Unfathomable Phantom (COMPLET...

By ariksbell

"๐‹๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž, ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐จ๐ค๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž. ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ง๐จ ๐ข๐๐ž๐š ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๏ฟฝ... More

Description
I. stupid victorian era
II. Dream boy
III. When and where is this?
IV. ain't a serialkiller
V. the heir
VI. inappropriate
VII. can we please stop meeting?
VIII. conceited to violent?
IX. do you want me to go down there?
X. fairy godmother
XI. Mr. Guevarra?
XII. please stop staring...
XIII. friendship over?
XIV. Douglas Bennett = Satan
XV. life outside the cage
XVI. what are you doing here, Augustus?
XVII. it's not a date
XVIII. the truce
XIX. misconception
XX. jealousy
XXI. Augustus to the rescue
XXII. You want me to buy what?
XXIII. Let it be known
XXIV. Dear readers, I made him angry
XXV. she as he?
XXVI. Spilling the tea
XXVII. "you're hot!"
XXVIII. me as a mother(?)
XXIX. the proposal
XXX. a day in hell
XXXI. a day in heaven
XXXII. Halloween party
XXXIII. wedding preparation
XXXIII.V. what happened to Leo?
XXXIV.the wedding
XXXV. the escape
XXXVII. the consequences
XXVIII. runaway
XXXIX. Leo tried to what?
XXXX. a Finley, Finally
epilogue

XXXVI. the confrontation

1.1K 69 14
By ariksbell

Chapter 36

Martha, her son, and her two grandsons went to their hometown which was like a three-day-journey from here since they will settle some papers there.

It was just Leo and I or so I thought. Leo went to the barracks for a while to talk to his colleagues but assured me that he'll be gone for a short while.

"Don't worry, you're perfectly safe here. Nobody knows about this place," said Leo as he began to work on the buttons of his military uniform.

I nod at him as my response. "There's food on the counter. Feel free to read more of my books upstairs. Promise, Clem. I'll be back right away," He added as soon as he finished buttoning. The whole time, I was just staring at him.

He looked at himself on the mirror, straightened his uniform, and said, "Well, I better get going,"

I rose from my seat, leaving the book lying on the bed. I stood right in front of me, a head taller than me. I looked up at him saying, "Stay away from trouble, Leo," and kissed him on the cheek.

With that, he left the room, followed by the sound of his footsteps and the last thing I heard was the main door closing.

And now, I am all alone in this house. With absolutely nothing to do aside from waiting for Leo's arrival.

Venturing the whole house all by myself did cross my mind but I decided not to since I am afraid of Victorian ghosts, okay? Leo told me that they rarely visit here. What if ghosts decided that this house is all free all to themselves and when I showed up here last night, they got angry.

I tried cooking but washed away the thought in fear that I'll just make something awful. I don't want to force Leo to eat my dish that tastes horrible.

And so, I just stayed in Leo's room, the one we slept in last night. Unfortunately, I failed to see the whole interior of his bedroom due to how dark it was last night but now, in broad daylight, I could see a touch of Leo.

There are hundreds of books on his shelves in the corner, his bedsheets, his walls are in the color of white. There's a window beside his bed.

When I opened his drawers, that's when I noticed that there were no clothes of his.

With that, my heart began to skip a beat in fear that Leo decided to leave me for good but then I realized that he, too, got his clothes last night from his parents' cabinet.

Well, perhaps when their house was burned down, all Leo's clothes were, obviously, burned as well and since Mister Douglas stole all their fortune aside from this property then Leo must've retrieved all his clothes from here.

Poor Leo, I could imagine the misery he went through when his parents died. Imagine, losing your parents, all that you have in one day.

I mean, where did he get his food knowing he has no money? Perhaps that was why he decided to just settle on being a soldier because there won't be any fees needed. Also, food and shelter are provided.

I let out a sigh and just decided to invest my time reading Leo's books which were all hidden in his drawers.

