Crystal Clear

By kamie112

This is the first book in the 'Handle With Care' Series. You are fortunate to embark on the lives of three ve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 4

1.8K 29 5
By kamie112

Chapter 4

Cara

I woke up the next morning exhausted. We talked most of the night about the party. Ava really likes Alex and now they're together. She thinks it's going a little too fast but already gave him the rules. Ava's a virgin and we made a promise to God that we wouldn't have sex until we get married. We go to the same church and have the same beliefs. It's funny because Rebbecca is the complete opposite. She lost her virginity when she was 15. I look up at the clock on her nightstand and sigh. It's Sunday and we slept in late and missed church. Now, I'm not a Jesus freak, and I don't exactly like going to church every Sunday, but I believe He exists. I got up and went downstairs and saw that Mrs. Divine and Timmy had already left. Mr. Divine died in a car accident 2 years ago so he's not around anymore.

So she had left waffles and sausages and eggs already set on the table for us so I heated up my plate and started eating. I hear yawning coming down the hall and see Ava and Beca slowly behind rubbing their eyes and scratching their heads.

"Good morning sunshine, good morning princess." I say and I smile. Ava sits down at the table and puts her head down.

"I'm tired!" She mumbles. Becca walks over to the couch and sprawls herself all over it.

"Shut up Cara. Who the hell gets up this early and makes all that noise just to leave the damn room!?" I laugh and she turns on the TV.

"Where's your mama dukes?" Becca says.

"Probably at church." Says Ava. I nod and ask them if they want to eat. They say yes and I go to heat up their food. After we finish eat, we get up and take our showers and get dressed.

All day, all we did was watch TV and do nails. And when Mrs. Divine came home, we ate dinner and played Monopoly together. Soon it's 7 o'clock and I get a text from Keith.

"Guys, Keith's going to pick me up at 8." They come over to me and tell me I look a mess. I laugh and we get our things and head to my place.

When we got there, Chris was in a bad mood. I guess him and my mom got into an argument but he wouldn't talk to us about it. My house was a god size. We had 4 bedrooms and a big backyard, 3 bathrooms and of course the obvious, a kitchen and a family room. My brother's in the family room watching a football game with my dad, constantly screaming at the TV. My little sister, Leah, was in our room playing with Ramona, Rebbecca's little sister, and my my big sister Jenna is with my mom in the yard talking about God know's what. We go upstairs into my bedroom and Ava closed the door behind her and sighs.

"It's so hot Cara. I kinda dislike the spring. It's just so iffy. It could be hot. chilly. raining, or just icky!" I turn on the A.C and lay on my bed. Leah looks up from playing with Ramona and pouts.

"We took off the A.C because it was cold!" She whines.

"Put a sweater on!" I say.

"But I left my sweater at home!" Ramona whines. Becca gets off the bed an puts her hands on her hips.

"Then go home!" Becca says coldly. Becca can't stand Mona. That's her nickname. Mona isn't a bad kid, she's just really spoiled.

"Don't listen to her Mona, you can stay here as LONG as you want." Leah says with a devilish smile on her face. Now Leah!? She's a pretty bad kid. My mom and Dad don't see it, but she's SO devious. One time in middle school when Becca slept over, she put glue in her hair. All because Becca told her that she whines too much. Which was true! I roll my eyes and ignore her.

"Guys, we have 45 minutes." I whine. Becca puts the flat iron on and walks over to my closet.

"Wear this dress." She pulls out a light pink knee length pencil dress with sequins on the straps and a huge hot pink bow on the back.

"No. I never even wore that. It was a gift from my grandma." Ava shook her head and Rebecka kept looking.

"Where are you going?" Leah asks. I sigh and spin around to face her. She was standing now, with both hands on her hips, just like mom.

"Nun-yah..." I say. I turn back to the closet and look around with Becca.

"Can we help?" Mona says. We all look at her and moan.

"Maybe you can help with the earings?" Ava says to her.

"No!" Becca says, glaring at her.

"Fine...i guess not." She relpies.

We finally decided on a red cocktail dress and black pumps. I put my jewelery on while Ava straightened my hair. Becca came out from the bottom of my closet with a small black clutch and handed it to me. She started doing my make-up and we were almost done. Then Jenna comes into my room with her hands on her hips. Her and I don't exactly get along. She's 19 and she acts like she's 5.

