Crystal Clear

By kamie112

This is the first book in the 'Handle With Care' Series. You are fortunate to embark on the lives of three ve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 32

1.3K 19 9
By kamie112

Chapter 32

Cara

Ava never came back after that night. She ignored my calls and texts. She never called and ignored Becca’s calls as well. I was worried about her. I had no idea where she could have been! I just hoped she wasn’t on the streets. I hoped she was safe.

I walked over to the closet and grabbed my suitcases. Mrs. Borges had called me the next morning tell me that she couldn’t find a place. But she did find a three bedroom apartment. I told her about Ava and she just said she had no idea…which was true so I couldn’t blame her…I just took it, just in case Ava needed me.

It’s been a week since then. I just told her that I needed a week and that I would just move then. I wanted to wait for her. I’m her best friend and I just wanted to make sure she was okay. I’d always be there for her…

A week had past and I was so lonely. It was just me and my babies in this crappy motel. I didn’t want to feel sorry for myself because it would be so childish. I needed to be strong for my little girls. I needed to raise them right.

Turtle Ridge in Irvine CA. I kept telling myself that all morning. I was packing and trying to get everything ready. It was hard because I didn’t have much money to hire a moving truck. I called Chris and he said he couldn’t. He really wanted to but he was working. I had no one to help me. Everyone was either in school or busy. So once again…alone. The guy who worked at the motel helped me out a bit. He helped me put the things into my car. I didn’t have enough space but it would do for now.

I was finally finished with packing and ready to go. Turtle Ridge, I told myself again. I sighed and started the car. I thanked the man and drove off.  Luckily I had a GPS or else I’d totally be lost. It took me a while to get there. Twenty six minutes to be exact.

When I got there, I saw that Mrs. Borges was already there waiting for me. She smiled and handed me two sets of keys. I thanked her politely.

“Oh, don’t worry about it honey! This place is great for you. It looks a little…rough, but I know once your family and friends aren’t available, they will help you make it home.” She said. I smiled and she offered to help bring my things inside. She made sure and gotten an apartment that was on the first floor so that I wouldn’t do much walking. It was a little troop down a long hallway, but once I got there I was relieved. Number 16A. I smiled and visualized walking to this door everyday with my little girls. I opened the door with my brand new keys and stepped inside my new home.

Wow, this place wasn’t too bad. The first thing I saw when I walked into the apartment was the kitchen. It wasn’t that big but it was perfect for me. It came with marble counters and a nice two door fridge. Then I saw the living area. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a room but it was more of an area. I smile and picture the play pins and the girls watching TV. Then I walked into a small hallway to where the bedrooms were. I saw that the first bedroom was a good size and it had one small closet which would work. The next room was opposite the first room but more down the hall. It was small but it was also a good size. The closet in there was big and there was a large window. The last room was the biggest, it had a large closet that had a lot of space. It also had three windows.  I figured that would be the girls room. Only because they would need more space than me.  I would take the first room and the smaller room…I don’t know, maybe for Ava when she came to her senses.

When I walked to the end of the hall, I noticed the bathroom. It was really big which made up for the fact that there was only one. I went back over to Mrs. Borges and hugged her as much as I could. We laughed because I was so huge. She told me that if I needed anything I could call her and she left. I sighed looking at the apartment…alone. It made me a little sad but, I had to do this. I walked over to the first room and stood there. I looked around and smiled.

“I can do this!” I said loudly to myself. I went back over to where my suitcases where and started to unpack.

Four hours later I felt miserable. I was so ALONE! I can’t do this! Not alone anyway. It was hard to be pregnant and be unpacking by myself! And I had no furniture or food. I was hopeless, and Ava was right, this was a stupid idea! I probably had like, thirty bucks. So yah, I had money for food and stuff but…I had no microwave and I didn’t even have a bed! This really stunk and I really wanted to be with Keith then…wait, I can’t be thinking about Keith! I told myself that I would move on! I can’t feel like I need to rely on him! This was just frustrating on so many levels. I got up, grabbed the keys and walked out of the house. I didn’t know where I was going but I needed to be somewhere other than there.