For hours, I've read. The whole time, I couldn't seem to focus since I kept waiting for the sound of the gate opening. I kept waiting for Leo.

Because of that, I fell asleep. When I woke up, it was already dark outside.

"Leo?" I called out, hoping he was here already but sadly, there was no reply.

What is taking Leo so long? I do understand that the journey to the barracks was far and that's why he decided to just ride a horse to get there fast but why is he taking so long.

I immediately let out a sigh as a sign of relief when I heard the gate open followed by footfalls coming near the room.

I then closed the book that I was reading before I fell asleep in the corner. I heard the door open as I slowly rose from my seat to greet Leo.

But standing in front of me is not Leo. Instead, it's the son of the devil. His blond hair messy, his black tie tied around his wrist. His white slacks are covered with mud.

Even from a few paces away from him, I could certainly smell the liquor. He still hasn't changed his clothes since yesterday's wedding. Also, he's drunk.

"Wha-what are you doing here?" I asked Augustus as I mentally cursed myself for not bringing a knife with me but then, why would I even bring one when I know I am perfectly safe with Leo.

Augustus did not answer me. Instead, he remained standing in front of me, his eyes traveling around me which made me self-conscious since the sleeping gown I am wearing is thin.

"I asked you, why are you here? How did you know about this place?" I forced myself not to tremble. I must not show any weakness towards him.

"Like I kept telling you, Clementine. I am not stupid," was his only reply and there, he began to walk towards me.

Of course, for every step he takes, I went backwards until the back of my knees hit the bed.

"Le-leo!" I hollered.

"Come on, honey. That prick won't hear you. He's not home, right? That's why we need to make this quick," he exclaimed then held both my wrists with such force.

I struggled escaping from his grasps. Augustus then began kissing me like a disgusting animal like before. His hands traveled from my neck to my buttocks.

"Stop this," I said, my voice shaking in fear when he began kissing me in the neck.

To my surprise, Augustus did stop but his disgusting hands were still around my body.

"Please, I am dying," said Augustus out of nowhere.

"What are you talking about? Why are you dying?" Slowly, I tried getting away from him but his hands remained firm.

"I am dying, sweetie. Please just let me taste you," he replied, his eyes wide. Is he on crack?

"You're drunk, Augustus. Get home," I angrily responded. His choice of works are utterly disgusting.

"I am dying from... tuberculosis," he reasoned. That almost makes me wanna laugh so hard. This guy is, indeed, pathetic.

"You are not dying, Mister Bennett. You are a healthy 27-year-old jerk," though to be clear, you are a cancer to society.

"No, please. Just let me do this," Augustus insisted and judging from the sound of his voice, it was as if he was gonna cry any minute now.

"No, Mister Bennett. You need to leave right now and stop this nonsense," I uttered with such force.

"Oh, darling, you left me no choice," responded Augustus as he caressed my cheek with his forefinger. After that, he grabbed both my wrists, locking them.

"Get your filthy hands off me," I angrily roared back as I tried escaping from his grasp but it was no use since he was too strong.

"That can't do, sweetie," followed by a devilish smirk as he slowly caresses my cheek with his. Creep.

"I said, get your hands off me, you motherfucker," I screamed back, kicking him.

"I love women who have such a wild mouth," Augustus replied, that devilish smirk still on his face.

God, I badly want to punch his face right now.

"Le-leo! Help!" I screamed once again, hoping Leo would come any minute now but I did not hear the gate opening.

My heart began to race due to how nervous I was when Augustus untied the black necktie from his wrist using his teeth. His other hand is still holding me, his nails digging right into my skin so hard I am afraid it'll leave a mark.

Augustus then pushed me into the bed, I was about to escape from the nth time when I trapped me between his knees as he forced both my hands up, tying them with his tie to the headboard of the bed.

"Leo, help!" I screamed once again but Augustus just released such demonic laughter as he began to kiss me again like a maniac.

"Take this off, you motherfucker," I screamed.

