AUGUST , riverdale (ii)

By -natalics

warning this book ALSO sucks completed cover by ceiestiaiobrien book 2 in the emilia chronicles Emilia and Sw... More

Before You Read
CAST
1: Labor Day
1.2: Labor Day
2: Fortune & Mens Eyes
2.2 Fortune & Mens Eyes
3: As Above, So Below
3.2: As Above, So Below
4: The Midnight Club
4.2: The Midnight Club
5: The Great Escape
5.2: The Great Escape
6: Manhunter
6.2: Manhunter
7.2: The Man In Black
8: Outbreak
8.2 Outbreak
9: No Exit
9.2: No Exit
10: The Stranger
10.2: The Stranger
11: The Red Dahlia
11.2: The Red Dhalia
12: Bizzarodale
12.2: Bizzarodale
updated cast;
13: Requiem for a Welterweight
13.2: Requiem for a Welterweight
14: Fire Walk With Me
14.2: Fire Walk With Me
15: American Dreams
16: BIG FUN
16.2: BIG FUN
17: The Raid
17.2: The Raid
18: Jawbreaker
18.2: Jawbreaker
19: Fear The Reaper
19.2: Fear The Reaper
20: Prom Night
20.1: Prom Night
21: The Dark Secret of Harvest House
21.1: The Dark Secret of Harvest House
22: Survive The Night
22.1: Survive The Night
22.2: Survive The Night
Thank You

7: The Man In Black

1.7K 66 20
By -natalics

note: this one might be a little short, and i'm sorry !

After a few miles, we abandoned the car and went on by foot, Victoria in a stroller in her onesie and a coat. We had been going on like this for days.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea." I sigh, looking at my sleeping daughter. "It's getting too cold for Tori to be out here. She's gonna get sick and-

Archie rubs my back soothingly. "Emmy, we will find a place to stay soon just don't freak out yet, please." He coos. I pull my lip between my teeth, nodding. Jughead hangs up at the phone booth, sighing. "Still no answer?" Arch asks.

I sigh, "Juggie, maybe to and T should go back. Something might be wrong at home." I say to him.

"Yeah, Jug. I'm fine. Emmy is here to help me too." Archie rubs his hands over his jeans, looking up at a skeptical Jug. "Really, dude, I'm gonna be fine."

"Archie, no offense, but Betty took down a serial killer last year. You can't go for five minutes without being kidnapped or getting the crap kicked out of you. That was before you were marked for death by Hiram Lodge." Jughead says. I snort a laugh, standing up and jogging to the phone booth.

The phone rings three times before someone answers. "Hello?"

"Sweet Pea." I breathe. My heart slowly begins to race. Maybe I should tell him. Who knows when he will see her next. Maybe he deserves to know. He definitely deserves to know.

"Emmy." His voice wavers as he sighs in relief. "Where are you? I've been calling ever since you disappeared. Everyone's worried sick about you." He tells me.

The feeling of heartbreak happens all over again. I put my hand against the glass, looking about my surroundings. "Sweet Pea, there's something you need to know." I whisper, a hot tear streams down my face as I look out the window, Archie and Jughead playing with a happy, groggy Tori. "Our daughter. She's um..."

"Emmy," He sighs. "Please don't bring up bad times-"

"No, Pea, you don't understand she's not dead, Sweet Pea." I rush out before I can stop myself. The two boys must've heard me cause they look back at the booth in surprise.

The Serpent stays silent for a few moments. "Wha...what?" He stutters out.

"I'm so sorry, Sweet Pea. I wanted to tell you but after the accident and how fragile she was and who her parents and family were she would be an instant target. I gave her to Mel and Sam to take care of for the first few months and I couldn't tell you." I sob. "I've been trying to keep her safe but Penny and the Ghoulies know, Hiram knows. Hell Im sure the Gargoyle King knows." I laugh under my breath. "Sweet Pea, I wanted to tell you but you started playing that stupid game!" I hit my hand on the booth, causing Tori to fuss.

Sweet Peas breath is ragged on the other line. "Where are you?" He mutters. "I'm coming to get both of you right now."

I shake my head, tears just pouring out. "I can't tell you that, Sweet Pea. I need to get her out of Riverdale." I cry. "I promise, Pea. As soon as she's safe I'll call you."

"No, Emmy!" He shouts, causing me to jump out of my skin. "You have taken my little girl from me! I've been miserable without the only two people I have ever cared about! And now you're telling my my baby is alive!? She needs her dad, Emilia!"

"She has a dad! She had Sam! And, and Archie agreed to be her godfather! She has everything, Pea! More than what you could've gave her while you were playing that god damn game!" I cry out. My heart rips in half as I say this. I wasn't wrong, though. Pea could have never taken care of her.

Sweet Pea must've hit something as I hear a crash from his side. "Emmy, I swear to god. I will find out where the hell you are. We can't talk about this on a fucking phone call."

"I'll talk to you soon, Pea." I whisper. He attempts to object, but I already hang up. Wiping the tears off my face, I step out of the booth. "You guys ready?" I say.

Archie sighs. "Let's go."

And then we walk.

