The Call Of A Mute Heart

By Arzuera

Your heart has always been a problem and your mute vocal chords have made it impossible to achieve your dream... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Easter Special
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Special Chapter War Edition pt 1
Chapter 15
Special Chapter War Edition pt 2
Chapter 16
Special Chapter War Edition pt 3
Chapter 17
Special Chapter War Edition pt 4
Chapter 18
Special Chapter War Edition 5
Chapter 19
Special Jerry Edition
Chapter 20
Special War Edition 6
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Special Chapter 4
Underfell Special 1
Underfell Special 2
Chapter 29
Underfell Special 3
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Underfell Special 4
Chapter 32
Underfell Special 5
Halloween Special 1
Halloween Special 2
Halloween Special End
Chapter 33
I'm sorry x.x
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Christmas Special
Chapter 38
I'm Sorry... again
Update
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Underfell Finale
Chapter 41
Underswap Special
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Underswap Special 2
Underswap Special 3
HAPPY EASTER
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Underswap Special 4
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Contest Entry Update
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Halloween 2017 pt 1
Chapter 61
Halloween 2017 pt 2
Halloween 2017 pt 3
Halloween 2017 END
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Underswap special 6
Underswap Special 7
Underswap Special END
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Final Author's Note

Underswap special 5

296 16 12
By Arzuera

I have not stopped writing this! I promise ;-;

Anyway, I bet you all thought I forgot that this little side story wasn't completed.... well I have not. Happy Belated Easter everyone! :D

~~~

It was calming. The gentle sound of falling water filled your ears with white noise as you felt the dark veil of sleep begin to recede. Slowly, you lifted your head but it was an effort. Your entire body felt like lead. Heavy and aching. Silently grumbling, you dropped your head face first back to the floor. Surprised that it was some slightly damp wood instead of the dirt you had been resting on after your fall. Somehow, you had moved from your original position. Were you not alone? Had the water drifted you off somewhere? Slowly lifting your head again, you finally took in your immediate surroundings.

Before you passed out you were in a place that was full of water, waterfalls, and little islands in the water. Now large waterfalls were still nearby. They made up an entire wall of the room that you were currently in. Though now it was obscured by large piles of garbage that held some labels that you actually recognized. You were currently resting on a tiny dock right before an endless pit. Trash that wasn't caught by the piles was slowly drifting past your still form until it reached the edge and descended into a place unknown. More than likely never to be seen again. Despite the large amount of trash that was in the area, it smelled okay. Maybe there wasn't a lot of food thrown down?

With more effort than you would like to admit, you brought your hands under your chest and slowly pushed yourself into a seated position. At your stirring, two very noticeable creatures made their presence known. The dragon heads that you had summoned to help fend off Temmie drifted over from their resting position on a pile of trash. One hung back but the other had no qualms floating over to you and nuzzling you affectionately.

These things definitely were not normal magic attacks. Most magic dispersed after their intended purpose had been fulfilled or maybe a minute or two after. Digging around your pocket, you produced your phone and looked at the time. Your eyes went wide. Wow... you had been out for a very long time. Much longer than a simple trip down the street to Muffet's and back should ever allot. There was no doubt that you absence has been noticed and the skeletons would be looking for you. Yet somehow the two magic attacks were still here and they were... sentient? Just what were these things that Sans had given you?

The nuzzling dragon made a noise that was almost like a whine and you realized that you had sat up but haven't moved since. Lost in your own thoughts with a groggy mind. It looked worried and despite the fact that it was insanely powerful with an intimidating face... in this moment it looked kind of cute. That should not be a thing but it appears as though it was. Lifting a hand, you gently stroked the bone of it's muzzle and it let out a happy sound that only made the magic weapon even cuter. Not only that but the other one saw the attention it's buddy was getting and was now over by you pleading for pets as well. What was with this?