"In your dreams, sweetie," Augustus replied as he licked my neck.

Please, Leo. Help me. Wherever you are, please help me.

Augustus' filthy hands began traveling around me again. From my neck to my buttocks once again. My tears began to fall when his hands touched the side of my breasts.

In my mind, I began to pray. That this is all a dream. That any minute now, Leo will rescue me like he always does. I just want this monster away from me.

I didn't realize I was sobbing when I couldn't catch my breath but Augustus did not stop like he did before. He still continued with his disgusting acts.

"Stop this, please," I pleaded, crying as I felt his hands to my stomach. His lips still planted on my neck.

Augustus did not reply.

So, I just closed my eyes as I continued crying. Still praying Leo will show up.

The heavens answered my prayers when suddenly, Augustus flew from the top of my body to the ground.

When I opened my eyes, there stood Leo, sweating and catching his breath, looking so furious.

"You motherfucker!" Leo screamed as he attacked Augustus. Punching him in the face, his face all bloody now.

"Don't you dare lay your hands on Clementine, you fucking rapist," Leo hollered, still punching Augustus to the point Augustus might pass out any minute now.

It was after a few seconds when he finally stopped, still catching his breath. His fist all bloody now.

With that, he rose from the ground and went straight to me. He hurriedly untied me and with that, I wrapped my arms around him, seeking for the feeling of home as I sob.

Leo returned my hug, rubbing me in the back saying, "I'm here, it's okay,"

In the corner of my eye, I saw Augustus wiping the blood off his nose. Judging from what Leo just did to him, I can tell he doesn't have the strength to stand up.

I thought it was all over. All we'll do is to get rid of Augustus in the house when I hear such loud footsteps coming near us.

Leo and I broke our contact and there stood in front of us is Mister Douglas acting as if he owns the place. Wearing a newly ironed black suit. Well, at least he did change his clothes unlike his son.

Mister Douglas doesn't smell alcohol like his son. Also, he got the golden cane that I stole from him yesterday.

He must've got it on the table downstairs while on the way to get up here and join the drama.

"Small yet lovely. No wonder you and your stupid parents hid this house," said Mister Douglas as he began walking around the room, his eyes wandering.

"Don't you dare call my parents stupid," Leo angrily responded, his fist visible. His back facing me and there I saw a gun in his back pocket.

"But they are stupid, aren't they? I mean, they are so easy to burn like a bunch of chickens. If only your father agreed to lend me money then none of this would've happened," replied Mister Douglas, giving Leo a dagger look. Never once looking at his son who lay on the ground, bleeding but still alive, observing us.

"Your mother, meanwhile, learned from my late wife that i've been, let's say, pretty busy from gamblings so the bitch told your father about it," he added, chuckling as he continued to walk around the room with such confidence to the point I badly want to break his neck.

"You murderous thief," I screamed back so loud to the point I think my veings in the neck are showing.

"About your dear fortune, my boy. Let's just say, it's your mother's apology gift for telling your father about the whole gambling thing and your father's gift as well for, well, declining me," He replied, not paying attention to me but just a second of gaze.

"Why are you here?" Asked Leo, his fists clenched. Anger radiating from him.

"To kill you and your whore right there, of course since I don't want the whole country knowing where I got my fortune, right?" He answered as he gave us both a devilish smile.

"Don't you dare call her that," roared Leo.

"Perhaps you'll find harlot or prostitute more pleasing to your ears," argued Mister Douglas back as he stopped walking. Now, he stood beside where his bloody son lies.

I knew Leo was about to say something when I grabbed his arm hard, stopping me which made him closer to me. Closer for me to access him.

"Oh, one before I forgot. My son here reminded me to give my gratitude for coming up with that Time Machine. Great job, kid," Mister Douglas added, shrugging, giving his son a sideway glance.

In just one snap, there stood Mister Douglas a few paces away from us, with a gun in his hand, pointing it to Leo.

