( NASCAR) The New Girl at Hen...

By DestinyElliott4824

Young Destiny Elliott, younger sister to Chase Elliott gets a chance to drive with the big guys of NASCAR. Ri... More

The new girl at Hendrick Motorsports
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapyer Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Authors notice
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Seven (Homestead-Miami)
Chapter 48 (The Surprise)

Chapter Forty Six

451 9 5
By DestinyElliott4824

Rain pounds on the roof of Destiny's coach as she wakes up. And it was not a drizzle either. It was an intense down pour. The shades only allowed a limited amount of light to come through. The light wasn't very impressive either. New England weather, typical. Cold and rainy.
Destiny gets up rubbing her eyes.
" rainy weather on race day. Great..." She says.
Then she gets up off the bed and heads out into the main room. It was dark and empty. The sight made her heart ache. The light above the sink was still on from the night before. As Destiny walks towards the island in the kitchen she sees the time on the microwave. It was 7:30 in the morning. The track opened in a half hour to fans. She groans as she sees the puddles outside.
" This is going to be an interesting race..." She mumbles.
Destiny gets changed throwing on a blue bra and a black tank top. After throwing underwear on she slips into her red fire suit. Her arms slide into the sleeves and then she zips it up. Her hair flows down her shoulders. Her curls perfect.
" Baby your a song, you make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise."
Destiny's phone rings loudly. She turns around seeing it buzz.
" Hello?" Destiny says in a sleepy tone.
" You up yet?" The voice asks.
Destiny grins slightly.
" Work up to rain. How's the shop?" She asks.
Silence is what she gets. Then a low sigh.
" too quiet. No Steve. No you. Ashley hasn't shown up. It's just Cory and I." Chris says.
Destiny's eyes shift to the floor.
" I'm going to win for him." She says determined.

Chris shifts his legs and now allows his right leg to lean on the bumper as he sits on the hood of a 55' Belair.
" Don't try anything stupid alright Destiny?" Chris says trying to keep himself content.
" Don't worry about me. I'm going to show what Iv been hiding all year. You know Iv been holding back." She says.
Chris sighs.
" You better get out there then and warm up." He says.
Destiny takes a deep breath.
" I would but you know. New England weather won't permit it." Destiny says as she sits on her couch.
Chris smiles then gets off the hood.
" Well I'll let the nascar super star go." Chris says.
Destiny quickly says something she didn't even think about before it came.
" So you wanna come hang out after the race?"
She takes a deep breath knowing her boyfriend is in a hospital bed.
" I mean... How's Tim..." She throws in before Chris can completely answer.
" He's stable... He hasn't moved though. But they did get the blood clot tumor thing out of his head." Chris says.
Destiny takes a deep breath and gets up.
" I should be with him Chris..." She says depressed.
Chris shakes his head and puts down a ratchet.
" He would want you there. Racing you heart out. Once your done there you can see him as much as possible." Chris says.
" Iv had my years racing. Chris.... Just eight more races. Then I'm coming home for good. I know what I want to do from now on. I'll let Chase do the racing. I'll help pops keep the shop open. And we can all work there like old times." She says as she holds back tears.
Chris can't believe it. Destiny Rene Elliott, ending her nascar career for the shop and the boys.
Destiny hears a knock at the door and she looks up.
"Hold on a sec!" She yells.
" I'll talk to you later alright Chris?" She says.
"Alright. Good luck." Chris says.
Then he hangs up. Destiny walks to the door and opens it to see dale.
" Hay." She says.
Dale smiles and climbs into her coach.
" What no food?" Dale says jokingly.
Destiny rolls her eyes then smiles slightly.
" what's up?" She asks.
" Not the sun." Dale says.
Destiny punches his shoulder.
" Really?!"
" what?" He asks.
He laughs as she sits down in front of him at the table.
" when are we going racing?" She asks.
Dale shrugs.
" Later." He says.
They both continue chatting as the rain continues to down pour.

