His Beautiful Mess (Under Edi...

By akosuafrimpong22

••^^"Meek......obedient.....naive....plain....emotional....docile....I guess she will do." I heard him utter... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Epilogue
New Book Alert

Part 36

13.8K 732 85
By akosuafrimpong22

It had been two days now since Mr Dante's sudden passing and I still couldn't believe he was gone. Winter, who had never experienced death or understood what it was had asked where Mr Dante was and I had totally been at a loss as to what to tell her being that I hadn't experienced loosing anyone either. Yale had been so kind to explain everything to her, taking that difficult task off my hand and even as we sat in the church where his funeral was being held she seemed totally fine and oblivious to what was going on. Today was the day he was being put to rest and the atmosphere at the church was well, full of gloom and crying which was made worse by the woman beautifully singing "Ave Maria".

I wiped at the tears that were streaming down my cheeks as she ended the song on an emotional note. The priest then came forth to perform some rites on the casket before finally praying over it. He went on to usher everyone to be on their feet as the pale bearers came forth to lift the casket and among them was Yale and Nate. I still didn't know why Yale had let him been around for the last two days and even much so, be at the funeral but I trusted whatever his reasons were it wasn't going to put the life of his daughter or mine at stake for that matter. I still felt uneasy around Nate though.

Winter who was by my side called out to Yale when they bypassed us at the second pew giving him a wide smile which Yale returned despite the fact that he was in a bad place right now which earned us some glances from the rest of the congregation but i didn't care. The rest followed suite with the immediate family right behind and me mixing in with the rest of the people who had come out from all walks of life to pay their respects to Mr Dante. Federica, who had arrived the following  day after the news got out saw me behind and ushered for me to join her but I politely declined not wanting to stir up any drama. And I still didn't know why she had left the house all of a sudden or where she had dissappear off to when I moved in. She rolled her eyes at me apparently not going to take no for an answer. She stood and waited for me to get to where she was before continuing on. We walked in silence like the rest of the people until we were outside the church and the casket had been placed in the hearse.

"Do you want to ride with the rest of us?" She asked adjusting the wide brim black hat on her head as she cast her eyes over to where Ave and tje rest of the cousins stood.

I politely turned down her offer as I glanced around watching people get into their respective cars. No way was I going to be in a confined space with Anne, I couldn't stand her. The last time she had come at me I had been polite and nice out of curtsey and also because I didn't want to cause a scene but I wasn't  so sure I could tolerate her again.

"C'mon Faye. You are family now ." She tried convincing me but no way was I going to give in. She let out a sigh accepting my decision before stalking off to join her cousins.

Ben who must have been watching us came to me as soon as Federica left to ask if I was ready to go. I solemnly nodded my head taking hold of my baby's hand and leading her to the waiting car. I was already missing Yale not being by my side for the past ten hours....yeah I was counting each second he wasn't by my side. He'd been busy making arrangements since yesterday and that was fine. I understood he had more responsibilities now since he was the  head of the family now and everything. Depositing Winter in the car, I entered after her only to find Aurora already inside looking out through the other side of the window. I hadn't seen much of her since the rest of the family had come and I wondered what was going on between them. Keeping my thoughts to myself, I closed the door dreading the uncomfortable tension that I had to endure for the rest of the ride back to the family's mausoleum.

Hours Later.
The burial had ended a few hours ago and the reality of  his death fully sinking in now. Few of the people had left after the burial had been over with most of the guest staying behind for the reception which was being held outside of the house. I looked up at the skies which were beginning to get dark indicating it was going to rain soon or not. Sighing to myself I looked over to where Winter was playing with her cousins and smiled to myself, I was glad she was getting to know Yale's family and she was really enjoying it all especially having cousins since she didn't have that from my side.

I was so distracted watching the kids  that I didn't realized Yale coming towards me or him taking a seat next to me until his hands reached for mine, linking them together. Little sparks went through my hand making me smile to myself. I loved how his hand felt against mine. His hands were bigger than mine but there were a perfect fit.

"How are you holding up?" I turned to ask him gently running my thumb over his knuckles.

He kept silent blankly staring into the distance and that was enough to tell me he wasn't alright, just like the night I had found him silently crying to himself. I has been moved to see a man cry over the lose of his grandfather. It showed me a vulnerable side of him I had never seen before.

"Come with me."  He turned to me with those tired eyes of his already getting to his feet taking me along with him.

I silently followed him as we made our way from the others not knowing where he was taking me. The noise soon started to die down as he led me down a path far off from the house and into an open field not far from the house.