"Who should I kill first? The heir who settled for being a soldier due to poverty or the maid who knows nothing but being a whore," Mister Douglas then looked at his son who was still lying on the ground, holding his bloody nose but a devilish smile on his face.

"What do you think, son?"

Augustus shrugged, that playful devilish smile still planted on his face and uttered the words, "Off you go with that traitorous friend of mine,"

With that, Mister Douglas smiled back at his son but in such a creepy way. He then pointed the pistol right to Leo.

"Any last words, child?" was Mister Douglas' last words since as soon as Augustus answered his father, while Mister Douglas' eyes are not fixed on us, I hurriedly grabbed Leo's gun in his back pocket and immediately shot Mister Douglas in the chest.

I was aiming for the brain but, you see, my dear friends, I am no gifted shooter so I just settled for the chest.

Besides, my hand was shaking. After I shot him, I still could feel my hand shaking as I slowly lowered the gun.

The room fell silent due to the sudden sound of the gun. Everyone was in shock. You see, so was I. I cannot believe I had the nerve to use a gun and kill someone who was about to kill someone I love.

Leo' eyes were wide and his jaw dropped due to what just happened. He must've thought I am not capable of such an act. When I looked at Augustus, he too, was in shock. His mouth was hanging though I could see tears forming in his eyes.

Mister Douglas was still not dead but he sure will be facing death any seconds now. However, while everyone was still in shock of what I just did, Mister Douglas' gun was still in his hand.

Slowly, I saw him lift his hand and ready to shoot Leo when I did it again. I shoot him again but this time, in the neck which ends it all.

Like his son, Mister Douglas was on the ground. Swimming in his own pool of blood, his eyes still open. The gun is still in his hand.

Leo looked at me, I thought he'll hate me. Feel disgust towards me for showing no mercy. For killing a man. For murdering.

Instead, Leo just wrapped his arms around me, he remained quiet but I was sobbing because of what I just did.

I cannot believe I just killed someone. I could never look at myself the same way as before. Talking about murdering Mister Douglas, I l always set aside the thought, for I thought I'll kill him in a nonbrutal way. Poisoning his drink was my idea.

Yet in that idea, I was scared. I felt disgusted at myself. What more now? Now that I just shot him? And there he lies, lifeless with so much hatred in his eyes.

Leo then wrapped his arm around my shoulder and was about to get the gun from my hand when Augustus screamed so loud to the point I thought the glasses would crack.

"You killed him! You killed my father!" He roared. His blood and tears mixed.

Leo and I remained quiet. None of us dared to respond to Augustus' anger.

He just lost his father. The least thing we could do was to let him release his anger.

That's it. That's the plan. Let him get angry. Scream at us. Curse us.

But that stops there. Leo tightened his grip around my shoulders as his eyes were fixed on Mister Douglas.

And there I saw Augustus, despite the injuries Leo caused him, he still was reaching for Mister Douglas' gun which was inches away from him. He was struggling to get it.

"Don't do this, Augustus. Let's just forget about all this and be friends again, please," pleaded Leo as he watched Augustus forced himself to get his father's gun.

"That fucking whore killed my father!" Screamed Augustus, giving me and Leo dagger looks. Looks that could kill.

"Your fucking father killed both my parents and stole everything they left me!" Roared Leo back.

With that, Augustus turned quiet and so was Leo.

Leo then closed his eyes for a second, inhaled and exhaled, "Look, Augustus. Let's just put all these in the past,"

However, Augustus just shook his head. "Then get rid of that fucking whore,"

But Leo just let out such a frustrated laugh. "Don't you dare call her that or else I'll break your neck,"

Augustus just laughed at him, channeling his inner-demon once again. His laugh brought chills down to my spine.

Then it happened so fast. The next thing I know, Augustus was now holding his father's gun and pointing it to Leo.

Before I could stop myself, I did what I did a while ago again. I murdered a man for the second time.

I shoot Augustus in the leg for I do not want to kill him but as soon as the bullet hits him. All he did was wince and slowly transferred his attention to me and pointed the gun to me.

