UN-RAVEL 49... PART A...

Hi guys......

I know I have been awol for a long time. I am sorry for that. I had to take some much needed break to get my university work done, give my exams and get a clear head before I could get back to writing. I know I haven't replied to any of your messages or questions that is because of the same reason. I have started writing this story for a while, which means I have written next few parts already. So I will be posting them in a certain pattern very soon. Hopefully, I won't be disappearing anytime soon, again. Your comments and support will be really appreciated. As for the question I asked you guys before leaving. I have decided to write the story as per the plan.

This very part is divided into two sub parts because the next one is kinda a continuity I didn't want to mix.

Feel free to  put forward your suggestions and what all do you want to read ahead in the story.

UR 49... PART A...

As much as the social media was filled with hate, hundred times more was the love that was pouring in for Manik and the family. In minutes the media was filled with news and comparison of both the father and daughter, their singing skills, the way they looked and how they carried themselves. The song was an ultimate hit within an hour. Anyone who heard it couldn't have enough of it. Videos from the previous night's competition were going viral more than ever. There were talks, speculations and rumors about Manik and Nandani's relationship as well. All in all, it wasn't as bad as they were doomed to believe earlier.

"This seems to be going well." Manik couldn't agree any less with his friends. It was a relief.

"Alright everyone go get ready now." It came as a requested order but everyone obeyed.

Roof of the hotel was decorated in blue and white, fairy lights and the dense blue color as the night was taking over made the world an enchanting beauty. The light music that played in the background and cool breeze just added to the serenity of the night. Words 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANIK' were hanging on the wall decorated in blue arch. The place had a beautiful back drop of water.

"Bhai ka birthday hai guys..." Dhruv hooted getting on the stage and everyone laughs and clap. "This song was our first song as a group. To all the years of friendship. 1... 2... 3... Go..."

Cabir beats his drums and then starts singing.

"Tumahri dosti mein bheegi
Si meri yeh zindagi
Tumhari yaado mein simti
Si meri yeh zindagi
Aj main hun yaha
Adhura lage yeh sama
Akela main jaaun kahah
O yaara o yaara o ho"

Mukti, Aliya, Dhruv and Cabir sing together.

"O yaara o mere yaara
O yaara tu sun le zara
O yaara tu aaja re aaja
O yaara o mere yaara
O yaara tu sun le zara
O yaara tu aaja re aaja"

Dhruv continues to sing as he walks down the stage and pulls Manik with himself on the stage.

"Dosti ka ek jaha tha
Ham sab se jo mil ke bana tha
Tum bin tha main adhura
O yaara kaisi yeh yaariyaan
O yaara kaisi yeh yaariyaan"

The entire Fab5 sings together this time.

"O yaara o mere yaara
O yaara tu sun le zara
O yaara tu aaja re aaja
O yaara o mere yaara
O yaara tu sun le zara
O yaara tu aaja re aaja"

Manik continues to sing,

"Pure collage mein raj tha
Sabse alag andaz tha
Bas kal ki to baat thi
Jab haatho mein haath tha
Aaj sab ki raahe alag hai
Nayi zindagi spane alag hai
Ab judaa to hona padega"

Five of them share a group hug as memories of their time in college come rushing to them. After that Inexorables sing a special song for Manik, making all of them emotional.

"When I first came here and met dad, we didn't start on good terms." Zamira says taking over the stage all by herself. "Like any child I wished my dad was there every day of my life but he wasn't. It used to hurt a lot. I am not going to lie." She gulps in and Manik looks down feeling guilty. Nandani entangles her hand with his. "One night I had this crazy dream, it was very cliché. To many of you it would be nothing. To me it was everything. Just dad was hugging me and telling everyone that I was his daughter. When I woke up all I wished is, I hope my dad was one percent of the father that I always dreamt of. I so hoped. But things changed. I go to know him and today when I do know him. Dad..." She looked at Manik who couldn't look at her. "Dad..." Her voice makes him look at her. "Dad, the father I dreamt of isn't even one percent of who you are." There wasn't one eye that didn't get moist with her confession. "You have made me so much better. Thank you. This song is for you."

For the first time she takes hold of a guitar as she sings. Cabir wishes her luck as he was the one who had helped her with her song. Zamira looks at Manik as she sings. Her every word was for him; she didn't care who else was there. She just wanted to tell him how grateful she was to have him in her life.

"Can I tell you something just between you and me?

When I hear your voice, I know I'm finally free
Every single word is perfect as it can be
And I need you here with me"

The screen in background flashes with a short video of Manik throwing young Zamira up in the air and then catching her back.

"When you lift me up, I know that I'll never fall
I can speak to you by saying nothing at all
Every single time, I find it harder to breathe
'Cause I need you here with me

Every day
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep"

She points to him and then herself and then the place on the stage.

"'Cause I need you here with me
Every day
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
'Cause I need you here with me"

As she sings every single place lights up with Manik's photographs, some with family, some with friends and some just with Zamira.

"I think I see your face in every place that I go
I try to hide it, but I know that it's gonna show
Every single night, I find it harder to sleep
'Cause I need you here with me

Everyday
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
'Cause I need you here with me
Every day
You're saying the words that I want you to say
There's a pain in my heart and it won't go away
Now I know I'm falling in deep
'Cause I need you here with me"

Zamira gets down of the stage as she sings, swinging her fingers between Manik and herself,

"Can I tell you something just between you and me?
When I hear your voice, I know I'm finally free
Every single word is perfect as it can be
'Cause I need you here with me"

Manik hugs her as everyone stands up and claps for them. Don't they say there is a different kind of joy in making people you love happy. That joy rained at them today. It was a beautiful evening as they laughed, sang and danced till the wee hour. Manik could never believe that a day like this could turn into such a beautiful day. It was all because of his daughter and he couldn't express how he felt. He just held her close to him slef hoping this wasn't a dream and even if it was he refused to wake up.

Keep smiling

Stay blessed

&

For now signing off

SHIVIKA....