"You know," Archie begins. "It would be nice to stop looking over my shoulder all the time, just find somewhere to settle, you know?"

Jughead looks up at him. "We will. When we find the right place we'll know. We're gonna fee it." He says.

We look up to see a farm. A large one at that. Archie hits Jughead's arm. "Or maybe we're already there." I smile, pushing the stroller a little faster.

However, Jughead scoffs. "Nice try. Let's get a couple more miles in before nightfall." He says.

"Jug, come on." I say.

"We gotta hunk somewhere." Archie says. "Tori is gonna freeze to death if we don't." He says. Jughead sighs, agreeing. So the three of us make our way to the farm, entering the driveway. I absorbed the scenery when I hear a click.

A little girls voice fill my ears. "You're trespassing. Now, let's see you do a little turn, nice and slow." The two boys turn around, and I pull Victoria out, who's slightly fussy. The girl is no older than 12, another girl only maybe a few years older than us walking over too.

"Who are you?" She asks.

"I'm Cal, this is Biff and Freya. From Centerville." Jughead says. I furrow my brow, looking at him in confusion.

The girl walks closer. "I don't like liars. Shoot em, Gracie."

I scoff. "Gunshots don't hurt. You're all just a bunch of-"

"Wait! Wait." Archie cuts. "We got robbed on a train. They took all our money. We've been walking for days. Just.." He looks back at me and Tori. "We're looking for some food and some water, maybe an extra blanket, and we'll be on our way." He says.

The girl nods at the younger sister. "Put the rifle down." After some bickering, that's exactly what the Gracie girl does. "What's with the baby?" She asks.

"It's ours." Archie says. My eyes grow big as he looks at me. "But we aren't-"

"We aren't together or anything." I say awkwardly."

The older girl smirks. "I'm Laurie Lake. This is Gracie." She says. "You guys like stew?" She looks back at me. "I'll bring out a few blankets, maybe some home made baby food." She says.

That night, we ate stew. Tori slept in her stroller while we ate, having small talk. "Can I quickly use a phone or something?" I ask.

"There's one in the living room, just stay in window view." Gracie tells me bluntly. I nod, picking up Tori and walking inside, calling another number.

"Hiram Lodge." The man answers.

I sigh. "Hiram, it's me, Emmy."

He hums in response. "Well, why call at such short notice?"

I look out, watching the people bicker. "I need money. I'm out right now and you're the only person with enough. Tori is running low on supplies and I really need to-"

"Emilia, please, don't worry." Hiram says. "I'll take care of it." He says.

I smile in relief. "Thank you, Mr. Lodge."

_____ third person POV_____

"No worry, Mi Sirena." The Man in Black says as he hangs up. He seems to only stare at his phone for a moment before opening a desk drawer with a key. He pulls out a folder, the color of a light blue, sticking out compared to his other ones. He slowly opens it, finding a picture of 17 year old Hiram Lodge and 16 year old Kinberly Smith. They're standing together, suit and tie and a beautiful silver dress. Homecoming freshman year, before Hermione.

The second photo is of them at school, out in the football field, he's kissing her lips softly. His hands around her waist as her short jean skirt rises a slight bit. her yellow sleeves of her sweater wrapped around him tightly.

If only they had stayed together long enough.

Alice Smith wasn't the only young mom in Riverdale all those years ago.

Turned out, Kimmy had been pregnant too with long term boyfriend, Hiram Lodges, baby. She was 20 when she crashed the car, 5 months pregnant. He was still with Hermione, unable to break such a commitment off. She was perfect for the Lodge name. He once believed Kimberly wasn't.

Hiram thinks of Emilia Blossom. A girl who was nothing at all but all the same as Kimberly Smith. The same spark of energy. Same smile. Same influence. Emmy was like his daughter in his eyes, wanting to almost fix the mistake he had made with Kimmy. Emilia's intentions were not his point. His point was to help her, no matter who's side she's on.

She was a Lodge, whether she knew it or not.

Sweet Pea paces the ground of Thistle House, Fangs trying to calm him down. "Pea, you have to understand what she's going through." He says.

"I can't, Fangs!" He screams. "She told me my child was dead and now she's off god know where with her because she's scared! She's a target!" Tears stream down Sweet Peas face. A moment not even Fangs sees often. "I love her, Fangs. She is my everything. They both are."

Fangs pats his friends shoulder. "Then let's go find them."

________________________

bro i had the whole hiram idea for a while but i didn't know how to do it but someone commented a theory they had which explained my idea perfectly so hehehehe thanks person

also sweet pea found out and uh we see some pretty intense moments, so tell me what you want to see next or any theories you might have!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.1K 51
Rosalie Wilde finally felt happy. Her Best Friend returned to Riverdale, she had amazing friends and a wonderful boyfriend. After the death of her pa...
139K 2K 30
Ivy Jones was the daughter of a well known and well-respected member of the Serpents, George Jones. She was breathtakingly beautiful and dangerously...
339K 8.2K 26
maybe soul mates just do not exist... riverdale / seasons two - three sweet pea celestialpetsch 2019 ...
382K 7.6K 41
In which the queen of the Serpents becomes just a bit more Deadly. Sequel to Family Season 3