The Teachers Inmate

Per AngelBlueDawn

THE SEQUEL TO TEACHERS PET 10 years ago Bellamy Whitley fell in love with her English teacher Alex Reynolds... Més

Author Note/ Fun stuff.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter five
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine.
epilogue

Chapter Nine.

6K 269 46
Per AngelBlueDawn

Belle spent the next two days in a blur, taking care of Maggie's kids and focusing on nothing else. She went from a happy young woman to a mother overnight and despite her deep love for both children it was difficult, the fear that Alex's father would show up any day to take the kids loomed constantly over her head even as she prepared for Maggie's funeral.

She was tying Seth's dress shoes and fighting back tears when he finally asked about his mother.

"Aunt Belle?"

"Hmm?"

"Where are we going?" He asked looking up at her.

"We are going....to say goodbye....to your mommy and daddy."

"I don't want to say goodbye."

She paused and then took a deep breath easing onto the couch next to him.

"I know, neither do I but...it's better if we do."

"Why?"

"Because....your mommy and daddy loved you....very much but they had to go away and.....I know where they are they're watching you and it will make them feel better if you say goodbye and tell them that you love them. Then....they're going to keep watching you and you can talk to them....anytime you want to and I promise they will hear you."

"What if I'm afraid?" He asked, his eyes watery.

"It's okay to be afraid, but I will be right there with you the entire time and...it's okay to cry if you need too."

"Will Olivia remember mommy and daddy? She's little."

"We will do our absolute best to make sure she always remembers."

"Okay," He said in a small voice.

She hesitated then hugged him close, dropping a kiss on his blonde hair. She held back her own tears putting on a strong front for the two children that needed her.

When Seth pulled away she used her thumb to wipe away a tear on his soft cheek, forcing a smile.

"Let's go."

She loaded the kids into the vehicle by herself, Jade had begged Belle not to go alone but Belle wanted to. Saying goodbye to Maggie would be hard but it also was private, she was closing a chapter on their friendship and she didn't want Landon or Jade to be there.

It never crossed her mind that Alex would be.

*****************************************************************

Alex was sitting in pew of the extravagant church his father had insisted they use. His mother on his right near the aisle and his father to his left. He had donned a suit and even shaved and cut his hair but as he sat there staring at the closed casket what he really wanted was a drink.

"Stop fidgeting, people will think you're strung out on drugs," His father scolded.

His mother sat and sobbed silently beside him, obviously medicated by one of his father's friends who was a doctor. Further down the pew Ethan sat with his wife stoic as ever.

When Alex returned from an AA meeting the day after Maggie's death he was told about Belle having custody and that Ethan was the traitor. Relieved to be off his father's radar for awhile Alex said nothing.

A few more people filtered in and Alex watched them with disinterest wishing he was anywhere else. He was staring at his shoes when his father spoke.

"I can not believe the nerve of this girl," He said.

"She brought the children," His mother replied.

Alex turned just as Belle made her way up the aisle.

Seth was holding tightly to her left hand, wearing a small suit. Olivia was nestled snuggly in Belles right arm, a neon pink baby bag slung over her right shoulder. Belle had left her brown hair curl naturally and was wearing a long-sleeved black dress, small black heels, and black pantyhose. Alex couldn't stop staring.

She didn't glance at them as she urged Seth into the pew and he obeyed climbing onto the wooden seat and Belle settled next to him.

Was she always that beautiful? Alex couldn't remember since he had barely seen her since she was seventeen but he couldn't imagine her ever being as beautiful as she was now with the two children.

Seeing her there as an adult with two kids was like taking a punch in the stomach, he saw what he might have had if only he had held his life together a little longer.

"Someone should ask her to leave," His father said harshly.

"Please, don't cause a scene the poor girl is here all alone. Where must her boyfriend be?" His mother asked, sympathy lacing her voice.

Boyfriend? of course she had a boyfriend but the thought sent a pang of jealousy through Alex.

"We all know why she's really here." His father shot back.

