AUGUST , riverdale (ii)

By -natalics

warning this book ALSO sucks completed cover by ceiestiaiobrien book 2 in the emilia chronicles Emilia and Sw... More

Before You Read
CAST
1: Labor Day
1.2: Labor Day
2: Fortune & Mens Eyes
2.2 Fortune & Mens Eyes
3: As Above, So Below
3.2: As Above, So Below
4: The Midnight Club
4.2: The Midnight Club
5: The Great Escape
6: Manhunter
6.2: Manhunter
7: The Man In Black
7.2: The Man In Black
8: Outbreak
8.2 Outbreak
9: No Exit
9.2: No Exit
10: The Stranger
10.2: The Stranger
11: The Red Dahlia
11.2: The Red Dhalia
12: Bizzarodale
12.2: Bizzarodale
updated cast;
13: Requiem for a Welterweight
13.2: Requiem for a Welterweight
14: Fire Walk With Me
14.2: Fire Walk With Me
15: American Dreams
16: BIG FUN
16.2: BIG FUN
17: The Raid
17.2: The Raid
18: Jawbreaker
18.2: Jawbreaker
19: Fear The Reaper
19.2: Fear The Reaper
20: Prom Night
20.1: Prom Night
21: The Dark Secret of Harvest House
21.1: The Dark Secret of Harvest House
22: Survive The Night
22.1: Survive The Night
22.2: Survive The Night
Thank You

5.2: The Great Escape

1.9K 79 24
By -natalics

We met up after school and discussed the plan that would go down right now. You see, I had the job of simply getting in, along with Reggie and Veronica. Betty is at the pickup, where Archie will be getting out. My bike along with Jugs will be there.

Luckily, Hiram called a few hours ago, asking me to attend again.

We pull up in the limo, a gaits escorting me out of the car. "Thank you." I hum. I loop my arm in Hiram's, Victoria on my hip as my nude heels click against the pavement. I smile at the guards as we head inside.

"I'm worried Victoria will cry over the loud shouts." Hiram says in my ear as we walk inside.

I look up at him. "I don't think you should worry too much, Warden said he'd have headphones this week." I smile. Hiram chuckles as he grabs himself a glass of champagne.

"You know, Emilia, you remind me much of Veronica, before she had learned the family business." He chuckles.

My brows knit together. "What do you mean, Mr. Lodge?" I question, grabbing myself a glass.

"You're stubborn to get what you want. A good business woman." He smiles. "Maybe, if Veronica ever keeps Archie out and sees my view? you could become a Lodge."

I choke on my glass of champagne myself. "You want me to marry your daughter?"

He shakes his head. "No, no, no. You see, Veronica no longer works with me. You could."  He looks down. "Ah, it's starting." Archie limps out, he was hurt.

The fight then began. Josie walks past me, handing me Victoria's noise canceling headphones. I slide them on her head, winking at the 'waitress'. She didn't notice Mr. Lodge. "Excuse me." I whisper. I speed to follow Josie, finding a blond Ronnie and then Reggie. "Are we going or what?" I hiss.

Veronica grabs a can. "Get in position. Wait for my signal." I nod, grabbing a can and walking back to Hiram.

"Archie seems to be struggling, don't you think?" Hiram asks, lacking emotion. He watches closely as I look over, Veronica walking right towards us. Before I can distract him, he witness her as well. "What the hell." He growls. He storms towards her as she tries to walk away and I bite my lip, chasing after him. "Veronica, what do you think you're doing here?"

She thinks for a moment. "I could ask you the same, Daddy. It's a little creepy bringing a 16 year old and her daughter to a fight-club." She mumbles. "So I bet my answers better than yours."

"Whatever scheme you've cooked up, it ends right now." Reggie passes me, and I hand over Tori swiftly.

Who gave him a baby carrier?

Veronica sighs. "Sorry, Daddykins, but this is going to hurt you a lot more than it will me."  She whips out her heel, stopping on Hiram's foot. She grabs my hand, pulling me with her. "You didn't tell me you came with my dad."

"What was I supposed to do?" I hiss. We walk across from Josie and Reggie, Veronica giving them the signal. Suddenly, they all start opening the home made smoke bombs as I hop into the empty pool.

"Mad Dog, Let's go!" Archie shouts as I run up to him. I grab onto him.

The dark skinned man (i'm not trying to be racist it's called describing), says, "I won't get through that grate. I tried. But you go. I'll hold off the guards."

I pull on Archie. "Let's go, Arch!" I shout, pulling him with me. I nod a thanks at the apparent Mad Dog, Archie hopping down into the sewer grate, me following behind. Guards come towards me, and I pull up my dress, revealing a garder on my thigh, holding a few throwing knives. I whip two at the guards, Mad Dog holding them off as I slip through into the sewers. 

"Archie!" I screech. "Are you okay!?"

"They shived me, Em." He mumbles. Suddenly, we reach our exit, Betty waiting for us.

"Archie." Betty says as she whips it open. Archie pants as Betty pulls him out, me following closely behind. Betty hands me my bag of clothes.