You petted the affection starved attacks before the vertigo of sitting upright got to you and you moved to lay back down on the dock. The coolness of the wood was soothing. Once the feeling faded, you were going to text Sans where you were so that he can come and get you... as for what goes from there? You weren't sure. They were still working on the machine when you had left. So there was no guarantee that it was done yet. You were not looking forward to discussing Temmie with the skeletons. It was not going to go over well.

"Oh...! Are... are you oka-........ oh my...." A faint whisper called out from behind a rather large trash pile and immediately the skulls left your side. Facing their maws towards the sound. You barely caught a glimpse of transparent pink as it dodged completely behind the trash pile.

This was not going to go well if you didn't stop them. An innocent monster may be about to lose their life. You pushed yourself up and clapped your hands several times until the magic attacks took their attention away from the hiding monster. With a disapproving look, you beckoned them back over to you and without any sounds they did as such. Only they looked more like chastised children than deadly attacks. You lightly bop them on the nose to show that you weren't happy with their quick to attack attitudes. Though you did appreciate how they were quick to defend. It was sweet.

They hovered near you while eyeing the trash pile the monster had hidden behind uncertainly. The only reason you knew the monster were still there was because the magic attacks seemed to sense their presence. To be honest, if two giant dragon heads came after you... you probably would have ran and hid as well. However, the monster was only concerned so you waited for them to come back out.

After a few minutes of silence (you ended up petting the heads again.), a pink ghost slowly popped their head out from their hiding spot. One that you recognized from somewhere but couldn't put a name too. There weren't many ghost monsters who weren't corporeal so you were flummoxed that you couldn't think of that monster's name! Also... who was this ghost switched with? That seemed to be a running theme with this universe.

Keeping the skulls from going into attack mode again, you sent the ghost monster a patient smile while beckoning them over. Hoping you looked friendly enough to do so. The pink ghost looked unsure for a few more moments before slowly making their way out of their hiding place. It hovered above the water about halfway between you and the trash pile it had been hiding behind. "Um..... sorry.... if I startled you.... but are you okay? You've been here..... for a while...." It looked away from you as it spoke and you couldn't help the smile that spread across your face. The way that they acted reminded you of Napstablook. From the long pauses in their speech to the anxious way that they looked around the room... it was as though your ghostly friend had turned pink.

"I have been better. Thank you for asking though. Also these guys won't hurt you." The electronic voice from your phone spoke while you gave the two magical attacks a pointed glare. There was no way you were going to let them blast away a cute ghost monster just because they had showed you some concern.

"Ah... well... If you want... maybe you could come back to my place? I... I might have something that could help you there..." The pink ghost quickly looked away. "Tha-that is if you want to... you don't have to-"

"That sounds wonderful! My name is (y/n) by the way!" You were more than eager to get out of this damp dreary place. Despite the vertigo, you pushed yourself up into a standing position while your phone read the text you put into it. When you began to wobble on unsteady legs, one of the dragon heads was quick to push the back of your knees with it's snout so that you fell backwards onto it's forehead. It hovered in the air while you readjusted your sitting position. Riding on a dragon skull attack thing? Yes, please.

"I-I'm... I'm Happstablook... um... this way..." Quicker than you would have thought, the pink ghost made its way out of the room you were currently in and you had to urge the attacks to follow. Overall, it was a rather short trip. Just a couple of rooms and soon you were standing before two identical houses. One being blue and one being a bright pink with the tops looking as though they were sagging away from each other. You blinked.

You've seen these houses before.

"Over here..." the pink monster hovered right in front of the pink house and opened the door before turning back to you and your little magic attack posse. "You can come in... if you want..." Without much prompting, the attack you rode on followed and your eyes confirmed the thoughts that were already forming in your head.

Pink.

A LOT of pink.

Hot pink wall paper covered the walls as a pink fuzzy carpet covered the floor. The curtains were pink. The bed was pink. The journals on the floor were pink. Posters on the walls were covered in designs for a fashion line that looked to be more a dream than a real thing. The dots were connecting but there was just no way... it couldn't be... this is...

