Voltron: Legendary Defender (...

By Rumatyy

This show is great, I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't already! If you'd like, you can request! I... More

Help! (Lance x Reader!)
Treacherous (Keith x Reader!)
Home sick (Shiro x Reader!)
Innocent (Male!Pidge x Reader!)
Nightmares (Hunk x Reader!)
Surprise! (Shiro x Reader!)
Altean Promise (Rolo x Reader!)
Close Combat (Keith x Reader!)
Hide and Seek (Shiro x Reader!)
Authors note
Reckless (Pidge x Reader!)
Comfort (Lance x Depressed!Reader)
Nostalgia (Allura x Reader!)
Nyctophobia (Keith x Reader!)
Secret Admirer (Pidge x Reader!)
Competition (Lance x Shy!Reader x Keith)
Best friends (Platonic!Lance x Chip (OC))
Remorse (Shiro x Reader!)
Happy Halloween~
Shower of Kisses (Keith x Male!Reader)
Not Telling~ (Lance x Reader!)
[ R e q u e s t s C l o s e d ] + Thanks!!
Always Be Here (Hunk x Reader!)
Soulmates (Lance x Reader!)
Home For Christmas (Shiro x Reader!)
Insecurities (Keith x Fem!Reader)
Fateful Meetings (Lance x Reader!)
Mind Games || Part One (Pidge x Reader)
Mind Games || Part Two (Pidge x Reader)
Winter Wear (Keith x Fem!Reader)

Remember Me (Shiro x Reader!)

1K 36 29
By Rumatyy

You are my sunshine, 』

In an instant, life itself could change, Shiro knew that better than any one else. Even in those circumstances, the former leader of Voltron had felt appeased, content with his actions. It was as if everything he has worked up for till now had paid off somehow, leaving him so very grateful for his teammates, especially (y/n). His vision slowly became more and more hazy, the familiarity of the presence before him sending a tinge of pain shooting throughout his slowed heart.

'(y/n)...'

He was a fallen soldier, or so it seemed. However, just being close to his beautiful significant other was enough to bring a weak smile to his face. The very smile he would spend a life time protecting disappeared, panic washing over (his/her/their) facial features. He couldn't bring himself to move his limbs, each subtle push had him in immense pain and he let out weeps.

"Shiro!"

'(y/n).'

The voice he loved so much was full of desperation.

"Shiro! Stay with me!!"

'Stay?'

Heh, the very thought of his lover caused a bubbly feeling to resurface and he had found shelter in those comforting words. He recalled the first time those soft lips pressed against his, so gentle and sweet and how (he/she/they) became a flustered mess afterwards. Shiro couldn't stop teasing after that. Or the time that he had met (his/her/their) brother that was a pilot enrolled in the Garrison, how (he/she/they) had tip-toed down the corridor at midnight only to lose track of time.

"Someone?" (he/she/they) shriek(s), shakily and full of anxiousness. "any one!"

Shiro was truly oh so blessed. He loved (him/her/them) ... Way more than he thought.

『 My only sunshine, 』

The former Black Paladin could recall the very moment he had fallen victim for (y/n)'s charms. It was on a cloudy day like that did he end up crossing paths with the eccentric engineer, the grey clouds foreshadowing the world he once knew as Earth. Home.

"Shiro!"

The melodic voice seemed galaxies away, repeating his name over and over, like a broken record. Oh, how he could listen to it every day. Then, it had faded, just like his vision of the figure before him. Yet, he could still remember the very existence of his significant other, the joyful curl of (his/her/their) lips when they were pleased by the simplest of things, the (h/c) hair that whisked in the wind as the two stood proudly of each other, and how could he forget the very eyes that mesmerized him? God, who knew Shiro could love like this. If Lance could read his mind, he would surely be damn mess.

'(y/n)...'

He didn't realize it until now that most of his memories had been with the Paladins, Alteans, and of course, the (h/c) haired engineer who had saved him so many times.

"Shirogane? Well, don't shy away from the soon to come rain." (He/she/they) say(s), softly, "Embrace it."

Ah, it was at that moment that Shiro had suddenly become entranced by not only the smaller engineer, but the once gloomy day as well. All the loneliness had lifted, leaving only a strange sensation to arise within him.

『 You make me happy, 』

"He's unconscious..."

He still sensed the sadness that radiated off (y/n), distant sniffling heard, and it hurt like hell. It had left him restless, reminded him of the time the two had visited the tomb stone of the (l/n)'s. (y/n) had squeezed Shiro's hand tightly, as if (he/she/they) were to gain some sort of strength to hold it all in.

"I'm here, (y/n)." Shiro could remember his whisper of reassurance, lacing their fingers together and he pulls (him/her/them) in for a sudden embrace.

With arms occupied, he was left defenseless, although he didn't mind at all. (y/n) had buried (his/her/their) face into his torso, hiding the tears the soon fell. It was the first time he witnessed the vulnerability of his lover and even though he didn't want to admit it, the once Paladin was a little happy. To be able to see another side he didn't know before was truly a blessing.

"Shiro, thank-," the (h/c) haired engineer pauses.

In a tick, his beloved had shuffled, clenching the hem of his sweater. Those (e/c) hues were locked onto his, arched and clouded with sorrow. Shiro was reminded that his body had instinctively moved swiftly, brushing a lock of (his/her/their) hair behind the left ear.

"-Thank you..."

When skies are grey,

"Shiro! Please, Please, Please." (y/n) pleads, "don't go..."

"(y/n)," Shiro whispers, tone hushed and soft.

