The Call Of A Mute Heart

By Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 5
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Underswap special 6

258 11 6
By Arzuera

I'm gonna keep going with this until this side story is over then it will be back to the regular chapters. Plus.... I REALLY had fun writing this.

~~~

"Holy shit, punk! How the hell are you even alive right now?" it took all the effort within your body to not send a glare at Alphys. You hadn't exactly forgiven her yet for almost ending you. Your SOUL was currently being examined in one of the tube-like containers in Undyne's lab, after you snuck a picture of the nerdy version of the fish monster on your phone. Your Alphys was gonna owe you at least a weeks worth of Muffet's for the photo. You can just imagine the fanfiction she was going to write based off of the fish monster in a lab coat. Though you had to admit that she looked pretty cute. It was rather cool to see Undyne all nerdy when you knew that she wouldn't be caught dead in a lab coat otherwise.

"sheer perseverance and a lot of SOUL supplements. so i would like to axe you to try and not kill the kiddo again." Sans stood off to the side next to the still slightly surprised Undyne with Honey not to far behind. Sweets was currently at the metal lab table you were sitting on holding your hand. It was supposed to be supportive and it was sweet but, at this point in your life, you've gotten used to these procedures. You were wondering if he was doing it more for his sake than yours. Suddenly, Sans's eye lights go out as he levels his gaze on the yellow lizard monster. "that is if you know what's good for ya."

Despite the intimidating look, Alphys just rolled her one good eye at the shorter skeleton completely unfazed. "How was I supposed to know that her SOUL is essentially worthless?" Your eyebrows shot up in surprise along with everyone else's. Wow. Ouch. The bright pulsating glow of your dimmed a bit as her words stung a lot more than you really should have allowed. With that, Alphys earned a nasty glare from everyone in the room. "What?! That's not what I meant and you know it! I meant it was worthless FOR THE BARRIER!"

The glares remained for a few more moments until you decided to break the standoff by clapping your hands. "Though I still think this was unnecessary... is there any change?" Your hands signed to Sans when he was looking at you again.

Undyne glanced at her monitor and despite knowing what was on it she gave you a shrug. "H-honestly... I c-can't say. I-I don't know what I-it was like before." Once again, surprise shot across your face as the fish monster understood your hand signs. She was the only one in this universe who seemed to understand you so far.

"fortunately, i do." Your best friend leaned over the sitting fish monster to get a look at the monitor and you couldn't help the irritated look that Alphys was giving the skeleton from across the room.

Oh... this was too rich. A wicked grin made its way on your face as you pulled up your newly charged phone. "Hey, Alphys." the robotic voice was loud but not loud enough to attract the attention of the scientists. Sweets was still eyeing your SOUL and Honey was asleep on the nearby couch now that everything had been deemed safe for the moment. When the captain ignored the first attempt you typed in another without regret. "Allllllppphhhyyyyysssssss." the program read out her name letter by letter as you watched her irritated face become even more annoyed with every added syllable.

"Nrrrrgghhh WHAT HUMAN?!" she hissed as she sent you a glare that would have most people shrinking away but you were used to it. Instead of cowering, all she received was a big smirk. One that she was not expecting to see from the person she had tried to murder a few moments prior. Her eyes narrowed at you while you waggled your eyebrows while typing out a response.

"Seems you have a bone to pick with my Sans. Maybe it's you who wants to be leaning over the cute fish?" the electronic voice read out and you watched as Alphys evolved into a chameleon. Her bright yellow scales turning a very deep red that seemed to reach down all the way to her toes. Just like your Alphys would when Undyne would blatantly flirt with her in public. Even though this one was covered in battle scars... it was still adorable. "Awwwwww! She does! Remember Alphy, no one likes a jealous monster."

The lizard captain sputters before becoming an even deeper scarlet than she already was. " W-what?! What the HELL are you talking about human? I am NOT jealous of a pile of sentient bone-"

"Jeeeeaaalous." Somehow the app actually enunciated the added letters to lengthen the word and you had about 2.5 seconds to wonder how you managed that before Alphys was up in your face while grabbing the collar of your shirt aggressively.

"I am not." you could feel the monster's breath on your face as she vehemently hissed the words at you but instead of being intimidated like you really should be... your smirk grew to shit-eating levels. Throwing your good health to the wind, you leaned in so that your forehead was almost touching hers and hitting send on your response.

"Are too."

There was a pause.

You stared down the monster in front of you as she somehow became even redder than she already was while your grin grew to the point your face was starting to hurt. Oh well, it was worth it. Suddenly, Alphys let out a feral scream and lifted you off the lab table without any effort at all. "NGAAAAHHHHHHH! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I AM NOT JEALOUS YOU STUPID NERD. WHO CAN BE JEALOUS OF A SMALL, WIMPY BAG OF BONES. I'M GOING TO KILL YO-" before she could finish her overly loud tirade, she was enveloped in orange as you were enveloped in blue and you both were pried away from each other while you shook from the laughter that had over taken you.

