The Assassin Named Brooklyn n...

Por WhoAllowedThat

Brooklyn Daniels, beautiful, seductive, and a master of poisons, is now on a journey of a lifetime. She is gr... Más

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
1
2
3
4| Acquaintances
5| Millions
6| Sake
7| Hands
8| Headphones
9| Cocktails
10| Friends
11| Cots
12| Ribs
13| Rome
14| Pills
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
31| Pasta
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 31.5 (Henry's Pov)
Chapter 31.5 (Keiko's Pov)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
46| Backseats
47| Fantasies
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
51| Ferris Wheels
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 54.5 (Jace's POV)
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5 (Henry's POV)
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 62.5 (Jackson's POV)
Authors Notes and Q&A
Open Discussion
Books I'm Writing!
Deadly Sins is Now Live and Available on Kindle Unlimited and Paperback

Chapter 24

15.9K 551 70
Por WhoAllowedThat

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter

Make sure you vote

Chapter 24

I look out the window of the movie truck. "So where are we going?"

Jackson has been driving for the last ten minutes in silence. Which is very unlike him. The first time talking to him he was begging me to get sushi now he silently driving to an unknown location.

Is he planning to kill me? Did he tell the boss what happened and he has to dispose of me? The car isn't going that fast. Thirty miles per hour, maybe... if I jump now. I'll just scrape my skin. Nothing too bad, but shit... it'll hurt.

Jackson opens his mouth, the hairs on my neck begin to stand. I place a hand on the door handle. This is going to suck. "I needed your help with some stuff," Jackson finally says. "But, don't worry it isn't anything dangerous." I let go of the door handle. Oh...

I let out a sigh of relief and ease back into the chair, "all righty then." Jackson drives into a nearby parking lot to a Walmart. "Wait? Why are we here?"

Jackson eases into a parking spot. He turns off the car and looks over to me. He looks down at his thumbs and back up to my face, "so, the thing is," he starts. "I wanted to buy everyone some new clothes. I'm really bad at these things and I feel bad that you have to walk around in that bikini. Also, Brandon doesn't have a shirt to wear."

Scoffing, "I don't think he has a problem with that. I think he's purposely not wearing a shirt."

Jackson smiles, "Yeah. I think you are right about that. But, he should at least have the option."

Jackson and I walk into Walmart. Much like most Walmarts, everything is extremely cheap and the workers there look like they have no life... no souls.

Jackson grabs a cart for us and starts walking over to the women's section. Jackson stops at the dresses and looks through it. Following his lead, a certain dress catches my eyes. It's screamed, Katherine. Long, low cutting and cheetah print. It's perfect for her.

"How about this for Katherine," Jackson says holding up a long white dress. Katherine wouldn't be caught dead in that. Well, anything from Walmart but definitely not that dress if she had to wear something from here.

"Ummm no..." I say picking up the dress I saw earlier. "This is way better for her." Jackson examines the dress and nods his head in agreement.

"See? this is why I brought you here. I'm hopeless with things like this. Now, what about Keiko?"

"Keiko's easy she'll be happy with a t-shirt and shorts." I grab a random pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt. "She's more of a comfortability type of person."

After being in the same presence of Keiko she's only worn shorts and t-shirts. Nothing too tight or constricting.

"Speaking of Keiko, has she always been that quiet?"

I nod my head, Keiko has never said a single word since I met her. She's been at the company a few months before I was, and she hasn't said a word.

"Yeah, she's been like that since I've met her. But ever since starting this mission, I've learned quite a few things about her."

"Oh really? Like what?"

"Well, like how she's an amazing fighter. Back at the house, I thought she was one of those mercenaries. So I tried to pin her down and she did this cool move and flipped me on the ground."

"Wow," Jackson smiles. "She's pretty amazing isn't she." Jackson holds up a shirt that has a huge pug on it. Is he serious? Does he really want to walk around in a shirt like that? It's not even a cute pug.

"God no...".

His jaw drops, "but, there's a cute dog on it. I bet I'll look amazing in it. Just you wait," Jackson takes off his current shirt in one quick motion. His defined abs cause me to stir with the sight of him. Jackson puts on the pug shirt and does a 360 spin in a nearby full body mirror.

That shirt still looks horrid. I don't say a single word, instead, I continue to stare at him in pure disgust.

