Adopted By 5SOS

By veratiserum

14 years old, abused and raised in an orphanage. Valerie's life seems hopeless until she meets four boys. More

Adopted By 5SOS
Home
Waking Up
Uh Oh
Soda Pop
Here We Go Again...
Help You Forget
TO THE SIGNING
They're Here
I Felt Safe
Girlfriend?
Trust
Veronica
Collapsed
Concussions
We Don't Know
Promises
Come Back With Me
My Father
Family
A Day Out
Pizza
A Gift
Birthday Plans
Party?
My Amazing Birthday
School
My First Day
Friends
Arzaylea
Bad Dreams
Screams
I'm Free
I Felt Alone
Visiting
One Big Happy Family
School Deciding
Youngblood
Sick Buddies
Not Again
Everything Went Black
I Promise
I Don't Want to Lose Them
Cheer Me Up
The Last Time
Healing
Sleeping Pills
Twitched
Put An End to Everything
Watch This Sunrise
Is Any of This Worth It?
Sad Expressions
Eye Contact
Love
Big Heart
My First Home
Not the Same
I'll Try Harder

Afraid of Losing Her

495 11 0
By veratiserum

Chapter 48
Ashton's POV

I received a text from Clara stating that Valerie wasn't taking the whole situation well. Well no shit, she was being taken away. Clara sent me her address because she thought it would be best if I talked to Val without the lawyer or court knowing.

On my way there, my phone buzzed. I stopped at a stoplight and saw that it was from Val. I quickly opened it and saw it said 'I love you, I'm sorry'. I clicked the telephone icon to call her, but every time it would just ring and ring with no answer.

A few minutes later, I found the house and parked on the street. With a fast pace, I walked up to the door because I was worried about what she texted me. Clara opened the door and I could hear the water running from the back of the house.

"Hello Mr. Irwin, Valerie is in the shower right now but she won't answer me when I knock." Clara said looking concerned.

"Yeah, she sent me a text like ten minutes ago but it was strange. What happened?" I said still looking at the bathroom door worried. I had a bad feeling.

"Well the television was turned on and they mentioned your name as well as showed pictures and I turned it off and she screamed and raced into her room." She said.

"Okay, well let's see if she answers the door." I said quickly walking to the door.

I knocked. No answer. I knocked again but this time I called out here name. No answer. Clara came by and handed me a bobby pin to try and unlock the door with. I finally did it, but when I opened the door, it was blocked by something there. I looked through the small opening and saw a pill bottle rolled in the corner.

"Oh my god." I panicked and opened the door sharply to find Valerie lying on the floor.

"Baby please wake up." I cried and held her in my arms. Clara started calling 911.

The bathroom was fogged up from the hot shower. Valerie's face was pale. Sitting her up, I shoved my fingers down her throat to make the pills come out. She coughed and it felt like some sort of life was still in her. A few minutes later the ambulance came and placed her on a stretcher.

I jumped in the ambulance and held her hand as they worked on her. Her face was calm, it glowed through the tear stains. Her cold hand only moved when the ambulance shook. It was ice cold besides the fact that it was warm outside.

I was afraid of losing her, but I didn't think it would be this way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 35 24
Nobody would care for them, both girls are alone at this point with only each other. Their names are Lyric and Natalie, Lyric is 15 and Natalie is 13...
324K 5.6K 35
She'd dealt with it before- everyday in fact. The words were thrown around as much as the beer bottles. But no one could know. She told people she...
664K 17.8K 60
Jessie's parents had given her up when she was only four years old and she had been living in a orphanage ever since. 12 years later, her entire lif...
129K 4K 39
In which an ordinary girl, finds her voice in an extraordinary way.