"i thought i axed you to not do that." Sans raised his brow bone at the captain who was now just glaring at you from her new position by the couch. Though the fact that you were almost dying of laughter while you floated a little ways from the tube that held your soul did not go unnoticed. "kid...please stop antagonizing monsters who are ready to murder your face." Your silent laughter increased to the point that you were having trouble breathing because of the skeleton's exasperated look.

Honey's snickers joined yours from the couch while he held Alphys with minimal effort. "looks like something struck her funny bone. gotta say, she has a lot of guts to tease alph like that."

You managed to reign in yourself a small bit before you busted your gut. Oh this was to much fun. "HUMAN? ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU SEEM TO BE RATHER RED IN THE FACE." Sweets had finally looked away from your SOUL and was now looking at you as if you may keel over at any second. Then again with how fragile your SOUL appeared to be, he probably thought you would.

Nodding your head, you gave the smaller Sans a bright smile while your Sans put you back on the table. "I'm fine. Just having a fun chat with my new friend Alphys." the worried eye lights of the skeleton turned into big stars as the phone spoke for you.

"YOU'VE BECOME FRIENDS WITH THE BIGGER HUMAN TOO?" Sweets left your side to go and stare at his lizard friend ecstatically while said friend just simmered at your words.

"I AM NOT! I DON'T EVEN LIKE HER!" she bellowed loud enough to make some objects in the room shake.

"Nah, that's right. You love me." Your response was instantaneous. It was to easy. The grin was back on your face and even Sans snickered at how cheeky you looked.

The poor Captain of the Royal Guard was fuming. You swore you saw the vapors if you squinted your eyes just right. "I DON'T LOVE YOU!" she roared, pointing an accusatory claw your way. Shouldn't having this much fun be considered illegal?

"You're right. You love Undyn-"

"RRRAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH" the rest of your text was drowned out as Alphys roared from the top of her lungs making a few thing actually fall off the walls this time.

"ENOUGH!" Everyone froze in what they were doing to look at the fish monster who was desperately trying to keep several expensive looking pieces of lab equipment from falling to the floor. "IF YOU ALL DON'T BEHAVE I'M KICKING YOU OUT!" Undyne gave you all a stern look and Alphys immediately dropped her intimidating tirade. Honey was holding back snickers as he released the lizard monster from his magic and you couldn't wipe the satisfied grin off your face. Not that you were trying that hard.

"Would you PLEASE stop looking happy with yourself?" Alphys gritted out and you had to rein your mischievous side back in. Swapped Undyne was right. You've messed with the fish monster enough.

You held up both of your hands as a sign of peace before turning to Sans as he went about helping Undyne save the lab equipment she had managed to catch. "So... what's the verdict? Will I live?"

The skeleton chuckled. "yeah, you'll live. though if you keep messing with alphys i can't guarantee for how long." There was a playful glint in his eyelights and you knew that he was teasing. There was no way that he would allow you to be hurt if he was nearby.

"THAT'S WONDERFUL NEWS!"Sweets dashed forward and pounced you into a hug while the tube removed itself so that your SOUL could return to it's rightful place.

"Okay, fine. Fine. The human is all hunky dory. Can someone explain to me how she can summon giant dragon skulls?" Alphys stated while gesturing to you.

"oh, she can't summon those. blasters are a skeleton only deal." Honey said with Sans nodding in agreement and Sweets giving a sound of acknowledgement. However, you couldn't stop the pout that formed on your face. When Sans caught up to you, he had returned the adorable attacks back to the void and you kind of missed them.

"Then how...?"

"with these." Sans pulled out a couple of the capsules that he had given you. "gave 'em to her as a safeguard in case we got separated and she ended up in danger."

Hah. Danger was an understatement. Not wanting to have to explain all of that yet, you turned to Undyne with your hands up. Ready to sign. "So... have you met a human kid yet?"

Recognition flits across her eye as she closes down all the sciency stuff she had up. "W-why yes! Actually... C-chara is on their way to m-meet Queen Toriel now."

"What?!" Honey and Sans both looked at Undyne with wide eye sockets.

"shit." the lanky skeleton teleports away and Sans is at your side in a heartbeat.

"i can't believe i never even considered this. we gotta send you back home. now." Sans tried to grab your hand but you hopped off the table.