In my peripheral vision, I saw Leo was in such distress. I know Leo. I know he will not hesitate to jump in front just to catch the bullet. I know he is willing to sacrifice for me.

Well, guess what, I will never let Leo die. Despite the shaking of my hand, I shot Augustus again but this time, in the stomach.

With that, Leo immediately kneels beside Augustus and gets the gun from his hand. He then checked Augustus' pulse to see if he's still breathing and alive.

"He's losing too much blood. We need to rush him into the hospital," he said as he ripped his cloth and was about to push it against Augustus' wound to stop from bleeding.

"Do-don't. I am so-sorry, Augustus and Clementine for what my family had done," was Augustus' last words before death finally came to him.

And there, Leo was kneeling beside him as tears began falling down his cheeks. Augustus' blood mixing to his clothes.

And here I am, standing in front of them, my jaw dropping. With that, I felt guilt. I felt disgusted with myself for killing two men. For murdering Leo's friend.

I began to sob, to pull my hair out of frustration of what I just did. I sat beside the bed just right in front of Augustus' corpse, my eyes closed.

I then felt Leo's warm arms enveloped me as he began rocking my body using his arms. I lay my head to his shoulder, his clothes wet due to my tears.

"I am a murderer. I should rot in jail. I killed your friend and his father. I don't even know myself anymore," I cried as Leo rubbed my back.

"Shhhh, everything's gonna be okay, Clem. Don't be too hard on yourself," Leo said he tucked my hair behind my ear.

Holding my chin which made me look him straight in the eye, he caressed my cheek, wiping the tears away and said, "Listen to me, Clem. Look at me, please. You were brave out there, none of this is your fault, okay?"

I did not reply to him and just continued crying. Leo let me cry on his arms for a while and after I was finished, after all the tears were released, Leo carried me into the bedroom beside us. His parents' bedroom.

"Let's get you into sleep," he murmured as he began walking towards his parents' bedroom. By the time we reached it, he put me into the bed and covered my body with the blanket.

He then kissed me on the cheek, "I'll be back. I promise I'll be quick this time, for real. I'll join you in bed later. I just need to bury their bodies together with my parents,"

The last thing I remembered was me nodding and the sound of the door closing.

It was already midnight, I guess when I heard and felt Leo slipping under the covers.

After a few seconds, I felt him shaking and that's when I realized he was crying. I then wrapped my arms around Leo.

"I just can't believe I'm crying, Clem. They've been fooling me all these years yet here I am, crying for their death," Leo uttered as he cried on my shoulder.

"It's because you're a good man, Leo," I answered as I rubbed his back.

"I want you to keep in mind that you hold no responsibility for their death, Clem. Promise me you will not blame yourself," he added as he wiped away his tears.

It took me seconds before I could answer him. He even have to repeat what he just said before I could answer, "I promise,"

After half an hour, Leo was already asleep but here I am, still staring at him caressing his cheek and his scar. Watch his peaceful face.

This is it then, I could finally go back since I finally finished what I needed to do. To get rid of Mister Douglas for good.

I now have the chance to go back to the future, all I will do is go straight to the Bennett' research team and use the Time Machine.

But looking at Leo, who I will be leaving, my heart began to ache.

---

And I am down to writing the last three chapters. :)

Anyways S, don't forget to leave a comment. Also, have a great day! Don't forget to smile. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

960 141 10
Ever since a string of bad boyfriends left Leigh cynical and dark, she kept her heart closed off. With the help of some dark magic, she sarcastically...
15.3K 406 26
#1 in Passionate #1 in Romcom #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] โ— Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to...
210K 17.5K 83
In her last year studying to be a doctor, the young beauty stumbles upon someone who would change her life in the most unexpected ways...whether thro...
22.7K 482 51
Eliza, a 20-year-old medical student, is unhappily in love with her friend's boyfriend. She tries to forget about him, though she secretly dreams abo...