"You have no sense of style. I'm getting this shirt," Jackson argues. Jackson takes off the shirt puts his original shirt back on. He then throws the ugly pug shirt into the cart much to my dismay. Oh, I cannot wait until Brandon sees this shirt. He's going to have a field day. Jackson picks up a couple of random pairs of shorts and more t-shirts. Most likely for the other guys. They're just simple solid color shirts nothing too crazy unlike what he chose for himself.

"Whatever, but don't come crying to me when Brandon teases you for it."

Jackson shrugs his shoulders and flips his hair. "For someone to tease you, it has to look bad." His style includes his brown chiseled chest. A smirk creeps on my face, "Oh she's smiling again." Jackson points out.

"Shut up," I say walking ahead to the women's section. I pick up a pair of black leggings and a t-shirt that says Let me sleep on it for myself.

Jackson throws in a white dress he saw as we leave the clothing aisle. He's probably getting that for Keiko or Katherine. It's doesn't seem like their style but it was pretty cute.

With Jackson walking behind me closely I walk towards some underwear. I pick up a random pack of underwear and Jackson eyes them intensely. "What?"

"Nothing. I just think you have an adorable taste in underwear. The little bear on the ass is really cute." Jackson says walking towards the food aisle. I turn the pack around and it does indeed have a cartoon-like bear on them. I know I'm not picky but I'm not five. I pick up a different pair of solid underwear and put them in the cart.

Jackson throws in a bunch of snacks. I follow behind Jackson, why did he invite me here? He could have easily done all of this by himself or with Henry at least. "Do we need anything else?" Jackson asks eyeing our cart.

We have clothes, cookies, underwear. What else? A tickle in my throat causes me to cough slightly in my hand and I smell death. How long has my breath smelt like this? "Uhh yeah, we need toothbrushes and toothpaste."

Jackson lets out a snort, "thank god you said something because..." I reflectively place a hand over my mouth to cover the smell.

"Whaa- why didn't you say anything?" I say in a muffled tone.

Jackson shrugs his shoulders," I just assume you knew." I feel my cheeks start to burn. That is so unattractive and embarrassing. I keep a hand over my mouth and stomp to the closest bottle of mouthwash. I rip the plastic off and take a big swig.

The mouthwash burns, Jackson watches me. His laughter can probably be heard throughout Walmart. His face is red from laughing, tears fill his eyes as he watches me. I spit the mouthwash back into the bottle and put up my middle finger. "Shut up," I cough. I pick up toothbrushes and toothpaste.

"Can we go now," I demand.

"Sure," Jackson wipes his tears from his laughing fit. I walk ahead, ignoring his small giggles behind me. Jackson, go to hell! The older cashier eyes us both as she rings us up. Our faces are both red, mine from embarrassment and Jackson from his laughing fit.

"That'll be 165.44," she yawns. Jackson hands her two hundred dollar bills. I reach for the bag, but Jackson takes them both without hesitation.

I stomp my foot, "you know, I could carry one. I'm not some weak little girl."

"I know," he says. "I never said you couldn't."

Jackson places both of the bags in the backseat and eyes the rest of the money. I take a look over his shoulder, "Is something wrong? Don't tell me we ran out of money."

"Don't worry, we have a little over three hundred dollars. Which means we actually have extra money. You wanna go do something?"

I raise an eyebrow as I look at Jackson, "Do something? What do you mean?"

"You know hang out. We have some time on our hands and some money, why not? I don't know about you but I haven't been to L.A for anything besides work and I think it might be fun to explore a little."

"But what about everyone else?" They must all be waiting for us.

Jackson places a hand on my shoulder, "Oh, they'll be fine, they have a television. " He assures me, "besides it's the kid's bedtime anyway," he winks. What the hell, what's the harm in having a little fun.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I thought it was slightly boring but I wanna just you know build relationships before I break people's hearts. ~sigh~

The next chapter is more Jackson and Brooklyn they're having a NOT a date next chapter. ;)

But I also want everyone to know something about me. I enjoy breaking peoples hearts and their ships.

I wanna say thank you again for over 4000 reads. I really appreciate it.

Oh and make sure to vote!!!

I hope you all have a super amazing splendid superb day, night and evening.

Bye~

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

104K 1.3K 62
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...
969K 36.1K 66
Warning: DARK ROMANCE Story contains detailed mature scenes possessing dubious consent not recommended for age group below 18 years old. YOU HAVE BEE...
645K 21.3K 64
❝I want to worship you like a queen. Every fucking day. And use you like my little slut. Every fucking night. Together, we can set the world on fire...
52.6M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...