Yale's lips claimed mine as soon as we were at a safe distance with his hands possessively going around my waist. He feverently kissed me pulling me flush against his body. My hands went around his torso leaning into him and relaxing into the kiss. Butterflies erupted in my stomach making me moan out, this was sheer heaven, being in his arms and being kissed like this by him. And the feelings he ignited in me anytime he touched me or was closed to me was becoming intense with each passing day. Deep within me I knew the truth but I didn't want to accept it just yet....it was too soon.

Yale broke the kiss after what felt like an eternity to lean his head against mine with him taking in deep breaths.

"Please, don't ever leave me Faye." He whispered out in a broken voice with his hand on my face caressing it with his eyes still closed.

"I won't." My hands joined his there with my heart aching for him. I didn't know why he said that.....maybe it was just the sadness talking.

He had just buried someone who meant the word to him and I fully didn't know what he was going through but I knew it was hard for him. To lose your parents at such a young age ad then to lose someone who had taken care of you all your entire life was something I had never experienced before. Wrapping my hands around him, I engulfed him in a hug hoping it would comfort him in any kind of way. He hugged me back running his hands through my hair.

We separated after a while with him taking a seat on the grass with me joining him there. He pulled me closer to his side with his right hand draping over my shoulders. My head automatically went to rest on his chest with me looking up at him, admiring his features.

"Why are your aunties cold and distant towards Aurora?" I asked the question that had been on my mind for some time now. I knew it was none of my business but I just wanted to understand.

Yale let out an audible sigh, running his hands through his disheveled hair.

"Aurora is just their half sister and a constant reminder of the affair my grandfather had. He fell in love with a young girl when he was still married to my grandmother and it broke her. She left when she found out that Aurora's mother was pregnant with her. So they blame her for everything and more so for being the beloved child." He explained stating down at me.

"He loved her mother and had no regret when it came to Aurora but sadly the rest of my aunties will never accept her."

"Can't you do anything about it?"

"I wish I could but I have no idea how."

I nodded my head in disappointed feeling bad for Aurora and understanding her a little bit. We settled back in silence as I took in a deep breath, the scent of rain filling my nostrils.

"Why do they call you Ilario though?" I asked again wanting to distract him from thinking too much.

"Ilario means cheerful in Italian. My grandfather named me that since I was a cheerful little child, just like Winter." He let out a chuckled apparently amused by something.

He further went on to talk about his childhood memories, growing up surrounded by women, troubles he got into and a whole lot. I listened carefully, intrigued by his life and laughing at all the mischief and crazy things he had done growing up. Who would have thought prim, composed and in control Yale ever did things such as running around naked in the house.

"I'm glad Winter didn't take after you in that department." I teased playing with his fingers.

"Yeah, I pray she doesn't. What about you? Tell me about your childhood and growing up."

"Well I had a normal boring childhood, nothing special. I was very much protected and sheltered by my mother and had no wild escapades." I confessed kinda sad I didn't have any stories to tell.

"Exactly what I imagined. All you needed was a long tower like Rapunzel to have made it complete." Yale teased laughing at my boring childhood and I was glad he was.

I playfully punched him in the elbow laughing along with him and loving the sound of the deep rumble of his chest.

The sound of a twig snapping behind us caught my attention making me turn to inspect what it was only for me to turn stone cold  with my breath getting caught up in my throat. A few feet away stood someone I thought I would never see again in my life. Yale noticed my sudden mood and turned to look at me before following the line of my gaze. Lillian stood there in the flesh, looking skinny and wretched. My eyes scanned her appearance from head to toe taking her in, she looked really thin and pale and tired and it wasn't until my eyes reached her hands did I notice the gun in her hand.

Yale must have noticed it too because he abruptly got to his feet taking me along with him to hide me at his back.  I clung on to his shirt scared out of my mind just thinking about what that crazy bitch could do.

"What are you doing here Lillian?"  I heard Yale ask with his hand clenching into fists.

"Isn't it obvious my love. I came to pay my respects and offer my condolences to you." She waved the guy in the air like it was a play toy.

"I told you never to show your face to me again and you have the audacity to even come here after all the attempts you made on Faye's life."

Attempts on my life? Ohh my God!! It was Lillian?! It was her who was behind all those attacks and and not Nate like I had thought?

"C'mon  I was only doing you a favor. I know she's not the one you want and having a child must be a burden to you." She answered coldly with her voice dripping with hate.