I found myself sitting in my car crying. I cried more than I did that night Keith and I broke up. I cried a lot, so much that I made my stomach hurt. It was as if my babies were telling me to stop crying. But I couldn’t, I wanted my mom. I wanted her to tell me everything would be okay! I also wanted my big brother to be with me. He always made me feel better. He always knew how I felt and was always on my side. I cried some more. I decided to go and visit Chris. I knew he would know what to say. I put his address into the GPS and went to go see him. I barely got anywhere when my car shut down. I was so depressed that I didn’t even notice that I didn’t have gas. I forgot that I drove so much just to move here. I broke down somewhere near Newport Beach. I called to see if Chris could come and get me but I couldn’t get any reception. I sighed and sat on the sidewalk. I looked up and noticed a gas station about half a mile away. I knew that that would be such a long walk but, I couldn’t stay there forever! I got up and locked my car. There was no way I would leave it unlocked so that someone could steal it.

About half way there I was starting to get a little cold. I didn’t have a sweater because I left it in the car. Stupid…so I was left cold and, hungry? Great, figures I’d be stranded in Newport Beach, hungry, cold, and no way to call anyone. I was getting closer but my feet were aching anyway. I back was starting to hurt and my legs were hurting. It kind of sucks when you reach a certain part of your pregnancy and you start to feel pain.

I finally got there, waddling into the gas station like some sort of goofy looking duck. At least I looked good! I walked up to the convenience store looking for someone who can help.

“Hello? Is this place open!?” I yelled. I sighed thinking that it would be just my luck that I’d find a closed gas station.

“Back here!” I heard someone yell. I walked over to where the garge was and saw a man underneath a car.

“Um, can I get some help here!?” I said. I was getting kind of impatient. One, I have hormones so I was naturally aggravated, and two I walked like twelve miles trying to get to this stupid gas station and theres a dude laying under a car listening to music! I was cold, hungry, and very irritated!

“Hold on a sec.” He said calmly. He slid out from underneath and got up. I looked up at him to see this gorgeous, beautiful and attractive guy standing in front of me. It was as if he was moving in slow motion. His hair was like, slightly blowing from the wind outside and he just looked so…perfect! I didn’t even know what to say. The slow motion stopped I guess and he was wiping his hands off on a rag. He pulled his long hair back smiled. I smiled back and then I felt my babies kick. In my mind I’m like ‘C’mon!’ but I just brushed it off. All of a sudden this really pretty girl pops up out of nowhere and leans against the car he was working on. She flips her hair and smiles at me.

“May I help you?” She says. I snap out of it and look back at him.

“Oh, yes, my car kind of broke down about half a mile back. Do you think I could get some gas?” I said. His face drops and he looks down at my stomach. So I’m thinking, oh man, I totally turned him off by having this gigantic bulging of a stomach poking out of my body. I looked down at my belly and smile.

“You walked all the way here and you’re pregnant?” He said. I felt myself flush and I was immediately embarrassed.

“Yah?” I say softly.

“That must be unhealthy. Are you okay? It’s kind of cold out there. Come sit down, it’s a little warmer over here.” I smile at him. He was just being sweet. He was concerned about my babies.

“So, where are you from?” The gorgeous girl asks. She walks over to me while the boy goes back into the shop to get some gas.

“I’m originally from Santa Ana, but I live in Turtle Ridge apartments.” I tell her.

“Oh, we live in that neighborhood! We have a small house that we rent out.” She tells me. I smile because she was being friendly. But I was a little disappointed that this hot guy was dating this really pretty girl.

“I’m Ashley by the way. The guy with the dirty outfit is my brother, Caleb.” I sigh with relief. Thank God! I felt like when I saw this guy, I was over Keith a little bit more. Caleb came back with a gas can.

“I’m Cara, I really appreciate this. I thought I was stranded.” I said. He smiles and puts his arm on my back and ushers me towards his truck. He opens the door for me and helps me in. Ashley gets in to and sits on the passenger seat while I was in between Caleb and Ashley. He smiles at me again and starts the car.

