col. Abhinander RM is my chote papa whom I prefer calling my dad."

"Wait..... wait.... wait.... you mean the two people I know as your parents are actually your chote ma and chote papa." Manik nods in agreement, "Are you sure." Manik nods again. Zamira knocks her head as in trying to get some senses into her head. "What next?" She says not so pleased.

"My bade papa got separated from the family leaving papa and dad to it."

"So where are your parents." Manik smiles lightly at her question.

"My papa passed in the line of duty when I was a year old. After him mumma decided to join the army. She is mostly away and working. But now she is retired and stays in Mumbai taking care of family inheritance as she is sole guardian of it."

"You know Zmaira when I heard first about mumma I really couldn't believe her strength. That day she had come back from duty after two years. Manik hadn't come to office so I went to the house to get his signatures. He was lying in her lap while she was still in her uniform. Just her presence radiated positivity. You know that moment when you get so inspired by someone you feel like saluting them then and there. She made me feel like that every time."

@FLASHBACK....

"Ary Nandani.... when did you come." Tejaswani asks Nandani while welcoming her.

"Just right now aunty ji."

Tejaswani nods with a sweet smile, "Come. Meet my bhabhi." Tejaswani takes her to meet Trisha. "Di this is Nandani and Nandani this is Trisha di, Manik's mother." Nandani looks a little confused so Tejaswani laughs understanding her confusion. "Manik calls me maa because I am his choti maa. Di mostly stays away as she is in army."

"Namaste aunty."

"Namaste beta." Trisha says politely while still patting Manik's back. "Manik told me a few things about you. Come have a seat please."

"Thank you." Nandani says sitting besides her. "I just came to get some papers signed by Manik sir."

"Stop calling me sir." Manik cribs still hiding his face in Trisha's lap.

"Trisha maa...." saying that Arzoo wraps her arms around Trisha and continues, "Bhai just becomes like a kid whenever he sees you." Trisha chuckles.

"Shut up Arzoo." Manik smacks her arm. "Mumma for how long are you going to me home this time."

"Hopefully 2 months Manik. But I can't say for sure baccha." Manik nods a little upset.

"Manik let di go and get freshened up." Tejaswani requests him as he hadn't left Trisha ever since she came.

Manik nods in disagreement so Tejaswani says sternly, "Manik...."

"Teju let it be." Trisha says placing her own head above her son's.

"Manik she seems tired. She can get freshened up and by then you can sign these papers." Nandani says calmly trying to convince him. Manik raises his head to look at his mother who looked evidently very tired so he nods and she smiles.

"I will come with you maa." Arzoo jumps all ready to follow her.

"I will get the lunch ready." Tejaswani too leaves.

"Umm.... I am sorry I just...."

Nandani cuts him before he can complete his sentence, "It's okay. I can understand. If my mother would have meet me after so long I wouldn't have left her too."

"I am sorry...." Manik says on realizing the void in her life sometimes just seemed so clear.

Trisha who had heard the two of them couldn't help but wonder looking at Nandani.

"So is your dad in army too?" Nandani asks casually.

"Was." Manik replies, "He was martyred in line of duty."

"I am sorry." Manik nods.

To be continued....

Feeling what???

Shocked or Rocked.....

Let me know....

Keep smiling
Stay home
Stay safe
Stay blessed
&
For now signing off
SHIVIKA....