"Utter another word about Faye and my child and I will kill you with my bare hands." Yale said in a chilling and dangerous tone that even had me scared.

"Please...spare me that." She let our a deranged laugh rolling her eyes sarcastically. She really was truly crazy.

"Haven't you done enough you crazy b!tch. What do you want from me?"  I voiced out from behind Yale having had enough of her already.

"Ohh look who decided to join in the conversation."

She raised the gun pointing it straight at me and my heart went into full panic making my hands shake a little. Yale moved to cover me but stopped.

"Don't even think about it. You don't need to get hurt. I came here for only her. Once she's out of the way, you and I can finally be together again my love."

She sweetly smiled at Yale before turning her attention  back to me with pure hate in her eyes and a deranged mad look.

"I'm sorry I have to do this but you leave me with no choice. It's the only way and I will do my best to be a good mother to that little brat of yours." She uttered before pulling the trigger with a loud bang ripping through the air.

My eyes closed in fear, and the next thing I knew I was falling to the ground but I couldn't feel any pain or anything. I opened my eyes only to find Yale on the ground with blood soaking his shirt and that's when I realized he had pushed me out of the way to take a bullet for me. I quickly found my way to his side motified and scared out of my mind.

"Yale?!" I called to him fearing for the worst since his eyes were closed.

"Yale?! Please open your eyes." I pleaded with him amidst tears not knowing what to do.

My eyes went to the wound  at his mid riff staring at the blood that was oozing out of him. My hands instinctively went there to press down on it to stop the bleeding. I had no idea what I was doing but prayed it wasn't going to kill him. I looked up from his pale face to scan the area wondering why anyone wasn't showing up. Hadn't they heard the noise? I thought to myself with tears streaming down my face and my whole body trembling.

Lillian who realized she had missed her target stood there watching, horrified at what she had done and if it wasn't for the fact that Yale was dying I would have scratched out her eyes.

"Help!!!!! Somebody help!!!" I screamed out as loud as I could hoping someone....anyone would hear me and come to our aid.

My gaze returned to Yale who had somehow open his bloodshot eyes to look at me. His face was so pale and his lips were too.

"Stay with me Yale....please."

He kept his gaze on me with his hand somehow finding it's way to my face to wipe the tears away but it only made me cry more. Why did he have to do that? Put his life in danger for me? Didn't he know I'd never forgive myself if something happened? I thought to myself as I let out a call for help again before lifting my head to the now dark skies to send a quick prayer to God for someone to show up.

Another bang ringing through the air caught my attention and I lifted my head only to find Lillian, laying lifeless on the ground. She had shot herself.....taken her own life but I cared less for that at that moment. Yale was the only important thing to me now. And it didn't take long before I saw Ben and Federica appeared our of no where making their way towards me and Yale. I closed my eyes in relief, glad to see familiar faces.

I watched as Ben got his phone out and was already calling for an ambulance with Federica coming to a halt at where Lillian's body laid with a shocked and confused look on her face before her gaze came to settle on Yale's body. Her hands went to cover her mouth with horror filling her eyes.

Soon the rest of the Benenati women came into view with Ave making her way towards me. She quickly took off the scarf she was wearing and folded it, bringing it down to replace my hand with it and press down on it.

"He's lost a lot of blood. Faye, talk to him don't let him close his eyes for any reason." She took charge barking orders at me and asking Ben if the ambulance was already on its way.

I glady obeyed, taking my hands off the wound and shifting to where his head was. His eyes were a little bit unfocused but they were opened and on me so that was a good thing right? I smiled down at him wiping at the tears on my face with the back of my hand.

"Ave is here now, everything will be alright." I soothing cooed out to him.

"Have I told you how handsome you are? You took my breath away the first time I saw you although you looked mean and intimidating." I chuckled out amidst tears.

"And have I told you how much I love it when you smile? Because then I get to see your beautiful dimples that looks just like Winter's."

"She is her father's daughter and she loves you so very much. Even before she knew you existed she loved you."

Yale smiled a weak smile at that with a tear rolling down the side of his eyes.

Soon the sound of a chopper landing in the open field away from us gave me hope. Help was finally here and Yale was going to survive. The EMT team quickly rushed over with a stretcher with Ave already explaining what had happened and his condition to them. Still keeping pressure on his wound she helped them get him on a stretcher and straightened him up before carrying him away to the waiting chopper. I followed not wanting to leave his side and got inside with them.

The thought of Winter suddenly popped into my head and that's when I decided to get back out. I couldn't leave her alone. Federica must have read my thoughts because she raised her hand to stop.