“I wouldn’t want you walking back to your car alone.” He says. He drives towards my car and starts humming. I was really starting to get more attracted to him by the minute.

“So, how do you like Irvine?” She asked.

“It’s alright, I just moved there today.” I said.

“Oh, well welcome to the neighborhood!” She says with a friendly smile.

“You two know each other or something?” He asks. We both laugh and I smile at Ashley.

“I introduced myself you idiot. How could we have known each other?” Ashley said. I smirked and noticed Caleb smiling.

“So, Cara is it? Are you Ashley’s age?” He said. I just shook my head. She clearly looked younger than me. She was shorter and I was already short.

“I don’t think so. I’m 18, but I don’t know how old your sister is.” I said.

“16 going on 17. I’m a junior and I hate it. Too much work!” She says. I can totally agree with that. I laugh and glanced at Caleb. He looked kind of pleased and that made me blush.

“I’m 19. I just had a birthday two weeks ago.” He said. I was happy to hear he was at least around my age.

We finally got to my car and I was a little disappointed. I didn’t want the car ride to end. He got out and helped me get out of the car. While he filled my car with gas he looked SO good.

“So, do you need help getting back to your place?” He asked. I told him no and Ashley said bye. She walked over to the truck and put the radio on.

“Uh, so if you have any problems with your car, you can just call me at this number. I’d answer it any time.” He said. I noticed he was blushing and I giggled. I took the piece of paper and put it in my purse.

“Thanks, is this the phone for the shop?” I ask.

“No, it’s my cell…” He says. I saw him blush again and I smile. I pull out a twenty from my purse and hand it to him. He looks at it and shakes his head.

“No, its fine, it’s on me. No worries okay?” He said. I looked at him shocked. It was more than I would pay anyone for and I just shrugged my shoulders. He smiles at me again and says goodbye. He was such a sweetheart and I really liked him. I probably would like him even more if I knew more about him. I hear his trucks horn beep then and look up to see Ashley’s hand waving out the car window.

“Are you going to kiss her already!?” She yells. I feel myself blush and he rolls his eyes. He waves his hand dismissively at her and shakes his head.

“She can be a little…annoying sometimes, don’t mind her.” He said. I smile and look back over his shoulder to see her rolling her eyes as well. Then I hear the horn beep again.

“Ask her out already! For goodness sake I swore I taught you better!” She yelled. I laughed out loud then and saw that he was waving his arms at her and I tried to hold it back.

“I got to go. If you need anything, you can just call. Okay?” He says as he walked back to the car. I say alright and watch them head back to the station. He just seemed so perfect! I had to find a way to see him again!

____________________________________________________

Hey Guys! Me againnnnnnnnnn!!!! So yes, updating with this whole, authors note thingie....so, Cara and Caleb! Whatchya thinkin!? Pretty adorable right? there so cute together....like just picture him really really HOT but sorry for you Keith fans...dont worry, they'll be together again! Ashley is cool and very sweet. Ava..hmmm you'll see. and next chapter is gunna be so BOMB! I need some ideas though, getting that writters block thingie. now i just need some help because I know you guys dont want the book to end...so comment below and let me know whatchyah think about this chapter and whatcyah have for me to put in the story! thank you and I love you alllll!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao! ^.^

<3~~~~~~<Kamie>~~~~~~<3

XoXoXo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 38 5
SCARLET WRIGHT is a hopeless romantic who's had her heart broken in every relationship she's ever been in. After catching her most recent boyfriend i...
663K 29.7K 52
★ NOW PUBLISHED! ★ What do you get when you add the ultimate meet cute + a bruised head? = A whole can of heartbreak. It all starts in aisle three. L...
Selfless By Dagný

Teen Fiction

1.9K 123 20
Avery Johnson is a mediocre girl, living in a mediocre world. Or so she thinks. She's an only child and her parents are still happily married. Her...
We✔ By Rhea

Teen Fiction

3.5K 493 48
Three best friends An amazing trip That's all it takes for life to be wonderful again. Except there's one question. ....... Three friends. Lily...