Bonded (The Olympus Brotherho...

Av awesomegal15

Freya's new normal is a rollercoaster ride she can't seem to get off of. While battling the physiological af... Mer

Nyx
I Got You
More Rain
Motel
Family Matter
A Child, Two Drunks and a Queen
Brother and Sister
Ta-Damn
The Date
Changed or Love Wipped
One Problem at a Time
Just Me and You
Until I Collapse
Hoffman
Welcome to Olympia
Soldier, Warrior, Hero
An Invitation
Archon
Shaking Hands With the Devil
Descent
Darkness Will Ensnare
Think and Run
Spartan and Theban
Reborn
Gone
Kicked Out
No Regrets
Eyes and Tries
Inspiration, Desperation, Determination
Picasso's
More Great Questions
Message Received
Slay
My Beloved
Blackout
Forever Strong
A Cup and a Lie
Promises
Awake
Chaos
Ophelia was...
Do you?
Aren't You?
Secret
Vice or Virtue
Tag!
When Tomorrow Starts...
Good Luck
Tell No Lies
Three Kings, Two Lovers, One Child
Trapped
Sacrifice, Cocoon and Dread
White Lie
The Right Thing
Fallout
I'm Sorry
Come in
Beloved
Super Shout Out and Thank You

The Academy

2.5K 116 6
Av awesomegal15

Chapter 40

Damon

"That's my condition. Take it or leave it," Freya said crossing her arms in front of her chest. She looked adorable with her high ponytail and furrowed brows. Even though she was a God-Killer and ten times stronger than me, I was too embarrassed to tell Freya why I really didn't want to go to The Academy. They would never let me in, I was brother to a traitor. It didn't matter how good I was, how strong I got, or how hard I trained. The Academy would never open its doors to me. I accepted that and I was fine at Haven.

I just wasn't ready for Freya to know.

I knew she wouldn't care what The Academy thought of me, but I still didn't want that to stain the way she saw me. I didn't talk about Roman for a reason. The only people that needed to know the full extent of what he did to The Brotherhood when he left for The Order.

She sat down at the kitchen table determined to get her way. After the night I had, I'd give her anything to have some kind of release. I liked the fact we were sleeping together. Just sleeping to my dick's depression. I wanted her. Gods the things I wanted to do to her. I wanted to kiss every inch of her skin and run my tongue from her neck all the way down to her pussy. I wanted to lap up her sweet juices as she came. I didn't just want to make love to Freya, I wanted to fuck her good and right, until only we existed.

But we were still too early in our relationship for that, so I would have to stick to jerking off to the thought of her before I actually got to cum deep inside her. It's not like she doesn't inspire me. Even now in her tan oversized ribbed knit sweater dress and flats, I was more focused on how easy it would be to lift that dress up and take her against the wall.

I shut off my lustful thoughts and focused on the pancakes, coffee, eggs, and bacon in front of me. I don't know when she went out, but she brought me back breakfast which I was grateful for. "Do you want mine?" Freya ask slightly leaning forward over her food.

"No, thank you," I would never take food from her mouth. She needed to eat more than I did.

"I can go get more," she said getting ready to stand up. I placed my hand on top of hers making her relax back down in her chair.

"I'm fine, really." I kind of like that she wanted to fuss over me; I don't remember the last time someone did. I drank my orange juice in bliss. If mornings were more like this, I would welcome them more often.

"So, you haven't given me an answer," she said getting flustered.

"You can't extend your invitation to me, that's not how it works." I didn't understand why she was so apprehensive to go to the academy, it's not like they would make her stay on campus. She could come and go as much as she wanted to, and I truly believe they would be able to help Freya just like they did with so many other demigods. But she didn't want to go.

"Aren't you technically still my bodyguard? So, invitation or not you have to come," she said with bright wild eyes.

She did have a point there. Technically Ares never released me from my duties, so in a way I was still supposed to keep an eye on Freya. But that was before all this God killer titles came into play.

"If the Academy wanted me, they would have invited me. I'm good at Haven. At least go and look?" She exhaled hard. "Just look at it. No commitment, just look," I encouraged.

"Fine, but I have to be back by tonight. I don't want Roman thinking I flipped," she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Freya, you'll never win with Roman. He'll take and take until you have nothing else to give. That's just who Roman is."

