UN-RAVEL 43....

43.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Ivaan shouts snarling at Zamira. "You called him here. Didn't you? Oh my God,  I just can't believe this." His eyes turn venomous for the first time for her. "Don't you understand such a small thing Zamira. He can't be with us. What kind of a person are you? Alishka told you everything and instead of standing up for her you are siding with this jerk. What's wrong with you?" Zamira tries to speak but Ivaan doesn't give her a chance. "I thought so highly of you Zamira and never ever could I imagine that you would stoop so low." Zamira who was till now trying to clear her stand stops hearing Ivaan's words. She didn't expect that he would say something like that to her. "You are disgusting. I can't  imagine I thought of you as my friend. And we are done. Forget the competition. We are done as inexorables. It was my fault that I tried to keep your dream alive. I didn't realise you aren't worth it. I hope I never see you again. Never." Ivaan storms away. 

Zamira was left looking at Ivaan's back and then at an empty corridor. It took her a while to come out of the shock that Ivaan just gave her and a few more minutes for everything to sink in. Yuvaan and Alishka had left with Ivaan but Brian was still there and he was shocked, as shocked as her. 

"Zamira... I am sorry. I didn't know that you guys were here. I am so sorry." 

"It's not your fault Biran. Please leave me alone." 

"Zamira..."

"Please Brian." Brian nods and leaves from there leaving Zamira all by herself. 

Zamira's insides clutched.... she felt shattered. Her mind wasn't in her control. Her heart sunk to the deepest of her stomach and she felt like puking. The words Ivaan had said didn't hurt her as much as that he said those words had hurt her. She knew there were some differences between them but she didn't have a heart to believe that someone she had clicked so much with would call her disgusting and think so low of her. Ivaan had no right to pass a judgement on her or cross a line. 

All the time she had spent with him and inexorables ran through her head. All the fun they had had during rehearsals and their goofiness as well as their playfulness. All those happy moments started to fade behind the mist of Ivaan's words as they played in her head on loop. She started hyperventilating. Somewhere in her head she knew what was happening to her and she wanted to stop it before it took over her completely. She was having one of her panic attacks. The air around her started to air heavy and thick, making her breath heavily. She rose from the staircase as she walked back to the washroom. She stumbled her way into a washroom stall and in seconds she was down on her knees pucking her guts out. 

'Today wasn't supposed to be so bad. It wasn't a day that was supposed to give me a panic attack. Then why, why on earth can't I breath for once. Why is it so hard?' The thought kept circling Zamira's mind; she just couldn't take her mind off it. She felt so sick. 

It was a beautiful morning. Zamira had woken up to a brightly shining sun which made her feel cozy but not too hot. She hugged her knees lazily as she stayed in bed for a little longer. She had slept late after doing her training so she could catch up with others and practice for their competition in the morning and she needed a nice good night sleep. 

"Good morning, Zu..." Manik walked in her room with a bright smile and kissed her forehead. 

"Good morning papa." She wished him with a  beautiful smile. 

"Somebody seems uncannily happy this morning." 

Zamira beamed with a smile at Manik, "If everything turns out well I might be able to figure out a way out of our problem today."