"Please...let her stay for the children's sake."

"She has no right, no damn right being here. First, she sends our son to jail for murder, then she steals our grandchildren and uses our last remaining child to do so. She's a manipulative whore."

"Maggie loved her," His mother said, glancing at Alex.

There was an unspoken understanding between Alex and his mother. His mom didn't ask details about what happened with him and Belle but understood the reason behind it.

Belle pushed her hair back and as if sensing his eyes on her slowly turned her head. Her brown eyes met his and instantly softened, he saw the tears that she was trying so hard to contain and his heart ached.

On instinct alone, he stood, with every intention of going to her but his father grabbed his arm.

"You sit your ass back down."

"Dad.."

"Don't you start with me Alex it will only make trouble for her."

He glanced at his father then back at Belle, she saw the interaction and bit her lower lip before dropping her head and turning away. Her turning away was more painful than it should have been and he sank back into the pew.

He had to see her again, his mind was made up now. It didn't matter what it cost him he had to see her, one more time.

*********************************************************

The funeral was long and painful but Belle was impressed with how well Seth sat through it. Quiet and as patient as any kid his age could be. When the funeral came to a close the priest offered for anyone attending to approach the caskets and say their final goodbye.

"Do you want to go?" Belle asked Seth gently.

He gave a small nod as people began exiting the church and Belle stood, juggling the diaper bag and Olivia she took his hand and they approached the caskets. A large black and white picture rested between the two white caskets.

Jeffrey had an arm outstretched obviously taking the pitcter, Maggie was sitting a hospital bed beaming up with a small baby in her lap and Seth kneeling on the bed next to her showing off two missing teeth.

When they were close enough Seth released Belles' hand and stepped up between the two, placing a small hand on Maggie's casket.

"Goodbye Mommy, I'll try real hard to be a good boy."

Belle bit back a sob but tears finally broke free as she watched the tiny child pay his respects to his parents.

Suddenly she was aware of a presence beside her and she didn't need to look to know it was Alex.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a low voice.

"The kids...are doing okay. Seth doesn't fully understand but he tries and Olivia..."

"No, Belle...that's not what I asked." He said sternly, interrupting her.

"No," She admitted turning her head to look up at him.

Her lower lip trembled tears rolling down her cheeks as she looked up at him, begging for something but he didn't know what. He fought back the urge to touch her, to hold her close and promise it would be okay.

"Maggie....she loved you very much." He said.

"That's a cheap method of comfort," She pointed out.

"It's all I can do for you."

She took a deep breath turning to Seth who was now staring at the large picture.

"Are you okay?" Belle called gently to him.

"I want to take this," He decided taking the picture down from its stand.

It was huge, bigger than him and he stumbled a little as he came down the steps.

"Oh, honey...I think that's grandma and grandpas, I think they want it back." Belle said.

"Keep it, I'll deal with them." Alex intervened.

Seth gave a small nod holding the picture out to look at it then marching down the aisle with it against his side.

Belle turned and followed pausing midway down the aisle she turned back to Alex.

"Do you really have nothing to say to me?" She asked.

"No."

'Okay....goodbye, Alex." She said.

"Goodbye."

She turned and exited the church behind Seth and although he knew it wasn't possible Alex could swear he felt Maggie judging him and she wasn't happy.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

Teacher's Pet Per Angela

Novel·la juvenil

627K 15.5K 46
It's the last year for Alex Reid. The last year for the soccer player to make here mark at the high school level. The last year of stress and teenag...
648K 22.1K 26
(Book #2: Falling for My teacher ~ Sequel/ published 8-17-17) *Recommend you read book #1 before you read this one* ||Apologies before hand about spe...
2M 59.8K 66
❦ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐱-𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭 In her three years of teaching, the last thing Charlotte Dawson was expecting to discover that o...
434 3 35
Meet Anastasia Hart She was known as the teacher's pet, the nerd, the girl invisible to everyone around her. All she wanted to do was please her moth...