"He's at least talking. Maybe that will soften him," she said hopefully. She didn't know Roman, he wouldn't.

Slipping on her coffee she asked, "So how do I get to this place? It's not like I can fly there and take an Uber. And since I've never been there it's not like I can just teleport to the front door."

"Your invitation is how you get there," I said pointing to the letter on the kitchen island.

Freya stood up and retrieved the letter holding it in between her fingers she asked, "What next?"

Finished with my food, I scooted my chair closer to her, "Prick your finger for a drop of blood," she flinched not liking that idea. "Is the big, bad, God-Killer, afraid of needles?"

"No, I just don't like pain," she stated with a pouty expression.

"You've taken a beating from Zeus and Poseidon. This is nothing. Call out to your dagger and do it."

"How? The first time I did it was by accident," she said.

"It's not hard, I didn't design it that way. All you have to do is say 'come', and it will be drawn to your hand," I explained.

"Is there anything else I should know about this dagger? It can magically just come back to me, but is there anything else?"

"In the ruby hilt, part of my fire Essence is in there, not that you would ever need it. But just to be safe, if you ever need an extra boost in the fire element department, shatter the hilt and you'll get a boost in energy. Also, if you're ever lost and need to find me, you only need to whisper my name onto the blade, and it will guide you to me. That's just about it," I said with pride. I custom made this blade for Freya. Even though at the time one of Poseidon's minions was using it, it was always intended for her.

Holding out her hand with a flinch and her palm facing up, Freya said, "I could really use my dagger now?"

The dagger delicately appeared floating down to her hand like a feather. Wrapping her hand around the dagger Freya looked surprised, "I thought it was going to come flying in here and cut my hand off."

"It can't be used against you unless you want too," I stated.

"At this rate, this blade should come with some kind of manual," she pricked her pointer finger and watched the small pool of blood start to swell on her finger. "What's next?"

"Simple. Place your finger at the bottom of the page and watch the magic begin," she did and instantly the blood began to take shape. Slowly it drags itself across the paper into the shape of her birthmark.

Once the symbol was complete, it glowed a bright orange exploding off the page. Freya had placed her finger in her mouth, likely sucking on it to stop the bleeding. I wouldn't mind putting something else in her mouth. I shook that thought off.

"Place your palm in the center of the symbol and you'll be at The Academy in the blink of an eye. Someone is bound to be waiting for you to escort you inside the building."

With a Cheshire cat smile, Freya tightly grabbed my wrist and said, "I guess we're off." She slammed her hand down on the table.

She disappeared in a glow of yellow and orange leaving her dagger behind.

Freya

I blinked my eyes in shock, and I was falling. My perception of time distorted. Everything slowed down until there was nothing, only me and the dark sky above that seemed to swallow me whole. My hand reached out, kissing the sky, grasping the endless crevasse of blue. Everything was a blur that swirled in and out of existence. Suspended in the air, I closed my eyes and surrendered to the infinite sky above only to land hard on my back. I coughed out in pain as I took in my surroundings.

I was on a grey stone bridge and in front of me was a wooden door that climbed up to the sky. I stood up confused surrounded by thick fog and the smell of mint in the air. I could hear a waterfall in the not too far distance pounding down into the earth below me. In the movies, castles were no more impressive than any other stage set, in fact, less so for the lack of novel gadgets. But to see a castle in real life gave me some perspective to the vast amounts of time that had to passed since its creation. Stones that showed no weathering has vertical valleys, rivulets for the seasonal rains. This castle wasn't as static as I thought them to be, this was less 'building' and more 'sculpture of nature'. Each imperfection was shaped by insignificant drops, none of them a match for the stone, but together sufficient to carve a joint legacy of organic art.

"Damon?!" I called out. Damon?

I don't know what happened to our link, but I couldn't hear him anymore. I grabbed his wrist, why didn't he come with me? Didn't he say there would be someone to greet me when I got here? No sooner did I think that, the wooden door began to open with a creek. The silhouette of a man started to approach me at a slow walk.

"Hello?" I shouted with a sense of dread in my veins. I stood still, refusing to turn and run. I knew where I was, and these people weren't going to hurt me, I hoped. The figure in front of me raised his hands up. Immediately, I heard a rushing thunderous roar from beneath me. Maybe not so friendly after all. Water rose up from beneath the bridge on both sides, and I saw a dark shadow move in the water. It had to be the size of a whale if not bigger. The creature had seemed to choose its shape after it had assessed me. Upon further inspection, I saw what had seemed to be huge clusters of jelly-like eggs at first began to vibrate and emit noise, not unlike a whale song. In a matter of seconds, they turned a metallic green color and vibrated the climbing water. After a few seconds more, they emitted sparks of red and yellow that landed at my feet, pushing me away from the gate. In the blink of an eye, they flew together and made one mighty monster. The whale noise stopped, and the wind picked up at hurricane level speeds. Water came crashing down on me like bullets shooting down on me.

"Stand your ground. Demigod's do not run form sea creatures," a familiar voice said bored at the scene playing out in front of me.

I whip my head around to see, "Gareth! They're going to kill us!" He wore his standard black suit and held his cane beneath both hands.

"It's merely doing its job. Protecting The Academy," Gareth said banging his cane on the stone ground and instantly we were taken to an exquisite dining room. The walls were covered with a shimmering gold paper, and in the middle of the ceiling above the carved oak table was a candelabra. Down the center of the table was a runner with a Celtic design woven in gold and green into the fabric itself. The table could easily fit fifty people with two tall, silver candelabras that commanded attention from the center of the table, holding smooth white candles whose wax never dripped but were perfectly lit with blue flames. At the end of the table were floor to ceiling French doors left slightly ajar to let in the aroma of food. The polished silver cutlery was heavy to the hand and shone brightly in the early evening light. At each place stood a tall empty wine glass and there were beautifully folded napkins to match the runner. All that was missing was the food and the guests.

The walls are covered in portraits that could easily go back to the French Revolution, and the floor was covered in a thick lush red carpet. I was so lost in the room's beauty I didn't realize my mouth was open as I stared up at the grand crystal chandelier just above my head. "You've been missing training," Gareth said pulling out a seat for me to sit in near the head of the table.

I sat down like a naughty child, "I've been stuck in ancient Sparta learning about a past life. Not because I wanted to, but because... well I don't know."

"Why Sparta? Beyond the connection to Ares, it has nothing to do with you," he said taking a seat next to me as I gave him the whole story, I gave Damon plus Aphrodite's warning.

Gareth took in everything I said processing it like a computer running as hard as it could, "If you are seeing her life, it's for a reason. But I wouldn't necessarily just blow off what Aphrodite's has to say. I would proceed with caution. When you have these visions, you only see your viewpoint and if the Gods are involved, I guarantee you there's a thousand different viewpoints. And no one likes to be reminded of past failings."

Failings? I never said anything about failing and neither did Aphrodite. Before I could ask him what he meant, the French double doors opened. Two rows of men started to fill up the other side of the room lining up in front of me in a military fashion. They all wore black and enough leather to put a company out of business from their jackets to their boots. They looked ready for a fight. At the same time, all twelve of them put their hand over their heart like Damon did every time he saw Ares and with a slight bow in unison they yelled, "Welcome, Child of War."

I looked over to Gareth who looked unimpressed and unentertained leaning back in his chair with a critical expression.

A blonde man no older than twenty-five, stepped forward with his hands behind his back. He was handsome with a structured face that had to be carved from marble. He had bright green eyes, a buzz cut, and spoke in an authoritative tone, "We are so pleased you've decided to join us. Here at the Royal Sanctum Academy, all of your needs will be met. It is both an honor and a privilege to live to see this day."

"You selling something or are you just going to kiss her ass all day?" Gareth said pulling a cigar out of his pocket and lighting it with a snap of his fingers.

So, he could use fire.

The man in front of us chuckled clearly not expecting Gareth to speak up. He brushed off his comment and looked directly to me, "We're not here to sell you anything but to offer our assistance in any way. The Academy recognizes the threat and what is that risk. None of us want to face an end of the world situation. That's why-"

"You just now decided to do something about it. It's nothing against you, it's the High Council. They knew moments after Freya knew but did nothing. So what's changed?" He said standing up, "You clearly don't value anything about her. Let's be clear, you're only doing this because Hercules has validated everything she said. No great honor or respect has been showed. No, you all want something. And I will not allow my student to be taken advantage of."

I didn't know Gareth cared so much. I sat back and let him do the talking. Maybe there was some bad blood between Gareth and the High Council. "Are you her protector?"

I spoke up, "No he's my teacher. In fact, I wanted to talk to someone who can extend an invitation to my 'protector'."

"There's no need for that. No one has ever broken into The Academy in all of its history. This castle is impenetrable," the man said trying to reassure me.

"But she didn't ask that. She asked to talk to someone a bit higher above your paygrade." Gareth was getting annoyed, and he had seen me trip on a flat surface, faceplant into a tree, and almost drowned myself in training. But this one guy just got under his skin.

"Please," I added. I was asking for a favor. With a smile on my face, I said "His name is Damon Gideon," I saw the man's eyes widen as he recognized the name. In fact, they all seemed know something about him. There was a stiffness in the air with an uncomfortable silence. Between Gareth mood, and me bringing up Damon's name, there was definitely discomfort in the air. "What?" I asked. No one wanted to answer, "Well don't all rush," I said standing with my arms crossed in front of me. What did he kill a guy? Fuck your girlfriend's? Okay on that last part I would be upset. But really, what happened?

Did it have something to do with Roman leaving The Brotherhood?

A chair was dragged out by old fragile-looking man. I recognized him from the Awakening ceremony, he gave that speech about the Amazons. He took his sweet time sitting down. I didn't really get a good look at him at the ceremony, but now I can see he was easily a hundred years old. The old man had a fringe of grey-white hair around his balding, mottled scalp. He had a wizened face and a back slightly hunched, with each movement there was the creak of old bones. He had the resigned look of one who knows that at his age life has stopped giving and only takes away. His eyes were milky black that seemed to have seen more than just a lifetime. With a cough and a gag, he sat down. Phone man held up his hand and with gravel in his voice said, "You are all dismissed."

I could tell the blond man was not happy with this, but he respected the old man's wishes. With a bow he and his group disappeared out the door, shutting it firmly behind them. "We weren't expecting you so soon. And with a professor," he said wetting his lips.

"To be honest I wasn't going to come, but someone talked me into it," I said sitting back down. Gareth remained standing, taking in the old man.

"Your beloved. The High Council is very aware of your bond," he said with a hit of disappointment.

"Great, so we're a package deal. Also, if you're just handing out invitations to demigods, I'm sure Cecilia would like to see the place," I said with a smile.

"No," he said frankly. Excuse me?

"Why? Cecilia may not be able to control any of the elements but she's still a 'Child of War'. And Damon was chosen by Ares to protect me, he's the best warrior Havens had in a long time. If this place is all about recruiting the best-"

"It's not about recruitment. Is it?" Gareth said with a grim expression.

"Then, what is this about?" I asked.

"Preservation and renewal. We cannot allow you to just run free, we need to think long-term. And that starts here at The Academy, getting a proper education, training with professionals, and ultimately having children, preferably girls." My eyes bulged out of my head, not believing what I had heard.

"And the twelve young men you brought in we're supposed to help with that?" Gareth said blowing out a puff of smoke. "We have been blessed to have not one, but two demigods, and you want to reduce one to a mere baby maker, and the other one has been written off as defective."

"Preservation of your bloodline. We may never see another demigod. You could protect Ares bloodline by having strong healthy children-"

What was I some kind of demigod mill?

"With those you would see fit," Gareth stated rolling his eyes with a harsh laugh.

"I'm not doing that. I have a plan that could stop this threat before it even gets to Earth. I know it's a long shot, but I trust Gaia. And if we work together, The Brotherhood and The Order we could actually-"

"Save your breath, Freya. The High Council has already made up its mind where you stand. They don't want you to fight, they what you to be a glorified baby maker. And you wonder why the Amazons chose death over integration." I thought only this kind of stuff happens at The Order.

"It may be hard to understand right now. But we each have a part to play-"

"No," I said feeling defeated, like I had just taken three steps backwards. "I came here thinking maybe, just maybe, we could work together. That we could focus on the threat coming for all of us. But you're telling me I'm not needed where its important. Only that I need to spread my legs and accept any dick you throw in front of them. No, I won't."

"If you go against the High Council's decision, there will be no place for you in our society." Silence filled the room. There was a tension as I looked to Gareth. His face was tight with his jaws and shoulders reflected in one another.

Everyone was waiting for me to answer. If I said no, would I lose everyone? Leo, Alaric, Cecilia... Damon. I turned back to the old man and said firmly, "No. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, and it may backfire on me later on, but I know my worth. I know what I have to do and it doesn't involve what you want. If there's no place for me with The Brotherhood, I'll find my own."

"You've made a very foolish decision," he said with a snap of his fingers.

"But it was mine to make," Gareth grabbed my wrist pushing me behind him.

"Rastus, don't do this," WHAT? "You won't win. Freya is not Ariadne. We both know what happens when the Gods come to Earth. You were lucky last time-"

"The sins of my past will not dictate the future. I would rather her die in my arms then let The Order take her. This isn't a negotiation." Four armed guards dressed in black rushed into the room flanking Rastus. They had swords drawn ready to draw blood.

"Freya go find Cecilia and find somewhere safe to hide. Once I finish here, I will find you."

I looked in between Gareth and Rastus, "It doesn't seem fair four against one. I can help," I said lighting my fist on fire.

"Help by protecting your sister," he banged his cane on the flood and it extended eight feet tall with knives at each end. Black smoke exploded out of the weapons ends filling the room. It was so thick and dense I couldn't even see Gareth who I knew it was in front of me. As the gas filled out, I could feel my lungs filling up with smoke. I shouted out, "I can't get into Haven!" I panicked choking on smoke.

I heard a cling of metal on metal. Voices shouted out commands, "Go!"

Not believing I was going to leave him, I focused on Cecilia. In the smokey room the air began to swirl and eddy like water, it flowed around me, and I had no choice but to breathe it in. I felt the condensed fog rush into my mouth like something was pouring ink down my throat. I tried to cough and spit it out but only more rushed into my body. Tears stung my face as I clawed at my neck. I felt myself start to levitate off the ground and in the blink of an eye I was soaring up and away from The Academy like a golden bullet through the night sky. The cool fresh air was a relief and seconds later I stood at Havens front gate feeling like I was about to throw up. But I didn't have time for that. Gareth told me to get to Cecilia to safety. If he can fight four guards, I could do this.

I placed both of my hands on the force field keeping me out and pushed with all my might. As soon as my hands were flat on its surface, electricity sparked, burning, daring me to give up. But I pushed. Pain seared through my abdomen better than a branding iron, my mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion. The pain was increasing in waves, small lulls giving false hope of an end. Each peak robbing my ability to speak, as if my blood had become acid, intent on destroying me from the inside out. My arms were covered in ugly scorch marks. I wasn't going to be able to get in.

My hands fell to my side in defeat. How the hell did I get in last time!? I didn't even have to try!

I just... walked in.

I didn't force my way in. I stood up straight and slowly pushed my body forward, working with the force field, not against. I remained calm as half of my body phase through. Until I was confidently standing inside of Haven.

"Yes!" I immediately shouted ready to celebrate my small victory. But now wasn't the time I had to get to Cecilia. It was still morning in Maine so she may just be in her room getting ready for the day. I teleported to her apartment near The Elders mansion, "Cecilia," I shouted in a panic.

"AAAAA!" I spun around on my heels to see Cecilia in her small kitchen wearing a white long-sleeve dress. "Freya, you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"We have to go!" I said rushing over to her.

"Go? Go, where? What's happened?" I felt a sharp sting in my neck, "Who are you?!" The world started to blur as colors and shapes ran together. I could feel my feet wanting to give out, but I fought against the feeling. A rope came down in front of my face and I felt someone pulled back as they started to choke me. I threw my elbow back with no luck try to get the person off me. I saw Cecilia rush towards my unknown attacker only to be backhanded into a wall. I tried to teleport out of his grip only to have electric string my skin. I called up my air element and push it out of me with all my might launching us both into a wall. It wasn't enough to knock him out, but it was enough to make him drop his rope. I fell, crumbled on the floor. But I knew I couldn't stay here I had to get up. We had to get away!

Coughing up a mess, I started to crawl towards Cecilia only to have the person that attacked me before grab my leg and drag me back towards him. He was a big man with a gray ski mask over his face and he was dressed in all black. There was no denying he was muscle on muscle and sent to kill. It didn't matter if I used earth, air, water or fire, this guy was not going down. He had me pinned on my back as he banged my head against the wooden floor. If I blacked out now, there was no guarantee I would ever wake up again. I wasn't stronger than him and there was no way I could outsmart him right now. I pushed, kicked, and spat until I had nothing left to give. Purple dots started to haze is my vision. The man hovering over me and took one hand off my neck only to keep the other firmly in place, throwing his entire weight onto my neck. He reached into his back pocket with ease as I scratched at his face. He pulled out a dagger and plunged it into my stomach. I cried out in agony.

"Don't fight it. You'll only make it worse," the man said hovering over me, twisting the knife deeper in me. My hand fell back as blood poured out of my mouth and I laid in a pool of my own blood. Satisfied with his work the man let go of my neck and stood up with his dagger stained with my blood.

He walked past me into the kitchen and started messing with something. Slowly I tried to get up but quickly realized how futile it was when I had to bite my lip to keep from crying out. Sharp pain laced through my head and colorful spots flashed in front of my eyes, it felt like my whole body had been beaten and every movement caused some muscle or bone to ache. Regardless, I needed to get us out of here... away from him. Wincing in pain, I started to grab the corner of the coffee table and at the cracks in the floors to help me pull myself way.

No luck. But I was able to roll onto my side even though it hurt like a bitch.

Oh God! Give me a break!

I had to get up and I had to get up now. The man was turning on the oven letting gas fill up the small apartment. I needed strength, I needed to get off the floor! And even if I could reach Cecilia, there was no guarantee I would be able to teleport us both somewhere safe.

I have to do something! Anything! I managed to scoot against a wall. At least now I was sitting up, even if I was cradling my stomach for dear life.

Breathing heavy, I made a split-second decision as I pushed my air element out as hard as I could until it blew out the windows. Everything in the apartment was flung towards assailant. It still wasn't enough I let go of my stomach and call down my earth element caving in the roof on top of him. Pushing my back against the wall, I kept my hands outstretched afraid to drop them. I pushed myself up making myself stand even though every movement killed me. Once I was finally on my feet, tears were streaming down my face. I was soaked in my own blood and I was on borrowed time.

I didn't understand, I was a God-killer. Why couldn't I beat this man? Why didn't I hear a battle cry in my head? Something was wrong with me and I may not live to figure out why. I could still smell gas in the air, we had to leave. "Cecilia!" I yelled over my own howling winds. "Cecilia, we have to go!"

Nothing.

I couldn't hold my hands up anymore. I dropped them cradling my stomach as if I was trying to keep my intestines inside of me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the pile of rubble I cave down on my attacker start to move.

Son of a bitch!

The black ink smoke from the castle started to pour out of my mouth with a mind of its own. It pooled at my feet before snaking its way over to Cecilia. Trapping her in a ball, "What?"

I couldn't stand up anymore, I couldn't focus on anything other than the pain I was in. My watery eyes wandered back to the pile of rubble, "Oh shit!"

I saw a hint of spark ignite the whole room in a raging fire. The explosion was so strong it threw me through the wall and down to the third-floor ground level. My head cracked against the concrete floor, blood spewed out of my mouth, as the whole building collapsed on top of me. My world faded to black.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

662K 17.7K 29
17. That's how old I am today. It's about time too. I was getting sick of being 16. I hear a low rumble being emitted from my chest. I run towards th...
735 62 27
She's gone. She's gone. How can she just be gone? She could be hurt or dead, who knows. Fox's vision blurred and her knees felt weak. Fear. Deep...
28.5K 759 18
Aldeline King, She is a primordial. Her mother is the primordial, Gaia and her father is the primordial, Erebus. She is more powerful than he could e...
24.4K 802 49
(Unedited) " It has taken everything in me these past few months to stay away from her. My obsession with her is insufferable, even for me. ...