"No you go. I'll take care of her and report this to the police." She yelled over the noise of the chopper to be heard.

I mouthed a "Thank you." to her before the door of the chopper was finally shut with the pilot taking off with the rain drizzling.

At the hospital
Yale had been rushed into surgery as soon as they had gotten him out of the chopper and into the hospital and as I sat in the waiting room with my hands still stained with his blood I couldn't help but cry some more. This was all my fault and I was never ever going to forgive myself if he should die.

No, no, no, no....he wasn't going to die...he wasn't going to die. I got to my feet and started pacing, mentally chanting it to myself. He wasn't going to die he was going to survive this, he was going to be alright. What was taking them long anyways? Why wasn't anyone coming out to tell me anything and where was Ave? I thought to myself with my eyes going to the clock at the waiting area and it had only be an hour.

I sat back down willing myself to stay calm but it was useless. Ave appeared just then still in her black dress  with a lab coat thrown over it which apparently meant she worked her.

"How is Yale?" I got to my feet again to ask getting close to her.

"He's still in surgery and I'm not allowed to be in there so I don't really know how he's doing but trust me he's in the best of hands." She assured me with a smile.

I vaguely nodded my head sitting back down and blankly staring into space. And that was how I sat for the rest of the time till Aurora, Anne, Federica and Nate showed up at the hospital. Federica hurriedly made her way to me to comfort me and I was glad she was there.

"How is he?" She asked looking down at my hands which still hadn't been washed.

"He's still in surgery. It's all my fault. That's suppose to be me in there and not him." I sobbed out to Fede.

"No its not...."

"Of course it's her fault." I heard Anne snidely retort from where she stood.

I ignored her but not Federica, she stood up and made her way to where Anne was to face her.

"What's your problem? Get over yourself Anne. She's the one Yale chooses and if he decides to give up his life for her it's none of your business so back off. And I would suggest you leave if you can't stay positive. There's no room for your negative energy here." She finished off angrily crossing her hand over her chest.

"I agree with Federica." I heard Aurora voice out from where she sat gloomily staring down at her hand.

Maria nodded her agreement and that was enough to shut her up. I could defend myself but I was so grateful to them coming to my rescue. She returned to my side to give me an apologetic smile. And that's how we spent the rest of the waiting hours....in agonising silence.

***
Four hours.....It'd been four hours of constant worry and anxiety  and nobody had still come out to tell us anything and I was dying of not knowing if Yale was alright. A little of my anxiety went away when I saw Ave with other doctors coming towards us. I quickly scrambled out of my seat and rushed towards them.

"How is he Doctor?"

"Are you his family?" The first doctor who was still in scrubs asked looking at the rest of is.

"Yes we are all his family." Nate who hadn't spoken a word since he came chipped in.

"I'm going to be honest with you...the surgery went well but he's in a crital state. The bullet went through some of his intestine and rapture an artery. We managed to get the bullet out and fix it. And he lost a lot of blood too. It's going to be touch and go from here on." He finished off staring at our faces.

"So what you are saying....is that he could die?" I asked feeling numb in my chest.

"We are hoping for the best."

I solemnly nodded my head which felt faint now and I was dizzy as hell. Everything around me was spinning and before I knew it my eyes were closing and I felt my body freely falling to the ground  before everything blacked out.

Hey loves, hope all of you are doing good. Sorry for the delayed chapter, this week has been tiring considering the fact that school has reopened and I am swamped with lots of reading and research assignments by lectures who are too lazy to teach (😣😣). Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter. What do you think will happen? Will Yale survive?

Don't forget to vote and comment as usual.

Ohhh I almost forget....."His Beautiful Mess" has reached a 100k votes.......yessssssss🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊. I'm a thankful and great full to anyone who has supported this story since day one. You guys are the real MVP and you inspire me to keep writing and never give up on my dreams of being an author. Thank you all once again and I live you guys very very much.❤💙💚💛💜💓💕💖💟💗💝💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 5.5K 44
Lux has a past that she avoids at all costs. He did this to her. He made her the way she is. Axel, the next in line for the Thanos-Romano Family Don...
6.4M 248K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
62.5M 2.6K 6
Brielle Newman A 21-year-old girl who was struggling to make life comfortable for herself and her niece, Delilah. Her sister left the baby the minute...
6.9K 53 11
We always despised each other to the core, and we would always find a way to pull each other down and ruin each other's plans. We were like polar op...