******3:30pm, NHMS******
The rain has stopped and NASCAR has had the jet dryers out on the track now for an hour. They were finishing up turn four as the crews continued to clean off the pit stalls. The cars have been lined up on pit road since twelve but they have been covered.
"Welcome to New Hampshire motor speedway. It's looking better now then it was three hours ago."
" yah three hours ago we had down pours. The teams were told to keep the cars in the garage until the ran had calmed. Around noon time the rain had settled to a calm spitting. Now we are almost set to go here at NHMS."
Darrell and Bob say as they broadcast.
The camera men show images of the covered cars as well as the jet dryers. The clouds have started to break up as the sun peaks through. The trees around the track are bright reds and yellows.
As Destiny watches the broad cast she sees Kyle Busch talking with his crew chief. The rain had finally stopped. And she knew it was go time.
She walked out of the garage area and headed towards pit road. The ground was still wet until she came out to where he covered car is. She had gotten the pole from beating Kyle Busch. Busch starts second now followed by Kasey Kahne and Carl Edwards. Trevor Bayne starts in fifth with Dale jr next to him. Johnson starts seventh with his teammate, Jeff Gordon next to him. Starting tenth is Chase Elliott.

" Destiny Elliott!" A girl yells.
Destiny turns around to see one of the rally cross drivers from yesterday's show. Destiny grins as the perfectly figured girl comes walking up to her.
" I just wanted to say good luck. I wish I could race out there." The girl says.
Her brown eyes shining in the little light that has escaped from the breaking up clouds. Her brown hair was actually darker then Destiny's by one shade.
" Ummm thank you?" Destiny says a little confussed.
" Oh sorry! I'm Brandyn." The girl says.
She holds her hand out and Destiny shakes it.
" Well nice to meet you Ms. Brandyn." Destiny says.
The girls continue to chat as the track drying is being finished up. A few cameras take pictures of them. Prob to make it a huge thing that a NASCAR driver talked to a rally cross driver. Little did Destiny know though that there was more to Brandyn.
" Destiny we are going to do drivers intros." A NASCAR official says to her.
Destiny looks at Brandyn with a sorry look.
" Iv gotta go. I'm called last but I guess they want me to wait twenty minutes." She says.
Brandyn laughs then waves as Destiny runs for the driver intros.
" Good luck!" Brandyn yells.

Destiny walks up and lightly hits Chase off the back.
"Oww! What was that for?" He says.
Destiny laughs then walks towards Martin Truex jr. He's chatting with his old teammate Brian Vickers.
"Hey boys." Destiny says as she slides in between them to get to the stage.
" Destiny." Brian says.
Destiny smiles.
" Hay Des." Martin says.
Martin Truex jr had qualified P23 and Brian vickers, P18. New Hampshire is a difficult track at first but after ten laps the guys will start to move around. The places to pass are on the front and back straightaways. You can pass as the cars come into a turn but it takes skill. The turns here have almost no degree banking so the cars will just shoot across the track into the wall if you leave the groove. Tires are everything here. Sticker tires over scuffs matter. NHMS is small enough that you can go into fuel saving mode but there's really only one single car groove so lap cars are a pain in the ass to pass.

" What's up?" Destiny asks.
Martin shrugs.
" Hoping to be able to get to halfway before the next storm rolls in." He says.
Destiny nods. They can hear the crowd screaming for their hometown boy, Joey Logano. I guess Middletown, Connecticut is close to Loudon, NH.
" Starting P24,Your hometown boy, driving the Pennzoil/Shell #22 Penske Ford Fusion, JOEY LOGANO!"
The crowd screams loudly.
" Now that's something you don't hear everyday." Destiny says.
" It's like the amount of people in Vegas that cheer for Kyle Busch and Kurt. That's unheard of." Brian says.
Destiny nods. Then she looks at Martin.
" So where's little Truex?" She asks.
Martin looks up.
" He's with Alex somewhere." Martin says.
" Them BK boys." Destiny says laughing.
"Well see you out there." Martin says.
He runs for the stage as they announce his name.
"Driving the Furniture Row 78 Chevy SS, starting P23, Martin Truex Jr.!"
Martin walks out waving as people cheer for him.