The former pilot of the black lion could feel it. His beloved was crying, yet he couldn't move his body. Why? How did things end up this way? All he could do was wish, that someone will show up and as much as it would hurt the man, comfort (him/her/them) like he once did. Cuddle the smaller figure and shower the cheeky genius with love, giving another reason to smile again. All these things, Shiro would give anything to do. Just once.

"Oh Shiro," (y/n) starts, clearing (his/her/their) burning throat, "I-."

"-It's all my fault. Everything."

'No, its not.'

It had frustrated him, he could no longer form coherent sentences and he hated it.

'I did it because I can't lose you.'

He had fallen into the void of his memories once more, finding home within that precious and innocent grin that saved him even now. His face relaxed the moment he was hit with nostalgia, brought back to the time where he had knelt down on one knee under the grey clouded sky he no longer considered the enemy, flushed face of (his/hers/theirs) as (he/she/they) nod in response, speechless.

"Yes, yes, yes!" (y/n) yelps, covering (his/her/their) mouth in embarrassment.

His lips were left with a warm sensation, reminiscing of the deep kiss the two had shared that day. It was at that moment Shiro knew, no matter what, he needed to protect the self-taught mechanic.

You'll never know dear,

Picture perfect memories had slowly pulled the captain of the Atlas in, grey irises glued onto the glass image before him. Staring and falling deeper into eternal darkness, Shiro watches intently, a smile forming on his softened facial features. His body was aglow, now drifting further away from his  frail and immobile body. Yet, he was at peace.

A wry smile had taken over, the soft whispers of a confessions bringing him back to the time (y/n) had tried on Allura's Paladin uniform, the Altean peeking from behind a pillar. The mechanic brimmed with confidence, walking slowly towards Shiro, and without warning, arms had slung around his shoulders. He was speechless, mind blank, dazed and puzzled almost.

"care to dance?"

Shiro nervously laughed, nodding. Now that he thought about it, he should have complimented his beloved, instead he took (his/her/their) hand in his, moving slowly. Shiro usually didn't like this type of thing, but the sheepish curl of (his/her/their) lips drove him mad.

"Sometimes, things like this are nice."

He could still hear it oh so clearly.

"Yeah." Shiro responds, closing his eyes, fully accepting the warmth of his significant other. "Are you going to ask Lance too?" He joked.

"Mhmm."

Much to his surprise, the former black paladin didn't like that response at all. To think, he of all people would react in such a way. The sudden fits of laughter that escaped (his/her/their) lips caused Shiro to avert his gaze, squeezing (his/her/their) hand a little. To this day, he still felt embarrassed. Looking back now, he seemed awfully lame. 

"I'm kidding too." (y/n) whispers, gently pressing (his/her/their) lips atop his cheek.

How much I love you,

'Shiro, you promised-,"  

The used-to-be captain felt a soft smile curling on his plump lips, sorrow now filling those clouded grey hues at the thought of leaving (his/her/their) side. He wasn't quite sure what happened to be completely honest, the recollection of his recent memories came to a halt, causing confusion to arise. All Shiro knew was that he was dying, disappearing from the world he's come to love. No, galaxy that he'd love for eternity. 

'-You promised! Remember? You told my brother you would always be with me.' 

Shiro didn't lie, he would always be there. God, he sounded lame. Much to his dismay, the white haired male was shown a clear image of what was going on. (y/n)'s hands and head were buried on his feeble body, whimpers resonating within his ears. However, deep down he was relieved. The (h/c) haired mechanic was safe, no major injuries from what he could tell. Without warning, he felt a wet sensation slowly making its way down his cheek and he was finally hit with the sudden realization. Confusion struck his facial features, he was so happy, yet so deeply saddened.

  "It's no good. We're losing him." 

Pidge, the serious tone of hers brought a weak smile to his face. The green paladin was a genius, he was so proud. Keith, he knew that he could do it. Shiro believed in him after all.And  Lance, Hunk, Allura Coran, he will definitely miss them immensely. however, there was no changing fate. 

The white haired man watched over the group, (y/n) attempting to wipe away the tears that rolled down (hid/her/their) cheeks, eyes puffy from the amount of crying done. It was at that moment that Shiro wanted nothing more than to embrace the engineer in his arms, but he couldn't. So he stood, agony building and breaking him internally, like guilt.

"Shiro, please..." 

He lost total control over his lifeless body, trapped inside his endless imagery of his beloved. Oh, he was dead. The darkness had engulfed him, and just like his body, he was ready. Shiro let his eyes close slowly, a warm feeling embracing him, dragging him deeper, deeper. 

'Someday.' With that final thought, he gave in.

  So please don't take my sunshine away...   

"I love you."

"I know. I love you too..."

 ___________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello, hello~!! Ish me again, your trashy author! Attempting to write older requests and whew, this will take forever at this rate. It was my doing though, angsty Shiro x readers are my favourites! The first time I wrote this, it deleted from existence, (Thanks Wattpad.) so here I am, take two of angst.  

Originally, the idea came from @Nazlanmark and has been in my thoughts for a loooong time. Hope this is what you imagined? *dies internally* Looking back, there are so many scenarios for me, I'm just so picky with my writing these days and will be updating soon again. Thanks for reading!!!! ❤❤

-Unedited-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864 49 11
this is a Keith x Lance. I wrote this out in my spare time because I've been binge watching Voltron. ENJOY!! ♥️
251K 11.2K 40
Lol, first Klance! Hope you all enjoy! Keith has been haunted since he fought with the Druid. His hand... It just healed... That wasn't a normal thin...
82.5K 2.3K 13
Voltron fanfiction. Post season 2 Lance x Lotor #Lancelot
67.7K 2.8K 31
With Shiro and Matt safely back at the castle, team voltron prepares for the inevitable battle with Lotor. However, Lotor sets up a trap for Voltron...