This was Mettaton's house. It was just slightly different.

"I... I know it isn't much but if you need to rest... you can use my bed... it's comfy... or at least I think it is..." Happstablook gestured to the piece of furniture in question and you let the dragon head you rode on deposit you right on the plush pink comforter. Instead of the bed giving into your body, it felt straight as if it had never been used before which was odd if it had been used. Wait. Ghost monster. Duh. "It isn't as... nice as my cousin's place but it.. it's still nice."

"Cousin?" you were quick to jump on the topic change. Now if only your phone could display vocal emotion.

"Y-yeah... You probably already know him... he's the DJ that plays on TV sometimes... Napstabot." At this, Happstablook grabbed a remote and turned on the TV. Sure enough, there was a robot monster DJing on stage to an overly excited crowd of monsters. Only instead of pink like you were used to, there was a lot of blue. "He's pretty popular." So your suspicions were correct. In this universe, Mettaton and Napstablook were switched in personalities and stages of life. Instead of the overly dramatic and charismatic superstar, Mettaton was still the shy ghost designer who probably only shows his clothes to close friends and family. Just how much cuter can this world get?

No wonder you couldn't figure out the name of this monster. You've only seen Mettaton project his ghost form a few times. Most of the time you forgot he was a ghost at all. Now you get to experience something that you more than likely would have never been able to before? A mischievous grin started to make its way on your face but you fought it back. You had to resist for the adorable ghost's sake but the urge... the urge to mess with him was powerful... to... powerful...

"Uh... are you okay?"

There was no doubt in your mind that you probably looked like you were about to pull off a horrid prank... if the hesitancy in the monster's voice was anything to go by, at least. You allowed the grin to fade as you turned your attention back on the pink ghost. "Better now. You could say that you.. lifted my SPIRITS." Unfortunately, the voice in the app wouldn't enunciate the pun.

It didn't need to though.

"W-what? D-did you just say a pun.... like Papyrus?" the cheeks of Happstablook got a little darker pink and you had to fight yourself so that you didn't let your internal glee show. It was too cute!

"I was in such a ghostly state! You really helped me out." Your grin continued to grow as the blush continued to darken on the ghost with your punny compliments.

Quickly, the ghost monster looked away from you to hide his face but you could still see the magic from the reddened transparent cheeks. "N-no... I didn't do much... I just... invited you over... It's not like I saved you from something horrible..."

Oh, if he only knew why you were laying on that dock in the first place. Regardless, you couldn't stop. You had to keep the adorable ghost blushing. Why couldn't ghost monsters show up in photos? This was something you wanted to keep with you forever! Your fingers were already typing a response. "Hey! Don't sell yourself short. I think you are fa-BOO-lous!"

At that, the poor ghost's blush covered their entire form so that they were a bright red instead of the soft pink from before. The silent giggles you were trying to contain shaking your shoulders. This was better than the time you stuck jolly ranchers in the shower head of Sans's bathroom. When that poor skeleton began to dry with that sugar water on his bones... oh that had been too good to witness.

"HEY, HAPPSTA! YOU HOME? I GOTTA WARN YOU ABOUT A HUMAN PASSIN THROU-" Just as you were about to playfully tease the ghost version of your boyfriend some more, the front door of the house was kicked in causing you to jump in place and the dragon heads to turn their attention on the newcomer.

Yellow and armor. The monster was short in stature and riddled with scars on the places that weren't covered up by the heavy protective metal. She was missing an eye and her expression was one of surprise. Then again, so was yours. After all... this was Alphys. Sweets hadn't been kidding. Alphys was wearing the royal guard armor that looked just like the set that Undyne had shown you back in your universe. Alphys was the head of the royal guard in this version....and now she was holding a giant axe.

The very strong and very powerful lizard monster was holding an axe that she had summoned with her magic and was now pointing it directly at you.

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no no.