I slip out of my clothes into blue jeans and a black tube top. "What took you so long?" Archie pants to Betty as I slip on some heeled boots.

Betty laughs. "I could ask you the same thing."

"Are these clothes for me?" He asks as Betty reveals his wound.

I toss on my serpent jacket, something I haven't worn in a while. "We gotta get going." I mutter. Kevin jogs over, panting.

"Let's go." Betty says. Me and Kevin get Archie on my bike, Kevin and Betty on Jugs. "I'll see you guys soon?"

I nod, putting a helmet on Archie's head. I toss on my red one, starting the engine and heading a different direction. Betty and Kevin will distract the guards and the Warden while I get Archie to Veronica, Josie, and Reggie.

I get him to Veronica, where she then takes him to Reggie, who helps him into his car. "I'll meet you guys at the Bunker." I whisper. They nod and I hop on my bike.

We make it and I jump off my bike before it even completely stops. I run over, Reggie and Veronica pulling Reggie out. "Ronnie, Josie, the door." I say. The two of them pry open the bunker door slowly, "Come on Arch, try to climb down."

However, he simply falls in.

I hop down behind him, landing a lot my graciously. I look up to see the G&G players. "Well, glad you could make it to the party." I say. Archie slowly sits up and I hold him in my arms. Jughead gasps in disbelief, rushing towards us. He hug his friends tightly as the others wonder closer.

"There, you are all patched up." Toni says. We just finished cleaning and bandaging Archie. "Now don't make and sudden movements."

"I won't. Thanks, Toni." Archie mumbles. I smile, feeling an arm wrap around me. I look up to see Sweet Pea, his eyes sad.

"What are you doing, Sweet Pea?" I mutter.

He looks at Archie and Veronica. "I should've done that for you." I bite my lip, looking down at my shoes before Archie speaks again.

"Guys where the hell am I?" Archie asks.

Jughead Jones the Third steps forward. "You're in Dilton Doileys bunker."

"The only people who know it exists are in this room." Betty says.

"Right now, its the safest place for you in Riverdale, Bubs. I promise." I continue.

Archie raises his brows. "Dilton Doiley has a bunker?"

We all make eye contact. "We'll catch you up to speed once you're rested, okay?" Suddenly, "Archie." Veronica pulls down the hem of Archie's shorts. A burn mark resembling a runic symbol. "What is that on your hip?"

"Courtesy of Warden Norton, to put me in my place after I tried to escape the first time."

"The Warden branded you and ordered Joaquin to stab you?" Jug asks.

"Everyone in this room is part of a pact. From this moment on, no one knows where this bunker is. No one was involved with that breakout, and no one is aware of Archie's whereabouts. To the grave." Veronica says.

We all then decide to take shifts. Everyone goes home except me, Jughead, and Betty. I lay next to Archie, my head on his chest while I trace his serpent tattoo while he sleeps. "Jughead is going home." Betty says, poking her head out.

"Okay." I hum, hopping off his bed. I smile at Jug. "Bye, JJ." I say, waving. He chuckles, crawling out of the bunker. I sigh, laying back in Archie's bed, my head on his chest. The boy who I have been friends with since I was 3, basically my brother, was out of prison, and now I was able to protect him.

Betty falls asleep soon after, Victoria laying in a crib. "Em." Archie groans. I sit up.

"What is it, Archie?"

He chuckles, "I want to meet Tori." He says. I smile, walking across the room, picking up the sleeping girl, who's wrapped up in Jason's old blanket. Archie scoots over as I hand her over. Her red-brown hair beginning to grow in. "She's beautiful, Em." He whispers. "You have to tell Sweet Pea. This is worse than not telling him you're pregnant."

I sigh, leaning on his shoulder. "I know. I just can't tell him as long as he's playing his stupid games." I whisper.

And we fell asleep.

________________
archie and emmy are my favorite friendship. almost had them kiss but that's ew. archemmy is brotp

also, SP is becoming REALLY LEFT OUT.

also i have some plot twists coming VERY SOON MWAHAHAHAHAH.

ik ik you must all be so excited.

question of the day: why do you think Hiram brought Emmy to the fights?

(yes, i know the correct answer, but i wanna know your theories)

if you have any theories besides what's up with hiram comment below! maybe who the gargoyle king, why is malachi so interested in emmy as well (he popped in randomly in another chapter).

THERES A LOT I COULD DO WITH THEORIES OKAY

anywhore see y'all soon i'm tired

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 303 52
Senior year was supposed to be magical, the best time of their lives. But when Jughead transfers to Stonewall Prep and video tapes start appearing on...
380K 7.7K 25
"Remember what we said sweet pea?" "Not to harm Jughead because it'll harm Bughead." ** in which she's the actual sweet-pea. or in which nixie is the...
33.1K 1.1K 24
the last thing he expected after his mum and stepdad were involved in a fatal car accident was to be sent back to Riverdale to live with his alcoholi...
70.3K 2.4K 155
š™³ššŠšš›šš”šš—ššŽššœššœ; lack of light, evil, sadness, or lack of hope. š™±ššŽššŠššžšššš¢; the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives...