Crystal Clear

By kamie112

This is the first book in the 'Handle With Care' Series. You are fortunate to embark on the lives of three ve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 26

1.3K 18 2
By kamie112

*To fans.....*        <^.^> Ur proably going to hate me for this chapter...i hated myself when I wrote it...I know I don't ususally leave notes before a chapter but, this was mandatory...I wrote this chapter and the more I wrote the angrier I got. Anywho, please comment, i want to hear what you think about my chapter... :/ Sorry, but enjoy!

Ciao, <3 *Kamie*

Chapter 26

Keith

We took up a lot of space at the restaurant. Nicole said she knew a great french place that was about 4 minutes away from the house called C’est La Vie meaning It is Life. It was beautiful. Apparently her father takes her there every once in a while. We took up al least two long tables. There were about 11 of us and we were starving. I was a little upset that Cara decided to stay back at the house but I knew she would be in good hands. Jay was a pretty descent guy.

Unfortunately I didn’t speak french. I had taken Italian in school and I wasn’t so good at that either. I asked Ava to because she took French last year. She told me all the things she thought I would like and I chose. I felt a little dumb, but hey, I’d look even stupider ordering the first thing I saw and ended up with snails or something. I also ordered something for Cara. I knew by the time we got back she’d be hungry.

I looked over at Chris who was holding Becca’s hand. They looked happy and in love. I could imagine that’s what Cara and I looked like. Then I remembered that Chris was moving tomorrow. Every time I asked Cara how she felt about Chris being so far from her, she snapped at me. I knew how she felt. I just wanted her to say it. She was devastated. Chris is her twin, and he being so far is going to be real hard on her. I haven’t talk to him about it. It makes me a little upset as well. I looked up at Chris and Becca and realized how devastated Becca would be. She told me just today that her life is basically over. Nothing in the world could make her any happier than how much she already is with Chris. Then I got a thought. I really, really didn’t want our home to be like a home for the needy or anything, but we have an extra room in the house. It’s completely empty and we have no idea what we’re going to do with it. I looked at them again and smiled. Chris is going to be so happy. I just have to talk to Cara and Ava alone about it first. And it has to be soon.

While we waited, we all laughed and drank and talked about all the funny things that happened that day. Some of us had a little too much to drink.

“Oh, and remember when Leah asked where babies came from?” Nicole said. We all laughed.

“Yah! And Nicole, remember when you couldn’t work the child proof lock case because it was child proof!?” We all laughed again. Even Nicole did that time. It was great. I was sad that Cara was missing out on it, but she had her reasons. Then Becca got up. She was drunker than drunk. She started drinking once my mom said she had to go to work for an emergency.

“Oh…and remember! Remember guys?” She stammers. We all laugh a little because we have no idea what she was talking about.

“Remember what Becca? You never said anything!” We laughed again.

“No! Ha! No guys, remember when angry beast…no…An-tho-ny showed up to the bathroom shower! Ha! And he…and he made Cara paint! Oh, I mean faint!?” We all got quiet except for Austin who laughs loudly because he’s drunk as well. I decide to laugh then because Becca was drunk! She was so hammered that she was making stuff up! But then I looked at Ava and Kaitlyn. Ava was glaring at Becca. She got up and tried to drag her to the bathroom but she refused. Kaitlynn stared at Becca in shock and then stared at me. She was trying to make it seem like that’s not what she said.

“I think someone had too much to drink tonight!” Jerry said. Everyone laughed except for Ava, Kaitlynn and I. I started to think about it then. Anthony showed up at the baby shower?

“Wait. So…what happened?” It got quiet again and all eyes were on Becca.

“What? Do I have a booger in my teeth!?” She laughed again and then passed out at the table. I looked at Ava and she bent her head down as if she was ashamed.

“Ava?”

“I wanted to tell you! I was the one who asked if I should call you!” I shook my head in disbelief. So she gave me all that crap about exes and she saw Anthony that very day!

“Keith, I see how angry you’re getting…just calm down. We can finish dinner and then you can talk to her when you get home.”

“I want someone to tell me right NOW!” I screamed. The entire restaurant got quiet.

“Anthony shows up to the baby shower trying to get Cara back. Cara tells him to leave and he doesn’t.”

“Why did she faint?” I say flatly but manage to stay calm.

“Because before he left, he gave her a check for 500,000 dollars.”

“What!? Where is it?”

“In her purse…” I got up and excused myself.

“Keith, where are you going?” Chris says.

“Home.”

“Don’t doing anything stupid!”

“No, she gave me all that bull about exes and she basically just saw hers! And he gave her money! Which she still has!”

“Keith I swear to God…”

“What? You’re gonna kill me if I touch her? Oh I won’t. I just need to know what the hell is going on in her brain!” I put my share of money for the food on the table and left. I got there in like a second and slammed the door opened. I saw Javon with his bag on his back and lipstick smeared on his face.

“You’re back early, where’s everyone else?” He says nervously.

“What the hell is that on your face?” I hear Cara yell something from upstairs.

“What’d she say?” I ask.

“I don’t know. But I gotta go. I’ll text you.” With that he walked past me and out the door. What in God’s name was going on?

“Cara!?” I yell. I knew she would take 10 years to get downstairs so I go up quickly. I was sitting in the rocking chair, wiping her mouth with a napkin. The same lipstick that was on Jay’s face. Oh, so this is how it is.

“Destroying the evidence?” I say bitterly.

“What are you talking about?” She says. I just stand there and glare at her. I tried to show as much hatred as I could but I couldn’t. She was so beautiful and even worse, she was holding my children.

“You’re home early.” She says. I walk into the room and touch the cribs. “Quick question, is Javon a single father?” I looked at her confusingly.