About thirty minutes later the drivers are all announced. The teams are now walking back to the pit boxes. The pre-race ceremonies are over and the drivers are getting into their cars. Jimmie gives Chad a high five. Then Chad puts the window net up. Destiny sits snug in her racing machine. The weather was cooler then when she qualified so that meant that the cars will go much faster.
"GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES!" Richard Petty gives the command.
The 43 engines roar loudly giving the crowd the chance to remember why they had come here. To watch 43 men and woman challenge the beast they are in. The pace car pulls off pit road with Destiny and Kyle following behind it. Then Kasey and Carl. Trevor Bayne behind them and so on.
As they round turn one and two Destiny focuses in. She's warming her stickers up before they light em up. Kyle would pull ahead and then Destiny would. They were both trying to figure out where the bumps are and the soft spots where the water is. They now come out of turn four. The guy on the flag stand holds the green flag straight up. The flag does not flow though. And his other hand is holding up one finger giving them the one to go signal. The world had slowed for Destiny. She could even see the fans as they drove by the main grandstand. As they reached the Laconia stands she could see an old friend. Matthew Knowles was his name. He chose computers over cars.
They come down the back stretch where the motorhomes are. Fans sit on the hill and little kids stand near the fence waving and cheering. They go into the last turn and the pace car pulls off. The field stacks up nicely as they head towards the flag. The flag man then waves the green flag.
"Green green. Go get em Des." Destiny hears in her ear.
She shifts and speeds off towards turn one. Her eyes focused on the win. Wanting to stretch her points lead. She shifts gears and storms off into the turn. Kyle Busch falls back and settles in behind her. Trevor Bayne loses a spot to Dale because he was loose on the start.
"Leader, 84." Destiny hears.
She continues to hit the gas. As she comes out of the turn she notices the walls coming closer and her car is running up off the groove. As the car starts to spin she shifts and drifts the car avoiding the wall. Kyle Busch takes the lead because of her mistake.
" It's lap one Des out of three hundred. Calm down." Case says.
Destiny shifts and speeds up to catch Kyle. As they come around to complete lap one she's already on his bumper and is forcing it.
" Get that fucken girl off my god damn fucken ass before I destroy her fucken car!" Kyle yells at his spotter.
Destiny pulls low and manages to pass him in the turn. Her car bottoms out on a bump and sparks as she forces it across Kyle's nose. As she hits the backstretch she takes off for good.

"How's the car Chase?" His crew chief asks.
Chase passes Jimmie and takes sixth.
" She's tight on entry. I'm going to need a few rounds of wedge." Chase says.
"10-4"
Chase stays low into the turn as Jimmie once again challenges up high. Chase edges out as much as he can without getting loose. Behind Jimmie is Kevin Harvick who has raced his way all the way from P34. And here he is now racing both Chase and Jimmie.

" The four is on your bumper." Chad says to Jimmie.
Jimmie focuses on blocking Kevin and that allows Chase to get away with the sixth spot.
"Thanks Chad." Jimmie replies.
The 48 stays beside the wall as it comes down the back stretch. Kevin Harvick then challenges to the inside.
"I'm in trouble here Chad." Jimmie says.
He tries to hold back Kevin.
"Hang in there bud. Lap thirty we will pit." Chad says.
Jimmie sighs and tries to keep Harvick at bay.

"31 at your back bumper Kevin." Rodney Childers says.
Kevin looks into the mirror and sees the nose of the Caterpillar Chevy SS. The 31 dives low and passes Kevin easily. Ryan Newman then sets his sights on Jimmie Johnson.
" Rodney the car is starting to lose grip." Kevin says.
" Hold her out there. Just a few more laps till we are in our window." Rodney says.