"What? Why?" you gave him a confused look. Everything went from 0 to 100 really quick. One moment you were teasing and joking around with everyone like best buds. Now Honey disappeared with a slight hint of panic in his voice and Sans was looking rather freaked out himself. Though he was playing it off rather well, you knew your best friend well enough to know when he was distressed. This wasn't just him being uncomfortable or slightly worried. No, he was trying to keep himself completely calm and it only was working on Undyne and Sweets who were both looking at him confused with a little bit of concern.

With each passing moment, his facade was beginning to slip. "look. there is a lot about the underground that you don't know about still. some of it you have to experience to understand. however, this is one experience i would rather you not have to go through." Sans wiped some sweat that was starting to form on his skull. "not just because i don't want you to experience it but because i don't know what will happen. we aren't apart of this universe. if something happens to the kid... and what i think is going to happen does... there is no guarantee that anything good will happen to us. so because i don't know what will happen is precisely why i need to get you back home!"

"Sans, Sans! Calm down, what do you mean something is going to happen to the kid?" Now it was your turn to be worried. What could possibly happen to the kid if they were just going to see Toriel? She's an amazing parent!

"you three!" Before you could ask anymore, Sans had turned his attention on the other three monsters in the room who were looking even more confused than ever. "chara." he has to pause after saying the name but continues on anyway. "needs your help. weren't you all called to the throne room earlier?"

"Hey... now that you mention it. Sans didn't you all call us to meet up in Toriel's room?" Alphys looked at Sweets as realization crossed his face.

"OH NO! YOU ARE RIGHT ALPHYS. WE NEED TO GET TO THE THRONE ROOM RIGHT AWAY. ALL OF US!" the smaller skeleton clapped both of his gloved hands to his skull in worry. "WE GOTTA STOP TORIEL FROM FIGHTING THE HUMAN. THERE'S NO WAY WE WILL GET THERE IN TIME NOW."

Wait, what was that first part?

"don't worry, guys. i know a shortcut. stay here for a sec, (y/n). when i get back, we're going home." Sans made his way over to the other three monsters and in seconds they were gone. You were entirely alone in Undyne's lab. Instinctively, you shuddered. There have been to many times that you've been alone here and something went wrong.

Deciding that you didn't want to wait around on the table, you headed into the other room to look at the security cameras. It wouldn't be hard to find out the ones in Queen Toriel's castle. There were cameras everywhere else. You figured there were probably a couple in that room too. Since you understood your Alphys somewhat, it was fairly easy to figure out the set up of the security monitors and within a few seconds you had the throne room in sight. Your eyes grew wide. There were a lot more people in there than you had thought there would be. Toriel, Asgore, Alphys, Undyne, Papyrus, Sans(not your sans though. Where did he go?), Napstaton, and a child were all standing in the throne room talking. It looked pretty serious too. But it also looked like everything was going to be okay... wait what just popped up in the corner?

You turned the camera only to freeze in fear. You knew that gray hair and white fur anywhere but... what was Temmie doing in the throne room.

"alright, bud. we gotta go. we don't have a lot of time." a familiar boney hand grabbed your shoulder and within seconds the lab you were in was gone to be replaced by a basement you've only been in once or twice. Sans dashed over to the control console of the machine and began to get it running while you tried to get your act together.

"Sans... Temmie was in the throne room." You signed to your best friend when he looked your way. He arched an unimpressed brow bone and that would be understandable if you were back in your universe. Temmies were adorable in your universe. The one here wasn't so much.

"kid. everyone is gonna end up in that room pretty soon. until the flower shows up they'll be fine." He hits a button and the hatch to the newly repaired machine opens. "get in, buddo."

"Sans... Temmie was the reason why I summoned the blasters. They kept saying something along the lines of.. 'it's kill or be killed.'. They chased me down. Tried to kill me." You dropped your hands to your sides once you finished. Frustrated that you seemed to always keep these important details to yourself until its almost to late.

If bones could get paler then Sans proved it was possible. "what?" He shook his head then gestured to the open hatch. "(y/n), get in now. we have even less time than i originally thought. we gotta go." There was no way that you could ignore the urgency in his voice. You dashed into the machine and he joined you a few seconds later. The machine was firing up as Sans reached out to close the hatch. "c'mon, work faste-"

Then everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 868 20
"I couldn't hold my breath for so long, my vision was all blurry, and my hearing muffled. I heard a loud splash and saw something red and flowing. I...
3K 191 11
What if Asgore knew that Sans was a weapon built by the scientist before Alphys? What if Frisk couldn't fix the gap between humans and monsters? What...
98.3K 2.6K 21
One day you just need to escape from harsh reality, maybe the stories of Mt. Ebbot are true? *Trigger warning, this book does get dark*
62.9K 2.7K 26
(Y/n) has had a rough life, how could it get any worse? Let's let G answer that. ~~ This is a Complete Rewrite of Hold Still! I don't own any of the...