Angelic Mask-(s.m)

By babyrosemendes

"Your eyes are full of pain, but your smile is so angelic it masks your pain"~ Athena is a young sweet 18 ye... More

A/N-
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
*
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Epilogue
Epilogue 2

22

3.1K 80 43
By babyrosemendes

"I think I'm going to be sick" I say to Shawn as my palms started to sweat.

"Why it's only dinner and there's nothing to be worried about?" He says patting my cheek and then giving me quick kiss.

"Only dinner? I'm meeting your family Shawn!" I say and he laughed.

"You'll be fine and I know they will love you princess" he says grabbing my hand and helping me out of the car.

Today was Thursday, I had been busy with studying for my finals and I'm going to be busy the next few weeks and Shawn wanted me to meet his family so we had to do it today.

Of course I was extremely nervous, like what do I do? What do I say? Will they like me? What if they hate me? What if they realise I'm not good enough for Shawn? This was making me so anxious.

"Relax" Shawn whispers in my ear as we stood at the door. His hands on my shoulders trying to relax me and I held a tub of cookies I had made.

The brown door swung open and I was greeted by a young girl. Beautiful long brown hair and eyes like Shawn's.

"Aaliyah this is Athena, my girlfriend and Athena this is my sister Aaliyah" Shawn introduces the both of us.

"Hi it's nice to meet you" I say with a smile and she smiles back at me, which gives me a bit of relief.

"Hey, come in Athena" she says as she made way for me to walk in which I did. By the time I turned around she slammed the door shut on Shawn.

"Aaliyah let me in!" I could hear him as he banged on the door.

"I said only Athena can come in, is your name Athena?" She laughs and I could hear him groan in annoyance at his sister's antics.

She rolled her eyes and then opens the door for Shawn, who grabbed her and got her into a headlock. She started yelling and screaming before I heard rapid footsteps.

"Shawn! Let go of her! You both" the woman in front of me yells at Shawn who was made to let go of Aaliyah. She had dark blonde hair and I couldn't see the resemblance Shawn shared with her.

"Mom, this is Athena my girlfriend" Shawn says and she turns around to look at me. She looks at me for a few seconds before offering a kind smile which made me smile.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you Mrs Mendes" I say and she opened her arms before giving me a hug. I couldn't hug her properly because I was holding the box of cookies.

"Welcome Athena, come in darling and call me Karen. Hope these two weren't annoying you" she laughs and I giggled as she led me straight inside to the kitchen.

"Athena made you these cookies" Shawn says as I placed them down on the counter. He placed a kiss on his mother's cheek before coming to stand with me.

"Cookies!" We all turned our heads at the child's voice which echoed through the kitchen. A little boy walking in with straight brown hair like Shawn's exactly.

"Shawn you're-" his sentence immediately stopped when his eyes landed on me. Karen picked Shawn's little brother up and he immediately hid his face away from us, which made everyone chuckle.

"That little guy is Ethan, and he's extremely shy around new people" Shawn says.

"Ethan can you say hi" Karen says to him and he stuck his hand out giving a wave but not making any eye contact with me. He was so adorable and I hope he would warm up to me.

"He's really shy compared to-"

"Landon Mendes is here and ready to make an entrance" a new voice yelled before a younger looking Shawn entered the kitchen. He looked like Shawn but slightly younger and his hair was a bit darker. It also sounded like he had a slight deeper voice then Shawn.

"And that's my brother Landon. Landon this is my girlfriend Athena" Shawn says and I turned to greet him.

"Athena, wow such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl" He says taking my hand and placing a kiss on the back of it, Shawn scoffed next to me.

"Thank you, it's nice to meet you" I say I could barely even get the words out.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, my brother cannot stop talking about you and now I see why" he smirks.

All the Mendes boys were so charming.

"Alright relax" Shawn says pulling my hand out of Landon's. Everyone laughed before Aaliyah opened the box of cookies, they all took one for themselves and I just smiled waiting to see if they liked it.

"These are delicious" Karen says and everyone else agreed and I felt a bit better.

"Shawn go show her around the house, while we prepare dinner" Karen says and Shawn nodded leading me out of the kitchen.

He showed me around the house which was beautiful and covered in childhood photos which were adorable. Then Shawn took me upstairs into his room. "This is my room" He says and I took a step inside.

It was smaller then his current room but it still was plain and simple. Although he did have band posters on his wall by his desk. I took a look around his room and the pictures he had.

"Is that your dad?" I ask Shawn as I was looking at photo frame on his shelf.

"Yes" he replies.

"Wow Ethan looks exactly like him" I say and Shawn came and stood beside me.

"He does. It's so sad my dad never got to see him, I remember him being so excited. But my dad was a great guy, he would've really liked you" Shawn says and I held his hand for comfort. He was so strong and it was something slightly emotionally to talk about for him but he was strong.