Destiny has now lapped six cars. She has been dominating this race since the drop of the green flag. She knew that she was riding the brakes a little hard but not enough to do to much damage. She passes Alex bowman easily and now sets her sights on the wounded 41 machine of Kurt Busch. He had hit the wall earlier but made it to pit road before they could throw a yellow. It was now lap 35 of 300. Cars were starting to pit as Destiny continued to run her car. She was determined to lap everyone before she headed in. After four more laps her car started to sputter as she came around turn four.
"I'm coming in!" She says into the scanner.
She pulls her 84 machine down pit road and comes to a stop in her stall. Her crew went to the right side first. The car was jacked up and the tires were replaced. Same with the lefts. She got two cans of fuel and she was away.

A hundred laps later, lap 135, Destiny was still out front. Alex bowman had gone to the garage for a transmission failure. Also David Gilliland was out because of making hard contact with the wall.
Chase had gained second place and was chasing after his sister. Kyle was in third and Jimmie fourth. They would have to get to halfway before the storm comes in. The sky was starting to get dark as the cars continue to run. Destiny finally after what felt like sixty laps sees the crossed flags meaning halfway. She races down the backstretch trying to beat the rain.
"Trouble on the front stretch! Cars everywhere!" Bob yells.
" It's raining on the front stretch!" Darrell adds.
Destiny slows as she sees the carnage. The 27 was halfway on the 14. The 10 had no front or rear. And there were more. Almost half the field. Chase came to a slow pace behind Destiny followed by Kyle and Jimmie. Denny Hamlin's car was sideways on the safer barrier.
The rain continues to drop buckets as crews hurry to clean the wreck. An official sends what's left of the field down pit road slowly. The drivers get out of their cars and look at the mess. Brad Keselowski's car was destroyed. Joey loganos car also gone. Greg Biffle had a car on his hood. Danica Patricks nose was wedged into the side of Ricky Stenhouses car. Ricky would be stuck in the car until they could move him away from the wall.
Soon enough they throw the red flag out because of the carnage and the rain.
Destiny gets out of her car as her crew starts to cover her car. Chase walks over to Destiny as she watches Denny climb from his car. She can see his body struggling.
"He's hurt." She says as Kasey comes over as well.
Kasey turns seeing Denny Hamlin now leaning on his teammate Matt Kenseth.
"It must be his back." Kasey says.
Chase nods also. All three of them continue to talk as the rain continues to down pour. The fans pile in under the stands as it's raining. Many start to pack up and leave. The NASCAR officials look at the radar seeing no opening in the sky. About an hour later NASCAR calls the race.
" Destiny Elliott wins two in a row!" Darrell says.
Case walks over to Destiny and congrats her. Her crew celebrates before the rain totally ends their day.

******Destiny's Coach******
" Got any plans for the week?" Dale asks.
Destiny shrugs and then picks at the French fries that sit on her plate. Her brother came to mind. Well a friend that she considered her brother. He always loved French fries. And chicken. He lives now in Danvers MA. Far away from where she lives now.
" See Tim." She says quietly.
The day had worn her out. And as for the rain, well it kept falling. The track was empty other then the drivers coaches. Even the haulers were gone.
"Sounds....interesting." Dale says.
He takes a sip of his soda then places it on the side table. The tv played transformers 3. Every time dale saw Road buster he would cheer since it was his car.
" He's stable. And the doctors said he would wake up soon. I need to be there for him." She says.
Then she gets up rubbing her eyes.
" I'm heading to bed. You can let yourself out when you want to. Just leave the door locked." Destiny yawns then heads for her room.
Her bed was messily made. The blanket just thrown around and her pillows just laying there. She changes into pajamas and then slides under the covers. Soon enough the warmth takes over and her eyes grow heavy.