"Where are you going?" She leaned in the doorway with an attitude painted on her face.

"Nun-ya." I say.

"Well...you look kinda...trashy. Just wondering who you're going to seduce to get what you want." She says smirking.

"Why? So you can learn them and use them to make a little extra money on the side?" Beca says. We all laugh and Jenna frowns.

"I'm telling mom." She walks away. I yell, "Go ahead, she already knows you idiot!"

"I swear, she's so immature." Ava mumbles.

We were finally finished when I heard the door bell ring. Leah and Ramona run downtairs so they could see him first. We all walked downstairs to see my dad and Keith shaking hands. Keith looked up at me and smiled. He excused himself from my dad and walked over to me and kissed my hand.

"You look amazing Cara." I smiled and said thank you. I said goodbye to everyone and told my dad I'll be back by curfew, 12. We both walked to his car and he opened my door. I got in and he put the radio on. We talked about school and our friends and different types of music on the way there.

We pull up to a gorgeous fine dinning restaurant with red rope and a man at the podium. He tells the man dinner for two and he ushers us towards our table. Keith pulls out my chair for me and sits down. We order dinner and by the time it arrives I'm starving. When we finished and ordered our desert, we talk about everything, each other, our families, our friends, school, our future, everything. It was a beautiful night and we had a wonderful time. I havn't smiled this much since...ever!

After dinner he took me to the park and we looked at the stars and he told me all the constellations. He did tell me he loved astronomy and he knew so much about it. I felt my phone buzz and realized I got a text. I didn't answer it out of respect. We walked back to his car holding hands. He once again opened the door for me and he drove me home. While in the car, I get a text message from my ex-boyfriend Anthony. I broke up with him a month ago because of the long distance relationship that wasn't working. He was such a great guy and I really liked him. He loved me but he was way too far in Washington. I tell him that I'd call him later and focus on the rest of my date. We arrive at my house and he walks me to my door. He smiles at me and takes both of my hands.

"I had a wonderful time Cara."

"Me too. Thank you for all of this."He smiles and takes my face in his hands.

"You're so beautiful." And he kisses me. Softly, lightly and warm. It was beautiful. It was love. It was perfect. I put my hands on his chest and felt his heartbeat. We stayed like this for a moment and then he broke away. I could have kissed him forever.

"Can I bring you to school tomorrow?" He moves the hair from my face and smiles at me again.

"Yes." I barely speak. My voice is so weak and my body so light.

"I'll be here at 7:15. Is that okay?"

"That's fine." I smile and put my arms around his neck and kiss him again. He puts his arms around my waist and kisses me back intimately. He pulls away and takes my hand.

"I should go Cara. Its 11:59." He pecked my lips lightly and said goodnight. He walked backwards towards his car so that he was facing me and I wave to him and go inside.

When I get there I see Chris sitting on the arm chair and my dad and Jenna on the sofa.

"Here on time." Says Chris.

"Check." Jenna says. "Hair looks the same as when you left."

"Check." Chris says. He walks over to me and folds his arms.

"Dad. Cara's lipstick is gone." Jenna shakes her head and leaves the room.

"It was a kiss!" I say. My dad pushes him out of the way, hugs me and smiles.

"You have fun tonight kiddo?"

"Yeah, it was amazing, thanks Dad." Chris rolled his eyes and left the room texting Keith. My dad said he was off to bed and kissed me goodnight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 38 5
SCARLET WRIGHT is a hopeless romantic who's had her heart broken in every relationship she's ever been in. After catching her most recent boyfriend i...
663K 29.7K 52
★ NOW PUBLISHED! ★ What do you get when you add the ultimate meet cute + a bruised head? = A whole can of heartbreak. It all starts in aisle three. L...
9K 266 68
"Our eyes meet and I forget how to breathe. Worlds change when eyes meet. It's in the eyes. Always the eyes. Eye contact is a dangerous, dangerous th...
72.2K 2.4K 29
Sixteen year old Nova is ready to see what life has to offer. Her family isn't ready to let her go yet. Secrets beyond what Nova could imagine will b...