Amongst all the photos there was a small one which was hidden behind another but I managed to get a glimpse. It was Shawn and a blonde girl. Both were young and happy, also it was their wedding day. My head couldn't wrap around why someone would leave a great guy like him. She was obviously crazy to leave him, but he deserves a lot more.

"I remember this fishing trip I took with my dad, Landon and I were both annoying him so much because we kept fighting and pushing each other off the boat" he says with a laugh looking at the picture.

"Your family are really nice, I was so scared at first" I say and he laughed.

"You're great everyone will like you, and you did good. I know how nervous you were" he says wrapping his arms around me and placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm still a bit nervous" I say and Shawn shook his head.

"Don't worry I'll be there right next to you, and there's nothing to worry about at all. If you feel uncomfortable about anything just tell me" he says and I nodded.

He placed his hand on the back of my neck and placed a kiss on my lips. I shoved him slightly but he pulled me back into his arms and kissed me again. "Shawn someone is going to come in" I say as I tried to push him back but he didn't budge.

He pulled me closer and kissed me again before he started tickling me which I tried to hold in my laughter but I couldn't. Shawn grinned as he was tickling me and I tried pulling his hands off me.

"Dinner!" We heard Landon's voice as he stood in the door way. Shawn immediately let go of me and we both turned around, I hid my face in embarrassment but Landon just laughed and then left.

"You're so annoying" I shook my head but he just laughed and held my hand as we went downstairs.

The dinner table was laid with delicious smelling food, all of Shawn's family gathering around passing plates and cutlery around.

"Saved you both a seat right next to me" Landon says and Shawn rolled his eyes. I sat down in between the brothers right opposite Ethan who refused to make eye contact with me.

"So Athena tell us about yourself" Karen says and I froze for a second. What do I tell them?

"Well I play volleyball" I say and they nodded.

"I play football just saying" Landon adds and we laughed as I lifted his sleeve to show his biceps.

Most of dinner went by with all of us just talking and them all telling stories about Shawn. Everyone was so nice to me, which was great and made me feel welcome.

After dinner I was sat on the couch with Landon on one side of me and Aaliyah on the other showing me baby pictures of Shawn. "That was the one time Shawn tried out for football in freshmen year, but he chickened out and peed himself" Landon says and we all bursted into laughter.

"Will you please stop? That is not what happened" Shawn groans from the couch opposite.

"I'm not stopping and that is what happened. Also, as you can tell I'm the more athletic one in the house" Landon says and I laughed.

"Alright stop showing off now" Karen says as she walked in with cups of tea and coffee.

"Shawn was a good kid especially when he was little, then the teenage years came and caused a lot of trouble" she laughs and Shawn just hid his face. Karen sat and told me the stories and showed me more pictures of Shawn.

Landon and I were talking about school since we both go to high school but not the same school. He was actually really funny and also loved joking around. "Landon has so many girls just going after him" Karen says and Landon proudly smirked.

"What can I say, I am the better looking Mendes" he says cockily making us all laugh.

Shawn had disappeared and I excused myself while they all started a movie so I could go and find him. I walked up to his room and found him laying on his bed just staring up at the ceiling.

"Shawn, hey are you okay?" I say as sat down on the bed next to him.

"I see you're having more fun with my brother" he says turning his face away from me and I let out a laugh.

"I'm sensing a serious case of jealousy" I say poking his cheek and he scoffed. 

"Shawn come on, I was only talking to you brother about you. Stop being jealous" I say and pulled his head into my lap.

"But my brother is your age and it's weird because you both can relate on things" he says and I shook my head.

"You're really over thinking this. I know he's my age and we may relate on things, but I like you. You and you only Shawn, I don't care you're a few years older that just makes you much smarter and mature then me. But I'm yours only" I say as my fingers stroked through his hair.

"You're right, I'm being ridiculous" he sighed and I nodded before I leaned down kissing his cheek.

"Also when did you get so good at praising me" he chuckles and I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe we should get going now it's pretty late and I have school tomorrow" I says and he nods getting up.
_

Shawn and I both said goodbye to his family, we had to leave because Shawn had work and I had school. Ethan was already in bed so I couldn't say goodbye to, although it probably wouldn't effect him.

Shawn's family were so kind and very welcoming, I was so happy meeting them...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 41.7K 67
Athena Rossi; a drug addict, a mafia queen, a lost family member, an abused girl, a shy girl, ... There are a thousand names to describe her but one...
103K 1.9K 34
Athena Liveria is a 17 year old with the height of 4'9. The only thing shorter than her body was her temper Ryder Johnson, a senior like Athena. He...
15.1K 946 33
when 16 year old harley joseph is in a serious car accident, she was put into a coma. everyday, her parents come and visit her, and talk to her, just...
1.7K 64 1
Soulmates are born with matching birthmarks and when they are close to each other the birthmarks ache and burn until you touch your soulmate. You an...