Dale finishes up the movie and gets up an hour after Destiny had gone to bed. He turns the tv off and then cleans his cup. After writing a note he heads out locking the door behind.
Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart were still up. They were both sitting under a tent near the fire drinking.
"That rain though." Kurt says.
Tony slightly frowns.
" I had a good car too!" Tony throws back at Kurt.
Kurt looks at him. He can see the beer is getting to him.
"Maybe it's time we head in. Your drunk as it is." Kurt says.
Tony denies it though and pushes Kurt away.
"Stop it Kurt." Tony says.
Kurt gives him a look. Dale walks by as the rain hits his bushy hair.
" Hay it's wonder boy." Tony says as he takes another swig of beer.
Dale stops and gives Tony a look.
"What?" Dale asks.
Kurt walks over and explains the situation. Dale then realizes it and nods his head.
"Oh." Dale says.
Kurt soon enough gets tony into his coach and into bed.

Dale unlocks his coach and walks in. He takes a tiresome deep breath and trudges to the bathroom to shower. Soon enough he also falls asleep after his warm shower.

*******Seven Weeks Later*******

For the past couple weeks Destiny had been by Tim's side waiting and hoping he would wake. She had literally dominated the Chase. Winning all but two of the races. One had been Talladega. The only reason why she didn't win was because of a nasty wreck. Her car had been hit and turned into the wall. The other had been Texas also because of a wreck. Ryan Newman had spun her out and David Gilliland who never pays attention ended up smashing into Destiny. It was week ten in the Chase now. The points are close between Destiny and Jimmie. Only two points separate them.
The haulers are just arriving at Homestead today. Which means the drivers will be there tomorrow for the last race in the Chase. This will be the race of the century.

"Your an idiot!" Dale yells as Chase cleans the spilt coffee.
" It's an old computer. Calm down Dale." Chase says.
" It was my fathers!" Dale yells not noticing the shop door open.
Daniela walks on confused.
" What in gods name are you two doing?" She asks.
Chase looks over at her and starts to blush.
" I spilt coffee on an old laptop is all." Chase says trying to hide his feelings.
" oh well here." She throws him a rag.
Then she walks towards her car.
" I can't wait to race next year. Even if Destiny challenges me I can still beat her." She says determined.
Chase sighs and looks up at his boss.
" When are we leaving for Homestead?" He asks.
Dale shrugs. Then he picks up his dad's lap top.
" tonight." He says.
Chase nods.

Destiny rolls over on the little chair they have in the room. The machine was beeping for a calm heart beat. Then all she can hear is constant buzzing. She sits up weakly and looks at her phone. A message from Jimmie. Destiny opens it and reads it.
'The plane leaves at six tonight. Do you want me to get you?' -Jimmie
Destiny replies to Jimmie.
'I'll head to my house around five then.' -Destiny
Then she hits send and watches the blue bar at the top go across the top of the screen.
She then gets up and watches as Tim starts to move. Destiny gets up fast almost falling. Her heart beating fast.
"Tim?!" She says scared.
Tim moves and then settles. His eyes open but his powerful blue eyes aren't the blue they usually are. He looks at her with a blank look.
" Tim?" She says again.
He smiles and looks at her.
"I knew it was you." Tim says.
Destiny runs over and hugs him.
" Iv missed you so much." She says.
Both start talking about what he missed over the month and a half he was out.

Authors note: so I'm coming to a close to this story soon. I'll start working on my other two once this is done. And yes I'm ending it on chapter 48 purposely. Not part 48 but chapter 48. Sorry if this seems long. Iv been writing this for a few days now. Been trying to keep my mind off timothy leaving. He leaves Wednesday. And won't be back till the week before Christmas. So I'll be writing. Vote and comment. And most of all, enjoy:D CANT WAIT FOR DAYTONA!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 316 57
Female NASCAR driver, Jo McGuire, who drives for Joe Gibbs Racing thinks her life is perfect right now. 3 championships in the 8 years she has been r...
803 8 15
One-shot stories of all your favorite drivers (requests are welcome)
1.5K 51 23
Kyle Larson and Alex Bowman were just teammates - that's all they were. Okay, maybe they were more. They were friends. They talked a lot not just abo...
26.9K 668 149
They say some things happen for a reason, and that may be the case here. What if Alex overheard Ryan and Isabelle for a reason at the diner? He had...