You swallowed hard while slowly raising your hand to give the yellow monster a meek wave. Just how were you going to talk your way out of getting your head lopped off? However, you weren't given long to think about it. The dragon heads immediately put themselves between you and Alphys with their maws opening in preparation for attack.

Alphys's eye took in the new threats before it fell back on you in a narrowed slit. "What do you think you are doing, human?"

Playfully flirting with a ghost monster. That's all! Now if only you could sign that and she could understand it. With both hands in full view, you slowly typed out your response without taking your eyes off the intimidating monster. "Teasing my new boo." You immediately pointed to the ever darkening Happstablook and the look on Alphys's face went from intimidating to confused so you quickly typed out an explanation. "It's a pun on bae."

"W-WHAT?! I-I'm... I-I'M YOUR WHAT?!" You didn't think the ghost monster could get any redder at this point and if they had blood you would have worried that they may pass out with so much going to their head.

"ENOUGH! IT DOESN'T MATTER!" Alphys bellowed out the words as she swung her axe around in a flashy display to look menacing. You couldn't deny that it worked, also that you were very impressed with her skill. "I may not have been able to catch the other human but we just need one more SOUL to break the barrier. NOW WE CAN USE YOURS!"

The Captain of the Royal Guard advanced and you hugged the nearest dragon skull attack thing to try and stop it from doing what it had been charging up to do all this time. Only for your attempt to do absolutely nothing.

Two powerful blasts of pure magic launched their way towards Alphys.... or at least where Alphys had been. The blasts cut through the front door... the front wall... the entire front of Happstablook's house was gone in a matter of seconds. You glanced around only to find that the monster had jumped and was falling towards you with her axe held high. Ready to strike you down. Well, this was one way to go. A lot better than a hospital bed in your opinion. "I CAN FEEL EVERYONE'S HEARTS BEATING AS ONE! WE WILL BE FREE!"

You snapped your eyes closed as the axe swung down towards your head and you braced yourself for an immense amount of pain. That or whatever happens when you die. Hopefully Alphys did it in one hit. Though with your weak SOUL it probably will. It really wouldn't take to much effort. You continued to wait with your eyes scrunched closed until a frustrated snarl had you opening them.

Alphys's axe was inches from your face with an orange aura wrapped around it and the rather pissed off monster that wielded it. "looks like i was just in time. can't imagine if i was a beat late." the orange hooded skeleton stood in the spot where the door had been a few seconds before. His right eye was lit up a brilliant orange with a similar aura encasing his hand.

"PAPYRUS!? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" the yellow monster tried to fight the magic keeping her in mid air but she wasn't budging in the slightest.

"sorry, alph but this human isn't on the to kill list." the tall skeleton idly rolled the lollipop in his mouth to the other side. Completely unfazed by the monster he held trapped.

"WHY THE HELL NOT?"

"we can't use her SOUL. not strong enough... actually... kid are you okay? you look a little worse for wear." Papyrus headed over to you while ignore the two dragon attacks that watched the two monsters in suspicion. Poor Happstablook completely forgotten about in the corner. You let out a silent sigh of relief and nod. Despite everything... you were alive. A little tired. A little dirty. A little weak but most definitely alive. "c'mon. we're gonna need to call sans. he's been worried sick about you."

"CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

"Of course." You smiled to the floating monster while your phone spoke for you. "But only if you AXE nicely."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 7.7K 19
You were always a curious child. One day, your curiosity took you too far. You lived not to far from a mountain, MT. Ebott, and always wanted to see...
35.3K 1K 24
(Y/N) is an artist. An extraordinary one to say the least. She is quickly climbing her way up the ranks. And who knows, one day she may even become f...
175K 6.3K 34
COMPLETE These feelings were just a bug. A bug Alphys couldn't figure out. That's all that Mettaton knew, because after all, he was a robot and you...
30.8K 778 30
Your violet aka (Y/N) your the new robot you make music like napstablook like EDM, Dubstep, Electro and more but when mettaton said you would go on s...