“No?”

“I knew it! That pervert!” What did that mean?

“You kissed him didn’t you?”

“No!”

“Yah, the lipstick you have on is all over his face!”

“Keith, just wait! That’s not what happened!”

“And you met Anthony today.”

“No, he ambushed me!”

“Where’s your purse Cara!?”

“It’s downstairs, why!? Just let me explain everything okay? I see how this looks!”  She says as I storm out of the room and run down the stairs. She tries to walk after me but she’s too slow.

“It looks like you cheated on me with one of my friends and willingly took 500,000 dollars from your ex boyfriend!”

“No Keith that’s not what happened!” I ran into the kitchen and then into the dinning room and got her purse. I opened it and dumped everything out on the floor.

“What the hell are you doing!?” She screamed! I didn’t see any paper and started to calm down a bit. Then I opened her wallet and saw the check.

“Keith! Just stop! Listen to me!”

“Why should I listen to you!? You lied to me; you gave me all this bull about exes and crap! You’re just a little slut! Those babies probably aren’t even mine! They’re probably Anthony’s! That why he gave you this stupid check!” She stared at me in shock and tears came poring down her face.

“You know what!? Believe whatever you want! Just know that I don’t care about this stupid check! I was going to give it back to him!”

“Another reason to see him huh!? You’re just disgusting! My father was right! I’m wasting my life with you!!” With that she screams at the top her lungs and shoved me. She tried to snatch the check out my hand and I wouldn’t let her. I pushed her off and she made a couple steps backwards. She had the check in her hand then and she ripped it up into little pieces.

“I don’t care about him!!!” She step on the pieces of the check and shoved me again.

“I’m done, I’m done with you and your lies and all your dumb crap. Those babies are not mine and I don’t ever want to see you again!” With that I shoved past her, got my things and left. I drove as far as I could and checked into the furthest hotel. I don’t need her! I don’t need anyone!

I get a text message from Kaitlynn then.

Kay: ‘Yes, you’re my brother, but once again what you did was stupid.’

Me: ‘It wasn’t stupid Kay. What she did was stupid. She probably was never going to tell me.’

Kay: ‘You should have listened to her side of the story! You din’t even let me finish tell you what happened!’

Me: ‘Because I knew. She cheated on me Kay!’

Kay: ‘No, she didn’t Keith!’

Me: ‘It’s funny how my own flesh and blood stabs me in the back like this is a fratricide.’

I turn my phone off then. I didn’t want anyone to talk to me. I didn’t even want to call my mom. When I got to the hotel I went to my room to put my things away and then headed for the bar. The bartender asked me for my ID and I just gave him 200 dollars.

“This could get me fired you know kid!”

“Keep your mouth shut and I’ll give you another two.” He shook my hand and went back to cleaning the glasses. I girl comes up to the bar then and sits down. She orders a strawberry daiquiri and a shot.

“Hey, what’s on your mind handsome?” She says when she sees me. She was gorgeous. Tall, brunette, hazel eyes. She was just beautiful.

“Just…life.” I say. She smiles and looks at my drink. I had ordered a beer.

“I’m Brittany. And you are?”

“Keith.” She scoots over to the seat next to me and we start to talk. She tells me that she just broke up with her boyfriend and she needed a drink. I decided to tell her about everything that happened. She was a great listener.

“I don’t know if I could agree with you. Yes she made a mistake, but guess what, you did too. She’s your fiancé and you might never get a chance to see you children again.

“Yah, but the might not even be mine!”

“Might is the keyword honey. You could lose everything.”

“You’re a girl…you automatically take her side.”

“I’m a woman. I’m 20 years old. And I might not be that much older than you but I know what I’m talking about.” She told me her life story and I just listened. She gave me a lot of advice and the more she talked, the more I liked her. And the more I wanted her. I eventually started to flirt with her.

“So do you understand where I’m coming from Keith? You can’t just jump to conclusions. You completely destroyed her. What if you come to your senses and apologize and then she never takes you back?”

“I don’t want her back now. I’m already in the presence of an angel.” She blushed and shook her head.

“Seriously?”

“Well, yeah. Look at you; you’re beautiful and clearly very smart.” I seemed to have won her over because she smiled and put her hand on my shoulder. I kissed her then. Drunk and clueless. She pulled away.

“Honestly, I’m not that kind of girl. And you come with a heap load of baggage. I just wanted to help you.”

“I know.” I try to kiss her again.

“I’m not a whore. I don’t sleep around with random guys you know. I hope everything works out. In the end, you need to do what’s right. I’m in college trying to get my life right. I already have a family and I’m just trying to do what’s best for my son.” She put the money she owed on the counter and walked off. Damn. I thought I would get lucky. I sighed and looked up to see the bartender chuckling at my fail.

“At least I got a girl to talk to me!” I mumbled. He laughed and said,

“Little boy, girls talk to me here everyday. Besides, I supply them with the booze.” He laughs and takes the order of another man. I get up and walk up to my room. I was a mess. I don’t get myself wasted to the point where I can’t walk, but I was pretty drunk. I lay down on the bed and sighed. What a great day! I fell asleep moments later, thinking only about Cara and the babies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...
857 0 30
Todd is a senior in high school living with his older brother Seth in a small town called Coop Acres. Ever since the death of their parents in a car...
Selfless By Dagný

Teen Fiction

1.9K 123 20
Avery Johnson is a mediocre girl, living in a mediocre world. Or so she thinks. She's an only child and her parents are still happily married. Her...
476K 34K 105
💞 A brand new completed story! Short chapters! Completed January 5, 2020. *Still in rough draft form* She was her best friend, her rock and favorit...